• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Days of Yore (LOGAN Inspired RP)

Borkus Lazorus

DAYS OF YORE

" Coming next week on your nearest cinema, The Onyx Angle: Verse 4! Analysts dub it one of the highest performing comic book movies all time, taking in over 145 million at the box office! Time will only tell when the drop-off will be but Bill? What are your thoughts on the 95th official film in the cinematic universe that Caliper Creations have given us!"

" Well, Allen, I hate to say this but it seems like they're never ever gonna stop! We thought the superhero craze would be over by 2010 when Smorgasbord officially retired from vigilantism but man, oh, man, it just doesn't seem to stop!"

" There's an estimated 24 superhero movies coming out this summer, Bill. Back in my day, there only used to be at least one movie per year! Now, there's one every month! Kind of keeps on getting more tiring now that you think about it!"

" Well, Allen, if the crowd keeps wanting and the movies keep pleasing, what reason is there to stop them?"

" Well, maybe, we're disrespecting the capes, you know what I'm say-"

" Allen, it's 2021. There have been no sightings of super-powered vigilantes or law-breakers since the government clamped down on them in '08! Why are we still talking about superheroes outside of comic book movies?"

Abandoned-gas-station-in-Desert-Center-California-Ghost-Town-02.jpg

Premise
You are a former superhero or supervillian who was once prominent during the Golden Age. You have now retired and assumed the role of a civilian identity, working away as a cog in society while your powers slowly malform and degenerate to the point of latency. You haven't practiced with them in years and you've grown slow and rusty.

You are now part of a social group consisting of old superheroes and super-villains who reminiscence about the good ol' days once in a while, a Breakfast Club of sorts.

Meanwhile, forces are on the move in Albuquerque. It's not a super-villain looking to take over the world. It's not a sentient AI gone bad. It's the worst of humanity. Whatever it is, you can't ignore it and you've become a part of it. Will you take up the sword or will you abandon it once more?

Setting
Days of Yore takes place in a dystopic Earth in the near future of 2021. Technology has advanced slightly but not the point where it would be considered ground-breaking, the disparity in technology evident in the development of most areas in the world. Swathes of forests have been cut down to be used as industrial locations, leading to a massive increase in global warming and wild-life extinction. Corrupt, crass capitalism has overridden the bowels of society. Yet, life moves on.

The world in Days of Yore has a history of 'Quirks', a colloquial term dubbed to people who have manifested supernatural abilities. The first manifestation of superpowers was believed to have occurred in the 1950s. Government-sanctioned superhero teams formed. Villains alike formed as well. Battles straight from the panels of comic books were seen in real life as gods and monsters tore each other apart on the streets.

For only several years until in 2010, when the governments of the world decided to bust down on super-powered crime, all super-powered villains were given a kill-on-sight notice by all law enforcement agencies. The Golden Age came to an end as the last supervillian, a temperature manipulator in Argentina known as Kelvin, gave himself up to the authorities for rehabilitation.

Near the beginning of the 21st century, though, census analysts noticed a rapid decline in the international population of 'Quirks' being born in the world. Worst still, a unknown scientific phenomenon caused their powers to regress and become unstable. As the governments initiated a new law to stop super-powered vigilantism, superheroes began to retire publicly and privately.

It is 2021. There have been no 'quirks' born in 20 years. The population of existing 'quirks' exists only in the hundreds. They are on the brink of extinction. There are no more threats to fight. No more villains to capture. No more cats in trees to save for little girls. No more buildings on fire.

Only comic books as their final mark on this world.
The roleplay takes place in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Albuquerque has been relatively free of the rampant industrialization and urbanization that has been occurring within the inner states of the U.S.A. As of the last census of 2031, Albuquerque has a population of approximately 1.1 million with only 21 confirmed 'Quirks' still existing in the confines of the city. Various trans-national corporations have outsourced their factories within Albuquerque and have caused a massive amount of construction to occur within the city perimeter.

Albuquerque is infested with a high number of biker gangs who go by various names such as the Chulos, the Vaqueros, the Red Devils and so forth. There are no super-villains to face here within Albuquerque, no end of the world threat, no taking over the city. The only threat in Albuquerque is the ever present threat of drug cartels and juvenile gangs.

What?

Were you expecting some sort of super-villain with plans to dominate the city?

Power Rating System
The Herscht Power Rating System was created within the 1950s to analyze all 'Quirks' and their powers. While there have been no confirmed super-hero sightings within the last 20 years, the system is still in use by most die-hard fanatics of the Golden Age and comic book nerds.

Mover - Has a power enhancing mobility.
Shaker - Has a power with an area of effect.
Brute - Has enhanced strength or durability.
Breaker - Can shift into another state.
Master - Can control or create minions.
Tinker - Can create futuristic technology or any tech that is considered past modern times.
Thinker - Focuses on information gathering.
Blaster - Is a ranged, offensive threat.
Striker - Has a power that is touched or melee-based.
Changer - Can alter their form or appearance.
Trump - Can manipulate powers in some capacity.
Stranger - Focuses on stealth and infiltration.

The threat rating ranges from 1 to 10 depending on how much force is required to deal with the individual. Scientists agree that most 'Quirks' are not above 1-2 in the power rating scale since the decline and destabilization of their powers from the beginning of 2001. A 1 or 2 on the rating scale is considered to pose a threat above average-human norms with competent law enforcement agencies being able to take out the 'Quirk' without any difficulty.

It has been a common theory that 'Quirks' regain most of their former power in bursts of strong emotion but this effect has never been fully studied with only anecdotal evidence to back up the claim of a 'resurgence' in power levels.

Rules
1. I expect a basic amount of literacy in this RP.

2. No God-modding. This RP will be the anti-thesis of god-modding. So, for god's sake, no god-modding.

3. I am expecting 4 players for this RP. I will create a reservation list for people who want to join this RP when another person opts out of it.

With that, I eagerly wait for your responses.

Interested. What are the standards for post length and content?

Also mate I recognise that classification system. It should be noted that in Worm it can go up to 12 (e.g. Labyrinth) but it's cool if your take is different.

The J The J
Vampunk Vampunk
Pavan Pavan
DearWormwood DearWormwood
@TheGuywithSoulvaski

Sorry for the wait. I didn't know this RP still captured interest. I will post the character thread tomorrow as soon as I'm finished making my zombopocalypse 1x1 interest check.

Also, The J, to answer your question, posting length will be a paragraph long with detail expected.

Also, nice Legend profile image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back