• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Date Me, Please! ✦ Chat Lounge ✦

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Dovinique

a fishy little sushi
Roleplay Type(s)
Date-Me-Please.png

Date-Me-Villa.jpg

Date Me, Please! is a dating reality show consists of 10 people who will live in the same villa for 1 month to find their soulmates. Their communication devices will be taken away so their social life will only between the contestants. There, they will face many challenges because at the end of each week, 2 people will be eliminated and sent home. The elimination will occur on the first 2 weeks, leaving 6 people to compete on the last 2 weeks. Each of them has to gather points obtained by events and tasks contributed by the host.

The winning couple will win a prize to go on a cruise around Europe for 2 weeks and prize money up to 5000 USD. Other contestants will also get consolidation prize as well even though they don't make it to the end. This show will have not only cute and sweet stuff, but also friendship, rivalry, drama, competition, and more to be awaited. Basically, Date Me, Please! offers lots of emotions and entertainment for the audience.

The show will be brought by our lovely and cough... single, cough... host, Delfanya Hellend.
She will live in an exclusive secret room inside the villa to monitor the contestants' activities, just in case, there is an emergency situation she needs to handle. When the events on, she will be there with the contestants as the MC and sole jury. Contestants can interact with Delfanya as long as she is around. Aside from being the host, Defanya will also act as the mediator between contestants and the producer. Any feedback and suggestions for the show are very welcome.

YOUR ROLE
You are the contestants! You are the ones who will enjoy most of the activities. You might have various reasons to join the show and it doesn't have to be about finding soulmates. You can be aiming for the prize money, maybe you're looking for fame, or just running away from your normal boring life. We don't care about your reason, what we care about are your comfort and enjoyment.

MY ROLE
I will be the GM and playing as the host in-game. I will also act as necessary NPCs as needed. I won't be participating as contestants to keep the show fair and square. My job is to help the story go on, like triggering small events, set up games, give daily tasks, and many more.

General-Rules.png

✦ RPN basic rules applied
✦ It will be 1-2 posts in a week, no rush, I want to make it more like long-term RP not fast-paced
✦ I expect to have at least 2 paragraphs in one post, make sure the grammar and sentences are easy to understand
Wait for 2 posts before posting again in IC
✦ I do love pretty BBCode, however, keep it mobile-friendly if you don't mind
✦ I really encourage dramas in IC xD, but please keep it professional
✦ Be nice, be polite, and have fun!
✦ Other rules might be added later as needed

In-Game-Rules.png

No real face claim, kindly use 2D or 3D characters, solely for consistency (You can see Delfanya as your reference)
✦ The contestants will have 50/50 gender percentage, at least 70/30. Not gonna have all females/males for diversity
No reserve until the CS is up and accepted, so the interest check will remain open until all slots are filled
✦ Always state at least your name when posting in IC, just to remind everyone who you are
✦ You can have quick 1x1 with other contestants by doing a collaboration post

WHAT IS COLLABORATION POST?
Collaboration post is used when you and your company is having 1 on 1 supposed-to-be long interaction, it is usually up to 3 people for collaboration. It's encouraged that both of you take the interaction in DM, just like 1x1 RP. After you're finished with the interaction, combine all the messages into one post then you can post the collaboration in IC thread.

For example, A and B are having a deep conversation about the meaning of life. Instead of spamming with so many posts in IC thread telling about what they say to each other, they bring it to their DM, wrap up their 1x1 quick interaction in one post then post it in IC. That way, everyone can read their full version interaction in one clean post. A and B also doesn't have to wait other to post. It's a win-win solution for both A and B, also other contestants.

Last edited:
The-Mechanism.png

You will face several days, from Monday to Sunday, morning to night. I will be the one who determines whether it’s day or night and which activity that occurs.
I might skip time, depends on you and your post. I will also skip days, which means contestants don't have to face literally each day and bore themselves.
For days that are skipped, the points contributed to contestants will be equal.

ELIMINATION
For the first 2 weeks, there will be an elimination system with each week consists of 2 people going home. At the beginning of third week, there are 6 people left until the end of the month, with no elimination after that.

The elimination system itself actually made to keep everyone engaged with the activities. As the RP goes, I assume there will be people who drop out in the middle of the story, I will certainly pick them as the eliminated ones even though there are other contestants who have lower points than them. It will leave only active players for the rest of the RP. So, please no need to worry about the elimination system. Think about it as one of the reasons to keep you motivated.

HOW TO AVOID BEING SENT HOME?
It's simple, just keep collecting points from group games, individual games, daily tasks, and special events.

Activities.png

FREE TIME
Just typical free time, you can roam around the villa as you wish. The villa itself just as described in the picture. The rooms you can explore are sunbathing area, 2 private pools, bars, gym, several living rooms, and a large field in front of the villa.

GAMES
Every day, contestants will play one game, either individual or group games. What will you get from playing games? Points.
The winner of the game will be determined dice rolling, or maybe other methods if I find a better and easier way.
You are welcomed to give ideas about what kind of games should the contestants play or/and punishments for the losing party. Just PM me.

DAILY TASK
Every day, there will be a daily task given to each contestant differently.
You will get points from finishing the daily task. Daily tasks can be everything, so be prepared!

DATE TIME
Date time will be placed on the weekends, 2 couple on Saturday and 2 couple on Sunday. You buy your date time! If you keep on losing games, bye-bye to date time then. You need to pay extra if you want to pick your partner, if you pay normal, I will pick the partner for you. Only 1 contestant needs to pay for the date, so feel free to discuss it with your partner. Those who can't go on a date can still have free time in the villa.
You don’t need to stick with one partner. Explore and befriend with every contestant, so you have wider choices. But you can always stick with one contestant though if you want. It's up to you!
For date-time, you can go outside of the villa, pick your own date spot. Dating will be totally different from normal interaction since the mood and scenery are different, so use your points to date!

INTERVIEW
Every Monday (exclude the first day) and Thursday, there will be a short interview with two contestants. The questions are random and every contestant will get their turn. You can share your ideas about random questions via PM to me. Maybe I’ll add yours to the list of questions!
Why do this? For the fun of course! And also so you can know your fellow contestants better.
In the interview, contestants will be called one by one into a secluded room with only me inside. There will be a camera to record your interview, so the rest of the contestants can hear the interview. Contestants are encouraged to answer honestly, so others can know him/her better.

SPECIAL EVENTS
Once in two weeks, there will be a special event on the weekend, either on Saturday or Sunday.
When special events occurred, you can't go to date for you will spend the entire day together. At the end of the month, the last weekend on this show, you will go camping together for two days one night, the last days to bond and pick your partner carefully. I will go with you guys too!

Points.png

Points are needed to save you a spot from not being eliminated. After 4 contestants eliminated in the first 2 weeks, points are still important to purchase items or privileges. Points can still be used to determine the winning couple, but there will be more mechanism to pick the champion.

ACTIVITIES POINTS
Points, as I have mentioned before, gathered by doing activities in the show.

GAMES
Individual Winner = 30
Individual Runner Up = 20
Group Winner = 20
Group Loser = 10

DAILY POINTS
Daily Task Completed = 15

TEAMMATES EXTRA POINTS
After the group game, each of the contestants will rate their teammates for their contributions and teamwork from 0-20 during the game. The final extra points are the average of the accumulation.

If you are not participating in the group game, you won't get extra points from your teammates.
If you don't post anything when individual games within the time given, I will move your character myself. No, nothing big, I will just make your character lose the game and don't get any points.
If you're not active, you might not do the daily task which means you don't get daily points.
You can see how your activity will determine whether you're eliminated or not.

HOW TO DETERMINE THE WINNER OF EACH GAME?
Basically, I will use dice to determine the result.

POINTS EXCHANGE
DATE

Random Partner = 75
Chosen Partner = 125

GAMES
Buy advantages in each game, will be explained at the beginning of the game.

Please note that for elimination, we will count the accumulated points, so exchanging points will not affect the final points for elimination.

PRIVILEGE ACCESS
✦ Use Communication Device ✦

2 hours = 25
4 hours = 45

✦ Go to The City ✦
Half-Day = 40
One Day = 80
[/sup](Weekend only)[/sup]

HOW TO WIN THE SHOW
It's simple. At the end of the month, every contestant will be gathered in a large room, saying their last words to convince other contestants to choose him/her. After that, every contestant will choose their last partner and if they choose each other then they are the winner. However, in some cases, there might be several match couples and we can't have many winners in one show. So, the final winner will be determined by having the last round game where their remaining points can be used as their addition to winning the games.
So, in order to win, you must bond relationships with other contestants. See how much you match with each other, who do you like most. You have one month to know each other, so use it well.

Last edited:
Welcome my lovely contestants!
Feel free to ask if you don't understand, new ideas are very welcome too.

AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc thank you for posting your character, the first!
Anyway, I forget to add 1 more information for the CS, it's the brief background. Kindly add it to your CS and your character should be good to go.

"BRIEF BACKGROUND" placed after "REASON FOR JOINING THIS SHOW" is the only information I forget to add before.

Ahhh, my character Aspyn is up! She's actually all finished but I annoyingly just realized that her profile is not friendly which Im so upset about since I didn't until now but I'm working on fixing it now! but it's fine on desktop~
also not sure if we're allowed to chat in the ooc yet before being accepted/reserved but just wanted to mention that if anyone has trouble reading my character's profile on a phone ^^;

Ahhh, my character Aspyn is up! She's actually all finished but I annoyingly just realized that her profile is not friendly which Im so upset about since I didn't until now but I'm working on fixing it now! but it's fine on desktop~
also not sure if we're allowed to chat in the ooc yet before being accepted/reserved but just wanted to mention that if anyone has trouble reading my character's profile on a phone ^^;
Yes! You guys are allowed to chat here!
I haven't tested it yet on phone, I personally use desktop but just wanna make sure everyone can read your profile just in case they using phone. If everyone is using desktop, I guess you can keep it that way =)

Zackarie Zackarie IDKnuggets IDKnuggets Fanaa Fanaa Uniko Uniko all characters accepted, I will put them on rosters today.
We have 5 people right now, there are 8 from interest check hopefully they still want to join the RP. I'm planning to have at least 8 people, better 10, even though with 6 we can still go.

Thank goodness, I was worried you wouldn't be able read it after all the work I put into it :closedeyescryingfrown:
Well, then I'll keep it as is for now! If anyone can't read it, and only has access to mobile, just let me know and I'll make a new one ^^

Soo excited for this start too, all these characters are SO entertaining, can't wait to start these interactions x3

Okay, he is good to go now =) White_ghost06 White_ghost06
We actually need 6 people minimum, but I'd love to have 8 at least. Gonna wait until at least Saturday or Sunday to see how many people we can gather. It seems we need more females now, currently, we have 4 males and 2 females.

Thank goodness, I was worried you wouldn't be able read it after all the work I put into it :closedeyescryingfrown:
Well, then I'll keep it as is for now! If anyone can't read it, and only has access to mobile, just let me know and I'll make a new one ^^

Soo excited for this start too, all these characters are SO entertaining, can't wait to start these interactions x3
Yes, you can keep it that way =)
Ya me too! Can't wait to see more characters soon.

Yeah, we need 6 more I think to fill the participants.
4 actually, hopefully we can fill it soon! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back