• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Deadman Wonderland, Anyone?

Sociopathic Clown

The world is no longer safe from my twisted mind
Ever since I've watched the anime Deadman Wonderland, I've kinda been itching to roleplay it. If you don't know what the anime is, then I can just sum up the plot to you in the way I'd like to do it with our own Original Characters and we'll go from there.

Deadman Wonderland Plot

Deadman Wonderland is [south Korea] only privately operated prison, built after the Great Earthquake that ravished some of it's land. Deadman Wonderland was founded by ? and run by ?. It gathers prisoners from all over the country and raises money for the revival of the destroyed metropolis. To the public and the tourists that visit daily, Deadman Wonderland is a massive theme park-like facility run by the prison population. Unbeknownst to the general population, most of the prison's attractions involve cruel games of survival where many inmates lose their lives or are maimed for the entertainment of an oblivious public. The prison's guard staff is also granted autonomy over how to punish the prisoners, which often results in bloodshed.

"Deadman" are a segregated group of prisoners possessing the Branches of Sin which makes them capable of controlling their blood. These Deadman are forced to participate in brutal gladiatorial near-death matches known as Carnival Corpse, whose anonymous spectators pay large amounts of money to watch. The viewers of the Carnival Corpse also place their bets on who would win. Deadmen who are defeated yet survive the game have a part of their anatomy surgically removed for scientific research. In a cruel twist, the loser spins a bird-shaped macabre slot machine to determine which part of their body will be removed. The winner is awarded a large amount of Cast Points, life-saving candies, and other prizes.

Each prisoner is fitted with a collar that functions as a life monitor, locator and stunner. The prisoners on death row receive poison injections through the collar and must consume a special antidote candy every three days. Their collars contain countdown timers that warn the wearer with blinking and beeping when time is running low. When the timer reaches zero, the collar displays the word "DEAD" and kills the inmate. Afterwards, the word "UNLOCK" enables the collar to be removed. The collars can also be removed by card keys used by the prison guards.

While the threat of violence is constant at the prison, most prisoners enjoy a great deal of liberty inside Deadman Wonderland. Utilizing Cast Points, the prison's unique form of currency, prisoners can purchase a wide variety of items from ordinary lunches, to luxurious furniture for their rooms, and even years off of their sentences (though Cast Points can't be used to the freedom of a "deadman"). Those on death row also use Cast Points to purchase their life-saving candies.

Despite its identity as a prison and theme park, Deadman Wonderland houses a much darker secret. Hidden away from the eyes of tourists and the general prison population is a massive underground facility known as "G Block". This is where the prison keeps their Deadmen secluded and where the Carnival Corpse arena is located. G Block also houses numerous laboratories and rooms where experiments on humans are performed and where scientists are attempting to harness the powers of the Deadmen for monetary and political gain.

The above information has been taken from the Deadman Wonderland wikipedia. I've only changed a few things from the above but the majority is from the official Deadman Wonderland wikipedia page.

So comment below if your interested!

Before we start I have to ask a tiny little question. What will the literacy be in this rp? Like, limit on how long the post are. I am new to this site but I write Ling post, the least amonth of sentences I write are somewhere between 8-15, I just want to know and stuff X3

Since this is a type of fandom, I can't join yet but this definitely makes me want to watch it!

bird[/URL]-shaped macabre slot machine to determine which part of their body will be removed. The winner is awarded a large amount of Cast Points, life-saving candies, and other prizes.

Each prisoner is fitted with a collar that functions as a life monitor, locator and stunner. The prisoners on death row receive poison injections through the collar and must consume a special antidote candy every three days. Their collars contain countdown timers that warn the wearer with blinking and beeping when time is running low. When the timer reaches zero, the collar displays the word "DEAD" and kills the inmate. Afterwards, the word "UNLOCK" enables the collar to be removed. The collars can also be removed by card keys used by the prison guards.

While the threat of violence is constant at the prison, most prisoners enjoy a great deal of liberty inside Deadman Wonderland. Utilizing Cast Points, the prison's unique form of currency, prisoners can purchase a wide variety of items from ordinary lunches, to luxurious furniture for their rooms, and even years off of their sentences (though Cast Points can't be used to the freedom of a "deadman"). Those on death row also use Cast Points to purchase their life-saving candies.

Despite its identity as a prison and theme park, Deadman Wonderland houses a much darker secret. Hidden away from the eyes of tourists and the general prison population is a massive underground facility known as "G Block". This is where the prison keeps their Deadmen secluded and where the Carnival Corpse arena is located. G Block also houses numerous laboratories and rooms where experiments on humans are performed and where scientists are attempting to harness the powers of the Deadmen for monetary and political gain.

The above information has been taken from the Deadman Wonderland wikipedia. I've only changed a few things from the above but the majority is from the official Deadman Wonderland wikipedia page.

So comment below if your interested!

Alright. If only one other person joins, I might make it so people can double up and do two characters.

Is there still interest for this? I'm new to roleplaying, but I have written stories as a hobby and would like to try this.

One question, is the doctor who is in charge of the Penalty Game available to role play as?

Musician said:
@BurningtheSky, this thread is from November of 2014. I suggest looking at more recent threads to find roleplays to join. :)
That is a problem I frequently have, since I got into Deadman Wonderland only recently. I've missed out on a lot of chances to try roleplaying that series. Oh well.

TheWretchedEgg said:
@Thesquaidsy It isn't the one that was posted here above but I happened to notice that the friend above was still looking/interested. Mine is different but you can check it out! Message me if you are interested friend!
I am still interested! Thank you for notifying me. Should I just enter my character in the Character Sign-Up thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back