Other dear white people

Why not grunt work? Construction, groundskeeping, etc. The idea of a criminal in my home, messing with my undies and hovering over my shoulder for my every need is kind of unsettling.

Hmmm...

I got an idea... Let them work the jobs of the citizens... But the money they earn will go to their owner instead of to them.

Problem solved. lol

Um...guys. Prisoners are basically slaves already. What you're suggesting has been in place since the sorta early days of America.

Like this is already happening in America, and its part of the reason why our prisons are so inflated with criminals. Because more criminals equals more people you barely have to pay to do labor which equals more money for people who already have tons of it.

The prison system has always been abused. What you're describing is literally the 13th amendment; "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Last edited:
I just find it hilarious that people are acting like they'd want an actual debate when really it'd be people throwing around buzzwords like "SJW" "tumblerinas" "facist assholes" and other things of the sort. I mean, it's already happening so. All those words and more are so overused that I just roll my eyes every time I read them because I can already tell where the conversation is heading. People really enjoy performative outrage.
C'mon. You know people can't have rational discussions regarding anything that is even slightly politically charged.
Lordy, man. This actually hurt my self esteem. You're too good.

Wait, you can discuss race without calling someone an SJW. When was this allowed
I enjoy your comments, Dullahan. P:
I'm guessing some people are just entirely unfamiliar with the TV show/film.
I mean I've never even actually seen it, but I know some references to it.

Helloooookay.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Why pretend you can add anything of value to this thread when you can make corny jokes
acceptance is the key, Mr. Anderson.

Generic comment

Racism is not limited to oppression. What of the white farmers oppressed in Zimbabwe under Mugabe?

Historically YES racism has been primarily whites oppressing other races, however despite their oppression it was not always meant to be a completely one sided deal. Take for example Rhodesia, the state which preceded Zimbabwe. Perhaps native Africans did not have the same rights they have now in Zimbabwe, but civilization functioned much better, and similar to South Africa, India, etc, where indigenous peoples protested for their rights through peace, they would have eventually become a truly democratic place.

Racists are simply individuals who hate another individual based upon their race, regardless of their own race. There can be whites who hate whites, blacks who hate whites, whites who hate blacks, etc, it is not about a power struggle, at least not entirely. Go into a ghetto in LA or Detroit and tell me that African Americans love white people. They don't and to some extent they are racists, the same way that an old white couple would be worried if suddenly young african kids started runnin up on their golf courses.

Is racism an issue across the world? Yes. Is there a good solution? No.

That's the thing though, individuals don't want there to be a solution. Politics milk race for votes, be it Conservative Rhinos looking to protect white America, or liberals preaching tolerance to attract diverse, young audiences. It's all a sham, really.

The topic of race does not boil down to black or white, but poor or rich. I'm not a communist, but the more prosperous an individual is, typically the better learned, and more tolerable they are.

Now I'm ranting, but I'd be fine elaborating more on these points if there is actual interest.

[insert triggered gif]

Um...guys. Prisoners are basically slaves already. What you're suggesting has been in place since the sorta early days of America.

You haven't seen the inside of a suburban American prison, then. Those places are like five star hotels, no wonder people are in such a hurry to get back in when they get out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back