• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DBZ-Piracy on the Sea of Stars

Checked on that with the DM, and the guy had better attribute scores than AC3 did in every stat but toughness and strength and was tied for one of those, so I'd personally count it.

He was supposed to take two full turns to absorb and to get a grapple test to resist the second turn (technically he gets it both turns, but grappling is a full action, so the shockwave test failure prevented him from taking advantage of his first chance to break free.

You would, or the DM would? Because we are talking about you permanently upgrading your tier and getting a bonus dice in (which wouldn't increase the cost or count to the cap of) what ever attribute he has highest here.

The DM would. I foresaw brokenness being a concern, and Discussed all this beforehand and even worked out a way to make it not be horribly broken with them. My character won't gain any xp if it doesn't successfully manage to absorb someone (contrary to appearances, the guy should've gotten two full turns in which to oppose the absorption and success on either roll would've led to him escaping with only a point of fatigue per round for his troubles. Meanwhile, I'd be down to a single remaining fate point for the rest of the session, however long that lasted, and if I wanted to get xp, I'd have to spend it on another absorption test on a foe of significant strength (assuming one showed up this session).

If I failed both attempts...well, too bad for me. No increase in anything for AC3 between this session and the next.

And meanwhile next session if successful, I'll have to find a tier 2+ enemy to attempt to absorb if my character wishes to improve.

For that matter, any damage taken during those 2 turns would also end the transformation. And, the enemy in question would've been rolling a minimum of as many dice as AC3, more if he had any ranks in acrobatics.

Plus I was wrong. Grappling is only a standard action, so he'd have gotten both turns' worth of rolls.

Look, if you want, I can alter my actions to have just done a stab-and-drink maneuver. The net result of that would be it'd gain 2 hp. That way we can keep the game rolling while we discuss the relative balance issues and hopefully work our way to some sort of compromise people are satisfied with. Thoughts, y'all?

Also: did some abilities and suchlike. Tried to recreate common ones from the show. Aand I had a couple of transformation ideas for Merrick of you'd be interested.

Standard shockwave:

Blast

0 damage amp (1xp base)

Burst value 1: (x1)

Charge 0: (x 1.25)

Size - standard: (x 1)

Ki use 1: (x 5)

Shockwave: (x.5)

Cost: 3.125

Zone-Clearing Shockwave:

Blast

0 d. Amp.

BV1

Charge 0: (x 1.25)

Ki use 1: (x 5)

AOE 100: (x 5)

Shockwave: (x .5)

Cost: 15.625

Then there are variants on those:

The Merrick-style "halt and catch fire" versions come in at 1.25 times the cost (just add burning).

AC3-style costs an extra 1.5 times for freezing.

Anyway, that transformation idea:

Tier 1 transformation:

Ki Cost: 0

Additional Bonuses: see description

Additional Penalties: 1 turn to transform, 1 fatigue/turn inflicted on exit. Characters with Demonic racial trait only.

Description: drawing upon their innate connection to the demon realm, the character becomes wreathed in the literal fires of Hell. While so empowered, they find it much easier to vent it's burning torment upon others. While under the effects of this transformation, all attacks which do not have the Burning trait gain it for free as the fires of Hell spread through the demon's Ki. this also includes standard martial arts attacks, which further gain the Demonic trait for the duration Attacks which have the Burning trait instead cost 1 less Ki to use and require 1 less round to charge. This can reduce the cost of an attack to 0. Attacks with a charge time of zero already instead gain a level of the quickshot trait. Further, the superiority of hellfire over all flames of mortal origins is such that while wreathed in the fires of hell, the user is immune to damage from the Burning trait unless the attack inflicting it also has the Demonic trait. Because manifesting the fires of hell in the mortal realm requires a great effort of body and will, the user gains fatigue upon exit.

I'm going to laugh if he still hits me despite getting no successes. Given the wording of the rules, it's still possible to achieve your aim despite getting no successes on an opposed roll: your opponent simply has to fail worse than you did.

And if AC3 hadn't just gone up a tier, the Lagosian would've hit him. xD

Assuming tie goes to defender?

Jobs are great. Congrats on that, @SephirothSage

Also, it was my intention to make the Commander something of a punk. A punk with higher than starting stats, but a punk nonetheless. However, considering that AC-3 is basically in his larval stage, something that Cell had passed by on his way to his initial fight with Kami-Piccolo-Nale, so his evolution, even if merely adding additional dice, then I think it's alright, even if it doesn't increase his tier.

My sincerest apologies. I was intending to respond later, but Mother Nature kicked my fanny, and I lost power till yesterday, thanks to a larger than average wind storm messing up my area.

Truth be told, it seems to be, thanks to Super and various other sources, that all species have similar "Awakening to ultimate power" transformations that the Super Saiyan is. The name is supposed to be a rabbit pun, and also a glimmer of hope when there are nothing but insanely strong aliens coming to destroy their home. If the name is the offending bit, then I can amend it, although I think that silly names are part and parcel of the whole Dragon Ball thing. However, if this is a deal-breaker, then I hope you have a good one, then @SephirothSage .

I'm not actually sure where so far in Super you're drawing that from (of the first 8 episodes I've seen). Much though I'd love it if Krillin actually became a plot-relevant character again, I don't see humanity ending up anything but totally outclassed in the series.

I'm drawing it from the fact that that the one alien caveman could transform into a form not unlike the SS in terms of its gigantic powerup and golden aura. That and Frieza actually training attained something similar suggested to me that all species have something deep within them that lets them tap into tremendous power.

Like I said before, though, if it's a point of contention, I'll drop it. It was merely meant as a setting detail, nothing more, which is why the Prince basically just brushes it off.

Also, I think Krillin still is plot-relevant. He has the most brutally lethal attack of all. It's just that the Destructo Disk never hits anyone.

---

Oh no, I'm not actually quitting.

I assure you, I am not quiting the game over a silly name.

I was making a joke. Merrick's reaction is likely to be violent, though.

Edit: And Krillin just needs to step his game up and keep training. The thing is, he and the other humans have all sorta given up on being relevant by now..

SephirothSage said:
---
Oh no, I'm not actually quitting.

I assure you, I am not quiting the game over a silly name.

I was making a joke. Merrick's reaction is likely to be violent, though.

Edit: And Krillin just needs to step his game up and keep training. The thing is, he and the other humans have all sorta given up on being relevant by now..
Ya, sorry, I don't believe that. If you believe that, just watch Tien kicking Cell into a hole on a loop.

Eh. Krillin didn't really give up until after the Cell Saga. But he still roughly plateau'd as of the Freeza Saga. Don't get me wrong, he's still (or was at that point) the single most skilled fighter in the series, but he never really got much further in terms of raw power.

EDIT: In hindsight, I might've exaggerated there. He did develop the ability to launch multiple destructo disks in quick succession after that, so presumably he did keep up some practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back