• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Death on the Doorstep: Naruto IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
The Tenka clan was in the midst of a celebration, a rare event in these troubled times, but possibly one of the most necessary of all. Were they to constantly dwell on the hardships and deaths that they suffered then they could not be shinobi, for the shinobi were those who endured, the ones who went on. And one of those things that made it possible was a celebration, a time to cut loose and relax. But always they were vigilant, even in times of supposed relaxation they were not lax. "It is good to have you back Irisa. I am comforted that you have reaffirmed your vows, after you left us and had your oaths severed I thought you would surely die in a fruitless goal. But now she has returned to us and the Clan is the stronger for it!" He pressed his sake cup against her lips and had her drain the semi pinkish liquid as she did the same to him. "There! Now that we are once more tied through blood we can take comfort. She will never leave us again!" And he was certain of that last part. The ritual these two performed and that was completed through this last sharing of blood would ensure that Irisa would die if she ever betrayed the Clan again. Fubu did not like to do this, and he did not enjoy lying to Irisa, but he was leader of the Clan and the girl had left them once before, and so he took no chances, ensuring that should Irisa ever break her vows of loyalty that the Shinobi would die a painful death. "Now, we celebrate!" Moomba Moomba

"Indeed, Fubu. I'm glad to be back among my family. And having the best of Clan Tenka fighting at my side doesn't hurt." Irisa grabbed a bottle of sake and refilled her glass. "I don't intend to leave, either. I'd rather not die." She gave him a knowing wink. If she did leave again, Irisa suspected Fubu had something in store for her. What exactly that was, though, remained a mystery.
She drained the small cup, stared at the bottom for a second, then set it down. "I think that's enough sake for now. I usually don't drink, even at formal occasions." Irisa mused "It's a samurai thing, mostly, but a keeping a clear head has saved my life more than once. Anyway I see some people I'd like to talk to. We can speak more later, if you wish." Irisa stepped away from Fubu, wandering off towards Koshiro, who she vaguely recognized.
"Hello Koshiro. It's good to see you after so long." Irisa paused for a second, then sighed. "Well, this is quite awkward. I suppose that comes with abandoning the clan." She gave Koshiro a slight smile.
Naburius Naburius

Last edited:
Tenka Haruki

When it came to celebrations, Haruki wasn't one to fault the others for wanting to have a good time, but he believed in diligence and not a collective down time. As he moved about the festival and watched the other members of the clan in their merrymaking, he could only notice how some people had dropped their guard. In these troubled times it was the most unwise decision a shinobi could make. But if nothing else he was loyal and obedient. If the clan leader wanted to celebrate then it was not his place to rain on the parade of his kin.

"Welcome back, Irisa-san." Haruki chimed subtlety in brief passing. She was a defector and if any ninja would whole heartedly trust her after her return, they were not worthy of the title of shinobi. Sure the samurai preached peace and wanted to avoid the ninja world's unending conflicts, but would that keep them from employing spies to manipulate the ninja clans for the sake of peace?

As he neared his older brother, Haruki wore a somewhat less warm and inviting expression than the one he was publicly known for. "Brother I must admit I am a bit confused." He whispered just as softly as the sound of his kimono dragging across the grass. "A long absent Tenka returns and is greeted with open arms. A festival his held that might make our position known to our enemies and lower the defenses of our shinobi. Was this the best decision?" His gentle yet curious gaze swept across the party to land upon his brother's countenance. He of course was worried about the safety of his peers, they were his life and his purpose. His role as a medic and sensory ninja for the clan made him a bit more protective over the shinobi as individuals rather than the clan as a whole. He knew everyone by name and had tended to their wounds with his own hands, time, and effort.

MrThe MrThe Moomba Moomba

Fubu first sensed, and then noticed the graceful and flowing presence of his youngest brother approaching him. He was honestly kind of surprised at the lack of awareness his brother (supposedly one of the finest sensory ninja in the clan) showed when he complained about the lack of diligence that Fubu displayed. Knowing that this came from an overcautious nature and not a desire to question his authority Fubu decided to be gentle with his favorite sibling, though he couldn't quite suppress a small chuckle first. He spoke quietly, not exactly a whisper but not loud. "Oh Haruki, dearest Haruki-kun, my most beloved younger brother, I am somewhat disappointed at your lack of diligence. For one of the finest sensory ninja in the clan, it appears that you only saw what was closest around you. Were you not aware that not everyone was here? Some are on missions far away, and some are on guard duty. As for our location, would I ever choose to camp at a place that was easily found by our enemies or fail to take precautions? Anyone who could determine the location of our campsite from this alone, I would applaud for their skill." He embraced his brother, both because he loved him, and so that his next words would be heard by only him. "As for the returned one, she is strong, she is family, and she is doomed to die should she ever betray the clan again. Did you think that the oaths of the clan were mere words? The rituals and secrets of the clan carry real power." And with that he was done explaining his actions. LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Koshiro cradled a cup full of sake that he'd yet to take a sip from. It wasn't that he abstained from drinking. He'd drank fouler things than a little alcohol before, but his nerves kept him from properly letting loose and drinking so that his guard might fall. These types of gatherings just weren't for him, too many people in one place and an expectation to make merry with each of them. Especially considering they were family. Upon Irisa's appearance behind him he flinched slightly before giving her a warm, if uncomfortable smile. It wasn't that he was unhappy to see her, quite the opposite in fact as he wasn't exactly the most uptight of ninja and welcomed back an ally he thought he'd long lost. He was merely too in his own head and caught off guard at her approaching him of all people given she was the guest of honor. "Agreed, it's been far too long really. I would've lost money were I a gambling man, I was almost certain that was the last I'd see of you. It is a rather welcome surprise to run into you again though, even if these types of celebrations aren't exactly my taste. We've missed you Irisa." At that last remark Hoshiro's smile lost it's tenseness and grew warmer.

Moomba Moomba

Last edited:
Tenka Haruki

With an open mind, Haruki listened to his brother, trying to see things from the older man's perspective so as to be more understanding. He was given little comfort by his sibling's explanation or the plans that he laid out, but rather than protest further he simply returned the hug. "I should have known you saw the bigger picture, brother." While there were flags to be raised, Haruki was not the type of person to raise them. He could tell his brother was content with the way things were and that was all that mattered.

"Well do you think she will fit in? Irisia-san. She has been gone for some time and both her and the clan are different from when she left all those years ago. Then there is also the question of what exactly she has to offer, aside from being just a random blade on the battlefield." Haruki stepped away from Fubu and swept his kimono behind him as he moved to shatter the illusion that the two were whispering to one another. His memories of Irisa were brief and while he didn't remember her being a particularly awful child, plenty of time had passed to change that. "I wonder what jutsu she has learned. I wondered if she has learned any?" A truly puzzled look then formed on Haruki's face and a small smile accompanied it. What was a ninja-samurai truly capable of he wondered.

MrThe MrThe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back