• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Darwins School of Survival

qwop9992

Story

You get up. You notice you are in a forest in the middle of nowhere. There is light coming from a massive tower in the distance. In the interest of survival, you run over in the towers direction and you encounter a translucent glowing barrier. Outside this barrier is a pedestal next to a tree. On the tree is a note:

Welcome to Darwin's schools of survival. Here you'll learn a large number of important things, such as co-operation, trust, advanced multidimensional mechanics, varying types of magic, and pretty much everything useful.

these courses take some special measures to keep you on your feet. Every semester you will be randomly assigned a partner with whom you will rely on. If your partner  should fail a class or end up expelled, you will join them. Assume that you will share a grade most of the time

On the bottom is an attachment. You can clearly see it is a different handwriting.

New course systems may involve sudden and unexpected death. you have been warned. Rule breaking is assigned in a 3/6 system wherein you get 3 chances. Each. If your pair has used up all 6 chances you will both be killed on the spot. If an individual exceeds more than 3 chances, they will be killed on the spot. Understand that if your partner is found to be dead at any time for any reason, you will be “assisted” to join them. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Furthermore, headmaster Jax Darwin has… retired. And a new headmaster has taken place. Professor Atlyss has taken into good  care that you will learn everything should know. A new system known as “g4m30v3r” has been implemented. You will be informed of this further during orientation.

A display with the number 0 is underneath the note. It’s labeled “open spots”. You shudder as you notice it changes to a 2. Someone was must have just been “released”. On the pedestal is the engraving "sign your contract now! =D" and the shape of a hand carved into it. Seeing no other obvious options here, you lift your hand over the pedistal.

…are you really going to do this?

UN-STORY

so this is a story that is build for a maximum of 10 players, and minimum of 2. the application would entail a character name, a general description of how they appear, and you must pick a number that  isnt taken. there would be numbers 0-9, and these numbers would decide the destiny, pairings, and such in the story. its my way of picking what power you'd have, without spoiling what power you have. the story is to be a bit of a mystery, and in the "story" bit up there you can see ominous hinting. you and up to 9 other people get to decide who gets saved, if any at all.

ive got the basics already, but most of it i'll pretty much be improvising. there is an ending, and there in fact is a possible way to lose, since you clearly lose in pairs. if people die there would not be "replacement characters" as in someone else gets to take your place or you can just make another character and try again.

basically, this story is made to have 1 try.

also, im not sure what to put this in. i think its mostly fantasy, since it has has the possibility of magic and mystical beings, but there is also a level of advanced technology and there might be a type of "quest". you wouldn't be exactly going out and slaying dragons for a village elder, but there would be tasks for you to do for each other and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
My advisor suggested i edit the pedistal, apparently the terms "bloody knife" and "blood-filled basin" send really dark vibes. It was supposed to be a blood magic contract stating you will never leave. Maybe i should have made that more clear.

Just a bit....

A teeeeeny smidgen

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back