• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Demon Slayer: North America (Arc 1: The Eastern Pinkerton Estate) [Closing]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Hospital New Genetics:
Injury Ward

Samantha Waller
The New Genetics Hospital. It'd been a long time since she had been there last. The equipment was updated, the Research Wing was new, and the halls' fresh coat of painting had a likable, brilliant, modern, crystal-like shine. Honestly, the building was beautiful and the current director did a great job. Not only was it a bastion of scientific discovery, no, the bastion of scientific discovery, it was also a center for good. One of the only medical facilities where the doctors cared just as much as the nurses about their patients. The atmosphere was totally different here. It wasn't about whether you could afford the bill, it was about whether you could recover or not.

So whatever has happened with Hilda, I'm sure she will be in good hands.

Walking back from the dispensary to confirm whether or not the woman took the Hashira exam, the pharmacist said yes. So it was making sense that around that time, seemed to be the start of the ruckus on the grounds of the Eastern Estate. Now, if it was anything like her own, Hilda was probably in some kind of struggle with her complete opposite. When Samantha was taking her exam, she was tightly locked into a literal tango around her parents’ home with Samanthaganger: a copy devoid of everything she was. Samanthaganger was emotionless, focused, and steady, her moves lacking passion and flair, but technically sound. Truth be told, it was humbling to see that dispassionate way of living could lead to an even greater mastery of her craft. After all, Samantha had prided herself on her strength and faculty of emotion, yet here was a double, outclassing her with none of it at all.

...And maybe that's why Russel stood out to me and bothered me so. Hm.

The impetus for her interest in him or not, the fact was that during her exam, Samantha was in real life, expressing a wide range of emotions while being strapped down to the hospital bed. From crying uncontrollably to screaming aloud, it wouldn't be so far-fetched to say that over the course of her trial, Hilda had inadvertently called on wolves.

So once she realized it, what happened...she'd probably feel like crap. Especially after seeing the damage she caused.

And that was if she even passed the exam. Because for some people, failing the test was a blow all on its own. It was something you could only take once and never again. The Hashira didn't know what ingredients they put inside the pill you take, but not only could your body not handle a second dose, your mind could not also. Besides blurry vision and a splitting headache, the Hashira passed and woke up with something...else, so Samantha could only imagine the consequences of failing and not coming to terms with your other self. However, that talk with Hilda would come at a later date as Russel was the one she promised to mentor and his door was getting close.

After bringing him to the Injury Ward to get checked over, the nurse took him to a room to get a physical and make sure the battle from earlier didn't push his body too far. Overzealous demon slayers had a tendency to drive their bodies far beyond what they trained it to do and unintentionally caused problems. So as her Tsuguko, Samantha would make sure to be extra careful with Russel, taking time to guide him and ensuring he was doing things in the right way. After all, if it ever came to her death, he was whom the Demon Slayer Corps would be looking for to replace her next.

*Chi-kkup.*

And a door opened.

"Oh! Hey! You may now come in now, Ms. Waller. We ended up giving Russel fluids and told him to lie down, but honestly, he is in tip-top shape. I get the sentiment. You wanted to make sure he was alright, but really, there was no need to bring him here. It looks like you're going to be a real mother hen to him aren't you, Ms. Waller?"

Smiling, the Hashira replied, "Of course. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

Subtly shaking her head, the nurse walked away and Samantha quietly entered the room. Calmly looking him over, Samantha's excitement began to rise being reminded of the battle he gave her just earlier. Hell, Samantha was sure if she wanted to, she could probably activate her Emotions Breathing: Extreme Excitement again right now.

"I hope you're doing alright, Russel," she offered, leaning against the wall near the head of the room. Closing her eyes and the smile becoming faint, a peaceful look came over her face.

"You know...there are many things I can teach you, Russel. Things I'm going to. About Esoteric Arts, automatic reflexes, recovery breathing, and activating into the Zone, but there's something even greater I want you to experience. And that...is love. The strongest of human emotion."

Now opening her eyes, Samantha inquired of Russel, who that person cheering for him during the battle was.

"You know, I saw a native-looking woman cheering for you during our battle. Frankly, the only one supporting you near the beginning. Who is she to you? Did you know her? Because I don't think you looked in her direction once. I am a touchy-feely person Tsuguko, and there will be moments where I'm all over you- holding your hand and the like. That is to prepare you for being comfortable sharing your thoughts and feelings with other people. But love is something I cannot teach you. It's something you will have to discover on your own and I think that person in the crowd would be a good place to start."

Yet before she elaborated, a flurry of footsteps and shouting nurses ran past the room door. Listening out for any words, Samantha angled to the entrance, only catching snippets like "hurt", "bleeding", "unconscious", and "unsure". Pursing her lips, Samantha thought, then opted not to go out and explore as it seemed to be just more casualties of the wolves that went wild before. She had faith that those from Pertmore would quell the canines and Hilda would be out of the exam soon. She wouldn't step in to stop it, but only keep damage to a minimum if that didn't turn out to be the case. So brushing it off, Samantha turned her attention back to Russel, completely unaware of Didier's stern face, Roger's open eyes, and Colt's horse all converging to one point outside.

"Oh yeah! And you still didn't tell me! That style you were using before. What was it? What was its name? I'm dying to know!"

Castello Castello
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Hospital Room
Russel Gibbons
Interactions - Samantha
Mentions - Wayra White Masquerade White Masquerade

Russel's weary form collapsed onto the sterile hospital bed, a seemingly insignificant pawn in the grand game of life. Folding his arms behind his head, he sought solace against the harsh reality that had relentlessly pursued him. The cool, clinical pillow cradled him as he knelt, and the weight of the world bore down on him, each breath escaping like a sigh of surrender. He enjoyed the very brief peace offered to him after his examinations were done, quickly brutalized by Samantha's curt arrival.

The relentless drone of his new teacher's words filled the air, a ceaseless stream assaulting Russel's battered psyche. His body, once tense with anticipation, yielded to the unforgiving bed like butter melting under the heat of an unrelenting sun. But there was no respite, no sanctuary from the unasked questions that echoed in his mind.

"Native-looking girl? Love?" The words reverberated within him, resonating with a dissonance that left him bewildered. What did any of this have to do with the brutal art of demon slaying, the only purpose he had come to know?

Suppressing the seething anger threatening to surface, Russel bit his tongue, his hands clenching under the sheets, knuckles turning white. Love? A bitter taste lingered as he pondered the implications. Was this supposed to be some cruel reminder of the fragile connections he had lost, hidden from his desperate grasp?

A scoff escaped him, a feeble attempt to mask the turmoil that simmered beneath the surface. "Don't know who you are talking about, I've done my best to stick to myself," he retorted, but in that moment, his brother's face flickered in the recesses of his mind. The anger in his voice betrayed the facade of indifference he desperately clung to.

"Don't you dare make the assumption that I don't understand love!" The words erupted from him, a volcanic surge of emotion. His volume rose, breaking through the sterile ambiance of the hospital room. "That's why I'm here, that's why I keep eradicating these demons. They took something irreplaceable, and no matter how hard I try, the void remains."

A heavy sigh escaped him, a momentary lapse in his collected demeanor. "He, my brother is gone, and the only thing that will fill that hole is if I eradicate the demon responsible." Russel's gaze hardened, unyielding, as it fixed upon a point beyond Samantha. His resolve, unshakable, echoed in the room, drowning out the noise of the outside world.

"If you make me strong enough to do that, by all means, I'll follow your gospel. Hell, I'll do anything you say." His voice, once defiant, now carried an undertone of desperation, a plea for strength to mend the fractures in his soul. In that stark hospital room, the battle between anguish and determination played out in the theatrics of his words, laying bare the raw, emotional core of a demon slayer haunted by loss.

Russel abruptly rose to his feet, sheathing his rifle to the harness on his back and walking towards Samantha as if to leave the room. "To your last question, I've heard it called breath of the cosmos. It's hard to explain, but the way my mind sees it, it's a manipulation of mass; that's why my attacks seem to generate gravity." A moment reminiscent of Russel's day as a professor emerged. "It might be easier to view it as a reflection of the wrath outside our atmosphere, like meteorites and stars."

Russel opened the door, pausing as his hands felt the chilling steel knob. "I am not ready to explore love again, if that's a deal breaker than I suggest we part ways here. However, if you are willing to improve my demon slaying abilities, than I will continue as your Tsugoku."

The New Genetics Hospital:
Injury Ward

Kakushi
As a voice burst out from the door of the room, the Kakushi was tempted to make a run for it, but Hilda and to a greater extent, Boreas, signaled impending doom. Swallowing hard, they did not dare look at the person until Hilda dropped her weapon and came to. So with a quick glance, they noticed he looked strong.

Dear God! Hallelujah. We are saved!

Though as the slayer in front of them disorientedly ran her fingers through her hair, the Kakushi stood incredulously at the question she posed.

Really? What happened? You! You of course! That's what happened!

The new person entered the room and ended a nightmare the Kakushi felt dragged on for days. He just had to do one more thing to make sure things stayed cool.

"I can use some help and I can tell you exactly what's happening!" the Kakushi declared, dashing behind Tony and peeking out at Hilda from beyond his back. "There was no tornado, sir! But I will tell you the last thing she remembers!"

Glaring at Boreas, the Kakushi was emboldened by the presence of Tony, and promptly stuck their tongue out at the wolf.

"Why my partner and this nurse are down? She remembers howling like a CRAZY woman. Not once, but twice, and knocking them out! She almost got me too, but I trained to become a slayer before I was Kakushi. I held onto my mind by the skin of my teeth! She was strapped to the bed and then broke free! I wanted to move and get out of here, but her dog was watching me like a hawk. And then when she got out of bed, she came straight at us! I know she was taking the exam, but sheesh! Would it have killed her to be a little more careful!??"

Tch.

What was this anyway?? Why was he always assigned to watch over the nurse and applicant for the Hashira exams? He could count on one hand the number of people that actually passed. And to be honest, it was zero. He had heard from other supervisory Kakushi what it was like to see someone actually make it and it was never anything like this. Howling and cutting a guy in half!? Sure, they kicked around and screamed a lot, but it was pretty cut and dry. Make a mess, breathe, wake up, touch their heads, and complain of a-

"Headache."

Now watching Hilda for a few more moments closely, the Kakushi suddenly blurted, "You failed!"

Utterly stunned, the boy watched the liquid run from her nose, accompanied by the occasional cough. "You failed," he said right after, almost to himself. "I can't believe it."

Quiet, he continued staring at Hilda until something spurred him to recall a task he was given once she came out of stasis...or at least finished doing the exam. Reaching into his pocket and pulling out a sealed envelope, the Kakushi handed it to Tony, instead of risking trying to give it her himself. Granted the test was over, but he had his fair share of danger for today.

"I'm not scared, I just don't trust her," he whispered to the man as a string of nurses hurried past their door through the hallway. Raising a brow, the Kakushi wondered what that was about, questioning if Hilda's actions unexpectedly did something else. What a mess this was! And the day started off so well!

"By the way, thank you for coming," the Kakushi quivered to Tony, finally feeling the weight of what just happened, and eyeing the two companions he held.

"I want to make sure they get medical attention, but then it's probably best if you check on whether there is something else that Hilda triggered going on. I just have this shadowy feeling that the day is not over yet."

My Dearest Hilda,

I trust this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. As the ink touches this parchment, my heart swells with pride and joy, for I have received news that fills me with an overwhelming sense of cheer for the woman you have become. It has come to my attention that you have been recommended to join the ranks of the Hashira, a position that only the bravest and most skilled demon slayers attain. The one who put forth your recommendation was actually a man named Jason, whose connection I will explain in a moment. If you recall that incident many years ago where a disguising demon killed a group of innocent children, he is the brother of one of the victims.

In the aftermath of the tragic incident, Jason and I crossed paths again. Through numerous conversations that unfolded, I revealed to him the existence of demons. Most would have dismissed such tales as mere fantasy, but not Jason. The brutal demise of his brother told of a reality that could not be denied. Grateful for the truth, he extended his heartfelt thanks to me. Through time, a light friendship grew between us. I was elated upon learning of his decision to publically recognize you throughout our organization.

To me, it symbolizes a step forward in your journey to overcome the demons that have haunted our past, especially the one that took your mother away from us. I cannot express enough how proud I am of you, Hilda. This is not just a personal triumph; it is a contribution to the legacy of the Von Rowenburg family, staunch defenders of humanity. As I asked this letter to be given to you after exiting the exam, at this moment, you should now be the Wolf Hashira. You have made history, Hilda, and started a tradition I hope will endure through the ages.

Once you're able, I invite you to return to our residence in Lancaster. A celebration of epic proportions awaits complete with our maids, extended family from abroad, our den of loyal wolves, and even civilians who share the burden of knowledge about the existence of demons. Jason himself will be among the guests and he's eager to make your acquaintance. I understand the weight that demon-slaying has placed upon your shoulders, robbing you of a normal life. However, in the midst of our duties, at times we can pause and savor the moments of achievement, to "live life" for a change.

This celebration will be a respite, a chance to revel in your accomplishments and bask in the love and admiration of those who stand by your side. Furthermore, it will be an opportunity for Boreas' brothers and sisters to reunite with their wolf sibling. Your niece, who has followed in your footsteps and become a fine demon slayer herself, eagerly awaits your tales of travels, your journey, and your ascent to the esteemed status of Hashira.

In closing, my beloved daughter, I know I don't say it often, maybe I never have, but with your passing of the examination, I can say it now. I love you.

Dad

ZackStop ZackStop
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited:
The New Genetics Hopital

Didier Oyahe + Roger Pinkerton
Soaring over the entirety of Pinkerton Estate, Didier's mind raced with things he did not want to imagine. Things such as if Roger could...actually be dead. His brain stunned at the thought, he mulled over how that would even be possible. There was a demon he had been sensing the whole time he'd been here, but that was likely the Eastern King trapped under Purgatory's floor in chains. And in fact, she was there voluntarily. If there were any reason for her to kill Roger, she would have done it already. There were plenty of chances. It did not even match up with why she wanted to be here in the first place. And if there were another demon here...no. She would not have allowed it. So with that knowledge firmly in place, where did that leave him? With Bobby was lying? Though to what end? Just to mess with the organization? To mess with him? Bobby was just a junkie. What purpose would he have to lie about something so serious?

...aha!

Yet the answer was so obvious. To get more drugs! Kicked out of the Demon Slayer Corps, he must have been having trouble getting access to the strength-boosting pills. So here he was now lying and causing trouble to get someone here to give him hits. Which meant somebody at this compound was engaging in illicit activity.

After confirming nothing extra was going on and this indeed was the cause, he'd make sure Bobby was properly disciplined. They had only kicked him out and advised him to seek help for his addictive behavior, but it seemed that the punishment was way too light. For him to actually come back here and make up such a lie...it called for something else. He needed to be stripped of everything related to the Demon Slaying Corps from his blades to his clothes and possibly confined. Maybe even put under surveillance for a while. Just to make sure he stayed far away from any business related to them all. Though there was a history of slayers retiring from the organization and living in seclusion, for those officially expelled...it seemed there had to be another step. Bobby was proving that leaving a dismissed slayer unabated and free to roam, could turn out to have dangerous consequences for everyone down the line. And this was certainly a topic he'd bring up at the next meeting of the Hashira.

The New Genetics Hospital was now within sight as its brown spires and colored windows sprang into view. Didier's pace had noticeably slowed upon concluding Bobby was lying, and instead, he took the time to take in the state of the grounds. From what he saw while bounding through the air over rooftops and stables, was that there was an intense battle between wild wolves and slayers over the scape. Likely summoned by the soon-to-be Hashira, Hilda. He had remembered his own exam, strapped down to a bed and inadvertently breaking the floors and walls around him. It was a curious thing as he was only engaged with Didierganger in a vocal performance for his fellow villagers back home. While his voice was loud and strong, there were things his more..."meek" counterpart could do with patience and a soft touch. It almost made him jealous the way in which someone he thought would be wea, could present such beautiful and melodic tones. Enough to make the villages clap louder for his double than himself. A truly humbling experience, he understood that during the exam, the outside world could be affected in uncontrollable ways. And looking at the uproar these wolves caused, once Hilda exited hers, she would be feeling pretty bad upon learning what happened.

And as a Hashira, it'd be our duty to console her, explain how this was part of the process, and if she passed, officially welcome her to the ranks.

It was a hard path to becoming Hashira and you could not beat yourself up for the things that occurred along the way.

For the good you will do once in the position, would hopefully be enough penance to pay for the problems you might have caused getting there.

So now, because he was so deep in thought, Didier did not initially notice the scene playing out before him in front of the hospital. Turning his head to look at the boy with blonde hair off his horse, he did not think too much of the white nichirin weapons affixed to him. Slowly walking forward, he moved his head to see a crowd of nurses, some crying and some bent over a single body lying on the ground. Inchmeal, Didier's eyes narrowed and he began to walk more briskly, then trot toward the women, doubting it'd be who Bobby thought. Arriving and pushing past the nurses with more force than he'd intended, a gasp escaped his lips and eyes widened as he saw it was the head of the Pinkerton alliance: Roger.

But what...? How...?

Kneeling fast, down to the ground, Didier shoved a nurse to the side performing CPR on the body, instantly noting how warm yet motionless it was. Eyes shooting up to Roger's head, there was a hole in it. Fire from a shot that no ordinary person could have possibly survived. And Bobby did not carry guns.

"Is he alive?" He croaked, to the very same nurse he moments before, pushed out of the way.

"I-I've been trying to check his vitals for any signs of life...tried CPR to restart something...b-but no. Nothing so far."

"And who brought him here?"

The nurse motioned to Colt, and finally triggered a response in Didier. For him to partially rise and unsheath his Ngulu blade. However, something peculiar would happen before he had a full chance to get up. Roger suddenly received sentience, reaching out a hand to Didier as he coughed.

"Ro-Roger! YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"Heh...yeah...but I can feel the life leaving my body. This is it for me,"
the man said. "I won't be alive for too much longer," he rapsed, grabbing hard onto the arm of the man as he shuddered.

"But I do have one...last wish before I die."

And pointing to Colt, he continued.

"The one with the...blonde hair and white Nichirin...he's the one...who did it. Killed me. With my dying wish...I want the Demon Slayer Corps to carry out his execution."

"Sir...?"

But it was already too late. Roger's body went limp and his body lay motionless once more in the morbid scene. Didier closed his eyes and held Roger's fingers, silently thanking him for his service and turning the organization around in a time of crisis.

"You will be missed, my friend. And you will be honored. Properly. But for now. You," he murmured, now fully upright and turning to Colt.

"Will be eliminated."

Tears ran down his face and angry, it was taboo within the organization for Slayers to fight or even kill other slayers unless they'd become demons, but these were extenuating circumstances and even further, a personal affront. This was an order from their leader- no their friend, and Didier would make sure it was followed. Teeth clenched, breathing and assuming his first form, the nurses around the Hashira scattered upon understanding what was going on.

"Burn in hell, murderer."

And the next thing Colt knew, the world went dark.

"Will You Walk Into My Parlour?" Said The Spider To The Fly
Maraw D
"And now here you are, Marechi," said a woman sitting Indian-style in front of Colt, with her hands pushed against both of her knees. "I knew I would see you again."

Surrounded by total darkness, a spotlight shone down only on the pair; the sole two visible forms in an expanse of shadows. "Welcome to my Blood Demon Art. My Eastern Domain: Shadow Garden. I could expand it over the whole Eastern United States, but for now, I'll just keep it to this entire compound. Hm."

Resting her chin in a palm, the woman's golden eyes stayed glued to Colt. Almost as if peering into his very soul. "That was a beautiful performance, wasn't it?" She smirked for a moment before returning to her piercing demeanor.

"Heh...yeah...but I can feel the life leaving my body.

This is it for me. I won't be alive for too much longer.

But I do have one last wish before I die.

The one with the...blonde hair and white Nichirin...he's the one...who did it. With my dying wish...I want the Demon Slayer Corps to carry out his execution."

Word for word, she copied Roger, with a sly expression intimated in the way she sang. "Am I a genius?" Maraw D asked rhetorically, returning to her searching gaze.

"Shadow manipulation is a potent thing. I can even pull the strings of a dead body like a marionette." The demon became more animated, proud of her ploy and sniggering at it all. Yet this time, her face stayed that way.

"Marechi Blood. This is what's going to happen," she stated.

"One. I'm going to isolate you. You're going to be cut off from these Demon Slayers and thrown out into the world by yourself. Two. You will come to depend on me for everything. Knowledge. Power. Protection. Company. Food. I will be your sole provider. Three. I will make you the strongest, most accomplished demon slayer this side of the Earth. They will endlessely singof tales and your praises across these United States. Four. Once all the demons in this country are eradicated and I am the only one left, I will declare myself King of all. The one and only true King, hahaha! Five. And when that's over it, I will kill you and drink your blood as my reward. The life I will lead you through. The emotions I will make you experience...it will all come together and cultivate a taste in your blood no demon before me has drunk, or will ever drink again. A special flavor that only I will have experienced. Then and only then, will I be satisfied. Then and only then, will I allow myself to be killed."

With no hint of dissimulating in her tone of voice, Maraw D's eyes were on him the entire time.

"You will die, Marechi Blood. The question now is whether it will be when I'm ready, or right here? By your own kind? Which they seem to do a lot. I wonder. Who are the real demons?"

Who Do You Choose?
Lucem, Lucem. Here we go again. You have received this RP's third, "Second Breath." If you need a refresher, it's a point in the story, where a player is offered a decision between two different courses of life. Whatever is chosen, has the potential to drastically change their circumstance; for better or for worse. As you will see, this one triggers the end of the RP, so be careful and choose wisely.

people-walking-alone-vector-illustration-design-template_598213-1855.jpg

(1) Colt, Dead Man Walking

Maraw D, demonic neko and Eastern King of the United States has made you an offer regarding when you want your life to end. Sitting in a shadowy expanse covering the entire Eastern Estate called Shadow Garden, she is clearly a demon on another whole level. There's no question she will kill you at the end of her wild scheme, but you can always try your chances with the Demon Slaying Corps whose final order from Roger was your execution. It's your call.

Requirements:

• Tell off Maraw D and make it clear you refuse to be a part of her plans
  • Return to the hospital's normal surroundings and be killed by the demon slayers present and entering
The demon Maraw D is waiting for your answer. With her golden eyes and off-putting focus on your every move and twitch, she has no doubt you will agree to her plan. There are no terms for refusal as she has orchestrated your death by tricking the Demon Slayers into thinking you are an enemy. However, no matter how slight, there is still a chance you might make it out alive if you try to reason with your fellow brothers-in-arms right? Right..?

sealed.jpg

(2) Colt, Sealed Fate

Maraw D, demonic neko and Eastern King of the United States has made you an offer regarding when you want your life to end. Sitting in a shadowy expanse covering the entire Estate called Shadow Garden, she is clearly a demon on another whole level. There's no question she will kill you at the end of her wild scheme, but you can always try your chances with the Demon Slayer Corps whose final order from Roger was your execution. It's your call.

Requirements:

• Accept the terms and bow on one knee to Maraw D
  • Effortlessly make your way outside of the Eastern Estate as all within it are unable to see through the darkness besides you
The demon Maraw D is waiting for your answer. With her golden eyes and off-putting focus on your every move and twitch, she's aware that she's already won. There was no way with Marechi blood, she would just let you walk around and do as you pleased. With a plan already in mind, she's easily added you into her machinations, designating you as the reward for her efforts. Already pulling the wool over the eyes of the slayers once, she might be too formidable to refuse. At least with Maraw D, your chances of survival are significantly higher...at least for now.

"Eh. No, no, no. This will not do," she said shaking her head.

"Actually. On second thought," the woman added continuing to look at Colt.

"How about this? You either follow my plan or I kill everyone at this base? That should make things easier right?"

ACCO_Survivor_Pin_-_Copy_1024x1024.jpg

(1) Colt, Sole Survivor

Maraw D, demonic neko and Eastern King of the United States has made you an offer regarding when you want your life to end. Sitting in a shadowy expanse covering the entire Estate called Shadow Garden, she is clearly a demon on another whole level. There's no question she will kill you at the end of her wild scheme, but you can always try your chances with the Demon Slayer Corps whose final order from Roger was your execution. It's your call.

Requirements:

• Tell off Maraw D and make it clear you refuse to be a part of her plans
  • Return to the hospital's normal surroundings in chaos as Maraw D begins to slaughter everyone, everywhere at the camp
The demon Maraw D is waiting for your answer. With her golden eyes and off-putting focus on your every move and twitch, she is going to have you follow her plan whether you want to or not. Instead of leaving you at the mercy of the Demon Slayers present, she will just resort to killing them all...except you. There is nothing more to say. Maraw D is fixated on your blood and if you refuse, then the blood of hundreds of others will be taken in exchange for yours.

sealed.jpg

(2) Colt, Sealed Fate

Requirements:

• Accept the terms and bow on one knee to Maraw D
  • Effortlessly make your way outside of the Eastern Estate as all within it are unable to see through the darkness beside you
The demon Maraw D is waiting for your answer. With her golden eyes and off-putting focus on your every twitch and move, she's aware that she's already won. There was no way with Marechi blood, she would just let you walk around and do as you pleased. With a plan already in mind, she's easily added you into her machinations, designating you as the reward for her efforts. Already pulling the wool over the eyes of the slayers, she might be too formidable to refuse. At least with Maraw D, your chances of survival are significantly higher...at least for now.

Lucem Lucem
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
ZackStop ZackStop
IG42 IG42
Castello Castello
White Masquerade White Masquerade

The New Genetics Hospital
Colt Curtis
Rather than lament the latest bad hand that life had dealt him, Colt felt no sense of fear, shock, or grief. With his own emotions hardly being worth a thought, he instead chose to focus on those of the man in front of him. He looked into Didier's tear-stained eyes, taking in his grief and misguided righteous fury. More than anything else at that moment, Colt was concerned with the content of this man's character.

After just being thrown deep into a pit of insanity and conspiracy, he could find comfort in observing Didier's reaction to Roger's second death. There was truth in it, lacking a sense of deception or hidden agenda. It was human. That's what mattered at the end of the day.

As Didier took his stance and tightened his grip on his weapon, Colt did just the opposite. Still standing tall, he relaxed the hand that held his pistol. It fell to the floor with a thud, followed by the clicks and clacks of the bullets that slide out from its open chamber. The dust covered the brilliant white metal, trying to bury the pure color that reflected all. It lay there, surrounded by six uniform casings, as well as a seventh that set itself apart from the others with its distinct make.

As his breathing and perception of time slowed, he thought that this was probably the best he could do. They wouldn't believe him in this situation. The evidence was stacked against him and Didier was lashing out in response to the loss. That emotion seemed to be clouding his judgment, as it should've been more than clear that a murderer probably wouldn't bring a freshly made corpse to a hospital, especially one that doubled as a demon slayer base. But he trusted in something pure and honest, and once the dust and the rage had settled, maybe Didier would find the truth.

"Up to you now."

Those were his choice of last words as he closed his eyes and waited for something. Either a change of heart, or a quick end if he failed to react in time. It was a real shame if it turned out to be the latter. He never did share a last drink with his Pa.

He waited. And then he waited some more. But no matter how long he waited, the end wouldn't come. At least not for now. There was only darkness.

Hell ain't as hot as I imagined.

As soon as the thought crossed his mind, light cut through the darkness, falling upon him and the only other figure in this new world. Her voice was unfamiliar to him, but he recognized those eyes. He knew for a fact that he'd see her again, but this wasn't exactly how he pictured their reunion.

When he fully registered her presence and the beginning of her explanation, a sigh slipped from his lips. It was one of mild exasperation rather than resignation. "Always knew demons played dirty, but man..." Not like he wasn't used to getting the short end of the stick, though.

As she proceeded, he chuckled to himself a bit. Not one of pure, carefree mirth. It was wry, something just for himself as he tried to digest something this unpalatable. He'd be cut off from everyone else with only this demon as his company. She'd care and provide for him. He'd have no say in anything, everything going exactly how she wanted it to.

"Ma always said a strong woman would come for me one day, but this ain't how I imagined I'd get hitched." His voice came out with a soft breath, something else that was just for him. This was a tougher pill to swallow than those drugs they gave out.

Of course, all of this was because of the same damned thing as always. Marechi, Marechi, Marechi. The lot he dealt with were practically half-parrot, always talking about the same thing. It got old.

Had her ultimatum remained unchanged, Colt likely would've refused. He chose trying to talk things out with the risk of death over blindly giving in to some demon's will. But she could probably sense that.

When she altered the arrangement and used the lives of the others as bargaining chips, Colt let out another sigh and placed a hand on his hip. "Ya even hafta ask? 'Course I choose these folks over me." The response came quickly, no time taken for further consideration. If he had to choose who got the privilege of living, he chose the others.

He was never overly invested in this war. Despite the curse he was born with and everything else he'd been forced to endure, he never even developed a particularly strong hatred for demons. He simply wanted to do what the world didn't want for him by enjoying his life.

He always hoped he could do something about the poison in his veins. After that, he could go home and help his Pa run the business. Eventually, he'd surpass his old man and take things over, let the geezer retire and sit on his ass for once. Maybe he'd even find a nice gal and settle down. He'd get some great kids of his own without worrying about any bad blood and show 'em the ropes, passing down the family secrets. Then he could die old and satisfied, able to say he lived a good life.

But life wasn't a fairy tale.

The world wanted to beat into him that he wasn't welcome. He was a plague that brought death to others. He was bait for the predators and a bleeding wound that dragged down other prey. Him having a pulse just made trouble for folks. Now it had come to this.

Despite it all, Colt still wore a smile. While it had an edge of resignation and disappointment, it was no less genuine, revealing no regret or despair. He was sealing his own fate here, but he wouldn't be responsible for more deaths. If he could make up for the sin of being born by saving hundreds of lives that actually deserved to draw breath, that was enough. With that penance and the myriad of experiences already given to him over his terribly short years, he could say his life was one worth living.

"I gotta warn ya though, if it's my blood ya want as a treat when this is all over, it probably won't be what yer hopin' for." His blue eyes met her piercing yellow gaze, as if he was trying to look deep into her soul and give her the chance to look at his. There was no duplicity in his words. Like always, there was only truth. "You'll be disappointed." For a moment, his tone lost his usual cheer, morphing into something serious and foreboding.

"Ah, but before we set off, I got a few conditions I'd like ta put out myself. Or requests, more like." In a snap second, the underlying layer of playfulness was back as he kept his sights on the demon. "'Course, yer the one with the reins here, so I can't exactly make ya agree to 'em, but I figured it couldn't at least hurt ta try n' ask."

He held up three fingers, wiggling them a bit. "Don't worry, won't get up to five. Can't be too greedy in my position." As he listed off his requests, he brought each finger down.

"First, I'd appreciate it if ya could lemme send my girl Sugar here somewhere and make sure she gets there safe. Seein' as how ya have ta be my only company from now on, I'd at least like ta make sure she's in good hands." As much as he hated to see her go, Sugar would probably be safer if she went back home.

"As fer the second one, I'd like ta talk about the food situation. All this stuff about makin' me the world's strongest aside, I'm still just a cook at the end of the day. Would appreciate it if ya could at least lemme cook the meals. Don't wanna get rusty. And I figured it'd be an interestin' challenge ta try fixin' somethin' even a demon would like."

When the last finger came down and his hand closed into a fist, his tone became a tad more serious again. Not as severe as before, but there was a drop in his usual relaxed voice.

"Although I guess this one's more of a question than a request. Probably both. When we reach the end of this road, ya plan on just openin' me up all quick n' dirty? Or we goin' at it fer real? Seems like havin' one of those ol' fashion duels n' winnin' when you've made me the best is the only way ta really see if yer the true king and make it an actual reward. I think that'd be the most satisfyin' conclusion for everyone involved. 'Course that's just the opinion of someone with dirty blood."

With those requests and that final thought left lingering in the air between them, he just stood there and waited. He waited for her response, their departure, and everything in-between. He waited for the beginning of the end.

White Masquerade White Masquerade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back