• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Dawn of Justice] A Hero's Start

The Regenerating Hero: Mini-Unkillable!
(Alyssa Alasso)

Alyssa was excited and terrified as they made their way out of the classroom and towards the crucible. It was all she could do to not be bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement, instead chastising herself and trying to project a calm, cool, and collected vibe to the rest of her classmates. They seemed an exciting bunch with some plainly obvious quirks and other not so obvious ones. That and she had been quietly eavesdropping on their conversations where she could to pick up what she could. She wanted to make a good first impression, and she hoped the crucible would be the place to do so! Alyssa was quietly amazed by the level of technology displayed as she watched the gym smoothly get converted into some sort of training area in the blink of an eye. She waited in the back for some instruction on what to do next while closely examining the area.

Toshie
8802ee7cf32a9462263ca7d0e09ea6ca.jpg
Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

And whole class

Oh no... oh no he was at the dreaded time... how could he... How could he ever go up infront of the all like this!! There was too many!! Far too many! Surely he'd be overshadowed immediately!!!

He couldn't he...

.....AaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

The boy clasped both his hands on his head, the began to speak... Those with keener hearing, or were simply around him could hear a... strange voice pop up from his mouth...

"You came here to be a hero... But these others are so spooked they aren't stepping forwatd... Ones already running... Come on Toshi... You can do it, you always could...." one might've sworn there with a little red glow behind the shade of hair before his eues...

But, with this... the young man stepped forward, and rose up his hand.

"I-I-I VOLUNTEER!! He shouted much more than he needed to right now, stepped out abit stiffly from the crowd, his general demeanor didn't look different... but he had this look of somebody with no choice to go back.

Kukigawa Takehiko
Kukigawa Takehiko.JPG

Hiko tilted his head to the side as Aolani spoke dryly to him. Did he say something wrong? Were quirks somehow a sore topic for Aolani? Before he could put much thought into it, Mr. Chikafuji had everything ready to go. Aolani seemed to recover and gave nothing but an air of confidence as he told Hiko he'd have to follow if he wanted to see. Smiling and with a robot on each shoulder, Hiko rose from his seat. "You bet!" Going out into the hall, the two were separated by the swarm of their classmates. Upon entering The Crucible, Hiko completely forgot about reuniting with Aolani. All of his technological sensors were flooded with the workings of the room. The fins that made up most of his ears were flared straight off his head as he took everything in, frozen in place as he simply tried to process it all. His classmates behind him were forced to simply go around because he wasn't moving. Moving through the halls of UA earlier had absolutely nothing on the level of technology that was contained in this one room alone.

Mentions: DSLIX DSLIX

Kenshi Okada
odYOpHR.jpg

Kenshi expected patiently for Chikafuji-sensei to continue, but he allowed the class to interact for a bit. Still not feeling quite ready to talk, he just tried to talk it out, he silently looked around. Taking note of his classmates and their faces. It seemed he was part of a very colorful cast. His internal debate on to when to interact with his classmates ended abruptly when Sensei spoke again. Happy to have them as students didn't even begin to describe how excited he showed himself to be with the group. He wanted the class to display their quirks, so he started to guide them to a place he referred to as "The Crucible". Taking his bokken, Kenshi stood up and followed the teacher.

On their way to The Crucible, Kenshi felt a gaze on him. Thinking little of it, he assumed it was just his imagination and moved on. That was until a classmate approached him as they walked. He chuckled upon first hearing him. He didn't expect a "fated rival" on day one of school, but there he was, with a wire plugged to his neck and a bokken in hand. Another student walked by and suggested a shorter version of the supposed hero name of Tsukasa. Amused by the whole ordeal, Kenshi offered Tsukasa a fist to bump as he answered with a smile "I think that's a bit of a mouthful for a hero name, but to each their own. Anyway! I'm Kenshi Okada, my friends call me Shiki though. Nice to meet you, Kaminari-san."

When they finally arrived to what appeared to be the Gym, Sensei did something Kenshi wasn't quite able to catch, but it did trigger a reaction on the inside of the building. Once they stepped in, Kenshi whistled, admiring all that high tech he probably wouldn't understand the works of. A few students asked questions, others scattered around the place, and a particularly nervous one by the looks of it, offered himself to get things going. Meanwhile, Kenshi leaned against a nearby wall. He would then ask "Say, Kaminari-san, how do you think we're going to show off our quirks?" if he was still around, half expecting him to say "duels" or something of the sort.

Lulidew Lulidew

His surveillance of the room and in particular of the girl with all the tech on her did bring back something... odd. He felt like something was staring back at him from her. It almost gave him chills. Mentally shaking it off, he smiled at Aolani. "Well, you may have probably guessed, I'm a technopath. What's your quirk?" There were plenty of people in the room and a few late arrivals for Moby and Remy to continue logging but he wanted to keep chatting for now.

She stood at attention, but she never stopped listening in on Hiko's words. She parsed every word, explored the syntax, and each vocabulary term. She wondered why a part of her couldn't let him go, would never let him go. Like a duckling, she'd somehow imprinted on this wonderful boy. Another darker side saw wonderful opportunities if she could bring around this technopath. There was so much of the cybernetic neural lace that her quirk had fused with her humanity. They'd been able to mimic it, but never replicate the unique binding and integration. Of course they'd had technopaths, electropaths, and telepaths amongst the scientists and handlers. But none of them could compare the light and warmth of being in this boys presence. She shivered despite her best effort to maintain proper military bearing.

The class eventually reached the threshold of the gym, but Junji flipped a hidden panel in the wall and leveled his eye to it before a blip of lights roiled through the double doorframe. He pushed open the doors and revealed the panels of the gym, and bleachers were vanishing in the floor; replaced by metal paneling and chromatic vestibules of light. It was a marvel of technology and one of Marigold's many personal projects across the school.

"
Welcome to The Crucible, here you don't have to worry about your quirk harming anything, and are free to use it to practice and train. Here we will 'hammer out your impurities' as The Principle is oft to say"

She tried to figure out what her superiors angle was. This was clearly a multilayered training exercise. Nothing here was as saccharinely wrapped up like a Shōnen manga, which she'd read a couple hundred of them over the past six months preparing to insert herself in with the local natives. She was happy her superior didn't call her out and that everyone in the classroom forgot about her. She tracked every interaction and looked for any tell tale signs she'd been noticed, but no one mentioned her and even the other techno path didn't seem to notice her Personal Area Network.

She glided in Hiko's wake, surfing through the clinging crowd of youths. She watched those who didn't want to be watched and ignored those who wanted attention. She looked for cracks in the facade. It wouldn't be the first time they used robots, idiot savants, or otherwise compromised plants to teach vigilance. She was fairly sure at least three of the classmates were minions to a villain. She had been working on a short list of possibilities. Some of her class mates seemed to exhibit sociopathic tendencies such as trying to hard when putting on the mask of humanity. Not for the first time that dark part of her wondered what it would be like to direct Ronginusu no Yari at range, watching as her targets head exploded from three thousand feet away. Well, now that she was a hero it would have to be an arm or maybe a knee, but still she was excited to press the trigger and watch a portion of her targets body explode.

Then her eyes flickered back towards Hiko, and she calmed.

Hiko tilted his head to the side as Aolani spoke dryly to him. Mr. Chikafuji had everything ready to go. Aolani seemed to recover and gave nothing but an air of confidence as he told Hiko he'd have to follow if he wanted to see. Smiling and with a robot on each shoulder, Hiko rose from his seat. "You bet!" Going out into the hall, the two were separated by the swarm of their classmates.

Ko never lost sight of Hiko. She trailed him, letting no more then three people separate them. It was best not to linger too close to a mark, even non-psychics could have their hackles raised when being followed for too long. And her intentions were bleeding out from her mental and technical dampening protocols.

Upon entering The Crucible, Hiko fins that made up most of his ears were flared straight off his head as he took everything in, frozen in place as he simply tried to process it all. His classmates behind him were forced to simply go around because he wasn't moving.

Ko distanced herself even more, but eventually all her cover had wandered past, and she was left with only a void between herself and Hiko. She sighed, exhaling a long slow breath trying to calm the nerves in her belly. They tended to flare up more recently when she was close to a boy or social situation that fell within the bounds of a romantic comedy. But Hiko hadn't noticed her. He hadn't tried to reach out. He'd never vied for her attention. She her mind got distracted, the discipline holding her body's camouflage flickered again and her body suit veered towards cobalt blue and snow white. "Damn," she whispered to herself, shaking her long auburn hair back. The ponytail had stray hair escaping from it's high confines.

But, with this... the young man stepped forward, and rose up his hand.

"I-I-I VOLUNTEER!! He shouted much more than he needed to right now, stepped out abit stiffly from the crowd, his general demeanor didn't look different... but he had this look of somebody with no choice to go back.

She took a deep breath and shrugged. "There y'all go. That was a part of my quirk. Camouflage. The other parts were already demonstrated in class for anyone that cared to notice, which was only two people. I'm happy to show off several of my katas if there's someone here who I wouldn't break." Her cold, black eyes floated across the Crucible before settling back on Toshie, flashing him her bitchiest smile. "Sorry, not sorry for stealing sente from you."

Sometimes the best way to hide was to stand in plain sight, plus she quite liked the idea of Hiko watching her again.

Renee Nyx
1673238951135.png

Renee silently listened to the teacher speak, she didn't have many words to say. Or any worth speaking. Besides most would most likely make her look like a bitch, like telling this teacher to shut his mouth because his babbling was getting on her nerves, and she would like to use her quirk to put a rock in his mouth to quiet Junji. Although as they reached this sort of training room called the Crucible. The witch was smiling seeing that this would be an opportunity to show off her skills. Potentially get people impressed with her quality of skill. When this cowardly and shivering boy volunteered first, she couldn't have that now could she? Renee wanted to be the first to take initiative. Since everyone was asking questions and she was sick of the questions and wanted action. Renee huffed, being in the middle of the crowd, Renee's silver eyes changed into a deep glowing red, lighting her face up under her hat. As she took a step forward, she would disappear in a burst of black and red smoke only to reappear in front of everyone within the Crucible in another flash of red and black smoke. Her quirk allowed teleportation as she turned around with a smile and deadly red glowing eyes.

" Allow me to take the initiative. " Renee snapped her finger for in another flash of black and red, a weird abomination would be standing behind her, although small in size, it was about 4 feet tall. Renee's cheek began to crack as she winced at the feeling. Renee would then turn around placing her hands up in front of her that glowed with a dark red magic, the witch then swung a hand up that conjured a flaming skull from the ground beside her, Renee pushed her same hand forward with another flash of red as this strange abomination ran forward at Renee, only to meet with the conjured skull and take the hit, making it stumble backwards. Renee brought her hands together quickly in another flash of red and black smoke, she would disappear to only reappear on the side of the room, another teleportation, her glowing eyes could be seen, although what was hard to notice was the crack on her face growing. Renee winced and pulled her hands apart only for one to be enveloped in black and red while she reached out at her conjuration. A black and red aura could be seen around her summon. Renee then clenched her fist and swung her fist up into the air, the abomination slammed up into the ceiling, Renee brought her hand back down towards the floor in which the summon slammed into the floor once more. Telekinesis. Renee winced as her crack grew bigger, her left hand now having a big crack on it. For a finale, Renee wanted it to be big. But she had no energy left. That was already a lot for her body to handle already. She had better quit while she was ahead. Renee exhaled as her conjuration disappeared like smoke.

Renee then began making her way back to the group where she stopped in front of them, the cracks on her face and hand were noticeable, similar to a crack in a porcelain vase. She then smiled and placed one hand on her chest and bowed forward. " That is just a little bit of what I can do. " Renee stated with a smile. Her glowing red eyes turning back to their silver color as she moved back into the crowd.

Tsukasa Kaminari
Boy.jpeg

Hearing that the future hero name he came up with on the spot was too long, Tsukasa would nod his head, taking the criticisms into account. So the name can’t be too long… Well, it was still a work in progress after all, and at least someone did give him a thumbs up for trying. The rival known as Kenshi Okada would then proceed to offer him a fist bump, which Tsukasa would return with a fist bump of his own. “It’s nice to meet you too, fated rival Shiki. I look forward to seeing your capabilities.”

Upon entering the gym, Kenshi would ask how they would go about showing their quirks off. “Who knows… Maybe they have some sort of training dummies/robots for us to fight? There might even be an arena of some sort here… Oh, but regarding our own fated duel, sorry if I had gotten you hyped up for it but that will have to wait. As of now I am basically quirkless until I get some charge back up.” As he said this, he would point to the cable connected to his neck.

However, it would seem that some of their classmates were far too eager to show off their spells. Instead of waiting for the teacher to showcase the facilities within the Crucible, they’d jump straight into their own performances. The cyborg would display her camouflage capabilities in front of everyone, while the witch would showcase numerous abilities, leaving Tsukasa quite confused as to what her quirk was. It seemed as if she could do anything with it!

"Wow... that is... incredible." The boy would mutter reluctantly. He didn't like acknowledging others, but the words came out by themself. Although it was still too early to say, her quirk definitely seemed like one of the stronger ones! Tsukasa wondered if anyone else could top off her performance. Certainly not him, with his battery all flat now.

Although, looking at her more closely it seemed like her body was starting to fall apart? So that was the cost of those powerful abilities... still was there really a need to go that far for just a simple demonstration? An attention seeker, perhaps? Tsukasa would wonder to himself.

Valkan Valkan

Michi Ohara
Michi.jpg

Michi Uniform.png

Despite everyone enjoying their time chatting with one another, it seemed like most were equally excited to display their quirks and see their classmates' quirks. This, of course, did not exclude Michi. Although she had mixed feelings towards her own quirk, that didn't stop her from learning about and appreciating those of others. As if that wasn't enough, she would also get to see a brand-new training area specifically made for teaching her and her classmates to be real heroes! "It even has a cool name like the Crucible!" she cheered in her mind, tail wagging in joyful anticipation. Granted, she didn't really know what a crucible was, but that made it cooler and didn't stop her from wanting to spend the majority of her time there.

What Michi was met with left her somewhat confused, though. The standard gym panels and bleachers were quickly replaced by metal paneling and chromatic lighting that gave off a really advanced feeling. "It's cool, but now...It feels a bit empty." was the impression that she ended up having as she tilted her head while sorting out her feelings. She was quickly distracted from her confusion by Mr. Chikafuji's introduction to the Crucible, getting excited again by his words. "I don't have to hold back!~" she celebrated inwardly, though not particularly hiding it outwardly either. He even said they would hammer out their impurities like they were weapons or something. This left her wondering what kind of weapon she would be and getting lost in the idea.

"Sword? No, too sharp." Michi quickly refused the first idea that popped up. Swords were cool, but her move-set consisted of headbutts and kicks for the most part. "I'm good at charging in, so maybe a spear or lance, then?" she ended up considering next, shaking her head soon after. "Too pointy. Maybe if my horns grew out in front of me and were pointy enough." she again refuted herself. "Battering Ram!" was the choice she ended up calling out in her mind as she came to a conclusion. It technically wasn't a weapon, but sheep usually didn't fight either, so it was probably fine. More importantly, it was thematically appropriate.

Michi only managed to free herself from her thoughts as some classmates started asking questions about training and volunteering to show their quirks off. Somehow, even Mr. Bamboo Hair became one of the volunteers despite his panic attacks and Tsukino's badgering.
"I can't lose either!" she roared in her mind as she was filled with fighting spirit from the sight. "Me too, Me too!~" the young girl called out excitedly as she pushed to the front of the crowd along with the fluffy-haired boy. Just as quickly as she arrived, she saw a red-headed girl suddenly appear out of nowhere from behind the timid boy due to the sheep girl's enhanced field of vision.

Initially very impressed, Michi was about to start asking all sorts of questions about the girl's quirk and talk about how cool it was, but that was quickly cut off by her following words. Michi had felt slightly bad that not many people had noticed when the red-headed used her quirk before, but then she essentially started bragging about how much stronger than everyone else she was. Everyone had tried their best to get into UA, and now she was making fun of that effort.

Before Michi could say or do something she'd likely regret, another girl popped into existence. This time, however, it was a dark-haired girl, and she appeared in a flash of black and red. Just as soon as she appeared, she began showing off her quirk. "Brutal..." was the only impression that Michi was able to formulate into words initially. She could teleport, make all sorts of creatures, and then throw them around like rag dolls on top of everything else. As if that wasn't enough, she said that wasn't all she could do. It seemed that her powerful quirk had an equally strong drawback, though, as she looked like she might literally break apart after the performance.

With a significant amount of willpower, Michi barely kept herself from making a snide remark to the camouflage girl after the display and kept it to a dirty look. Before she could have second thoughts and start something, she realized she was right in front of a teacher and straightened herself up accordingly. "You promised not to start a fight on the first day." she reminded herself bitterly. "Even if she acts like she might deserve it." she added silently, allowing herself that much as a consolation.

"My quirk isn't as easy to show off as that. I'm more used to using its aspects in sports or martial arts. Are there things like sandbags or training dummies to use, Mr. Chikafuji?" Michi asked the teacher. Regardless of what the Crucible did or didn't have, it was likely that it at least had those. "Ooo, are there any robots like in the entrance exam?! she suddenly exclaimed as she remembered the mechanical opponents. "Those were a lot of fun." Finally perking up again after being put into another lousy mood after having to deal with the camouflage girl, Michi's tail wagged as she recalled the entrance exam. She had a rough time with the written portion and managed to pass that just barely, but she had a lot of fun with the villain robots. She hadn't needed to worry about holding back nearly as much, and they broke apart extremely satisfyingly. She probably would have fought them longer if not for the time limit. "Maybe not the big one, though." she added with an awkward chuckle as she recalled the monstrosity. Even Michi knew that was beyond her limits.

"Ah, but I can wait for now. He volunteered first." Recalling the presence of Mr. Fluffy Head, Michi tried to take a step back while he potentially had motivation left. "You can do it!" she gave the boy a quiet cheer while trying to give him a reassuring smile. She was still slightly embarrassed about the incident before class but had recovered from her self-destruction for the most part. Unfortunately, it was hard to tell if her encouragement would make him more or less stressed, but she decided to try anyway.

Mentions:
Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png

Rhis looked around at all the students starting to talk and show off their quirks, not wanting to impose by speaking, so instead he just walked forwards silently, walking to the middle of the simulacrum room, quite a ways away from the rest of the students. Slowly taking a deep breath, before raising a leg up before slamming it down, his weight leaving a dent in the ground as he started to release a very loud exhale, AKA, starting to yell. "GRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" as he focused all his attention on his heat vents, his body starting to burn red hot as the air around him started to get all wavy like when it was incredibly hot, the floor around him starting to sizzle as he kept shouting, the air around him starting to catch fire, his metal body standing at the center of it, silhouetted by the flames, as he began to walk out silently, looking at the class before the air cooled off his metal skin, simply walking back to the rest of the class and crossing his arms, trying to hide his embarrassment from how loud he got. "There's my quirk." He said bashfully, but due to his metallic vocal chords and body, it came out a deep rumble, a simple curt statement.

Darius Blackwood
1673407831606.png
Darius started to look around at all the other students showing off their quirks, getting excited at all the displays, including renee's, as she warped around and did all sorts of cool fireballs and stuff, smiling brightly. "Wooooagh, you guys are all really cool!" He complimented, staring in awe a moment at Rhis's display, before walking up a little bit. "My quirk isn't as flashy, but I make it work!" He said happily, suddenly forming the water coils into a frozen spear, twirling it around and thrusting a few times, before tossing it up and twirling it in the air telekinetically, bring it back down and morphing it into a whip with a frozen handle and a water chord, doing a twirl with it before throwing it into steam, gathering the ball of steam in his hand, and then shifting it lastly into a Ball and Chain, with a water chord connecting the frozen handle and the large frozen ball at the end.

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
Shit, it was the first day at UA, and Rowan had woken up late! Shit, shit, shit! It was a race to get ready, throwing on her uniform and racing out of her house, to get to school on time. The traffic lights seemed to take even longer to change that morning, but then again, that was her brain talking, making it seemed longer than it was.

She slid into an empty seat at the back of the class, making it just as class started. The others were talking amongst themselves, but being late had flustered her a little, which prevented her from starting to talk to others, as she had to get herself set up. In the future, she promised to herself she would try to get in on time.

Rowan followed the others to the crucible, staying more towards the back. Her ability was more useful when she used it reactively, though if needed, she could use it to fight as well. She didn't want to burn her ability so early on, so she would wait for others to use their abilities first. It wouldn't do to be standing there, her Quirk all used up because she wanted to show off. She would wait for the teacher's instructions, mainly so she would have more of her Quirk to use when necessary. Holding back her ability came naturally to her- she was always conscious of the time she had left with it. She would use it when she had to, but she had learned that lesson- it felt shitty when she was caught without her ability. It was better to use it when she actually needed it and then run out instead of being caught without her ability.

Either way, that gave her time to look around, seeing if others in the back looked open to standing next to. If they looked open to talking to, she would go over to them, to introduce herself. She did want to meet the others in the class, and that started with saying hello. It was a twofold move, finding someone to talk to while looking at the other Quirks that looked absolutely amazing! Witchy powers, water, the Quirks were varied and as unique as the individuals in the class.

Kenshi Okada
odYOpHR.jpg

Kenshi smiled upon being called Shiki, this rival of his was pleasantly friendly, so it didn't feel awkward being called that way. "Right back at you" the teen answered. Focusing back on the conversation, it seemed like Tsukasa had a similar hunch to his own "I wonder how they'll handle non-combative quirks..." Kenshi thought out loud, as he glanced briefly at the cable connected to Tsukasa's neck. He wondered how exactly did Tsukasa's quirk worked. Electric shocks sounded like the most reasonable theory since he was plugged to a battery.

Kenshi grew quiet when some of his classmates didn't wait for instructions, and simply observed them show off their quirk. From camouflage coming from a girl that rubbed him the wrong way with her attitude, to another one who could teleport, summon creatures, and who knows what else based on her words, though it seemed such a power was rough to handle. The metal guy came in next, and as if his appearance wasn't already impressive enough, he released a burst of heat and flames. The orange aura he created was quite the sight to behold. Kenshi admired it in silence, even if his face was a tell of how much that impressed him. After that, a boy showed a great degree of versatility with his water quirk, shifting water into various weapons with which he showed some skill while using them.

The boy glanced over at his rival, who was even more in awe than he was. Honestly, Kenshi couldn't blame him. He was amazed as well. Kenshi felt a little on the spot after those displays of awesome quirks. He hoped he could match the standard with his own demonstration. However, he would need some dummies like the ones Tsukasa suggested there would be. Some sword swinging wouldn't cut it at this point...

Between demonstrations, Kenshi took notice of the girl who also came late to class. She seemed to be looking around for a place to hang out while Sensei gave further instructions. He waved at her, beckoning her to come over. If she did, Kenshi would greet her "Hello, wanna wait for Sensei to sort this out with us? I'm Kenshi Okada, I also go by Shiki. Nice to meet you." as he slightly bowed his head.

Lulidew Lulidew slifer37 slifer37

unnamed.jpg

Junji had quite a handful when it came to these students; some withholding their interest or otherwise waiting for him, and their peers to react. His eyes scanning over each of them, learned from seeing thousands of faces in a crowd. He knew he was going to have his work cut out for him when it come came to some of them, but he was more than motivated to see to each of their needs. Ko was going to be the most difficult as she seemed to have the least interaction with peers like these, and Marigold had explained the terrible lengths her government had failed. Junji had half a mind to go there and give them a piece of his mind, though he knew he was too protective so he'd bite that tendency. He supposed that was one of the many reasons he had been chosen for this class. His eyes watching in fascination as the room's walls, ceilings, and floors split open and revealed further encampments being placed in this training room.

Sachiko could hardly believe this place, she had been to some of the best malls in the country and that barely came close to how glossy this place was! It was a little nerdy and unpink for her tastes, but it was definitely an expensive room. The confident girl not even waiting for Chikafuji-Sensei before she marched into the room. Her eyes widening as the witchy girl showed off her stuff first! "
That is like, so cool!" She gasped, feeling bad that Toshi' attempt was a little squashed, but the hero business could be ruthless! She wasn't gonna be one of those timid wallflowers, that just wasn't her style.

She held up a victory pose to Darius, and practically yelled across the room for Michi to watch her "
You're going to love this!" She said with stars in her eyes, laughing confidently as she clapped her hands to her own beat and shook her hips. She took out a bag of glitter she was saving for just such an occasion. Her hair lifting wildly as a wink of fuchsia flashed from her hands, cupping them around the bag and fired it forward. The bag exploding against the dummy with such force that the head nearly tore off and caused glitter to erupt in a fountain of sparkles as she jumped in place, giggling excitedly at a job well done.

1673392685385.png

The room continued to evolve as training dummies, targets, computer screens, and various small pieces of pillared tech started to emerge and come out of the woodwork. Junji clicking his heels in excitement as some of the students took the initiative; Toshi declaring his intent while Renee regaled them with a 'taste' of her quirk as she said. Junji beaming at the progress she already had, but also wagging his finger in light dissonance.

Skyhunter Skyhunter
"It is all well and good to take initiative, but we mustn't let that sour a more important dynamic for heroes; Teamwork" He commented, looking from her likely unimpressed face. She was going to be another tricky student here, one with lofty goals. His warmth never subsiding as he gave Renee a pat on the shoulder "I don't want you to push yourself too far and crack further, but if you think you can handle it. I'd say practicing that nifty skull move of yours is a good start to increasing your stamina Renee!" He explained; pointing over to the row of training bots, equipped with various modes and strong material enough to take quite the beating.

Orikanyo Orikanyo Akudon Akudon conman2163 conman2163
"Toshiro, that is so good to hear! I actually have an excellent idea for your training, Miss Alasso, Miss Ohara? I believe your training would synergize well with Toshiro aswell" He said, beckoning toward a farther region of the crucible where there where a portion of the floor flipping up and revealing what looked to be a squared ring for duels, and combat. "To help boost your confidence and strengthen the resolve of your commands. I believe encouraging Michi and Alyssa to 'fight' 'do better' and 'hold on' will help make your commands come out faster, clearer, and in the mean time will boost your self esteem! I'd say with an outburst like that, you are well on your way!" He said with a chuckle, tussling Toshi's hair as he looked from Alyssa to Michi "Now I believe you two are going to be straight forward, and it will be a matter of applying yourselves. You can absolutely use the training bots too if you like I Believe the both of you could easily be on hero magazine's with those darling faces of yours! Showman would eat you up!" He said delightfully.

Lulidew Lulidew Valkan Valkan
"I absolutely love that hero name Mr. Kaminari. I gathered from your quirk usage, you may have tired by the crucible" Junji thumbed toward a side of The Crucible that acted as both a phone/computer charging station, but also complimented students who used electricity and even a kinetic generator (eerily similar to a treadmill) "Feel free to power back up again, you and your rival are going to need it" He said beaming, eyes swiveling over to Kenshi "It is so good to see you're already making fast friends Mr. Okada. There are training dummies for the both of you if necessary, and there" He added, pointing at a series of coolers "Is replenishment for your quirk, though I wouldn't drink them casually. That OJ is enriched and meant to help whilst your training, too much of a good thing right?"

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti
Junji trounced back to the entrance where Ko had been patiently waiting, and there were a wealth of problems with this one. Where the hell could he begin? He had tried to ask Marigold why she was assigned to his class, and to say he was intimidated was an understand. The amount of pain and suffering this girl has gone through broke him up when he read her file, and he didn't want to cause her to fall further into isolation. How could he not be intimidated by that? His smile maintaining throughout as he bounced excitedly on his heels "You have already shown quite the array of skills, and while I believe a full arsenal can make or break heroes, a bad attitude gets you every time. It's not something you can get right immediately of course, but so long as you don't stop trying, you can't really fail. I hope it's been obvious, but I want you to know. You are safe here! Please feel free to roam and be as involved as you like. I don't want to overwhelm you" He said with a smile.

The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
"It will be a good icebreaker indeed Mr. Macdonald! It can be nerve wracking, revealing what you can do, but all of that stress and anxiety will melt away when it's out there! You could say it will be like a knife through butter!~" He said, his laugh like sleigh bells in the cold winter as he gave Isiah a jolly elbow, answering Mira' question "I believe you and Mirai may have a similar problem with how you've viewed your quirks in the past, and while they differ. You two could synergize your training because you both have qualities the darkness in the world cowers from. Training is going to be unique to each student's needs. Mr. Mirai, I understand that you have been through quite the wringer. I don't want you to strain more than you already have, but I believe you and your quirk are what villains fear most. A Hero that refuses to go down; if you could adjust your body and mind to the degrees where most men would give up?" He rocketed his hand up and held it aloft, looking at the two of them without looking down on them.

slifer37 slifer37 NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom
"Ah Rowan! I am so very glad that your enthused about this! Uhm...Mr. Takehiko? You are free to come in now; I take it you like Principle Hashrida' pet project? It's something he spent quite alot of time on! I believe your wonderful creations would be perfect for training for the two of you. Rowan here is going to be the hero you want watching your back since, like me, we aren't power types right?" He asked, flexing a rather flimsy arm as he chuckled "And she will need an esteemed engineer and craftsman on scene for the many unknowns we face daily. Perhaps you could push your two friends to their limits against Rowan's barriers? I believe this will be a good start to your training and understanding on cooperation, even on the field"

DSLIX DSLIX Silent Angel Silent Angel
While Chikafuji-Sensei was busy amongst the students, getting into the swing of teaching. Elizabeth's reply to Marigold would go unanswered for a time as another student sat next to her and attempted small talk. The two of them interacting for several moments before a light fixture built into the wall, lit up more than others. A hologram of The Principle materializing next to Elizabeth and quirked his head "Oh dear, I hope I am not interrupting a moment" His voice having a slight crackle to it before addressing Elizabeth with a smile "I made some adjustments to this room with you and Hiko in mind. If you can resist being nosy and triggering the multitude of alarms I have in place to keep you all safe, then I am willing to provide you with a vault of information I curated myself. It's my Pandora Vault." He explained, thumbing toward a row of computers, differing in size and make from left to right. It wouldn't take much from Elizabeth's quirk to realize the depths of these servers as Marigold spent alot of time spoofing thousands of worthwhile files, information, and clues that could satiate Elizabeth and help her grow. "Mr. Teki, while I don't think this would be particularly useful to you. I have constructed more than enough means here to give you a plethora of options. Feel free to ask me or June for anything if you need assistance"

Dante Verren Dante Verren NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
"Yours can be a bit tricky I imagine, Mr. Ghost sounds like they can be quite a handful. I think I have the perfect training partner in mind." Junji watching Rhis' display and getting a brilliant idea "Rhis! I believe if you just keep leaning into your strengths, you will be able to level the playing field with sheer resilience. Would you mind helping Miss Oda here with hers? It can be tricky, but I believe in you!" Junji was confident he could handle whatever this Mr. Ghost rambunctious nature could produce, but he felt a fellow peer would help the both of them. "Chiyo, you are bonded with your quirk in a way none of us understand, but like any quirk, it can be strengthened like a muscle. I may not look it, but I was a master of mine, in my prime" He said, mimicking the conducting stance he took, in his prime. "and perhaps if you strengthened that bond of yours aswell, you could ask him to only 'interact' with anyone you see on your permission. I believe that is something we could work toward, so in the meantime. I doubt you have used Mr. Ghost much so he probably needs strengthening aswell. I believe Rhis is going to give you quite the workout!"

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
"Now Mr. Blackwood. You are most curious, I chewed on what would work the best for you, and I believe I have found a solution" He said, leading him to a farther corner where a large ring of tech pillars surrounded a fifteen foot circle platform "The Principle mocked up quirk data that will show up as holographic sprites on these pillars that will also fire beams of light of varying degrees of intensity based on steady growth. I believe a mixture of combat data pressure and combat prowess will do your enthusiasm well!" He said, starting it up on 'easy' as he flicked through a few buttons and the pillars started to light up as green arrows guided toward the center of the platform.

1673526481745.png

Last edited:
Elizabeth Markson

ZrLwrSZX5hUrfJQUfMA7WuVrV-La6xbK12TxZboRe9mUj_cSVkPKWgW1kX4kT6GeF_w99qqfUzctJUmeJ5rQIg5-r4Sngh7mlamQYaeYS4j7WI3GUhlowyXRyrVMjZt7QH6fb0xHLJjGYt95JRxx7UIuoK1P1ZjI7bMCnd820wP5q6xcJsdtwQ4BZsrVPQ

Elizabeth looked at the newcomer, an eyebrow quirking up as she looked him over. She wished she had those files she had tried to retrieve, but sadly, no dice. Instead, she gave him a small nod as she replied, "Elizabeth."

Her eyes flicked to the hologram that appeared in front of her. "Don't worry, I don't think you are." She looked over the principal, thinking that this was the asshole who had interrupted her intelligence gathering. "The alarms will not be triggered depending where they are and if they aren't hiding what I want. I think you're the one I notified of the information I am searching for, correct?" Her eyes drifted to the computers before she let out a sigh. "Well, I guess I'll just have to find out if they do the old fashioned way..."

She slowly stood, looking down and saying, "See ya" to Aolani before she walked over to the very end of the computers, sitting down at the end of the row. She rested the back of her head on the side of the desk, her eyes closing as the girl seemed to fall asleep, but mentally she began testing to see what defenses these computers had. Sadly two of the easier methods, phishing and using a media device to put in a back door for her, were useless, as in this type of situation there would be nobody to actually get her into the computers using those methods. So instead she would just have to figure out if there were any chinks in the machines' armor, each one a different puzzle that she would solve. It might take a short bit, but there was no way that these machines would be able to stop her.​

Kenshi Okada
odYOpHR.jpg

The room seemed to not have shown his full capabilities, as it expanded more and showed more areas for demonstration. This included training dummies, high tech ones, by the looks of it. Kenshi's eyes almost sparkled of joy upon discovering them. "I think it's about time I show what I can do" he affirmed with excitement, untucking his shirt, loosening his tie and undoing a button as he walked towards one of the bots. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks Sensei!" Kenshi cheerily commented. It was somewhat intimidating, now that he checked the machine from up close. He knocked on the bot's chest. That didn't sound like any metal he has ever cut. It may take more than the usual slash... But there was only one way to find out.

Messing around with the panels nearby, Kenshi figured out a way to make one of the dummies to move. The only thing left to decide was the difficulty that the bot would be fighting in. Kenshi hesitated, unsure if "easy" mode would be flashy or too simple to beat. He finally decided set the dummy to intermediate difficulty and hoped for the best. The young swordsman took the seconds he gave himself before the dummy went after him to take deep breaths while he stripped the bokken off its wrapping cloth. With his eyes closed, he stood in a sword drawing stance, as if about to perform an iaido strike. With his palm resting gently on the "blunt" side of the blade, touching the hand guard ever so slightly.

The timer reached its end, and the dummy rushed at Kenshi. Noticing the loud, metallic steps rushing his way, Kenshi opened his eyes. In an instant, blood flowed from his hand and into the bokken. Permeating the weapon as he ran his hand across its length. The blade turned from a plain white, to a luminescent bright crimson.

The dummy started its offensive with a straight punch aimed at Kenshi's face. It was deflected by his own rising sword strike, sparks flying from the clash. So his hunch was accurate, this foe would prove difficult to cut down. Nevertheless, Kenshi pushed forward, immediately stepping forward and slashing down towards the dummy's core, this was countered by a left forearm block that was followed with a right to the stomach and a sweeping roundhouse kick. Kenshi slid his sword from the blocking arm and pushed aside the punch. His sword planted on the dummies neck, and slashed it as Kenshi sidestepped. He then immediately dashed under the left arm of the bot with yet another slash, this time to the shoulder. And with a quick position adjustment, Kenshi did a rising slash, hitting on the chest of the dummy as it turned.

The bot did not like this, as it started throwing a barrage of punches and kicks towards Kenshi. The aspiring hero took that chance to weaken the metal of the bot's limbs while slipping in a few hits on the neck. Using all of his thinking capacity on the dummy and its movements. Only he and the bot existed in Kenshi's head. The result? Several dents on the dummy's limbs. Seeing as this was not working for it, the bot produced a small metal cylinder which stretched into a quarterstaff.

In an attempt to keep its distance, the bot thrusted the staff towards Kenshi repeatedly. With full focus, Kenshi kept himself barely out of range. Until the bot went for a downward slam. As the bot committed to that attack, he jumped at an angle, spinning midair. His effort was rewarded with two slash marks on the bot's neck. Once again, the bot turned in a hasty motion. Filled with adrenaline, Kenshi caught the incoming strike under his arm and quickly went for a slash on the forearm, which after the previous beating, Kenshi was finally able to cut off.

Kenshi yanked the staff along with the detached arm, and threw it away from the bot. Spinning fast after that attack, Kenshi went for the neck once again, making the dummy stagger. Quick on following up, Kenshi dashed forward and with his blade, he thrusted towards the bot in the neck. The dummy responded by hand flipping backwards and bursting forward in an attempt to heavily tackle Kenshi. It was a rather telegraphed move, so he had the chance to vault over it as it passed earning it yet another slash to the neck.

By now, Kenshi was tired both mentally and physically. The silver lining was that he was confident in being about to defeat the dummy. It halted as it felt the weight on its shoulder. It attempted to surprise Kenshi with a back handed fist strike, but Kenshi was once again on an iaido stance "Senbon..." he exclaimed, only to then explode into a barrage of spinning slashes treading upwards "...zakuraaa!"

The bot collapsed as the spinning strikes took out its leg, left a gash on its lower core, and its head was lobbed off. Mimicking a samurai's sheathing style, he slowly returned it to the position it was before the practice started, absorbing back the blood used, leaving now a sword with a dark tone of gray. He took another deep breath and said "It may not be as flashy as others, but that's my quirk". He hoped his performance was enough to impress, even if he was trying extremely hard to keep up with the dummy. He wondered how did it look for others, now that he could relax a little.

He bandaged the bokken on his way to the coolers. feeling sore where he decided to let the bot hit him. Picked a bottle up and headed back to Tsukasa and the girl, if she was still there. Where he sat down after readjusting his uniform. Chikafuji-sensei's warning about the drink made him doubt on if he should drink it. Though being honest, if it wasn't meant for consumption, it wouldn't have been offered to him by his teacher. "Thoughts on my demonstration?" He asked in general while taking a sip off the bottle, though the question was meant mostly for the girl and Tsukasa.

Chiyo Oda
Interaction: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
Chiyo.1.png

Before Chiyo had her answer on whether or not she could be spared the nightmare that would be showing off her quirk in front of her class, a few people took initiative. First was the crying boy from before. He had managed to work up the courage to show off first. Sadly for him the wind was stolen from his sails by not just one but two people. First was a girl who had apparently used some kind of camo quirk and even had used her quirk in class. Well either Chiyo had been staring at her desk, or had been dealing with one of two nuisances. As for the witch, Chiyo felt a pang of jealousy. Her quirk summoned monsters as well, Chiyo's monster never vanished Renee's did.

Next came the Sheep girl. She said that there quirk was hard to show off, but too Chiyo it seemed rather easy, The girl was some kind of goat or sheep and mostly like could do the same things they could. Despite her nervousness at having to show off her quirk, she still swatted the air next to her and smirked slightly hearing the "Ow" from ghost. For his part, Ghost had been eyeing down the poor sheep girl, still intent to feel how soft the wool was he had been staring and the slap knocked him out of it. "Ruin my fun, you can enjoy your last few minutes of mental agony. It's almost my turn to show off" The ghost said smugly, rubbing his hands together in excitement as he did so.

In a rare moment the two managed to find something to agree on. They both watched as the behemoth that was Solaris stepped forward and unleashed his quirk. "So cool" they said quietly in unison. In a moment of wonder Chiyo actually moved her hands away from her eyes, wanting to fully watch the display instead of only parts of it. When he finished and was replaced by the water quirk guy, she quickly covered her eyes again. A small tinge of embarrassment that she had actually made herself vulnerable for a moment to watch a quirk display.

Finally the teacher stepped in and began commentating on all the displays, going from one group of students to another. Any hope of her getting of this was dashed when Junji mentioned ghost. At first she through up her arms in a state of panic trying to signal for him not too mention ghost around others, however she immediately switched to covering her ears and crouching down to try and distance herself from her spectral stalker once he had heard who his partner would be. "YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!" Ghost roared about as loud as the dragon had, however it was right next to Chiyo causing her reaction. "He aint not sheep girl but lets go meet a real life god damn dragon!!!!" continued to yell the ghost.

Pushing herself up from her crouching position, she noted that ghost was to busy trying to usher her forward that he didn't catch the last bit that the teacher had said. "Yes sir" she replied a note of dejection audible in her voice. Turning with her head down she walked towards her partner. Once she was next to him she sighed heavily. "My name is Chiyo Oda, I'm sorry you got paired with me. I will try to reign him in to keep him contained, but he is in a difficult mood right now. To activate my quirk I need to make eye contact, so once you are ready please look into my eyes. " As she spoke she shifted uncomfortably whit her head still down. It was only once she was done speaking that she looked up at Solaris.

ddo8pwb-6308494b-79a7-4b16-9c54-088507058ae1.png

IMG_9185.JPG
Upon the teachers announcing the class was headed to another place named the crucible, Sorina gathered her things, and opened her umbrella. She tapped her finger tips against the wooden surface before her, waiting until most of the students had left. It was then that she got up and followed the small crowd down the school halls. Taking her sweet time as her crimson red eyes looked out the windows but walking out of the direct sunlight that was shining through.

Her lips parted as her mind played a film in her thoughts, as she walked, her shoes tapped in uneven unison with the others. The vast building would then suddenly remind her of the passageways underneath Whallem - the vast networks beyond the catacombs. Of course this wasn’t exactly as that dank and dark place littered with bones and so many other living dead. It was but, a vivid feeling. She thought to herself.

She smirked softly in silent happiness that all of that was now behind her, but the thought that her family had given her such freedom during such dire time was, odd.

The light of day made her tired, but the effects were soon offset by the recent dose of blood. Perhaps it was an inconvenience, but Sorina was invested now. The taste of freedom was sweeter than feeding on a living person. Well, maybe about the same. Those urges, however, were not so easily brought forth.

Once in the Crucible, Sorina looked around once more, she was a little bit shorter than the others so she couldn’t see the teacher very well, only occasionally through uncommon gaps as the students moved about.

The vampire would then find somewhere to sit nearby, not close enough to be hit by a random summoned projectile but not far enough to where she couldn’t see something like that coming. She’d observe the witch, her quirk fascinated her, bringing a hand to her cheek as the conjurer brought her powers to the limit of her body, effectively cracking her body.

It went without saying the others were impressive as well, she was almost too entertained as she had all but forgotten she was also part of the class! Something she only noticed after Junji began to assign students to partners and various apparatus to improve upon their weaknesses and exploit their strengths. Sorina then got up, and made sure to get out of anyone’s way as the vampire approached the teacher. Only glancing at the others as she walked lightly and impeccably delicate. Until, finally Sorina tugged on the teachers sleeve, shortly after he had pressed some buttons upon the training machine before him. She read and wrote alot in her spare time, and little did anyone know that she rehearsed. Although she carried a foreign accent, she sounded clear, although a bit on the higher pitched side, “I beg your pardon, instructor. I was so distracted by the other students feats of strength and the infinite possibilities that have inspired me. However, I seem to had forgotten my part in regards to participation. Pray tell, wherefore would you assign my attention for further improvement?” A sort of devious, smile drew upon her face, smiling enough to show her fangs, but not to the point she'd make it obvious. "Likely for the best I didn't reveal my quirk, lest I'd had frightened thee."

"As you can see, i'm of a smaller stature, so I don't believe I'll make wonders striking a punching bag. Wouldn't you concur?" She'd softly sway side to side as the vampire looked at the teacher, still smiling through her crimson eyes, attentively anticipating his response.

Last edited:

The second the impromptu quirk demonstration session ended, Isiah realized he wasn't feeling so enthusiastic anymore. That familiar, gnawing feeling chewed at his stomach as he watched the others work their quirks, and his hands, as hard as he tried not to brush them in his hair, felt clammy with nervous sweat. He could've sworn his muscles had just atrophied on the spot, too. As if he'd been reduced to nothing but a spineless, tiny insect in a blink of an eye.

"Fuck!"

He'd made a mistake. He shouldn't have watched. From witch-girl's astrological hoodoo voodoo hocus-pocus bullcrap to metal dude literally turning the air on fire to water guy making weapons out of ice, how the fuck was he supposed to impress everyone? With his stupid, butter party tricks? They'd all laugh at him! Even the quiet kids too! Then they'd all know just how much better they were! And just how weak he was.

Isiah shook his head, "I can't do this." He told himself, subconsciously starting to back himself away from the crowd, eyes facing the floor. Maybe it'd be better if he stayed low-key, he thought. Then there'd be no way he'd embarrass himself. Then there'd be no way this day could get any-

Isiah felt something bump into him, and he instantly jumped out of his fugue. And his skin. "AH! What the f-" The expletive died right on his tongue once he saw it was just Junji giving him a friendly little nudge. And a corny dad joke about butter. For a moment, Isiah's lips curled into a small smile, but it vanished just as quickly. He knew he couldn't show that side of him here. No one would like that loser. So, instead, Isiah regarded Junji with raised eyebrows, "Qualities the world cowers from?" He shrugged, "Maybe he does, but me? I dunno about that, Sensei," Isiah shifted his gaze away to the rest of the gym, "Did he even see what the other kids did?" He thought, shaking his head ruefully, "The fuck kinda qualities does butter have?"

With that in mind, Isiah turned to face his new partner: "The guy who looks like they want to die." Or Mirai, as he heard Junji say. He much preferred that name. "Sup," Isiah greeted, looking Mirai up and down. He seemed pretty normal from looks alone, minus the dreadfully tired look in his eyes. But Isiah knew that meant nothing. "Normal" guys always had the most powerful quirks. Or at least, that's what his parents said. "Guess you're stuck with me now, huh?" Isiah chuckled, "Name's Isiah, and I'll take a hard guess and say you're Mirai, right?" He took another moment to look Mirai up and down. There was still no indicator of what his quirk might be. "So, what can you do?" Isiah asked pointedly, "Can you fly? Shoot laser out your eyes? Any of that comic book shit?"

Tsukasa
Boy.jpeg

As the other students started displaying their quirks, Tsukasa felt left out. Darn it! Of all times he just had to have used up all his charge before class… Now the others might just remember him as a quirkless idiot.

Listening to what the teacher had to say to them, Tsukasa would look towards Kenshi. So he too requires some sort of way to replenish his quirk? Was his quirk similar to Tsukasa’s perhaps? The boy would think to himself. He would then look towards the charging station that the teacher had pointed to, rubbing the back of his head. “Ermmm… yeah. About that… The problem is I have a limit to how fast I can charge…” Well at least he could save the battery stored in his portable charger.

Still though, it seemed like Kenshi was excited to get started on his own performance. Tsukasa was feeling hyped up too. No way he could stand by the charging stations idly! He had to watch this upfront! Tsukasa would take a seat at the side of the arena in the meanwhile.

Then, the battle started. Blood seemed to come out of nowhere, covering Kenshi’s bokken. It was truly a display of impressive sword skills, as Kenshi went toe to toe with the bot. In fact, he seemed like on a whole nother level when he started pushing the bot back, forcing it to draw a weapon itself! Finally, the beautiful move he displayed at the end to finish off the bot would have Tsukasa on the edge of his seat. Although Kenshi didn’t come out completely unscathed, he had done it! When the battle was over, Tsukasa would be left speechless, rubbing his eyes he’d think to himself, “holy crap… he was this good?!?!”

Forget about being rivals, he could be Tsukasa’s sensei instead! And wait a minute… if he showed his own crappy sword skills he learnt from watching anime and TV shows all day, Kenshi would find out what a fraud he was!!! And then forget about being rivals, this guy might just think of him as a loser! Beads of perspiration started dripping from Tsukasa’s forehead, as the boy stared nervously at Kenshi who was now approaching him, asking about his performance. Play it cool, play it cool! Deep breaths now… Poker face, on!

“Wow… That was magnificent, truly. Unfortunately, as excited as I am right now to battle that same bot myself, problem is I only have about 10% of my charge back up so far. Damnnn this stupid drawback of my quirk! If only I hadn’t used up everything running to class this morning…” With a pained look on his face, he would clench his fist so tightly that it shook. But of course, it was mostly just an act. In truth, he was thankful that his quirk had such a drawback! That way, Kenshi wouldn’t be able to mock him for the loser that he was!!!

“But what about your condition? Are you okay though? That punch looked hella painful though you took it like a champ.” Tsukasa, crossing his arms, followed up with an attempt to direct the conversation away from himself and his quirk.

Valkan Valkan slifer37 slifer37

Seikatsu Mirai

Mirai watched as the other students went into talent show mode and put on their performances, demonstrating their quirks to one another and to the teacher. He wasn't impressed, indifferent actually, but it was a nice little way to help pass the time. Some people were pretty flashy and not at all what he had expected their quirk to be, but it was their teacher who actually garnered his interest. Junji-Sensei's words were not ones Mirai had heard before from his classmates or even from other teachers. Usually people associated his quirk with villainy and his personality didn't help to counter their thoughts. But Junji thought he would be great at showing resilience and endurance in the face of danger it seemed.

A smile tugged at the corners of Mirai's lips behind his mask and he looked to junji with a little admiration and gratitude twinkling in his eyes. Maybe U.A. was the perfect place for him. Then he heard the tone of his classmate, his partner now apparently. He seemed straightforward and honestly Mirai could appreciate that. He didn't care too much for dramatic or flowery speech. "Mirai." He replied, confirming the man's assumption. "I am..." he paused a moment, thinking on how best to surmised his quirk without sounding crazy or being lumped into the villain trope again this year. "...immortal." He said plainly before he gestured to the missing sleeve on his shirt and the blood stains the marred the garment. His body however was a stark contrast as there were no scars or wounds to show that he had been in any trouble. "What about you?" He asked, lazily pointing to Isiah.

Toshie
8802ee7cf32a9462263ca7d0e09ea6ca.jpg

...Oh...

Oh....

....oh....

........oh......

He was showed up time and again by people, were... Were they waiting? For somebody to speak up then... Oh... Such... Oh.... and they had such better quirks too... And were playing it off so cooly...

Ah... Is this how its going to be like...?

For the rest of his time here....?

...He... He could... He could force them to appologize.... He could... It'd be super easy... Make them... Grovel and beg... Yes... So easy... Make them grovel and beg and-

"Oh-oh! Okay sensei!" He switched his attention towards his teacher, he'd get them back someday. But... Now... He... He had to show off!! Ish...

Well its kinda like he was playing pokemon with Michi as his starter... Wait she did talk to him first... Kinda like one of those foretold starter things? Maybe if he started his mornng differently he'd have gotten another...?

"O-okay sensei!" He was still stuttering, but still riding the high off his earlier quirk useage on himself. He'd head over to the area directed, and look for his two suppoused partners.

"Mm... Umm... I.. I can direct people into doing things. And they do them with extra... Oomph? Its... uhh... mm... hard to explain umm.. its... mostly felt..." the boy started to lose steam.

"The... the boost doesn't last long... and can lead to a crash if used alot... umm..." he began to fidgit...

conman2163 conman2163 Akudon Akudon

Solaris Downer
1671854328967.png

Solaris began to look towards Junji as he was addressed, stepping over towards his teacher and Chiyo, his eyes glancing over the smaller girl who seemed to recoil and cover her ears, slowly glancing over, reaching his hand out a moment before withdrawing it, not wanting to overstep his bounds even if he was intending to comfort her. "... You Okay?" He asked softly, looking towards the smaller girl, a little concerned over how she seemed to not be comfortable at all. However, then she began to go into how he just needed to look into her eyes when he was ready, before nodding and looking into her eyes.

"Well, I'm ready Chiyo." He said slowly, looking into her eyes, humming a little at how she looked, his massive form towering over her own by no purposeful means of his own, trying to step back a little to not impede on her personal space. "My name is Solaris by the way." He addressed afterwards, wanting to introduce himself too even if he thought she wouldn't care.

Darius Blackwood
1671859351944.png
Darius smiled at Junji's response to him, nodding a bit. "So, I think I get what you're saying! The computer has different peoples quirks recorded and will shoot lasers at me while I fight it?" He summarized, looking at his homeroom teacher, nodding a little bit. "Okay then! I think I've got it then." He began to follow the arrows to the center of the area, looking around in slight awe at how sci fi it all looked, his hands clenching as he formed a shield with the water he had, intending to start defense first and move into offense once he had a good read on what the attacks were like.

Chiyo Oda & Ghost
Interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
Chiyo.1.png
The moment that Solaris would look into Chiyo's eyes was the moment that she had been dreading and ghost had been waiting for. As the metal hulk of a man stepped back to give Chiyo room, the Ghost rose up from behind her. Growing larger and larger it raised itself up to be at eye level with the much taller man. A mass darkness whose had limbs vaguely resembling arms, hands that looked to be more like claws then fingers, a massive jaw that even more darkness seeped out from, and a pair of two large purple slashes mimicking eyes but lacking any sign of life or soul. "Now you see it" Chiyo said softly, not bothering to hide her eyes at the moment since her quirk was already active

"I wanted to pet the sheep, but you will do just fine Solaris." the ghost said, it's maw twisting into a ecstatic smile. "I never got to play with the bullies, the pest, or the whelps that came before. Scare them, don't break them was what she would always say." as the ghost spoke it began to coil itself backwards, beginning to resemble that of a snake ready to pounce forward. "You won't break though, will you? No I don't think you will! Right Chiyo?" While ghost had directed the question to Chiyo, it was obvious his attention wasn't on her. Her hands began to curl into fist before relaxing and repeating the motion. It was the first signs of her nerves starting to set in, the question of at what point would she need to step in and force ghost into submission.

"If you take it too far, I will pull you back. So if you want to have your fun, mind yourself." She said to ghost. With that ghost did not need anything else, not that he beleived he needed approval in the first place. Launching himself forward, ghost rushed over the head of Chiyo lunging strait towards Solaris, his hoarse laugh ringing out across the gym yet still only able to be heard by Solaris and Chiyo. "Solaris, here I come!!!!"

ddo8pwb-6308494b-79a7-4b16-9c54-088507058ae1.png

His smile maintaining throughout as he bounced excitedly on his heels "You have already shown quite the array of skills, and while I believe a full arsenal can make or break heroes, a bad attitude gets you every time. It's not something you can get right immediately of course, but so long as you don't stop trying, you can't really fail. I hope it's been obvious, but I want you to know. You are safe here! Please feel free to roam and be as involved as you like. I don't want to overwhelm you" He said with a smile.

Her black eyes sparkled like sun light on an oil slick. Usually they absorbed all light and gave no indication of letting anything out, but today was different. She felt like she was caught between the depths and the heavens, staring up at the plane of light that collected on the surface. “As you command,” she said, giving a curt salute.

She slowly stood, looking down and saying, "See ya" to Aolani before she walked over to the very end of the computers, sitting down at the end of the row. She rested the back of her head on the side of the desk, her eyes closing as the girl seemed to fall asleep, but mentally she began testing to see what defenses these computers had. She would have to figure out if there were any chinks in the machines' armor, each one a different puzzle that she would solve. It might take a short bit, but there was no way that these machines would be able to stop her.

Ko padded over towards Elizabeth. This girl was interesting and according to the romcoms Ko had studied they had a high chance of becoming supportive friends and/or becoming romantic rivals for Hiko. Ko bit her lip wondering if she should just get rid of a potential rival, but her eyes jumped to her commander. It was clear that in both romcoms and amongst Heros making your rival disappear wasn’t how things worked. So black eyes swiveled back towards Elizabeth.

Instead, Ko extended her Personal Area Network complaints of the neural lace and amplified by the suit. It only extended ten feet or so, enough to let her interact with tactical equipment in a controlled environment. The fundamental premise of the neutral lace has been asset control with secondary goal of providing surveillance support. Thus, Ko wasn’t a technopathic hacker, but she could perceive the interactions Technopaths had with the Resonance. She’d been trained to support such people, serving as a remote access node to bridge and augment their abilities.

> Initiating remote ping to Elizabeth
> Sending public encryption key
> Setting user Elizabeth access role to Analyst Support.

Ko did it automatically. It was her training kicking in and it felt good to fall into old groves. With this level of access, Elizabeth could review sensory packages and reports, plus use Ko as a remote access node.

Ko let out a sigh as some of the social pressure was released. This would be good. It was a productive step forward. Sure she’d done it all without engaging in conversation or anything, but that was her training. There was an analyst on her team, and she was to give them this access. She’d done it a thousand times. Not having anyone else inside of her was even more stressful and unnatural.

She smiled, falling into step. She felt like things were making a bit more sense. The old patterns were fitting into the new.

The bot collapsed as the spinning strikes took out its leg, left a gash on its lower core, and its head was lobbed off. Mimicking a samurai's sheathing style, he slowly returned it to the position it was before the practice started, absorbing back the blood used, leaving now a sword with a dark tone of gray. He took another deep breath and said "It may not be as flashy as others, but that's my quirk". He hoped his performance was enough to impress, even if he was trying extremely hard to keep up with the dummy. He wondered how did it look for others, now that he could relax a little.

Ko had wandered away from Elizabeth, as the local area network in the school easily connected to her personal area network. Encryption tokens had been exchanged, student level permission had been granted to her. She could establish a camouflaged private encryption data stream with Elizabeth as needed, so physical collocation wasn’t necessary.

Besides, if there was one thing she was good at but could use more training on was parallelism.

She instead, walked back towards the training arena. What intrigued her the most was the bots themselves. Of course the boy Kenshi’s use of bloodmancy was both highly suspicious and comforting. Carmine had planted deep, deep instincts at the genetic level to aid bloodkin especially the Blood Sworn and above all else the Bloodmancers. It was something that she wasn’t consciously aware of, and there were parts like the neural lace and octopus legacy that were unaffected, but most of her human brain had it. The net result was she wanted to help this blood boy and yet she was suspicious that he might be Carmine’s minion. Kenshi certainly reminded her of the Blood Sworn.

Thus on both sides, she was drawn to interact with him. She needed to learn more. Plus hadn’t her new commander implied as much without saying as much? Why would they allow the drones to have so many options?

While watching Kenshi, she’d established and pulled up the HUD menu for the training drones and scrolled through the many different options. While the interface could be accessed through a terminal like Kenshi had, it wasn’t the only way. Kenshi’s approach was just more obvious. It was in that moment that Ko glimpsed a deeper lesson to the crucible. Even its name belied something far more than a bunch of kids beating up dummies.
He bandaged the bokken on his way to the coolers. feeling sore where he decided to let the bot hit him. Picked a bottle up and headed back to Tsukasa and the girl, if she was still there. Where he sat down after readjusting his uniform. Chikafuji-sensei's warning about the drink made him doubt on if he should drink it. Though being honest, if it wasn't meant for consumption, it wouldn't have been offered to him by his teacher. "Thoughts on my demonstration?" He asked in general while taking a sip off the bottle, though the question was meant mostly for the girl and Tsukasa.

Even though Kenshi wasn’t specifically addressing her, she never the less waltzed up to him and his group. “We are all on the same team, aren’t we?”
She said it as much to Kenshi as to the System surveilling the room. “In light of that, I would say that your biggest mistake is assuming all villains will wait for you to rehydrate. I’ve found the worst of them wait for you to be in your weakest, lowest state before attacking.”

Last edited:
Solaris Downer
1674069047400.png
Rhis simply watched the ghost rise up, the heat vents on his body slowly starting to glow, his black and yellow eyes staring at his soon to be opponent, starting to understand why Chiyo didn't want anyone looking at her, since from the way this guy talked he was basically just a villain tied to a girl who wanted to be a hero, so he guessed it was his time to deal with the ghost as well, who knows, maybe he could help this girl feel better about the whole situation. "I don't believe you could break me if you tried." He said, getting into the smack talking, figuring it was more just a game as he crossed his arms, before taking a stance, stomping his foot down and taking a low stance, his right hand ahead of him while he held his left to the side, both arms bent to keep them close to his body.

First step, was to see if this ghost could be harmed in the first place. So, with that thought in mind, he wanted to both test that, and if he could keep up with it to punch it, so to keep both ready, he began to shout out, focusing his heat vents on his chest, flame gouts beginning to fire out of his chest towards the ghost, spraying flame from his chest.
"HERE I COME." Despite his best efforts to translate the emotion he was feeling, his vocal chords being metal made such a bit difficult, making it sound like his monotone voice didn't care at all, and instead was just loud.

Isiah1.jpg
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Isiah's eyes swept over Mirai's arm, widening in a mix of surprise and appalled concern. Then, as they slowly returned to Mirai's, they squinted slightly with skepticism. He didn't know if he could buy this. Sure, the dude's arm looked like he got run over, but he looked fine everywhere else, so he couldn't have been immortal. Unless regeneration was also a part of his quirk? Kinda like those bullshit bosses he still couldn't beat in Light Souls. Or like those elves from Isekai Heaven Vol. #2, Chapter 356? Isiah shook the thought out of his head, "Come on, none of that nerdy shit," He reminded himself, pushing away the geeky intrigue into the back of his mind, "Not now."

Isiah cleared his throat and ran a free hand through his hair, "Immortal, huh?" He said curiously, though his eyes remained squinted, "That's kinda-" Isiah stopped himself before he could finish his sentence, sure whatever he'd say next definitely would've been wrong. Then, everything would've gone to shit like it had with Chiyo. And then he would've failed again. He couldn't let that happen. "Uh, I mean..." Isiah stammered, "That's actually kinda sick!" He attempted to form as amiable a smile as possible, but then Mirai asked about his quirk, causing Isiah to visibly stiffen. "My quirk? Oh, it's..." His eyes flicked about the room, his hands shoving into his pockets, "Uh, I can... I can turn..." His vision darted over to the assortment of dummies further in the gym. Then, he had an idea: Why stand here, trying to explain his shitty quirk when he could show him? Didn't need to say it was butter, anyway. Maybe he'd be too distracted even to notice. "Y'know, I think it's better if I show you. Come on,"

With that said, Isiah sauntered past Mirai, approaching the plastic dummies further inside the gym. Along the way, he kept sneaking glances at the automated training robots, hands curling and uncurling in barely controlled self-restraint.

Everything about this was insulting. It would've been so easy to just set a dummy to hard, give it a few good whacks, get a good workout in, and rake in the admiration all at once. Hell, it probably would've been the perfect thing to do. But there always had to be a risk. A risk there was no way he was going to fucking take. Not with this Mirai-guy following him. He seemed pretty cool; it'd suck to disappoint him so early.

Eventually, Isiah arrived in front of a generic, plastic boxing dummy. He slipped off his backpack and nodded to Mirai over his shoulder, "Alright... here goes," Isiah said, raising his fists and zeroing in on his vision. First, he directed his quirk into his arms, losing feeling as they transformed into a goopy golden-yellow substance and then, solidifying, superimposed into two rock-solid limbs. Then, Isiah brought an arm back and channeled his quirk into it, his fist growing larger and larger as more butter condensed, turning the fist a bright, shiny gold. Finally, he sent it crashing forward, a devastating punch right at the dummy's center.

It hadn't flown back as he'd expected. Instead, it only wobbled dangerously backward before returning to its neutral, mocking space. Isiah stared at it as if it had insulted him. "Goddamn it," He seethed, slowly turning to face Mirai and wiping the anger from his face. Maybe he hadn't seen that pathetic display. "Okaysoyeahthatsprettymuchit" Isiah blurted out, attempting to change the subject "We should get on to helping each other, right? Is there anything you need to work on?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back