• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[Vivian]

Vivian is a bit anxious. While she's sure she could manage the farm alone, it was infinitely easier with other people.

"I was prepared to do this alone, so I'm grateful for all of your support," Vivian smiles at Kugo and Ayesha.

This could still work out between the three of us. And who knows? Maybe other people will join and help out.

"I'll definitely get some rest-- after dinner though!" Vivian says with a lighthearted tone.

Ayesha Nawaz

Despite it all, you can't not smile a little at Vivian's upbeat attitude. We're all definitely still in some level of shock, but it's nice we're still sticking together. The absence of Lexa and Abbey still looms like a shadow over the dinner, but we manage to pass it in a more or less friendly, if quiet, atmosphere.

Sleep takes me easily enough. It's been a whirlwind of a day and a typhoon of a week. Still, when I think about it, I'm in a much better place, both physical and mentally, than I used to be. I have a place to sleep, I have food to eat and, more importantly, I have friends. Despite what happened a few hours back...I think things are looking up, on the whole. For the first time in a while, I have a long and truly relaxing sleep free of nightmares.

Once morning arrives and our morning routines are done with, we've gathered in the common room, waiting to see if any of us have anything new to discuss...

IceSolstice IceSolstice KanTheOne KanTheOne

Vix lets out a little fake sigh, “You just had to go with a reasonable answer. Sure I'll tag along for now. Not particularly familiar with Thai food though,” Her body grows distinctly more opaque, “So I might pass on that part.”

Y Yuki no Yue

Alexander Cyphre

"Maybe we could find a restaurant that sell both Thai food and some other kind of cuisine? I never had good oriental food except for Japanese, so I want to try now that I can."

I said, smirking a bit, thinking back. I mean, between Italy and America, not one good eastern restaurant. It was a tragedy.

I smile back from vivians positive additude but when we went to eat it was pretty quiet. Sense i was pretty tired already i ate my food fast and went to bed.

Sleep was actually pretty normal or like it usually is. I toss and turn for a a bit then i fell asleep. Had good dream too. A few hours passed and i woke up a a little before the sun was up so it was still pretty dark and took a quick stroll outside. It really relaxed me. Soon it ended with me having to go back but it was till a good walk.

When i get back its officially morning so i get done with my morning routines stretch once more and went into the common room. I leaned up against the wall and put my hands in my pocket and waited.
IceSolstice IceSolstice always_confused always_confused

Last edited:
Alexander Cyphre

"Maybe we could find a restaurant that sell both Thai food and some other kind of cuisine? I never had good oriental food except for Japanese, so I want to try now that I can."

I said, smirking a bit, thinking back. I mean, between Italy and America, not one good eastern restaurant. It was a tragedy.

“No it's fine,” she gives a bit of a shrug, “I just generally avoid eating most things in public. Its not a big deal.”

[Vivian]

After dinner, Vivian bids farewell to both Kugo and Ayesha.

What to do now..? Today seemed equal parts productive and a hot mess. I have a place to stay, a means of earning my living, and people to help me, but Abbey got dreamrifted and Lexa got sent to jail...

Shaking those thoughts out of her head, Vivian explores the rest of her house--notably her own bedroom.
The door creaks when she pushes it open and she drags her suitcase inside with her.

The fading vestiges of light peeking through the curtains barely allow her to make out several pieces of furniture, such as the dresser, a desk with a lamp, a nightstand, the double closet, a queen sized bed, and an office chair.

Vivian flips on the lights, blinking several times to help her eyes adjust to the sudden brightness, and begins to unpack.
Clothes flew into the closet and dresser, her laptop was carefully set up on her desk, and her flute case was lovingly placed on her nightstand.
Moderately spent, Vivian changes into her nightclothes and passes out on her bed.

--

Vivian blearily opens her eyes to her new, strange environment.
Where am I...?
She sits up and looks around, recognition finally making its way to her sleepy mind.
Oh right, this is my new home.
She kicks off her covers and goes to shower, change clothes, and freshen up in general. Once she's done, Vivian makes contact with Kugo and Ayesha, confirming when they're coming over.
As she waits for them to arrive, Vivian picks up her flute and begins playing a tune:

Ayesha and Kugo shortly arrive and they all stand around in the living room, waiting for someone to say something first.

Vivian figures that she should speak first, especially since she's the boss here.

"It was really unfortunate that we lost Abbey and Lexa yesterday, but I hope we all can put our best foot forward while wishing Abbey's and Lexa's safe return."

She lets that sink in before continuing, "As for what we'll be doing today, it'd be great if you could finish tilling the trellis section, Ayesha. Kugo, if you could start planting the pea and squash seeds after Ayesha has tilled some of the ground, that'd be helpful. Once you're both done, you can help me harvest the tomatoes, beans, and cucumbers. They should all be fully grown and ready to harvest by now."

always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne

[Haku]

"If you want good quality oriental food, then you should stick to the restaurants that specialize in one type of cuisine," Haku suggests, "In my experience, restaurants that try to do too much tend to fail. Like Bobert's Bread. They started doing subs, melts, and even burgers and subsequently the quality of their bread that they were so famous for, declined."

Hopefully someone brings Bobert's Bread back to good old days. The bread was wonderfully fragrant and soft before with innovative twists for those that wanted something a little more. Now it tried to overstep into territory that wasn't strictly bread--which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. But the end result was that the new items fell short of the other sandwich shops and burger joints, and their bread lost a lot of quality that made them Bobert's.

"Either way, I'm going to go back to the Factions to eat. It was a pleasure to meet you both," Haku adds.

negativenull negativenull Y Yuki no Yue

After she gets done talking he pushes himself up and says "Sounds good to me, good thing we came early." He then turns to leave when he remembers he cant do anything yet. He turns back to Vivian and speaks.

"Is there anything I can do while I wait on Ayesha to get done tilling the ground? Since it might take a bit" he then goes on to say "I could maybe clean or help you while I wait on her?" he puts his hands back in his pockets as he waits on an answer. He thinks to himself while waiting there should be some other work to do I mean it hasn't been touched for a while. It might take more work to clean though. He takea out a coin and flicks it in the air.

Dan Ryder

Dan yawned to himself, pushing back the wrapper off the surface of the sweet he'd spent the night sheltered inside. One thing he hadn't really thought about was the heat - his body temperature, combined with the new day's sun, had caused his temporary residence to melt around him, causing his skin and clothes to be covered in sticky, liquid chocolate. Not the most pleasant, to say the least.

He lofted himself out, onto the pavement, dropping a short distance to the ground. A tiny brown puddle formed around him as he attempted to remove some of the substance off his body, not managing much other than wiping some off his eyes so he could actually see properly. What he really needed was some water, so he could actually clean himself. But looking around, there wasn't any in his immediate area.

Of course, he didn't exactly know much about where he was. He'd been carried over here, so he hadn't really been able to explore by himself. The street was relatively quiet, with only the occasional person passing by, thankfully none getting too close. With little else to be, he picked a direction, and began slowly walking down the pavement, leaving pinprick chocolate footprints.

Lexa Gilliam

Lexa blinked furiously as a bright light shined into her eyes. She felt... fuzzy. She didn't even question where she was for a few moments, instead just lying on the particularly uncomfortable bed with her hand over her face.

Reality jumped back to her all at once, rushing through her body like a cold wave. She jerked up into a sitting position, eyes wide as she glared at her surroundings. It didn't take long to figure out where she was. Cold stone walls, weathered metal bars, tungsten washlight..

She was in prison. Again.

Unlike any other cell she'd ever been in though, this one actually seemed capable of holding her. The ground seemed to sap her strength slightly as she placed her now-bare feet onto it, dust kicking back. Her clothes were obviously long gone, and had been replaced by what seemed to be a blue jumpsuit that was somewhat too large for her.

She felt bad, in every sense of the word. Her head was throbbing slightly, and her arms felt like they'd been strapped down with pieces of lead. Then there was the guilt. She couldn't quite remember what'd happened, but this'd happened enough times that she got the general idea. Hopefully she hadn't hurt the others - it certainly wasn't out of the question.

She simply sat there for a while, contemplating her situation. This was exactly the kind of thing she was trying to get away from.

[Vivian]

"Err yeah. You can help me harvest the vegetable," Vivian lightheartedly glares at Kugo, "Just make sure you don't bruise anything when packing them into the crates!"

I remember seeing wooden crates in the storage shed... Those should do for now. I really want to get the orchard started too. I'll have to look around the commercial area to see if any shops sell plants.
I don't know what Brinkhaven shops sell or if they even sell normal things!

"If no one else has concerns, let's head out!" Vivian exclaims.

KanTheOne KanTheOne always_confused always_confused

Ayesha Nawaz

If we still have thoughts and-or doubts from yesterday's events, no one is showing it. It's kind of impressive to see Vivian and Kugo in their usual spirits despite it all, if I'm being honest with myself. Strangely enough, their positive attitude seems infectious and I'm actually looking forward to the day ahead of us. Although...did Kugo just say it might take me a while to get my end of the work done? Oh ye of little faith!

Previously, I had already done the work on 3/4ths of the trellis section and had actually started doing a little on the last remaining 1/4th. Finishing that remaining bit off didn't take much time, relatively speaking of course, this is still farm work I'm doing and I'm still dragging a tiller around with my own strength. With that done, I have nothing else to do though. I definitely want, and can, do more, even taking into account the level of sandbagging I did yesterday. But I'm no farmer and I doubt Vivian would like it if I took matters into my own hands and ran roughshod over the fields!

To that end, I decide to go and look for the other two. Upon finding them, I greet the duo before asking how else I can help, "Hey you two! Just wanted to let you know, I'm done with tilling the trellis section. Wasn't that hard, most of the work was done yesterday already. What else do you need me to do in the meanwhile?"

When Ayesha comes over to them he quickly looks over. "Well i probably shouldn't have guessed you would take long. My bad" he says " You might just need to help harvest the vegetables. But thats up to her. Well i got to go and start planting the seeds. Hopefully that won't take to long. Well ill have some faith though."

He takes out his coin and starks flicking it in the air while he speed walks over to grab the seeds and towards the other tillied area. He slowly starts planting the seeds and tires to do his best on planting the 'good' sincse he never farmed before he only seen other people do it so he took that information and applied it here.

That being said he got done after a while which seemd like for ever for him. "Im glad its not to hot today could be worse" after he puts everything back he walks back where they where before.
always_confused always_confused IceSolstice IceSolstice

[Vivian]

Vivian is happy with everyone's progress so far as she carefully snips a ripe tomato from the vine. The sunlight, while direct, isn't too harsh today. Clouds occasionally drift by, covering the farm in shadow. Birds chirp nearby and when Vivian gets a good look at them, she notices with surprise that they're golden with a curled tail feathers and a single curled head feather. Sunlight glints off of their golden plumage as the birds flit around.

It'd be pretty cool to get one as a pet. I wonder what it eats...?

Vivian refocuses on the task at hand and gives the tomato a cursory glance, confident in her Gift's ability to produce quality crops.
She carefully sets each specimen in the crate, making sure they're packed snugly--but not too tightly to be bruised.

When Ayesha comes over to ask what more she should do, Vivian holds out a pair of garden scissors and says, "You can help me harvest these tomatoes. Please handle them gently."

Ayesha Nawaz

When Ayesha comes over to ask what more she should do, Vivian holds out a pair of garden scissors and says, "You can help me harvest these tomatoes. Please handle them gently."

"Gotcha, Vivian." Taking the pair of scissors, I follow Vivian's lead and being to harvest the tomatoes. I have to admit, this is actually harder than tilling the field. That was relatively simple. Drag machine with peak-human strength and it'll do all the work. This though, is more delicate. That said, with Vivian's help, I get into a good rhythm and begin to harvest the tomatoes at a decent pace.

As we all go along with our chores, I call out to the others, "So...any plans tonight?"

Dan Ryder

Dan sat down against a brick wall, using a slight overhang to get under a merciful bit of shade. That was something he hadn't considered - the blaring hot daylight sun, combined with his persistent chocolate coating, was practically unbearable. He felt like his skin was roasting from the inside-out. There had to be some way of getting this off...

His initial plan of finding a stray puddle had failed miserably. Clearly, it hadn't rained recently, nor was it planning to anytime soon.

He couldn't stay out here. Not only was the heat getting to him, it was starting to bring out the summer-lovers, the number of walkers on the street steadily starting to increase. Of course, his size limited the distance he could travel. So right now, it seemed like his only option was to head into the building he was currently leaning against.

It didn't take long to find the door. Even at his size, he had to duck slightly to get underneath it, but it was worth it. Blissful AC blasted him as soon as he entered, immediately cooling him down. Of course, he couldn't stand here very, being in perhaps the most dangerous spot possible, and as such he ducked off the side, heading under one of the tables.

He couldn't see everything from down here, but it seemed he was in a shop of some kind. A restaurant? Hmm, no, it didn't quite have that... vibe. It did have a menu up above the main counters though, although rather than full meals, they looked to be selling sandwiches, snacks and... bread? Just bread? That was rather odd.

Still, it was highly likely we could find some water here, and perhaps then he could deal with the one problem he'd woken up with today. Then maybe, just maybe, he could start getting his life together...

He goes back and joins the others by helping harvest. I find it a bit more easier then the other work. He hums a tune to himslef while he working until Ayesha says 'So...any plans tonight.' He pauses and thinks. "Well i was probably just gonna go do somthing entertaining then head to bed. Nothing too exciting. What about you two." He asked as he went back to work.

He goes back and joins the others by helping harvest. I find it a bit more easier then the other work. He hums a tune to himself while he working until Ayesha says 'So...any plans tonight.' He pauses and thinks. "Well i was probably just gonna go do something entertaining then head to bed. Nothing too exciting. What about you two." He asked as he went back to work.

Ayesha

"Can't say anything comes to mind...Although, when you say 'something entertaining', you got anything in mind?" Hopefully it was something less 'entertaining' than what went down last night. Ugh.

"Well I planned on taking a walk to a nearby store and do a bit of window shopping since i kinda dont want to spend any money...unless i find somthing useful or cool. I mean that might sound super boring to you but i find it entertaining to find new stuff around here ya know?"

[Vivian]

"Well..I was worried about Lexa actually. Do you think we could figure out where she's being held and see how she's doing?" Vivian hesitates, "You guys don't have to come with me if you don't want to. Exploring the city would be pretty cool."

Vivian makes note of their progress with harvesting-- a decent amount of crates had been filled and there was still more to be harvested.

I wonder if there's a faster way to do this or some magical tool I can buy...

[Haku]

After saying her farewells to Alex and Vix, Haku heads over to the Faction cafeteria. She expertly picks out a balanced diet, rounding it out with a funnel cake.

While Haku doesn't like to admit it, she has a rather bad case of sweet tooth. If she could (and if perhaps no one was watching), Haku would pile only desserts and other sweet things onto her tray.
Even though some other Faction members did exactly that, Haku had an image to maintain. She was neat. She was orderly. She was methodical.

Haku already had some issues being taken seriously by some of the older Faction members, and further perpetuating that notion by only eating sweets would be unacceptable.
She could easily imagine some of the laughs and lighthearted poking she would get.

Haku bites into her piece of curry chicken with more force than it's necessary.

I'm getting too overworked about this. I should go out for a ride after dark.

...And get more of this curry chicken.

He pauses and stares. Would she even accept seeing us agian from guilt reasons? "Well if you truly are going me and Ayesha can come too if your fine with that." Just a quick change up plans wont hurt anyone. Hopefully we will be able to get in.

He gets back to harvesting "well lets just finish this up so we can plan after" that being said he goes back to full focus on harvesting. Dang this takes a while, im pretty sure will make it in time right?

Lexa Gilliam

A more thorough look around the room confirmed exactly what she'd assumed at a first glance - this room was made to hold her, or at least others like her. The usual facilities she'd been used to in other cells were notably absent, particularly the ones which might facilitate her escape. Looked like law enforcement was actually a big problem here, rather than the minor annoyance she'd had to deal with back home.

One thing she hadn't noticed before was the grazes on her elbows and knees. It actually looked like she she'd bled at some point, scabs now covering the injuries. It'd been a long time anyone had drawn blood from her. These guys were the real deal.

Her alone time was interrupted by the sound of the cell door opening. It was only at this point that she realised that the door was double-layered, an airlock of sorts. Smart. A officer of sorts walked in, followed swiftly by a well-dressed businesswoman.

"Now, Ms. Gilliam, I assume you already know why you're here..."

Ayesha

"Of course we'll come along! I'd do the same for the both of you as well. It seems weird to say, considering we've all known each other for, like, a day, but I really think we've got a good thing going here. And Lexa was...is definitely a part of that." It seems strange, but ever since I met these three, I've been feeling a lot more confident in myself. It makes me feel good. Really good. In a way I haven't felt for years.

KanTheOne KanTheOne IceSolstice IceSolstice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back