• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Darkness Consumes Us (Yu-Gi-Oh) OOC

this rp looks really cool! is there any more information on like.... what its all about?

this rp looks really cool! is there any more information on like.... what its all about?
Hello, glad to hear you found it interesting! ^^ The thing is, while I do have a plotline in mind, I'm not sure how much exactly I should disclose right off the bat. I am currently making an edit to the original request thread, however, so hopefully that'll clear some things up?

In the meanwhile, I will be happy to disclose what I know will make it in:

There have been cases reported within the city of disappearances. Disappearances of children, mainly, all between the ages of 4-10. No links found between the victims, no ransom notes, no bodies. They've simply vanished— With no one truly able to tell how.
A little further into the story, as things progress, there will begin to grow further uneasiness as while the play is going on things do progress into the realm of... injury.
If you'd like a somewhat accurate comparison, I imagine it'd be somewhat like season zero— Fewer card games, more mind screwing? That's where I would like to go with this, at least. :)

Hope that answered some of your questions, I'd love to have you play with us! ^^

Edit: If you can provide with a drawing or photograph for a rough idea, that would be great too, but a regular description will do. Sometimes regular old pictures can't quite match the awesomeness inside of our minds, right? ;)

TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic Psh, of course she is! I really did like her (totally forgot I wanted to tell you that, haha,) and to be honest although your Yami is a little aggressive for my personal tastes I would love to see how it integrates into the story, especially if she can't quite take over her host's body. Will she slowly drive her insane? Will she slowly shut herself away from the people closest to her? God, there are so many possibilities and they're all fantastic!

(Can't really ignore the juicy lust-hate relationship between Bakura and her either, I've always been a fan of those. XD)

As for the setting, yes, it can start after the first season. Whether we go directly into the second or not, and end up stalling or taking the story completely off track is yet to be seen— But that's the fun of it, right? Plus, nothing's preventing us from mixing and matching a little bit. ^^

BarelyJaded BarelyJaded

Haha yeaaa Neffie can be quite aggressive, that I can agree with. xD Ohhh, yes, poor Hafsah has to deal with Neffie's antics as well, so she's really gotta stay composed and not allow Nef to totally barrage her mind with crap. I can see the insanity route taking a dark turn too, that would be so awesome. x3 I'm about to post Hafsah's profile now on here, if you need Nef's too let me know, but for the most part she can't really DO anything cause she's a spirit stuck in a card. XD;;

[Ohhh I am a HUGE fan of that as well! x3 Their chemistry has always been both frightening and hilarious, and I say that from RP experience with her!]

Alrighty, cool! I just wanted to know where to put Hafsah, if she's still in Egypt at this point with Malik/Marik or on the boat to Battle City. Helps me with my starter post. ^_^

BarelyJaded BarelyJaded

Haha yeaaa Neffie can be quite aggressive, that I can agree with. xD Ohhh, yes, poor Hafsah has to deal with Neffie's antics as well, so she's really gotta stay composed and not allow Nef to totally barrage her mind with crap. I can see the insanity route taking a dark turn too, that would be so awesome. x3 I'm about to post Hafsah's profile now on here, if you need Nef's too let me know, but for the most part she can't really DO anything cause she's a spirit stuck in a card. XD;;

[Ohhh I am a HUGE fan of that as well! x3 Their chemistry has always been both frightening and hilarious, and I say that from RP experience with her!]

Alrighty, cool! I just wanted to know where to put Hafsah, if she's still in Egypt at this point with Malik/Marik or on the boat to Battle City. Helps me with my starter post. ^_^
Bring on the barrage of bull crap, seriously, if nothing else it can be stupendous comic relief, eh? But it's up to you, really. If things take such a turn that certain deceased persons happen to... become slightly more 'relevant' *cough* It might help out. Just saying.

(Nothing better than some tasty, tasty hatred. Laced with awkwardly harsh borderline 'flirting ' (?) maybe the occasional hookup, haha. Best relationships right there, I can testify to that too XD)

Put her wherever you like, seriously! You have the rule on it so far. The only thing is we don't have a Marik just yet so it'd be more of a one-sided thing if you decide any conversation should be taking place. Hopefully people will apply for Canon spots, too. ^^

BarelyJaded BarelyJaded

I'm thinking half comic relief, half serious scary drama. XD It'll depend on the situation, but I shall bring on that barrage! Hmmm, is that "deceased person becomes more relevent" a hint, I wonder~? x3 I'm excited now, omg.

[With them, they were in competition, so it's like rivalry plus flirting on and off plus extra fun stuff. XD Though Neffie always did have a lot of respect for the Thief King...even if she was too proud to say it bluntly, it showed in her actions. <3 But yea that's the best type of relationship right there. x3]

Reminds me, am I making a sheet for Mokuba too or no? Also I'll go ahead and put Hafsah in Battle City, though obviously the tournament hasn't started yet. I can arrange it so she's just started her mission to steal the Millennium Items for Marik. x3

TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic

Thief Bakura's sexy beach bod is too tasty not to add a few minutes of fanservice for, haha. But again, while I have my own eventual plans things might either happen faster than I expected or not at all, so we'll see. :)

You can go ahead and leave Mokuba's sheet out, since he's a Canon character there is plenty of information out there on him as it is. I did list you in the 'Canons taken' list thing, too, just as a heads up. And... of course, if you'd like a more major part that'd be welcome too!

(Oh my god, stop, you'll make me imagine things and that never ends in good places. Actually, speaking of some fangirling, I should probably add my OC's sheet in there as well. Could come in handy, haha.)

BarelyJaded BarelyJaded

Can't argue with that. XD Alrighty, I'm excited for this rp either way! ^^

Sounds good! Means I can now focus on introducing my OC and make Mokie's post as well. So, while I can't really play Yami and do him justice, I can play Yugi if you need him. I just would need someone to play Yami. XD;;

[Yey fangirling. XD Ohhh, I look forward to seeing your OC's sheet! ^_^]

TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic

Saw your starter, I'll pull up my Kaiba pants (stick included) and get to it after my Spanish class... and dealing with adult stuff some more, haha. And, honestly, I hope we get one too. It would be weird doing a Yugioh RP without Yugi or Yami!... But I can be Tea. I can be Tea and fuss over my cute little Yugimuffin. (:<

(It's up, mostly. Probably going to add in a few things, and add out some others, but the main officiality of that whole thing is done. ^^)

TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic

Saw your starter, I'll pull up my Kaiba pants (stick included) and get to it after my Spanish class... and dealing with adult stuff some more, haha. And, honestly, I hope we get one too. It would be weird doing a Yugioh RP without Yugi or Yami!... But I can be Tea. I can be Tea and fuss over my cute little Yugimuffin. (:<

(It's up, mostly. Probably going to add in a few things, and add out some others, but the main officiality of that whole thing is done. ^^)

It's all good, I'm dealing with adult stuff right now. XD That is, I'm on my lunch break at work. Haha, Yugimuffin. XD Yea I can take Yugi, just need a Yami is all.

[I like her! ^^ She looks really cool! Can't wait for Hafsah to meet her.]

TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic

Awe, poor thing. But no, I get it, I'm going to be enjoying some work tomorrow too, but until them I'm alive :D And off to reply, speaking of which. I think we can risk beginning with just the 'important' cast without the main characters, for now. Or try to, haha.

Also I have a friend who might join in and do Yami, but I'm waiting on confirmation on that for now. And also, thanks! Hopefully she can pull surviving this RP haha.

The Silent Z The Silent Z TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic null111 null111 @MrEvilMexican (Don't think I forgot anybody... I hope—)

So, guys, we've still barely got anyone signing up for the canon cast roles. I absolutely love OC's, and I'm happy to include them into the roleplay but it'd be nice to integrate at least a bit of the original plot into it, too.
With that said, does anyone want to pick up a second character from the main cast along with their OC? (Other than TheIcyMedic TheIcyMedic who already did, thank you! ^^)

Otherwise, until we do gather up some of the crew I'd rather put the actual start of the roleplay on hold. If I can't recruit anybody we'll start with a slightly different line and just avoid the main crew, of course, but I'd prefer to give the original a try anyway.

Thank you all for your patience, sorry to make you guys wait. :')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back