World Building Dems and the Idea Dump

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
This is more a personal thread where I just toss my rp ideas into the general public so I can be told how awful they are in their rough draft state.

A lot of my ideas are either grimdark as hell or impossible to take seriously. Though I probably won't be the one to host these roleplays until the ones I am in currently die. Which I hope doesn't happen. But anyway AHEM.

1. Group RP. Fantasy, Casual/Detailed. No matter who you were in the real world, and from no matter what time period, you are dead. You carry into the afterlife only what you were buried with. Whether you cling to the legacy you established, or start over as someone new is entirely up to you. In the other world, there is no heaven or hell, it is merely a purgatory where souls go mad and threaten their domains with their increasing strength. Many people become Sellswords for the sake of having a purpose, as well as keeping themselves alive, for what happens to someone that dies twice...?
  2. Group RP. Sci-Fi. It is the end of Human Life on Earth. They have either moved on to other planets, suffocated on their own pollution, or destroyed each other in Nuclear War. All that is left behind are their machinations, their AI. Robots control the Earth, and attempt to maintain and clean it for their human companions, hoping they will one day return.
If I get inspired by more things I will probably post them here, so feel free to plagiarize these ideas for yourself.

Group RP. Sci-Fi. It is the end of Human Life on Earth. They have either moved on to other planets, suffocated on their own pollution, or destroyed each other in Nuclear War. All that is left behind are their machinations, their AI. Robots control the Earth, and attempt to maintain and clean it for their human companions, hoping they will one day return.
One word: Wall-E

Group RP. Fantasy, Casual/Detailed. No matter who you were in the real world, and from no matter what time period, you are dead. You carry into the afterlife only what you were buried with. Whether you cling to the legacy you established, or start over as someone new is entirely up to you. In the other world, there is no heaven or hell, it is merely a purgatory where souls go mad and threaten their domains with their increasing strength. Many people become Sellswords for the sake of having a purpose, as well as keeping themselves alive, for what happens to someone that dies twice...?
Hmm. Setting aside the fact that messing with the afterlife is generally not my cup of tea, this idea seems to lack any direction whatsoever. It's not a particularly bad idea, there are some pretty interesting potential things to explore like historical figures meeting one another fate style, the mystery of the second death and so on.... but everything seems like it's got nowhere to go. There isn't a defined innitial state much less a goal and no semblance of an endgame, perhaps due to the very nature of what it is. Overall, I think this idea is more beffitting a book in which a person can artificially craft a beggining and end, or in which there being none or things being meaningless can be used as artistic tricks to convey a message with depth, as opposed to being used in an RP where at best people are gonna go on this whole adventure only to reach the innevitable awkward "now what?" moment.

Oooh here another few.

• Group RP. Fantasy/Historical shindig. Takes place in 1908 or other wild west era. Weirdness happens, and as a result fantasy creatures begin appearing in the Western United States. Cowboys and other denizens of the Western deserts make first contact with civilized races such as Elves and Goblins, who, through observation and/or getting slaughtered, realize Human guns are nothing to scoff at.
  • Group RP. Fantasy/Horror. Did this before but I did it wrong. An abandoned city that sees no shortage of looters and graverobbers is home to a horde of vampires. The vampires themselves have something to fear in their city, something they sealed within the sewers...

Last edited:
Here, ill dump this,

After the endless rain started in 1989, and a paramilitary group developed high tech weaponry and technology which turned the world into something like Metal Gear Solid, major nations have started to create quarter-mile sized cities in the water so to escape the inevitable flooding, but now, fifteen years later, communications to other cities has stopped, food is running out, and the technology that once saved them has become worthless unless it's a weapon. One city by the name of (blank) has sent out a search party to find land.

Idfk, that's all i've got.

Fantasy/Group.

Set in a fictional land resuming Feudal Japan. Players can create their own Lord "House" of Samurai lead by Shogun or Daimyo. Or, they can create a Clan of Ninja.

The Ninja are like mercenaries; accepting pay from the noble houses to do their dirty work, like assassinations, kidnappings, blackmailing and so on. Ninja hide a secret from the Houses, that being Magic, which they call Ninpo.

On the outside, Ninpo is a set of pragmatic guerrilla tactics used by Ninja to make people believe they are superhuman. To the Ninja, however, they actually do learn how to use magic, and keep it a secret from the Samurai so they cannot become too powerful.

Figureditcouldsetupanicedramatictension

Fantasy/Group.

Set in a fictional land resuming Feudal Japan. Players can create their own Lord "House" of Samurai lead by Shogun or Daimyo. Or, they can create a Clan of Ninja.

The Ninja are like mercenaries; accepting pay from the noble houses to do their dirty work, like assassinations, kidnappings, blackmailing and so on. Ninja hide a secret from the Houses, that being Magic, which they call Ninpo.

On the outside, Ninpo is a set of pragmatic guerrilla tactics used by Ninja to make people believe they are superhuman. To the Ninja, however, they actually do learn how to use magic, and keep it a secret from the Samurai so they cannot become too powerful.

Figureditcouldsetupanicedramatictension
Wouldn't it be sort of unbalanced if one side get access to magic and the other doesn't?

Wouldn't it be sort of unbalanced if one side get access to magic and the other doesn't?
A separate idea I had was to have the Samurai also practice magic, simply calling it "Sorcery", with neither side knowing fully about each other knowing Magic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back