• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Demon Slayer: Blood War (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Nothingness

Two Thousand Club
Note: Joining the server is NOT required. All important information will be shared between the OOC thread as well as the server so nothing will be left behind.

Hello everyone!
Gurokawa Gurokawa Dextra Dextra SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 Risotto Risotto Horror Horror Ploegy Ploegy Phayne Phayne
Here is the OOC, please feel free to chat amongst one another about anything you wish! Whether it be about the roleplay or just to have fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ping me at any time and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
The same goes for if you may have any requests that you might want to add into the roleplay at any point.

Firstly though, before you go off and start making your characters. Please make sure to read the rules carefully here. Thank you very much once again for your interest into this roleplay!

:: One Time Warning/Reminder ::

Morning/Afternoon/Evening folks!
I had stated that I was going to do this a little while back and just did not have time for it. As I do now, I will take advantage of the time I have.

This is meant as a reminder only once so that if it might be forgotten, to simply head here to The OOC Thread and re-read it on the first page, but I did specify in the rules that when posting I'd be grateful if you could at least put out a minimum of a single paragraph or two per post. This means if you are playing as multiple characters, each character should at least have a minimum of one to two paragraphs coming out to a total of two to four paragraphs per post. Of course, I understand if you have multiple characters and have not posted yet for them, then it is okay..however, once you start posting for them, the length required is in play.

I also stated that I understand writer's block is an real challenge and it is obviously exists. So, I do understand there will be times when trying to crank and force out a post requirement like that might be difficult. If that occurs, then I am completely okay with shortening your post a bit, however no matter how bad writer's block might be...I'm sure we are all amazing writers! (As I've seen through posts)...writing out a response of a single one to three lines will still not be acceptable.

As much as I do not want to say this, I just want to let y'all know that this is meant a one time warning 😔. While I will be hesitant to do so, if I absolutely must, I will kindly ask you to leave in a private message. Again, while I stated that this is a warning...PLEASE DO NOT PANIC. This is only because I have been informed by a few people that they had wished to join and were quite interested, however seeing shortened post lengths contradicting my own rules made them withdraw their interest.

This message will be posted on discord and OOC Thread .

Thank you for your understanding and I do hope your interest remains!

:: Rules ::
No god-modding or controlling another person's character without permission.
As this is based off an AU, there will be no canon characters brought into the roleplay. If for any reason you wish to bring them in, please inform me as the reason and we can work something out. Also reminder that this is modern time, so if there are any canon characters...they will not be of the same age.

This roleplay is meant to be partially focused onto a specific plot. However, the other half of the roleplay is mostly to be run by the players. If you ever wish to add story arcs into the roleplay, feel free to message in the OOC or directly to me about ideas we can add into the roleplay. This is meant to be fun!
Do not add lore into the roleplay that you are unsure whether or not it will be approved. If you would like to add addition plot to the story, please inform me prior to doing anything like that so that I may review and approve or edit your idea as needed.
DO NOT edit your character after it has been approved without letting me know about it.
Character Sheets that are approved will receive a 'Like' reaction. Character Sheets that are incomplete that do receive the reaction approval are allowed to post yet still must have Sheets done eventually to continue forward after some time.
If for whatever reason you do decide to drop out of the roleplay. Please edit your character sheet and replace your entire sheet with -deleted- to make sure that anyone else who joins is not confused whether you are still apart of the roleplay or not. Thank you.
While writer's block is understandable. At the very least a decent paragraph to two per post is much appreciated.
Everyone's life is busy and can be overwhelming. However, if possible, at least one post per week would be greatly appreciated. If for some reason you are unable to get a post in for a longer period of time, please inform me or anyone to relay the message to avoid removal from the roleplay.
Rules are subject to change at any point in time. Announcements will be made if changed.
Have Fun!

Last edited:
Just letting those know, because I will be working on the lore thread. The character sheet thread may not be up until a day or so.

maybe a mixture of both would be a good idea? having the existing ones from the manga/anime would provide a basis for new ones after all

maybe a mixture of both would be a good idea? having the existing ones from the manga/anime would provide a basis for new ones after all
I was thinking on doing that since with Flame-Breathing..the forms available that it states is 9...but only 6 were ever revealed.

However, there are some forms that state there are 11 and it does show all 11. So, that is kind of where it confuses me as to what we should do. I get the idea of the one that state it has 9 forms and only shows 6, which allows players to create their own creation of the other 3...but not too sure what to do if they already show all the current forms.

Heey, so I've got a question for ya peeps.
Do you prefer to work with your own possible creations of each of the different form strikes of the elemental breathings? Or do you want to use what is already available for use from a combination of the show/manga?

Gurokawa Gurokawa Dextra Dextra SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 Risotto Risotto Horror Horror Ploegy Ploegy Phayne Phayne
I feel like both is a good option, as some may prefer to fully have their own creativity and others use them from the show. I personally may use my own elemental breathing but I'm happy either way.

that is a tough one but maybe that is something people who want to use those breathing styles would have to accept or maybe only use the existing forms even if its said there are more that way for existing styles it wouldn't be a problem?

Heey, so I've got a question for ya peeps.
Do you prefer to work with your own possible creations of each of the different form strikes of the elemental breathings? Or do you want to use what is already available for use from a combination of the show/manga?
I think a combination of both these options could work.

After all, this roleplay takes place over a hundred years after the show so it'd make sense for the different forms to change a bit.

I think a combination of both these options could work.

After all, this roleplay takes place over a hundred years after the show so it'd make sense for the different forms to change a bit.
I like the idea of this the most tbh. Since if some want to stick to just what has been seen in the show then they could be the "traditionalist's" while the others those changing it could be seen as "modernizing" it. Allows for people to go both ways without any issues.

Thank you all for your opinions on the matter at hand!

Since it appears that ya peeps would like a mixture of both from what I'm getting..I will continue to write out each of the forms for each of the elemental styles and ya'll can decide from there when making your characters which forms you'll want to use and if you dont want to, then to make up your own.

Just a fair warning to everyone.
I may not allow Sun-breathing as an available use due to how powerful it is and the general fact that it is the very first breathing style. Followed by how rare it was in the show to the point it was practically unheard of, I dont see how it would've continued to be passed along.

Unless you can tell me how it was able to be passed on, then it will not be available.

The same goes for Moon-Breathing..while it is not the branching path of all the other breathings...some of the forms and what it is capable of...are just beyond nuts.

This same goes for my previous statement, unless any of ya'll can explain as to why we should put this as an available use...then for now, it will remain unavailable.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your patience. As I thought I would get all this done within the next day or so...I cranked and pushed myself and was luckily able to finish up the lore and character sheets thread all today.

The links are all above on the top of this thread to the lore and the character sheets pages.

Again, friendly reminder is to read the rules prior to starting.

Thank you again for all your patience and interest!

The same goes for Moon-Breathing..while it is not the branching path of all the other breathings...some of the forms and what it is capable of...are just beyond nuts.
To be fair, isn't that only because it's combined with the blood demon art of it's user?

But speaking if which, how (for a lack of better word) magical are we allowed to make our breathing styles?

Like, are we sticking to canon where, say, the flames and such summoned by flame breathing is only there for show?

Heeyy

To be fair, isn't that only because it's combined with the blood demon art of it's user?

But speaking if which, how (for a lack of better word) magical are we allowed to make our breathing styles?

Like, are we sticking to canon where, say, the flames and such summoned by flame breathing is only there for show?
Hm, yeee I believe so.

As for the magical stuff. Just to make it a little more interesting, I'll probably have it so that the magical aspect of the breathing forms are fully magical. Like if it summons a flaming dragon thing with the attack, it really does..summon a flaming dragon that attacks for the moment of that one attack kind of thing.

I do hope to get some more character sheets up to read through all at once then I'll prepare my own sheet as well.
Apologies for the delay, been working on mid terms recently.

I am like 90% done but it's now 2 am, so sleep first and I shall be posting mine when I wake.

Just a little small note to everyone who is has finished and is still working on their characters. I forgot to add a specific addition to the character sheet. It is nothing big. I only added "Rank" for all those that are Demon Slayers. The rank is just in general the Rank of which you are in the Demon Slayer Corp.

For those that have gotten up their character sheets. I will be doing the reviews today!
Apologies for the delay peeps!

Quick question, how does becoming a Demon work in this rp?

IIRC only Muzan could turn people into demons in the manga but I'm assuming that isn't the case here.

Quick question, how does becoming a Demon work in this rp?

IIRC only Muzan could turn people into demons in the manga but I'm assuming that isn't the case here.
I was expecting that sooner or later lmao.

As this is an AU and most if not all canon characters will not exist in the roleplay to avoid conflicting things in the story..Muzan does not exist. Instead, unlike Muzan being a Demon King. There will be a Demon God antagonist that will make an appearance later on and is the reason for demons in general. Similar to Canon though, although it was due to Muzan's blood...in this case...any Demon blood that is either willingly ingested into the body or if it due to large quantities injected will turn a person into a Demon. Difference will be that if it is a very small amount, it is possible to stop the transformation into a Demon through will. The more blood ingested or injected makes this much more difficult. Wisteria poison can help with fighting back against the transformation.

Just thinking about three new brwathing styles for my future Oc
-Crystal breathing( inspired by Final Fantasy magic)
-Tech breathing
-Cyber breathing( which involves digital data)
I do need suggestion for those.

Just a reminder to those that have their character sheets up. If I've reacted to your sheet, it means it has been approved.

I shall get up my own character sheet as soon as I am able to, still dealing with some personal issues at the moment. Apologies for delay once more.

Just thinking about three new brwathing styles for my future Oc
-Crystal breathing( inspired by Final Fantasy magic)
-Tech breathing
-Cyber breathing( which involves digital data)
I do need suggestion for those.
Ohhh, quite the interesting ideas for breathing types. Hm...I'd say Crystal Breathing gives you much more room to work with as Tech/Cyber could be a bit tricky.

I thought cyber and tech would originate from thunder breathing as electricity powers technology and abit digital data as well.
Thought of giving my Oc a gunblade ( kinda similar to what Squall from Final Fantasy VIII has) exept it will be more katana like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back