• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Luke's phone rang. "What do you want, Maddox?"

"I need access to the city cameras and a way to watch them."

"Approved." Luke said nothing else and hung up

He looked at the wires. "Power Surge........." He looked around. "It doesn't tell us much about what we're looking for." He realized he was talking to air when Piper left.

He left the room to see Piper talking to some newcomers. He sparked with electricity. "If you contaminate this crime scene," he said threateningly, though his voice was that of complete calm. "I'll have you arrested"

Remus

Black cat attack

Remus listened as Galleytrot berated, wearing a mocking smile and cupping his ears so that Galleytrot's voice may better find it's way to Remus's ears.  It was a gesture that Remus did a lot, and a gesture that they both knew meant Remus was hardly, actually, listening.  Admittedly, Remus loved it when Galleytrot told him off for acting out.  Made Remus feel like Galleytrot really cared about him, in a twisted sort of sense.  It made Remus giddy inside.  Oh, what he would give to make Galleytrot truly angry.  The sight of a red faced Galleytrot was something Remus did not see often enough.

But right now, there were bigger fish to fry then Galleytrot's temper.  Somehow a woman had managed to spot Remus despite his best efforts to remain incognito, she must have been truly skilled, that woman.  Remus took it upon himself to take evasive actions, to prevent this woman from finding out there true identity.  Thinking on his feet but not with his brain, Remus hopped between the woman and Galleytrot,with his two hands he made a finger gun and aggressively pointed it at the woman.  

"Freeze!  Black Cat Investigations!"

Remus let silence fall in the room once more before he started speaking again, figuring nice to let both other parties let his previous action sink in.

"Kidding!  Kidding!  We don't use guns!  Hello, hi, allo!  Call me Remus, head of Black Cat Investigations.  This here is my partner, G-Trot.  He's the muscle and I'm the brains, but that's getting off topic."  Remus then, with a hop skip and jump placed himself in the nearest chair, getting comfortable before continuing.  "We are a private eye investigation clinic.  Clinic?  Is that the right word?  I'll go with it anyways.  We were hired to investigate this crime scene.  At BCI we mostly handle cases that involve the supernatural."  Remus got up now, inching closer and closer to the woman, not caring for her own personal boundary space.  He stopped once there faces were practically inches apart.  "We have reason to believe that this murder was not done with a simple knife if you catch my drift.  So!  Here we are, sticking our noses where they totally belong!"

Remus backed up, this time moving towards Galleytrot and leaning on him as support.

"Any questions?"

@Sleipnir

Last edited by a moderator:
Piper had nodded to Luke when he threatened legal action -- as would be perfectly appropriate. As for when this stranger played fake guns, she made no secret of hovering one hand over her own holster, not once taking her eyes off the two strangers. She didn't say anything at first when Remus started talking about himself and "G-Trot," who stood back and ran a hand through his hair, obviously embarrassed or else stressed by the display. Piper couldn't help but entertain a moment of sympathy. Then her attention went back to Remus.

As he put himself within inches of her, Piper drew herself up and absolutely did not back up. She had learned not to do that in her time with the police -- the last thing you wanted to do, after all, was give anyone an impression of dominance. She crossed her arms when Remus asked if they had any questions and shot Luke a look. "Luke, do you happen to have what you need with you to do a bit of research on this investigation clinic?" She asked him, though it was borderline rhetorical -- there was little doubt in her mind that Luke would be able to look this Black Cat Investigations up. Then she looked at the two men. "As for you two -- who hired you? You may or may not be aware, but this investigation is currently under my authority. You might not have noticed."

Piper tossed her badge to Galleytrot, who caught it and took a look at it. "You might also have failed to notice that I'm from the Department of Defense Against Supernatural, Extraterrestrial and Paranormal Activity with Malicious Intent. Piper Reed. We also believe this case was of supernatural origin -- and we're having a hell of a time trying to come up with so much as a cause of death without the crime scene being contaminated by a pair of shapeshifters."

Galleytrot shot Remus a sharp glare, looking up again abruptly at the end of what she said. Piper had called them shapeshifters -- and so they were. But they hadn't told her that. Neither seemed too terribly lax, and he had little doubt that the boy would attempt to make good on his threat to have the pair arrested -- not as if a jail cell would hold a pair of Black Dogs. But Galleytrot wasn't done with this scene just yet and he was certain they were going to be removed. "You want to know the cause of death?" he asked, shifting from under Remus and leaving the other dog without a prop to lean against. "You'll have trouble finding it without help. Her soul's gone."

"You'll have trouble finding it without help. Her soul's gone."

"He is right."

A man wearing a hooded robe came into the scene. One which the Black Dogs didn't know, but he surely was no stranger to Piper and Luke. Since he was on another mission for a long time, he didn't get a chance to appear often at the HQ, but he was nonetheless an agent of the Department Against the Supernatural, Azure Skyfallen. He heard about the case and, after giving the report with details regarding his former mission, he rushed towards that particular crime scene, considering that his abilities may be of use. He didn't bother much with the two Black Dogs, instead he continued to talk to Piper and Luke.

"Every being with a soul has an aura. Even when they die, some residual energy remains. But there is no such thing in the body of that woman" he said, as his  cyan blue eyes started to glow. Apart from his magic abilities, Azure also had extrasensorial perception, so he could see auras, among other things.

A sudden thought came to him, that his behaviour was a little rude, but not regarding the Black Dogs. Instead he belived that the way he suddenly started talking to Piper and Luke out of nowhere, was the slightly rude thing. "I apologize for my lack of manners." he said, timidly taking off his hood, revealing his black spiky hair and blue tattoos. "Long time no see, Miss Piper, Luke. I heard about the case, so I thought you could use a hand" he added, as he smiled.

@Sleipnir@Kylesar1@Rantos

When the guys started talking, the name Black Cat Investigation immediately caught his ear. He already had the info before Piper even asked him. "Have you ever heard of the show Cheaters? If I'm not mistaken, that's basically what Black Cat Investigations deals in. Unless this is a different Black Cat Investigations, one that's somehow associated with DDASMEPTAMI, or some secret supernatural service, I have no idea why they're here."

Then Azure popped up out of nowhere. "Agent Skyfallen," Luke said. "Long time, no see. Sharp as always to anticipate when we'd need help."

He turned back to the guys, flashing his badge. "Agent Luke Cross, head of tech and security........." then addressed everyone. "If her soul was stolen and not raptured, then we're dealing with something Black or Demonic." Nothing else is known to just steal souls. Only forbidden, illegal Black Magic or hellspawn was known to steal souls, while white magic and God-Spawn could rapture souls (Not unlike stealing, but entirely different investigative procedures and circumstances.)

Luke didn't deal with the souls themselves. His tech that scanned auras was too buggy to be used right now. "This being either lived here or sensed this camera." This was the only camera to be cut off (and nowhere near the only camera in this room) and the being didn't look at the camera, which suggested a focused attack, probably the day it finally attacked and killed the victim

@Azure Sky

@Sleipnir

@Hel

@Rantos

Alex:

Alexander nodded, listening to the sketch artist answer his questions. The man seemed so nice, and didn't snap at him for his curiosity or shoo him away. That was quite nice. He was obviously intrigued, and stuck around to ask one or two more questions before catching the time.

"Oh! Shoot!" He said, looking up at the clock, then back at Mo, "I have to go, I was supposed to meet with someone earlier, She's going to be worried if I don't get there soon."

With that, Alex offered a bit of a wave as he turned and hurried up to one of the research labs. The one he stopped in was the one dedicated to arcane studies. Anything involving magic passed through this lab, and the mages who worked here full time were brilliant. Masters. Of course, with that comes thinking that they know everything, and some level of smugness when nonmages enter.

Here is where Alex went to find Sanja. The brunette mage who was obsessed with a place called the dreamscape, the existence of which was denied by many of her mentors.

"Sanja?" Alex called, earning a dirty look from one or two of the mages who had already delved into their research for the morning. Alex moved over to where Sanja usually was, and smiled when he saw her. "I brought your coffee! Sorry I'm late."

Greyston:

Greyston listened to the racket going on downstairs- and Piper's excellent handle on the situation. Well, Greyston thought it was excellent, but then again Greyston's opinion was the one that mattered (If you ask him anyway). Once he'd finished sweeping the upstairs and interviewing a few of the police who'd gotten to the scene early he headed back downstairs.

"Ah, Azure, welcome. Nice to see you again, you're looking very winsome today." He said, as the other man made his presence known. Greyston looked the two that Piper had called Shapeshifters over too, they seemed harmless enough for now, but what he heard earlier could have been disruptive. He didn't like that they were there, and wasn't sure why the police let them in, but he'd get to that later.

"It certainly wasn't anyone else who lived here. Ariana here inherited the place a few weeks ago from her late grandfather. If I had to guess, I'd say he was the paranoid one. Interesting thing is that he died of a heart attack- officially speaking of course. I'd wonder if perhaps they were quick to associate age to health." Greyston mused aloud after having greeted Azure.

@Azure Sky @Kylesar1 @Sleipnir

Mo nodded understandably, "Right. No problem if you need me I'll be right-" He was cut off when he began to over hear a conversation between two departing agents who seemed to be investigating some case. Something about a murder in the park, a dead troll, and a description that matches nothing in the database. With his interest peaked Mo smirked, tossed some pencils in his brief case, and snapped it shut."Actually, I think I'll be going out." He spoke, rushing out the door with the agents.

Before long he was at the crime scene, the body of the troll lying on the ground with a halo of blood around his head. Mo knelt beside the body examining it while the agents he came with spoke to the witness. It had been quick and efficient, someone definitely knew what they were doing. There was no sign of struggle nor panic, the most logical explanation being that the troll was unaware of the assailants presence. The victim surely would have been alerted if the weapon in question was short range if not by simply feeling the presence of a body behind him, then by the look on the female elf's face when she noticed someone stalking behind him. Perhaps a sword or a thrown knife. He drew a sketch of the scene on the note book, reconstructing it within his own mind in perfect detail for further use. 

When the agents where finished he quickly followed up with the witness."Hello ma'am. I'm sorry to bother you after such a traumatic experience, but I was just wondering if you could tell me what you remember. Details on what the assailant might look like would help greatly."

a19f9d9a7b96c9999e40334b0246e23e.jpg

The female elf somehow managed to calm down by the time Mo arrived. Potions and emotional stabilizing magic did their trick. Her wounds were also healed. Nonetheless, she looked at Mo with a sad expression. "To be sincere, I think of him as more of a saviour than an assailant. Although he was very strange. He had no face and was completely black. Also, the substance he was made of seemed like some sort of metal. But the strange thing was what he said. When I pleaded so that he wouldn't kill me...he said that he wasn't malfunctioning, and that he won't attack something defenseless. I didn't see how he killed the troll, but one thing is for sure: he did it effortlessly. That's all I can tell you about him" was what she said. Her name was Lea Moonlight, and she was an office lady. Obviously she felt no compassion for the troll. In fact she was a little sad that he didn't suffer before he died.

@The Fantasy Incentive

Mo nodded attentively, flipping a page in his sketch pad to draw up a description on the information Lea gave. Due to the fact that she included the lack of facial features, it wasn't too hard. However this would make it harder to find the creature, especially if it is a shape-shifter. What she described reminded him of some old movie flick he watched when he was a kid about evil alien robots taking over the world. The inclusion of the word "malfunctioning" was peculiar, perhaps meaning that they weren't dealing with an organic organism. In that case it wasn't doing what is right but what it thought necessary to eliminate what it saw as a defective person. He colored it in loosely and turned the pad toward her. "Yeah from what I heard he wasn't exactly a 'gentleman'. I know you probably have that magic in your system but if you remember something, or in general want to vent about what happened, you can find me at the Department." He offered with a kind smile."By any chance do you know what direction he came from and the direction he went when he left?" He asked, thinking that he could follow the trail.

@Azure Sky

Alex:

Alexander nodded, listening to the sketch artist answer his questions. The man seemed so nice, and didn't snap at him for his curiosity or shoo him away. That was quite nice. He was obviously intrigued, and stuck around to ask one or two more questions before catching the time.

"Oh! Shoot!" He said, looking up at the clock, then back at Mo, "I have to go, I was supposed to meet with someone earlier, She's going to be worried if I don't get there soon."

With that, Alex offered a bit of a wave as he turned and hurried up to one of the research labs. The one he stopped in was the one dedicated to arcane studies. Anything involving magic passed through this lab, and the mages who worked here full time were brilliant. Masters. Of course, with that comes thinking that they know everything, and some level of smugness when nonmages enter.

Here is where Alex went to find Sanja. The brunette mage who was obsessed with a place called the dreamscape, the existence of which was denied by many of her mentors.

"Sanja?" Alex called, earning a dirty look from one or two of the mages who had already delved into their research for the morning. Alex moved over to where Sanja usually was, and smiled when he saw her. "I brought your coffee! Sorry I'm late."

Greyston:

Greyston listened to the racket going on downstairs- and Piper's excellent handle on the situation. Well, Greyston thought it was excellent, but then again Greyston's opinion was the one that mattered (If you ask him anyway). Once he'd finished sweeping the upstairs and interviewing a few of the police who'd gotten to the scene early he headed back downstairs.

"Ah, Azure, welcome. Nice to see you again, you're looking very winsome today." He said, as the other man made his presence known. Greyston looked the two that Piper had called Shapeshifters over too, they seemed harmless enough for now, but what he heard earlier could have been disruptive. He didn't like that they were there, and wasn't sure why the police let them in, but he'd get to that later.

"It certainly wasn't anyone else who lived here. Ariana here inherited the place a few weeks ago from her late grandfather. If I had to guess, I'd say he was the paranoid one. Interesting thing is that he died of a heart attack- officially speaking of course. I'd wonder if perhaps they were quick to associate age to health." Greyston mused aloud after having greeted Azure.

"So what you're saying is that there's a possibility that her Grandfather could've been killed by this entity too?" Luke thought for a moment, then turned to his laptop. "If he died in this house, then we need an autopsy on him." It was too late for an autopsy though, as her grandfather was long dead. Perhaps if they looked into some more spirit-tracky, they could find something?

@Hel

@Sleipnir

Seraphina started walking towards the break room, not waiting for Aidens reply. She entered the room and began making a pot of coffee. She grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry and opened them. She began eating and sat on the counter waiting for Aiden to follow her. She pulled out her phone and began reading her emails.

Remus 

Black cat I-ran-out-of-rhymes 

Well, this was a new feeling: being ignored to this level.  Remus was not used to not being the center of attention, and for a moment he was.  But then that man appeared, that admittedly strapping man who seemed to be called Azure.  Remus couldn't help be feel overshadowed by the man, not only that, but Azure also stole his thunder!  Remus was setting up to say exactly what he had said, although maybe not with the same potency as his delivery had.  Feeling slightly ignored and forgotten, Remus spoke to Galleytrot, the one person who could never ignore or forget Remus, much to his own dismay.  

"So if this hunk of a man Azure seems to know everything what are we here for?  If they don't need help then I say don't help em, you have a job to do and I have work to shirk, we are both busy people."

While all the investigation excitement was going on around him, Remus took it upon himself to take a seat next to the body laying in the middle of the floor.  He took a few glances in a few, odd, places before talking to it for a moment.  "Ya know, aside from the whole being dead thing, you got it pretty good.  Nice clothes, nice house, no kids."  He began making small talk with the body, expecting a response from the empty husk.  When no response came, Remus seemed almost disappointed.  Deciding the dead woman wasn't up for conversation, Remus took to laying down next to her and gazing up at the ceiling.  It looked as though he was lost in deep thought, a look most unlike Remus.

@Sleipnir

Aidan paused in the doorway for just a moment before heading to the coffee bar, throwing a quick glance at Seraphina. "Any interesting cases coming up?" He asked. He wasn't exactly interested in solving any for himself but he kept up with the cases — he preferred knowing what was going on. 

Piper frowned and shook her head, listening to the various explanations. "But if the souls is gone — that's what death is," she pointed out. "How can we find something that's leaving us nothing?"

Galleytrot listened briefly then went over to Remus again and kneeled down beside the other dog. "Look, Remus. I was trying to tell you this earlier before I was interrupted. They do need our help, they just don't know it yet. I said her soul is missing, yes? That's not unusual for us." He paused again and glanced up at the group as the agents contemplated the possibilities before continuing. "None of us took it. Something else did. I don't know what yet but that was why I was here. I wanted to know if they'd turn up anything I didn't know about and once we figure out what we're up against, we're going to have to help them tackle if, no doubt. Are you alright?" He added abruptly, frowning and looking at Remus again. 

"Get away from there!" Piper had turned again and snapped at the pair. "We aren't done with that body."

Alex:

Greyston:

"There's a difference between killing someone and taking their soul..............and killing someone by taking their soul." Luke spoke up. "When you die, your soul leaves your body. That's when it's taken to heaven or hell by death.......... If you kill someone by taking their soul, it leaves magic residue in their body. There's also physical and magical strain."

"You can't kill someone and take their soul. Grim won't allow it. If their soul was stolen, just check the body for physical strain and Black Magic residue."

Lea smiled back. "Thank you. I do not know from where he came from as I had my eyes closed until he killed the troll. But I do know in which direction he went" as she said that she pointed behind Mo, towards her left.

Meanwhile, Ark-D already exited the park and silenly followed a group of people to their hideout in the outskirts of DC after hearing them talk something about an attack. It made sure the men didn't realise it was following them. They were just a bunch of unintelligent criminals that got their hands on some fancy weapons and wanted to rob a bank. Most likely manipulated by someone else, to do their dirty work. Nonetheless, such a thing was of no importance to Ark-D.

Moments later, the criminals would scream in terror. The few who were left alive at least. Stretching, expanding, and deforming a few times. That's all it took to reduce the gang's members from 100 to 3 in a few seconds. The three remaining people had abilities far greater than the rest, and a lot more battle experience. Nonetheless, even the magically enhanced bullets from their guns couldn't harm Ark-D. They wanted to make one last attempt with a weapon that shot electric bolts. It's only downside was that it took some time to charge, and Ark-D wouldn't give them the time. Before they could attempt to use the weapon against it, the alien collapsed in a featureless mass that extended throughout the whole floor. Three enormous spikes came from the mass at great speed, and impaled each of the three indviduals through their chest, killing them in the process.

"Underwhelming, yet again" it said, as it exited the building in which the event had happened. "This structure...no longer has a purpose" reaching that conclusion, the alien altered its size, reaching 300 meters, it then extended its right arm and transformed the hand into a gigantic hammer. Afterwards it proceeded with smashing the building, reducing it to rubble in one hit. As soon as it finished its deed, Ark-D shrunk to a size of 5 cm, and entered the sewers.

@The Fantasy Incentive

"Thank you" was Azure's reply to both Luke and Corin's comments. He then proceeded with listening to the various expanations that everyone gave, and sighed as Remus started talking to the corpse. Black humor. Not really Azure's favourite. "Comedy gold, indeed" he said, calmly, but sarcastically nonetheless.

"Let me scan the area" he said. True he could sense various things through his extrasensorial perception, but he had to concentrate for that. He didn't need much concentration for one body, but this time he had to check an entire area. He closed his eyes for a minute, sharpening his supernatural senses. As he opened his eyes, he looked at Galleytrot, and remembered two particular parts of his explanation.

"That's not unusual for us."

"None of us took it."

After remembering those two lines and checking the auras of both Galleytrot and Remus while doing the area scan, Azure was at the very least sure of something. "You two...are creatures of the Underworld" was his conclusion. Mana started dancing around his body as he became really wary of the two Black Dogs.

@Sleipnir@Kylesar1@Rantos

@Hel

Seraphina glanced up at Aidan from her phone. "Nope. I haven't been assigned a case this week." She answered, putting away her phone. "What about you? I know you aren't really into solving cases that much, but has a case caught your eye yet?" She asked. The coffee pot went off, signaling that their coffee was done. She put her bag of chips down and got off the counter, walking towards the pot. She grabbed two cups, one for her and another for Aidan, and began pouring coffee into them.

Mo nodded respectfully,"Thank you for your time madam." He then turned and consulted with the agents. This scene was as bare as it could get in their line of work. The murderer has no facial features, no way of identification within the database, and the only thing they have on his possible current whereabouts is the direction in which he walked after committing the crime. Mo stared at the picture and began to stroke his chin in concentration. She said he was made out of some type of liquid metal. Paranormal? No, definitely not. Supernatural? Possible. Extraterrestrial.......very plausible.

As the realization hit him the scene began to reconstruct itself around them in a drawing like fashion, causing him to turn his head to watch the crime play out. The troll beating Lea with her trying to protect herself then the sudden strike from afar. The thrown knife theory is out, since a being made of liquid metal would have little use of it and it is unlikely it would carry a sword so perhaps it had an ability to shape-shift. The picture shifted to accommodate the possibilities and the most likely situation. It froze on the delivery of the final blow. Mo walked around the trolls body and stared at the mysterious being. With a wave of his hand the scene replayed with the being suddenly appearing out of anywhere. It could be from teleportation or perhaps.....

He paused again and studied the angle and direction in which the assailant needed to be in for the attack in correlation to Lea and the troll, the direction she saw him walk from, and the direction he left in. Once he figured out the general location in which he would have come from, the sketch image in his mind evaporated into nothingness, leaving him staring into space. He began to make his way to what could be the vessel in which the alien came from and maybe their only way to locate where he is going. While he moved he could hear the agents being called to some massacre on the outskirts of DC with similar circumstances. Mo promised to rendezvous when they called his cell, but he had a lead to chase.

@Azure Sky

Greyston nodded as Luke explained the differences between killing by taking ones soul and killing and then taking a soul. These were topics that, while interesting, he usually preferred to leave to others. Being a creature that was commonly considered to be undead made all of this talk of souls somewhat uncomfortable for no reason other than the complexity of such things. He also listened to Azure and mostly watched the other agents, lost in his own potential theories, though none of them seemed to match up. 

After a moment, when Azure called out the two strangers for their odd behaviour, Greyston turned to them. "Yes, creatures of the underworld. What exactly are the two of you, and why are you here." He demanded of them with an authority rarely heard in his voice. "If you have information that we don't have, then I would suggest you share it. I sincerely doubt you'll get any from this investigation, otherwise if at all.

@Azure Sky @Sleipnir @Kylesar1 @Rantos

Greyston nodded as Luke explained the differences between killing by taking ones soul and killing and then taking a soul. These were topics that, while interesting, he usually preferred to leave to others. Being a creature that was commonly considered to be undead made all of this talk of souls somewhat uncomfortable for no reason other than the complexity of such things. He also listened to Azure and mostly watched the other agents, lost in his own potential theories, though none of them seemed to match up. 

After a moment, when Azure called out the two strangers for their odd behaviour, Greyston turned to them. "Yes, creatures of the underworld. What exactly are the two of you, and why are you here." He demanded of them with an authority rarely heard in his voice. "If you have information that we don't have, then I would suggest you share it. I sincerely doubt you'll get any from this investigation, otherwise if at all.

@Azure Sky @Sleipnir @Kylesar1 @Rantos

"Underworld creatures?" Luke said. "Convenient that they're here when we're looking at the possibility of hellspawn causing the crime in the first place." He decided to leave them to confront the hellspawn. He wasn't a very confrontational person if others were around to take that load off. He was sure they had enough manpower here if they tried anything funny.

"I'll call the autopsy on the body for signs. If they're not authorized to be here, I highly suggest bringing them in."

Remus

Black Cat why everyone so mad?

Remus had done this once before, the whole detective schtick that is.  He wasn't a fan of it.  It required too much thinking and thinking meant Remus's eye brows were scrunched, which meant that Remus would gain wrinkles in time, and no one wanted those, especially Remus.  But this problem concerned Remus more then the future condition of his face.  Certain things Remus could let slide, certain rules could be flexed or broken, certain times did not demand Remus to take action.  This was not one of those times.

Remus bolted up from his laying position.  Once he was on both feet, the black cat gave his companion, Galleytrot, a few pats on the cheek.  It was rare for Gallytrot to ask Remus if he was okay as he hardly ever showed signs of discontent or discomfort or the like.  "I'm okay G-dog!  Just thinking is all.  I think I have a plan-"  It almost seemed as though Remus was going to continue, but something stopped him.  The man known as Azure addressed the two, claiming they were beings of the underworld.  That didn't take long at all for them to figure out.  Remus was about to congratulate the man, at least until a certain heaviness of malice began to weigh down on him.  Remus was no fool and he could tell when someone was ready to throw up arms.  The smile that Remus had been wearing began to falter, but not fade entirely.  There was something, absolutely obnoxious about a person who is so ready to fight a force they are unfamiliar with.  That agitation that caused showed slightly in Remus's furrowing brow.

Remus was just about done with this scene.  He knew what he needed to know and could tell when he was no longer welcomed.  He turned to Galleytrot, a small glint of resoluteness filled his eyes before he spoke.  "G-trot.  I have a plan, a highly experimental plan.  I would tell you what it is but..."  He trailed off for a moment, thinking carefully about his next words.  "It's so experimental that I could very well die."  Remus was one of the only people to hint at his own death while keeping a cheerful smile fully intact.  With that, Remus turned towards the rest, bowed his head and made his way to the front door.

"Alright!"  He spoke addressing everyone in the room.  "I have seen what I need to see.  My buddy G-trot can help y'all.  Now that the investigations over it's time to catch the bad guy!  Fun stuff truly."  Remus opened the door to the small apartment, taking one last glance before walking though.

"I will see you all again, unless... one of you wish to come with me.  It's going to be boring but I don't mind a little company."

@Hel @Azure Sky @Sleipnir @Kylesar1

Galleytrot's shoulders tended visibly as soon as Azure caught on. He wondered how to play this off — how could he keep these mortals from finding out what he and Remus were? Reapers? It could pass with the obvious assumption that a reaper should do a Black Dog's job. Or wraiths — wraiths weren't exactly unknown. He didn't respond before Luke, though, and he Turned to Remus and watched the other Dog for a few moments before responding. "Go on, Remus. I'll catch up to you." Then he turned to the agents. "Underworld, yes," he agreed, nodding to Azure. Then he looked at Luke. "But Hellspawn? Not quite. The underworld's a whole lot bigger and a whole lot more heavily populated than that, kid. Maybe I can explain all of it sometime. But Remus and I are wraiths."

Piper frowned and watched Remus, listening to the pair of them carefully before shaking her head. How could they be wraiths when—

Her own thought process stopped dead. Before she had been certain the pair could change shape — but now she didn't feel as if there was anything unusual about them at all. She knew that there was, naturally, but nothing intuitive told her so — not now. She looked at Greyston, perplexed, before turning her attention to the others again. "I don't want them taking off alone," she insisted. "I don't care which one of you goes but I want someone keeping an eye on them."

"Piper, Luke, the two of you can see if there's anything left to find here and continue the investigation- wherever it takes you. I'm not letting those two off so easily, they pranced all over my crime scene and now they are gallevanting off as though they are running this thing." Greyston said, looking at the two he addressed as he headed towards the door. His face was contorted with the slight irritation that tended to leave one eyebrow twitching occasionally. Who did they think they were? 

Then he addressed Azure, the man he had hoped would be better at controlling the pair than a vampire if the... wraiths got out of hand.

"Azure would you like to join us?" He asked as he followed Remus out the door. 

@Rantos

@Sleipnir @Kylesar1 @Azure Sky

Luke scoffed at Reamus. "Yea, you come from the underworld. In the physical world, anything that comes from the underworld that's not a demon or a reaper is classified as hellspawn. Hell may be big, but the umbrella term for hellspawn is bigger."

Luke was gonna continue, but Greyston spoke over, so Luke responded to that instead. "Can do," Luke said, as he stepped away

Checking the rooms and the security footage, he didn't find anything else worth noting. The magic residue was well known to be black magic. Either a black magic-user or some form of hellspawn or demon had been here. That was known

For Luke, the only thing to really take a look at was the tapestry. It was carted away though as evidence. He was practically done here

Mo nodded respectfully,"Thank you for your time madam." He then turned and consulted with the agents. This scene was as bare as it could get in their line of work. The murderer has no facial features, no way of identification within the database, and the only thing they have on his possible current whereabouts is the direction in which he walked after committing the crime. Mo stared at the picture and began to stroke his chin in concentration. She said he was made out of some type of liquid metal. Paranormal? No, definitely not. Supernatural? Possible. Extraterrestrial.......very plausible.

As the realization hit him the scene began to reconstruct itself around them in a drawing like fashion, causing him to turn his head to watch the crime play out. The troll beating Lea with her trying to protect herself then the sudden strike from afar. The thrown knife theory is out, since a being made of liquid metal would have little use of it and it is unlikely it would carry a sword so perhaps it had an ability to shape-shift. The picture shifted to accommodate the possibilities and the most likely situation. It froze on the delivery of the final blow. Mo walked around the trolls body and stared at the mysterious being. With a wave of his hand the scene replayed with the being suddenly appearing out of anywhere. It could be from teleportation or perhaps.....

He paused again and studied the angle and direction in which the assailant needed to be in for the attack in correlation to Lea and the troll, the direction she saw him walk from, and the direction he left in. Once he figured out the general location in which he would have come from, the sketch image in his mind evaporated into nothingness, leaving him staring into space. He began to make his way to what could be the vessel in which the alien came from and maybe their only way to locate where he is going. While he moved he could hear the agents being called to some massacre on the outskirts of DC with similar circumstances. Mo promised to rendezvous when they called his cell, but he had a lead to chase.

@Azure Sky

The currently invisible spaceship was on autopilot. Once it detected Mo, it generated a force field, courtesy of the defensive system activated by Ark-D beforehand. The barrier was not impenetrable, but bypassing it was no easy task.

Meanwhile, Ark-D was in a library, browsing through wikipedia, after its onslaught. Fascinating species, those humans were, but equally bizzare. "This thing about S&M is confusing. The S isn't necessarily stronger, smarter, or faster than the M, yet the M subdues. Is it a means of strenghtening one's body? Must investigate further" was what it thought as it finished reading a certain wikipedia article. Obviously other people looked at it a bit creeped out, and just walked away slowly. They didn't know what sort of creature Ark-D was, but for some reason, they didn't want to know.

For the moment it seemed to Azure that the two Underworld creatures weren't hostile. Nonetheless, he still didn't trust them. While he liked mysterious things, creatures, and people, he would definety not appreciate two figures who acted mysteriously after they barged in on a crime scene.

"Azure would you like to join us?"

Corin decided to follow the two Black Dogs, and asked Azure if he could tag along. Understandable. The arcane mage would also not leave his boss face a possibly dangerous situation alone, so his answer was obvious. "Yes, I will join you" he said, as he followed Gyreston.

@Rantos@Hel@Sleipnir

Allerio was at his place, practicing archery, hitting the bullsye on multiple targets at almost the same time. His magical bow was extraordinary. Subsonic magical arrows, intinite supply, incredible durability, extremely high efficiency. If it had one flaw, it would have been that the arrows, while disappearing 1 minute after hitting the target, still left residual magical energy for quite a while. But the high elf didn't particularly care. He didn't belive such an element would be crucial in determining who the masked vigilante was.

@Kylesar1

Mæja felt the cool waters seep down her back, before faltering back down the shoreline. Her body felt numb as the clouded light from above seeped through her closed eyelids. She could not recall the day or the time, but as she opened her eyes she trembled ever so slightly. Where was she? It was all a blur, the coastline around her foreign yet mundane. Sitting up, sand was caught along her hair, her shirt tattered and torn. She was suppose to be in her apartment. That she knew. She had a job, or was starting one. She had moved her in the past few weeks. Details were unclear, and her mind felt like mire. 

It took several minutes but she finally looked at the scene around her. First it was the bright red that faded to coppery brown, the blood that streamed down her side and legs. She examined herself, no cuts or scars presenting themselves. She felt for her talisman, but found it vacant at her collarbone, but rather is sat a few meters away along the sand and rock. Finally she rose and turned to a set of misty blue eyes. Eyes that stared in a dead gaze at her. Then she screamed. 

A twenty or thirty year old jogger had been running down the DC shoreline, to be exact it was along the Tidal Basin of the Potomac River. With headphones blaring Coldplay he was lucky, or misfortune, enough to spot the girl on the beach. Pausing he leaned back, falling behind a small cherry bloosm tree, before grabbing his cell phone from his pocket. Dialing 9-1-1 he was redirected to some agency, he could never recall the long set of initials. Speaking in a jittery tone he reported the scene. "I didn't see a weapon, but there is a girl, she is covered in...blood...there is a body. I don't know what to do, she didn't see me. But I think she might have...mur..." he couldn't finish his sentence before he hung up and ran in a sprint back from where he came, never looking back. 

(She was intended to show up for her first day of work today as an intern)

@Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back