• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] A Rat's need for arms

Skyhunter

Bringer of Change
Roleplay Availability
Within the quiet dorms, 1:12 AM aka Rat Time
1681618385204.png

As Hiko laid sleeping in his dorm room, especially after such a long day with the crazy event that has happened. Being attacked in the middle of a school trip at a mall with many people there. Was a very strange thing to occur... Although as Hiko was resting from such a exhausting day, a skittering noise would quietly occur in his walls of his dorm.

Whether this woke him up or not wouldn't matter, as the next thing that did would. The skittering would get louder and there was even banging. A voice could be heard in the vents, like someone talking to themselves. The skittering moved to the ceiling of the dorm before the vent that laid closed dropped and following it was a rat figure.

Zesh
1681619036828.png

Hitting the desk, the rat figure hit the ground, cursing in some sort of Rat like language before they got up holding their side. As Hiko used whatever method to see who the intruder was, he would see it was Zesh getting up, covered in dust and dirt from the vent she was crawling through. She would see Hiko and smile at her. " Hi, I need your help-assistance. " Zesh stated with a wave of her hand. She was wearing a big bag on her back, it looked somewhat inconceivable that Zesh with the bag was able to crawl through the small vent with her size and bag. " I've been climb-crawling through there for a hour now. I'm glad-happy I am here now. " She coughed for a moment, getting some dust out of her mouth.

NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom

Rowan Thorn​
rowan.jpg

Rowan had just finished going to the bathroom, as she had a sudden need to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it happened. Either way, she had just washed her hands, wiped them with a paper towel, and exited the floor's bathroom when she spotted a figure that looked suspiciously like Zesh disappear into what looked like Hiko's room. Suspicious, she creeped over, peeking her head through the door silently as Zesh decided to speak. "Why couldn't this have waited until morning?" Rowan whispered to Zesh, still peeking into the room.

Kukigawa Takehiko

IMG_0072.jpg

Hiko was awoken quite abruptly when the vent above his desk suddenly was open and Zesh crashed onto his desk, crushing his monitor underneath her weight. He jolted into a sitting position, the room being illuminated by lights from Moby and Remy's eyes as their tasers were at the ready to confront the threat only to put them away when it was Zesh. "Zesh, what the fuck are you doing here? What time is it even?" Hiko rubbed his face, both to get rid of the last of sleep and out of exasperation. Then he noticed his door was open. Seems Rowan had heard the commotion too. "Alright, alright. What do you want? No promises I can help right now but maybe I can figure something out." He waved Rowan to come in. Maybe she could help him keep from losing his patience.​

Zesh
1681619036828-png.1080949

Zesh still held her side with a hiss of pain where she had landed, " That ouchie-hurts... " Zesh whispered as the door opened and Rowan was standing there, the Rat looked back at her and smiled, " Ah, hello there, Rowan. " Zesh looked happy to see her friend that had helped her back to their dorms, Zesh's quirk drawback usually did make her into a burden but when her quirk activates, it usually ends up being a great asset. She was a pro and a con in one. Rowan was nice. Zesh's eyes darted back to Hiko who more annoyed than she had expected him to be. She only broke into his room; she didn't think he would look so annoyed. Zesh herself didn't need much sleep as she only needed about four hours as a nap before she was good to go again, she napped throughout the day and night but never slept unless it was her quirk drawback. Hiko was mad. " I got idea-concepts for what I want. " Zesh quickly moved through Hiko's room, dropping her bag of junk and hopping into Hiko's bed with him.

She had this smell to her, she smelled of rust, oil, garbage and rat. But it was a faint smell, she probably smelled worse under her jacket. " I got this drawn-sketched out. " Zesh pulled out a piece of crumpled paper and got in close to Hiko similar to one does with a lover. She then opened the paper and what Hiko saw was... Disastrous, the sketch was so badly drawn. It even smelled like garbage. On it was a poorly drawn sketch of Zesh who was a weirdly shaped figure, only way to tell was the ears and tail, with an arrow pointing at her and near the arrow awfully spelled words that was just scribbles. On this terrible sketch of Zesh was three lines that protruded from Zesh's back, also having arrows pointing at them but the words all were also unreadable scribbles. " See-see! More arms! I need them so I can build and grab stuff faster, I could have gotten into that dog today with the arms if I had them. " Zesh explained her reasoning, " I also see your two bots and I want something of my own like that. Arms is the answer. But I want this added into it. " Zesh then gave Hiko the small red piece of plastic that came from the strange creation of hers that was destroyed earlier that day. After handing the small piece to Hiko, Zesh moved out of the bed and looked at Rowan, skipping over to her to show her the piece of paper.

" Look-look, Hiko said he was going to make me these! " Which was a blatant lie. " I can help-assist more. I don't like my friends getting hurt. " Zesh explained to Rowan as she then handed the paper to her.

NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom slifer37 slifer37

Kukigawa Takehiko

IMG_0072.jpg
Hiko groaned, rubbing a hand over his face. Of course she was here because she had an idea. What else would it be? A quick check with his robot friends let him know it wasn't even three in the morning. Zesh was seriously pushing his patience. She not only broke into his room, but she smashed his monitor and interrupted his sleep after a particularly rough day where they were attacked by villains. At this rate, he wasn't going to make it the full year without snapping at Zesh and he doubted she'd understand why.

Suddenly, she was on his bed, in his space, and showing him a terrible drawing that smelled like she pulled it out of a trash can. Before he could ask what it was, she was explaining it. Arms. She wanted more arms. Nevermind that extra limbs was something incredibly difficult in the field of machinery and she would never have seamless mastery of them. Of course, before he could even tell her that, she was off the bed and telling Rowan that he'd already agreed.

"Now wait just a damn minute. First off, I haven't agreed to anything." Hiko finally snapped. "Second off, you don't get to just barge in here at two something in the morning, break my stuff, wake me up, and demand my help. I helped you with the Xbox gun at the mall because it seemed like a good option. Do you understand that what you're wanting is impractical? Extra arms won't work the same as the arms you already have. They won't work just because you want them to. They'd probably have to be voice controlled meaning you'd have to tell them what to do. Are you willing to be patient while you figure that out?" Then again... an idea struck Hiko. Zesh often spoke in gibberish to herself. If that was an actual language that he could record with these arms and decode... He could then go to publish it with her permission. "Okay, hold on. Tell me what languages you can speak. If I do this, I need to implement an AI that will learn your speech patterns and that includes any language you speak. That also means you can't mess with my parts of these arms at all. Okay?"

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
Rowan sighed, deciding to take the more maternal approach, even though it was too early in the morning for any of this. Right now, it was time to play mediator. She may not be technologically inclined but she was good at working with others. "That is admirable, that you don't want your friends to get hurt. Though, you do have to remember, that Hiko needs sleep, and it's been a long day. To get the best results, you have to let people sleep, and for Hiko, that means he needs the full eight hours." Rowan didn't know how long Hiko needed to sleep for, but eight hours seemed reasonable enough. " You have to work with Hiko if you want his help. I'm sure this will take a lot of time to be made useable for battle, and will require you both to cooperate. I'm sure you and Hiko will figure it out. If you're asking him for help, let him dictate what's going on, as he has the knowledge to make this work." The picture didn't make much sense to her, but from what she knew of Zesh, it was the best she could draw. "I'm not going to be able to help with the intricacies of this, but I can help with the extra bits, like finding the parts and keeping up morale." Rowan promised, albeit a little rashly.

Zesh
1682814256335.png

As Zesh finished explaining to Rowan what she wanted with her arms, Hiko was already snapping, the big rat turned her head to Hiko and wore a big grin as she listened to Hiko talk. He sounded... Angry. Was Zesh asking too much? She stared at her crudely drawn picture with a concerned look on her face. It seemed simple enough, Zesh was sure it was possible. When the Xbox gun was mentioned, Zesh's eyes lit up, she moved to her bag and opened it where she pulled it out, " Yes-yes! We can attach the Red Ring thingy gun to the arms! " Zesh stated with a hint of excitement in her voice.

Although when Rowan spoke up to tell the weird Rat that she needed to give Hiko his own time to unwind and sleep, the rat looked a bit confused at that mention. Zesh herself slept throughout the day rather than at once like humans do. 2 hours here, 4 hours there, so on and so on. As Zesh still didn't understand fully, but then she heard Hiko speak again but now softer this time. " Languages? I can speak human, but I can feel this weird thing in my head that tells me what they say, and Rats, there is different rats, like french rats, Russian rats, kitchen rats, street rats. There's even sewer rats which I am from. " Zesh stood there with one hand on her side and her other raised with a thumb up. " I won't mess with the arms! (Unless I can add improvements like more arms or even a battery! Or butter!) " That last part was squeaking like it was in a rat language.

Kukigawa Takehiko

IMG_0072.jpg

Hiko didn't even want to get into how much Zesh was asking right now. Still, this could be a major breakthrough and he would be lauded as a young genius for making this kind of breakthrough. Rats were used all the time in scientific research still but to break down their language? This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and he'd be a fool not to take it. Getting up from his bed, he moved to his smashed monitor. He couldn't do anything for the broken screen or the smashed plastic but he could repair the internal parts and it would hold together enough for him to work with until he could get another one. "This won't be a fast project, Zesh, but let me draft up some ideas. I'll need to write an AI that we'll teach some basic sewer rat language phrases and then from there, it will learn as you work with it. As for the arms themselves, they'll be voice command activated. We won't be able to attach the Xbox gun to start with but we can build up to that. We should start with just one or two arms and go up from there." His ear fins flared as his monitor pulled itself back together before he sat down and began to work. Aside from the arms themselves, he'd need a central control unit on her back, a headpiece with a microphone, it would have to have a protected shell of course. He was already lost in thought, using his fancy design programs to start putting together a basic design. "I'll have to go down to the workshop and ask Maijima-sensei if he has any other ideas." Hiko began to mumble to himself as he worked.​

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg

Rowan looked vaguely concerned at the interaction between Hiko and Zesh. Zesh seemed to already annoy Hiko, which wouldn’t bode well for any of them.

Maybe they needed a go between- a peacemaker- to make this work, so everyone went away from this feeling at least reasonable about the whole thing. Not to intrude on their work, but in her experience the tech types stayed up late and didn’t take care of themselves as much as they should. “Zesh, this is something that will take a lot of time, and will require teamwork from the both of you. Even from what I can see, this is a complex piece of tech that will take time to actually work out. Maybe while he’s working, you try to translate some of your rat language, and think about simple words, phrases, and sentences that could help while Hiko works this out. This might take time, which means you have time to iron out the language side of this. If you need any help, I’ll do my best to help. If you’re this awake, head to your room and start thinking about it. Ask around for some help if Hiko is busy. Hiko mentioned Maijima-sensei, maybe he can help” Rowan said gently, trying to prod Zesh in a direction where she could help, but also give Hiko some space for himself.

Rowan would also go to Hiko, placing a hand on his arm, just to get his attention for a moment. “Don’t push yourself too hard today. Get a good starting point and then get some sleep. You’ll feel more awake in the morning, and you’ll be able to think better.” She said gently, grabbing his blanket and putting it around Hiko in case he fell asleep at his desk.

Zesh
1681619036828-png.1080949

Zesh was still smiling as Hiko spoke the entire time, her eyes lighting up as he continued pitching ideas. She was happy that he was helping her make these arms, her arms were extended out while she listened, she loved everything Hiko was speaking of. " This is great, my friend-companion! Zesh likes the sound of this! " The large rat quickly wormed her way over and hugged Hiko, although it wasn't tightly since she was a rather feeble character, weaker than usual but she was showing her appreciation for Hiko's help. " Although Zesh can't read or write human languages. " She explained as she pulled away, her weird, crazed eyes were full of excitement. " Speaking to my new arm-appendages will be best way to use. Zesh is getting ideas... " She stared at Hiko's small drone, " Yes... Great ideas... " The massive rat then gave the small red piece to Hiko, " My baby was speaking to me in rat, don't you remember? This piece of my baby will have some of my tongue within it. " Zesh was shaking like a kid on sugar, she then turned to Rowan once she spoke of helping, the Rat gasped then took her massive bag of junk and wore it on her back. " Yes! Zesh needs your help-assistance! To the room! " Zesh said as the rat took hold of Rowan's hand and dragged her out of Hiko's room.

" Zesh wants to show you something! " The rat explained, " You can help-assist with stuff-things. " She had this crazy look in her eyes that could only be one thing. Inspiration. This was a deadly thing for a rat, and a rat that was Zesh, it was diabolical and borderline apocalyptic. As Rowan was taken to Zesh's room, the Rat opened the door to her own dorm, within was nothing but... Well junk, there was even car parts inside of this dorm- wait how did she even get this stuff in here? They just got here today! Zesh walked up to her desk where she placed her bag on the floor and squeaked in her own rat language, " Rowan, my friend, you can help me make a battery! For my Red Ring Gun thingy! " She held up the gun that ended up stopping that big metal dog, " I would like to use this thing without having to plug it in. " She explained with a smile. " Also... " Zesh was holding her hand behind her back and crouched down, " Behold! The dark lord commeth! " Zesh called as she then threw across the floor small balls towards Rowan, although in these small balls were small mice within, rolling around. They moved acorss the floor in random directions in which Zesh stared at them. " Hmm. " She then laughed, " I am so proud of my little nephews and neices... " She wiped a tear from her eye.

Zesh then cleared her throat and pointed at her bag of junk, " Grab a couple of... Things in there! Any will do. " Zesh moved to the other side of the desk as Zesh placed her gun on the desk, " I am wondering if I can turn this into a megaphone thingy... But a battery will do. " Zesh then looked up, " Wait a minute... We need to focus! On talking. " Zesh narrowed her eyes at no one as she then pointed at one of the rolling balls, then squeaked at the mice in which they all stopped dead in their tracks. Zesh sounded like she was commanding them through her squeaks. They all then scattered and ran under any cover they could find. " Rowan, can you help remember or write down some things? " Zesh wasn't sure how they were going to do this. " Ooooh! We can make one of those voice recorders! " Zesh stated as she moved to her nightstand and pulled out.... A good condition voice recorder that she stole, it did say UA Property on the side.

Walking back to the desk, the large rat destroyed the recorder with a small gear piece she had on the desk. " We will make a recorder now. " Zesh smiled with a thumbs up. She was already tearing out the components with her small fingers. Her eyes were wide. " Rowan, my friend-companion, can you hand me a small fuse over there. " She pointed at where a car engine sat with a bunch of car mechanics and components scattered around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back