• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dark World reboot RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Abigail
Abigail was taking a big risk now, with her face excitedly pressed against the wooden door frame, and her eye stalk fully extended, protruding out through the crack formed between the two doors, as she watched the tense discussion happening in the nearby dining room. If anyone looked too closely at the cellar door, they would clearly be able to see her spying upon them, and if anyone listened closely, they might have heard the doors slightly rattling from the force of her excitedly bouncing in place, or her small, mischievous tittering.
But she didn't care! All of these amazing people for her to view from her dark perch at the top of the cellar steps!
There was a real life cowboy!
And a woman with pretty, white hair and scars like her sister,
And a real life cowboy!
And a man who looked just like one of the superheroes in the old comic books that she'd found. He even had a mask, to conceal his secret identity,
And a...real...life...cowboy?
Wait...What? Didn't I already--
"OLD MAN!!!"
That sounded kind of like her sister. Actually, that sounded a LOT like her sister.
Craning her eye to look upwards, Abigail could just barely make out a small sliver of the stairwell, where she could see a black-haired girl, clad only in bandages and a sheet.
She couldn't put her finger on it, but something about her reminded her of Jeanne, except she looked less scary, but also looked twice as angry.

As she kept watching, she learned the names of several of the guests; Sera was the one with the red and black hair, the girl next to her, with the pale blue hair, was named "Kaia", the girl with the raven-black hair and the mean frown was named "Vira," and the man who owned this mansion was named Dr. Melchior.
Hmm...They all seem like really nice people. Abigail thought to herself, as she watched them eat and make merry.
I wonder why my sister is so scared to meet them?

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
revior revior
Tyra Tyra
Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe
Kallo Kallo
Not Calm Not Calm
FrostFire FrostFire
littleberry littleberry
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
Syphe Syphe

Meanwhile...

Jeanne
Backtracking was no easy task, Jeanne found, as she carefully concentrated on following the path of flattened grass and dirt left behind the mansion's newest arrivals, while also trying to keep her wits about her for anything in her surroundings that could potentially pose a threat. Night was quickly beginning to fall, and soon, Jeanne would have to make her way back, or risk getting lost in the wilderness, with God-knows-what prowling around in the dark.
She was all too prepared to give up on her journey, and hurry back to the safety of the mansion cellar, when she noticed that the path she had been following had suddenly ended, giving way to a massive clearing.

Jeanne's jaw nearly hit the floor when her eyes left the trail, and gazed upon what lay at it's end.
Fucking. Nothing.
Just a big pile of rocks.
And it was nearly nightfall.
This was all a huge waste of time.
"Son of a bitch..." Jeanne harshly cursed to herself, smacking herself in the face with an audible clap! that reverberated throughout the forest.
Turning away from the mountain of disappointment behind her, Jeanne began trudging back towards the mansion in defeat.
They couldn't leave; they had no place of respite in sight, and Abby couldn't survive another day of traveling in her condition.
They couldn't stay either; the risk of being discovered was too high, and who knows what that group of Abnorms, or that old man would do to them if they were found?
Maybe Abby's right and they ain't so bad? Jeanne dejectedly thought to herself.
Sure, it was a possibility, but then again, it was also possible that they were that bad, and Jeanne just couldn't risk that.
She just couldn't bring herself to risk her.
Realizing that she'd made it back to the edge of the treeline, Jeanne stared hard at those familiar cellar doors, Steeling herself to make a difficult decision on how to move forward.

We'll leave tomorrow. She silently proclaimed
...And I'll carry her on my back if I have to.

1532489283988.png

Kale just followed Sera once she essentially ordered them all to follow. There wasn't much talking on Kale's part to anyone as the rest of the group, they assumed, from the big rag tag team of dysfunctional misfits, made their way to where 'Vera' was supposed to be. Kale just thought to themselves about how they would integrate into the group well enough. It was just for the sake of sharing food like Sera suggested though. They didn't actually want to be around a lot of people for too long. It made them uncomfortable and anxious. The only times they had been around more than one person at a time were during their time in the arena. It was hardly a joyous gathering in the conventional sense of the phrase. Conventional in terms of civility that is. When someone was torn in half by Kale's bare hands the crowd was all too joyous.

They shook their head to rid themselves of those gory thoughts. What allowed them to come back to focus was more so the familiar and rage inducing scent of someone they really did not want to be around. Kore. Kale lingered back as they got closer to the mansion with the others. They needed to prepare themselves to be around a lot of people, and think of a way to really tick off the plant chick. Kale leapt and climbed up a tree quickly, biting down on a thick branch as their teeth and jaw strengthened to that of a beaver. They tore off the branch and let it fall before biting it into smaller pieces and taking a couple chunks. Kale smirked and nodded to themselves. Even if it didn't get a reaction out of Kore then Kale at least had a decent snack. Kale waited for some time to pass before they actually made their entrance, standing outside by the front door.

When Kale finally got the courage to enter, they made their way towards the sounds of people and voices. There was definitely some cooking going on too. The green horned creature entered what they were sure was some kind of... kitchen? dining room? living room? The... den! The den? No... They hadn't really paid much attention to home layouts as they grew up. "If Dr. Melchoir doesn't have any clothes for you, you're welcome to borrow this?" Kale heard those words first as they made their way to Sera's side. Sort of her side. Kale was a few feet back because they didn't want to be the center of attention, or have much of any attention at all if they were being honest. Their dress was dirty, they trailed leaves and twigs everywhere they went, they had horns, their skin was green, and they were currently munching on some freshly torn wood which caused little tiny pieces of wood to fall on the floor. It would be hard for them to not get some attention. In addition, Kale's manners capped out at chewing with their mouth closed. That much they remembered from what their mother taught them.

FrostFire FrostFire
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Syphe Syphe
@Anyoneatthemansionwhomightnoticeagreenhumancreaturething

He simply looks around a slight bit from the upper floor of the larger house. Slowly making his way to the stairs, watching the group for a fair bit while sitting down. Shaking his head for a few minutes. Slowly standing once more before walking down the stairs almost silently. Failing to fully remove the weight from his steps half wincing as the headache started to return from before. Even stretching slightly as he neared the last quarter of steps. Nice place here and all, but you do lack in security. Maybe a few window locks and the like would help.” Though shortly after speaking he would brace to simply run. As there was a fairly large group once more in the small room.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Tetro Tetro
FrostFire FrostFire
Syphe Syphe
revior revior

@whoeverelsemightbethere. Would tag you all if I wasn’t on the phone.

(Also going to go silent for a bit to give everyone ample time to react to both before and after that moment.)

The smell of cooking drifted around the room, tickling Sera's nose. A wonderful mix of steaming vegetables and meat, taunting her empty stomach. In all this splendor, it was enough to momentarily distract her from the uncomfortable numbing of her arm and the pangs of unfulfilled necessities.

The elderly remarked with how he wouldn't call it heaven, rather a miracle. What he meant with that though, Sera didn't know. Money to buy such services were one thing, but actually having the actual products available were another. It was strange, but it wouldn't hurt to take advantage for just a moment, right?

Kore herself seemed to notice it too, making it known her opinion of Jackson's facial feautures. "Yeah, he should keep his mask off more often, somebody may take notice." Jackson doesn't take his mask off often -- he had it on when they first met. He claims it was to hide his identity, though for whatever reason she didn't know. Hmm, thank goodness for that air conditioning.

It seems that Kale had also decided to follow along. She'd snacked on some branches earlier, and Sera wagered a guess that that was her diet. Beings like Kale have it nice sometimes when they have a strong enough stomach to digest plants that are plentiful. In that regard, maybe not so much in other aspects. She can only imagine what kind of a social life she has, if any. Instead of finding a place to sit nearby, she chose to remain a respectable distance away - closer to Sera but away from other people.

'Hm.. well it's understandable to not want to be too close to strangers, but if everyone keeps this up, it may hinder our cohesion when it comes to fighting. It would be easier for people to get hurt that way..' She thought to herself, not paying attention to the people that were coming down the stairs, including the one and only.

"What the fuck are you all doing here?" Says the sheet-y clad Vira.

"Oh! We were-- pff~" Sera attempted to stifle her laughter as she watched Vira, yet again, appear in front of people without her knowledge. She must have had no idea! And if it weren't for her inability to communicate like a human being, she would have interrupted another strange and bandaged man that just walked past Vira into another room. Is this actually a hospital in disguise?

"Hey Vira, did you miss us? Look, we got your sword back. And, oh? Who are you? Are you lost? Doctor, is this your boy? Don't worry we're nice people -- er, most of us." That last blunder probably shattered whatever effect Sera had attempted to bestow, but she did mean it. Regardless, it was good (ish) to see Vira walking around after what she went through. How she is up and about is a whole different mystery of its own, though.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Tetro Tetro
Tyra Tyra
Kallo Kallo
littleberry littleberry
Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
Not Calm Not Calm
revior revior
King Crimson King Crimson

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

"Does it look like I should be resting?" Vira sardonically repeated. Then the bandaged-sheety lady winced, leaning against the door frame. It was brief, but visible, but she played it off as if it hadn't even happened. It was a miracle she wasn't bleeding everywhere or anything. Dr. Melchior certainly knew his stuff.

For a brief moment, the old man glanced over at the cowboy-looking fellow. 'He's a hunter?' Dr. Melchior asked himself, wondering why he was traveling in this group. Some of these people were obviously Abnorms. "Heh heh, yeah.. Not all doctors are like me, that's for sure," he agreed. "Apologies, for whatever some 'doctors' put you through, miss." He shook his head as he stirred the beef and veggies, "That's not what we're supposed to be doing with our gift of medicine." He wondered if he was being hypocritical. There was a time... "Yes time... it... heals all wounds," Dr. Melchior murmured to himself.

The dark-haired woman was looking at the old man. It wasn't evident what was on her face. Annoyance? Concern? "You WHAT?!" she hissed, hearing Kore's words, rounding on her, realizing she had been missing Venom for the entire time she was here. She shook the other woman, "Give me my sword!"

"Vira!" Dr. Melchior called her name, when she was perceived as being a bit too aggressive. His voice hinting at a warning therein.

"Gr.." she lowly growled, as she glanced his way. During that glance, she noticed the group of people. She recognized Kore, Sera, Jackson, Lucas, and.. was it... Augh, it started with a K. But there were a few she didn't recognize. Like that strange.. tree-like Abnorm off to the side. She vaguely wondered how that Abnorm and Kore got along. A smirk lit up her face, imagining they didn't. It was fun to think there was turmoil in the group that wasn't caused by her.

"Haha, yes, perhaps young man," Dr. Melchior replied to the man who spoke up at his security. "Though, I hardly see the point in it. I am but an old man. And what is a lock going to do against this little girl," he asked, patting the girl that destroyed his front door. "My boy?.. Oh, um, no. A patient.. -I am glad to hear you're all mostly nice people," he responded to Sera, giving her a warm smile. "Ho ho ho.. Ah! Food's almost ready... gather in the dining area," he said, pointing to a set of doors. He began gathering up plates and bowls and silverware. "A hand, Vira?" he asked, forgetting she was half-naked. He was used to Vira's nakedness. You could say he was desensitized to it.

"Old man.. I.. grr..." She reached for a set of plates. "Gr. I just want my sword, these other losers can deal with it!" Still, after a brief frown from Dr. Melchior, she followed him into the dining area. Which was easily the largest, most fancy-looking room in the mansion. A pair of chandeliers hanged from the ceiling, and there was this beautiful lengthy dinner table in the center. It had a few floral arrangements sitting atop a quaint, intricately-designed table cloth. There were easily enough chairs to accommodate the group around the table. Melchior set some bread down, then walked back into the kitchen, while Vira unhappily set out the plates.

FrostFire FrostFire Syphe Syphe revior revior littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Syphe Syphe Tyra Tyra Kallo Kallo Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Not Calm Not Calm King Crimson King Crimson

Lucca Malkovich
"Yep, I'm a hunter. That's me. Though I don't look it I'm sure." Lucca said, hardly amused. Not because Kore just gave up his information so easily, but because of how much belittling he's getting in the very short time frame.

To begin with, he would have been doing his job just fine had it not been for Kore, discovering him through her trees and taking away his gun, and then everything went down hill from there. It's not like I'm bad at my job, he thought to himself, you're just too pesky of an Abnorm.

Eventually, the gang began to gather apparently all here to find Vira. There's something rather strange about that, thought Lucca can't quite put his finger on it, at least not until Vira finally showed up and began running her mouth.

"Oh right, now I remember. I guess you're not wrong, Dr. Melchior. I wouldn't call us friends."

Lucca shrugged. Now that he confirmed that Vira is indeed alive and well, there's really no need to suffer her presence. As he headed towards the doorway, wanting to leave the increasingly crowded houses, he remembers something and went towards Sera.

"Sera, here."

Lucca simply handed her the first aid kit he grabbed on his way back, thinking that she could get more use out of it that he could, and went straight for the door. He didn't expect her to say much, after all, they didn't exactly interact a whole lot and she shouldn't remember much of him.

Once outside, Lucca breathed a little easy. In that crowd, he saw a few unfamiliar faces, though one of them... that was Jackson probably, but the rest were definitely unfamiliar, and amongst so many unfamiliar Abnorms, Lucca couldn't help but remember the night a little over a week ago, when he was completely defenseless and at their mercy. Not exactly the happiest time of his life.

Interacted: Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko FrostFire FrostFire Syphe Syphe

Nearby: Tetro Tetro Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Kallo Kallo littleberry littleberry King Crimson King Crimson Tyra Tyra Not Calm Not Calm

Te Akiri 'Kotiro' Matiu
// Anyone // Anyone

While laying in front of the fireplace in the Doctor's living room, Kotiro dozed off, and dreamt of home.

Kore Dair
witcher__ciri_by_raikoart-da83paw (1).png
Kore frowned at Melchoir's comments on those other doctors... She didn't really like to think about it, it hurt her head. Even if she was stronger than the other, this body, her body had a knee jerk reaction to such thoughts...
She was jerked from her memories when she was shook, her head snapping back and forth as she yelped in protest but did nothing until she was released. "Ow...", she whined as she rubbed her neck - Vira had just given her whiplash. She supposed this was about the only 'thank you' she would get from Vira for trying to help her... Perhaps this woman was more of a lost cause than she had previously thought, allying herself with her was exceedingly useful but if it came at a danger to herself? Kore wouldn't put herself in a situation that was too dangerous... Of course, a bit of danger was fun, but if she feared for he life- she would be long gone.
Still rubbing her neck, Kore caught the tail end of Lucca's outburst as he walked out, and she sighed. Why did people have to be so difficult? she didn't bother to follow him this time, food was on the menu after all... Not that she would eat the stew, but he put some bread out to go with it, and she held out hope that he wouldn't ruin all the food by putting dead things in it...
Vira seemed pretty comfortable with this old fellow, so she decided he wasn't a threat after all, not that she would ever really let her guard down...
Standing up, Kore went over to the table and sat down, squashing her bag a little as she leaned into it and the back of the chair, smiling happily at the thought of food she didn't have to spend hours collecting or making or earning - it would be a nice change.
She knew the others around her were chatting away, but she didn't feel much like talking, she just wanted to eat and sleep.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe revior revior
((Super shit post buuut yeah))

Patrick paused as he entered the clearing to consider the very out of place mansion his fifth cigarette sense his little group had followed after the others smoldering away between his lips. He held his good hand out to the side to signal the others to do the same, Third keep an eye on Crow and little Ms fashion, he muttered quietly to the Warden before continuing on. He didn't really think those two would try anything, but it was best to be careful at least while they were still in The One's territory.

The old soldier turned his focus back to the mansion as he moved forward across the open ground. The place was in good repair so chances were that someone lived there, given that it was so secluded it was hard to imagine that someone lacking ways to defend themselves would be there without some sort of support nearby and considering where they were it was wise to show some level of caution when approaching. So his hand slipped under his packs shoulder strap inconspicuously placing it with in easy reach of the grip of his pistol. Those worries quickly evaporated when he came around the corner to see a familiar face.

Cowboy, when I didn't see you with the rest I thought Kore had finally snapped and strung you up in a tree somewhere, glad to see your alright, Patrick said loudly his normally gruff manner taking on a friendlier tone. As he made his way over to the kid the front door, or what was left of it anyway, came into full view. The dammed thing had been knocked off its hinges and Patrick only knew one abnorm Lucas the hunter wouldn't be running from that could do that. He patted the kids shoulder as he passed him with a reassuring nod and headed torwards the now gaping entrance, but before he made it all the way in he stopped and turned to Snow, tonight before you head to bed I have something I want to talk with you about, alone preferably he rumbled, then without another word he turned and rushed inside to find his little girl.

littleberry littleberry Kiroshiven Kiroshiven ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko revior revior

The Wardens

The Third Warden

Screenshot_1.png

"At the end nothing really matters. Daylight or moonlight, the open field or covering forest, winning or failing; I have to push forward - it is my sword that is needed, not my soul." - The Third Warden.

The Third had been beside Patrick as they followed the group to the mansion, their eyes focused in the road ahead as they faced the Mansion. Her hand always beside the handle for she knew little what happened to Fifth and The child in the care of The Second - She could not tell Patrick now, not when they were definitely in a position of danger.

Her mind was wandering on the area around them when he mumble those words upon her, she barely manage to catch a sight of him as he pushed forward. However she did accept to do as he requested, thus The Crow and The 'Ms Fashion' would be one of her priorities. Her steel will finally do justice by killing an abomination, even though they could prove useful, they could easily betray them.

Once inside, Patrick seem to have met old acquaintances and present ones, a man whom seem not especial in any particular way - a human much alike Patrick himself which he refereed as 'Cowboy', Third merely nod at the individual as she was unaware of his name and... Snow. He seemed wary to speak to her in privacy, potentially that meant without Third to look after him. Although a more present matter printed her in a situation of much oddness from her side.

A dinner table, enough chairs to make of it a commodity, she titled her head to a side as she watched some already preparing to feast while she continue to stand idle before it. She allowed a hand to rest on her waist while the other resting on the pommel of his weapon, unaware of the situation of ease that it began to vibrate through the walls. The silence before the storm, was it? Its hard to tell by the overwhelming warmth of the candles. The old man would soon spot her, though, she would have to decline... such material food she could not digest.

Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko FrostFire FrostFire revior revior littleberry littleberry

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

Dr. Melchior looked over at Lucca, "And what are hunters supposed to look like?" he remarked with a grin. He'd come across a few Bounty Hunters through his years, they often had varying different appearances. In fact, Lucca seemed to fit in, in his opinion. He was more curious as to why a BH was hanging out with Abnorms. Was he after Vira? Was that the reason he was here? He chuckled, "Oh, give her the chance; she'll grow on you, I'm sure." His comment was enough to draw Vira's annoyed frown. After the room and table was set, dinner began. "Everyone! Dig in!" he announced, looking at the feast he had sat there on the lengthy dinner table. Bread, stew, roast, greens, mashed potatoes, etc. was steaming on the table, a lovely aroma wafting through the air. None there had probably seen such a feast before.

Vira dipped back into the kitchen to go get the drinks. She paused, staring at the strange.. eye? she spotted from the cellar door. She blinked before situating her sheet around her, then reaching over, pulling the door open. There, was this young girl. "Huh, who the fuck.. ?" Vira began, reaching down grabbing the girl by her collar. Lifting her up, she forgot about the drinks, storming back into the dining room, holding her up. "Who the hell is this?!" she asked out. "Anyone know this girl?" Her voice was directed to all of them, wondering if they had picked up some new girl straggler. "Found her in the cellar."

Dr. Melchior was sitting down, getting ready to eat. He looked up, perplexed. "The cellar?! N-nooo.." he answered, trailing off. "I have not seen that girl before, Vira. Perhaps she's with the others?" He picked up some pudding and held it up, "Perhaps she would like to eat?"

Vira rolled her eyes. There was always some new freak with these people. She set her down in a seat, and Dr. Melchior put the pudding in front of her. Walking around the outside of the group, she paused, staring at a picture placed on a shelf. It was of Dr. Melchior, two other men that were dressed similarly, but a fourth man, who looked more... military? Was it? It was not a picture she recognized, and normally she wouldn't even care, but something about this picture was drawing her to it. She stared at the stern, serious man there. He had a brooding atmosphere about him. His steely appearance was grim and unrelenting.

"So, little one," Dr. Melchior asked the young girl. "Who are you? Are you hungry? What were you doing in my cellar??" He had his suspicions, but he wanted to hear her answer. If it was anything he suspected, he would not be upset, knowing this girl probably needed some help. "That's pudding, sweetheart -it's sweet. I'm sure you'll like it. What else do you want? Aren't you hungry? I'm Dr. Melchior, and this is my home. A sweet little thing like yourself is always welcome here!" The friendly old man gave her a warm smile.

"D..Dr. Melchior!" Vira shouted, lifting up the picture. "Who is this man?"
The shout made him wince, as he was talking to the little girl. "Who?" he asked.
"This man!" Vira growled, pointing to the dark-haired man with the scowl.
"Oh, that man..." Dr. Melchior murmured, sighing. He knew he would have to tell her about this sometime. When she left before, he wondered if he'd ever get the chance; well, here it was. "Sit, Vira." When she did so, sitting beside the small girl, he began. "..That's your father, Vira. Mr. Escaflowne."

She stared at him. What had he said?!?! Her.. father? What?! But Sydonay... Suddenly her thought was cut off, and before Dr. Melchior got to say anymore, Vira stood up after having just sat down. Something nasty sparked in her mind, a painful burning sensation that had been a reaction of something happening externally. Her power was telling her danger had arrived. Danger unlike she had ever felt before; seemingly worse than even when her life was threatened. "Ack.. Someone..'s here," she cryptically announced. That spark was so scary, so palpable, it made her grip the tablecloth, as sweat rolled down her forehead.

"So-someone?.. Vira, what do you mean?" Dr. Melchior asked.

"I.. I don't know.." she admitted, glancing away from them. It was horrifying to know that the mere presence of someone was enough to set her power off like that.

Not Calm Not Calm FrostFire FrostFire Tall Bear Tall Bear revior revior Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Tyra Tyra ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish

He had simply watched as Vira walked by to head for the kitchen, eventually returning after a brief yelling of sorts it seemed at a...child? That more or less caught his attention as he stood from his place on the stairs. Starting to make his way down and to the dining room, glancing at "The Warden" with a slightly raised eyebrow. More curious about his apparel than the fact he seemed to be a new face in the group. Shrugging to himself in the end while listening in on the many possible conversations, though his hair started to stand on end as the noticeably ominous vibe started to fill the room from Vira's statement. Glancing around slightly along with making sure to look out a few of the windows as long as he could see through them easily from where he stood. Walking into the seeming dining hall and eventually picking a wall to stand at instead of sitting down to eat.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Not Calm Not Calm FrostFire FrostFire Tall Bear Tall Bear revior revior Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Tyra Tyra ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish
(Kinda tagged everyone cause I wasn't sure who was actually inside...better to be safe then sorry I guess.)

Even if her body was in pieces, Vira's personality remained intact it seems. It was sort of funny, though a bit alarming when she shook Kore screaming about the sword, despite Jackson being the current holder. Hopefully whatever happens, it happens after Sera eats! The sumptuous feast before her beckons. But first, she needed to wash her hands. At least with no soap, the running water would remove some of the grime on her fingers, easing some of her concerns.

Returning to her seat, she was delighted to hear the green light to chow down. There were plenty of dishes she vaguely remembers long ago, meals prepared by her parents. As she ate, she wondered how they were doing -- a couple that had quite the number of years beneath the belt. There weren't many strenuous activities to be done so they should be fine, hopefully.

The boy she attempted to talk to earlier had simply ignored her and walked off on his own to a wall and ate there. The last blunder probably drove him away. Sera felt a little disappointed at the thought.

As she listened to the chatter and banter around the table, she was surprised to see a med kit being handed to her by someone. Oh, it was that cowboy, Lucca! Sera looked at the supplies with great interest before looking up to thank the man, but it seems like he'd left already. She gave a small sigh, before looking back to the med kit. "I won't forget this." She whispered.

Stowing away the items with the rest of her belongings, she turned her attention back to those around the table. It was a bit quiet, which was to be expected, honestly, however the food was enough of a distraction. The stew, especially, was delicious! She drank a bit of the broth, savoring its taste. "Wow! Doctor, your cooking isn't half-bad. This stew is great." Though, she did notice something else: Kore. She didn't seem all too interested in the stew. Was she not hungry? Or, was she being picky? There was another person off to the side that abstained from eating as well.

"Something wrong, Kore?" She asked, keeping her tone friendly. Maybe she felt out of place, after all, she did take one massive detour for their sake.

"Huh, who the fuck.. ? Who the hell is this?! Anyone know this girl? Found her in the cellar." Looking over to where Vira's voice was coming from, she saw her dragging another person. Just how many people were in this place? Though, it shouldn't be surprising considering the condition of this place. However, it seems like no one, not even the doctor knows who she is. Thankfully he was welcoming, so Sera eased up and returned to eating, listening as Vira happened upon a picture of her father. The reaction she observed was strange, and short-lived as what looked like fear flashed on her face before she looked away. What did she mean by someone being "here?" It was so sudden for it to be a lie, and she didn't seem to be the one to prank. Heart thumping, Sera put her food down and slowly rose. "Should we take a look around? Should we warn the others outside?"

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
FrostFire FrostFire
revior revior
Kallo Kallo
Tetro Tetro
Tyra Tyra

Abigail
The raven-haired girl walked into the kitchen again, letting Abigail get a better view of her, now that she wasn't hidden at top of the stairwell.
Part of her wanted so badly to open the doors, reveal herself, and join them. She wanted to thank the old man for giving her and her sister a place to rest. Most of all, she wanted to know more about these people, what brought them together, what brought them to this house, and where they were going.
This girl in particular peeked her interest, the way she carried herself, the way she spoke, even the bandages she wore reminded her so much of when her and Jeanne first met.

So why was Jeanne so scared of meeting her?
The thought vexed Abigail to no end, so much so, that she didn't realize the woman was standing in front of her, until the two doors surrounding her eye stalk swung open, revealing her to the world, and ripping a surprised gasp from her throat.

Now that she was exposed, looking up at the angry, sheet-clad girl, a terrifying realization dawned on Abigail; maybe these people weren't as friendly as she thought, or maybe they would be angry that she and her sister had trespassed.
Maybe she had just made a terrible mistake.
She turned to run, but only made it half of a step, before Vira's hand plucked her up by the collar. Abigail flailed uselessly in her grasp to get away, but when that didn't work, she resorted to Plan B: Curling herself up into a tiny ball, covering her head with her arms, shutting her eyes tight, and desperately crying out; "Uwaaah!! Jeanne, help!!"

She could hear them speaking, but she was far too panicked to understand what they were saying. Were they angry? Were they planning to kill her?
Her mind was reeling with horrible, concocted scenarios, each more terrible than the last, and she hadn't realized that she had been sat at the table, until the sound of the chair rattling beneath her from the force of her terrified trembling made itself impossible to ignore.

She waited for some form of retribution to befall her, but when none came, she let her left eye stalk slither out from beneath her arm, and wrap around her head to inspect her new surroundings. The sound of a chair scraping across the floor, caught her attention, and her lone eye quickly whipped around to investigate, falling upon the old man now sitting next to her, and upon the bowl of delicious pudding held in his hand.
Her eye hungrily followed the dish's movement, and blinked twice in surprise when it was placed before her. Hesitantly, Abigail opened her other eye, and uncovered her head, alternating glances between Dr. Melchior, and the mouthwatering contents of the bowl before her.
She couldn't see anything wrong with the pudding, nor could she "smell" anything of note; it seemed to just be regular chocolate pudding.
She dipped the tip of her finger into the cool, gooey delicacy, and gingerly hazarded a small taste. The pudding's glorious, sweet, creamy flavor graced her taste buds, and washed away any of the fears that she still had. With spoon in hand, Abigail eagerly dove into the chocolaty treat, as if it was the first proper meal she had eaten in years.

Emptying the bowl in an astonishingly short amount of time, Abigail elegantly wiped her mouth on her coat sleeve, and gave a small, content hiccup!.
She didn't get much time to bask in the joy of having a filled stomach, before the good doctor had began asking her questions, some of which she wasn't entirely sure how to answer.
Should she tell them about Jeanne? If she didn't, would they believe that she had made it here all by herself?
Dr. Melchior seemed nice enough, and Abigail was more than happy to oblige his warm smile with one of her own, but would he be as welcoming towards her sister?
Would Jeanne even want to stay here? She seemed pretty scared of meeting them, and from her experience, Jeanne had a good reason for avoiding other people.
Maybe she could convince them to let them both stay, and convince Jeanne that they were safe?
Could she convince Mr. Melchior to give her a second helping of pudding?
She'd have to think about those sorts of things later. For now, she should just answer the man's questions as truthfully as she could.
"U-Uhm...T-Thank you, Mr. Melchior! It was really good! M-My name's Abigail...a-and I'm eleven-years-old. " Abigail began.
"A-And well...I was hiding in your cellar because I needed a place to rest, but I was scared of meeting you. Sorry for being so sneaky...But I didn't touch anything down there, honest!"
It was a satisfactory answer; she wasn't technically lying...

"Someone..'s here," Vira had suddenly announced, and the sudden, silent tension that took hold of the room sent a chill up the young girl's spine.
Abigail hardly knew the black-haired woman, but if she was anything like her sister, anything that could draw that kind of reaction out of her must be really terrifying.

"Jeanne..." Abigail quietly said under her breath, her face filled with worry as she looked out a nearby window.
Please be okay...

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe Kallo Kallo FrostFire FrostFire Tetro Tetro
Jeanne
Jeanne was most certainly not okay.
As she sat in the bush, anxiously grinding her teeth as she watched the small group of people conversing at the mansion's main entrance, she frustratedly thought to herself, Why can't you idiots just go insiiide already!?
She'd nearly given herself away when she stepped into the clearing without noticing them there, and how she hadn't been spotted by the man and his masked companion on her way back was nothing short of a miracle.
Now she was stuck waiting in the bushes, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes as they made pleasant conversation.
Mercifully, they eventually stopped talking and walked back into the warm walls of the mansion, giving Jeanne the freedom to exit her hiding spot and make her way back to the not-so-warm walls of the mansion cellar.
She stood up from her hiding spot, and took one step into the clearing, before she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks.
Something was wrong. For some odd reason, an inexpiable feeling of dread had formed in her stomach, sinking it all the way down to her feet.
She could hear leaves rustling in the distance. Movement. Just another wolf? Someone else from the mansion?
Whatever it was, she didn't want it to see her, and so she stealthily returned to the comfort of her bush, and waited among the biting bugs and gnats to see what stepped into the clearing.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish revior revior

Last edited:
Kore Dair
When Melchoir gave the go ahead, Kore hesitated, scrutinising the spread. Once the had studied each bit of food, she ladled onto her plate a mound of greens, potatoes, mash and any veggies that were untainted by death, also picking up two large rolls of bread.
She looked over to Sera when she asked if something was wrong, and Kore looked down at her plate and then back at her before muttering "I don't eat animals.", and digging into her vegetarian plate of food.
After her first mouthful, she forgot all about the people she was surrounded with, and inhaled it as quickly as she could. She was eating as if this was the first meal she had eaten in weeks, and in many ways it was. She was used to rationing and grazing, foraging what she could and eating most of it right away, only saving and preserving what she could actually spare, which was never much.
Of course, she used to get three meals a day, but only because she was a specimen needed in good condition, an experiment they needed to keep alive so they could study it.
Barely giving her past a second thought, Kore was much too hungry to think about that kind of thing now - so hungry in fact that she barely even glanced up from her plate when Vira found a squatter, she didn't even pause eating as she took one glance at the little girl and shook her head at the question of if anyone knew her. Nor did she really pay attention to Vira and Melchoir chatting, she was soley focused on the plate in front of her and shovelling as much as she could into her without choking; everyone and everything else around her faded away.
She finished the mountain of food on her plate in record time, discreetly slipping the two rolls of bread into her bag as she helped herself to more veg and another roll of bread, this one she actually began to eat.
She began to slow down, actually able to appreciate the food now rather than just inhaling it like her like depended on it. And Sera was right, it was delicious, and probably the best food she had ever had.
About halfway through her second plate, her ears perked up when Vira mysteriously announced the presence of another, looking like she had the worst migrane on earth as she said it. And Kore wasn't one to ignore that kind of warning.
She didn't know Vira's power, but her ability to survive proved to Kore that she should stick very, very close to her - Vira was her canary in the caves as it were. If Vira became jumpy Kore would too.
Hastily, she took another few big mouthfuls of food, grabbing the last three rolls in the basket and shoving them in her bag, taking one last glorious mouthful of food before jumping up and slinging her bag back on her back; poised and ready to run or jump into action.
"Should we run?", was all she said, her face dead serious. Sera suggested warning the others, but Kore had noticed the reluctant horror in Vira's eyes. Something that set her on edge, and made her want to sprint in the opposite direction without looking back.
Sod the others, self preservation was all she cared about. And it was for exactly this that she would be keeping as close as she could to Vira, who seemed to be able to sense danger before it even pounced.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe King Crimson King Crimson @ everyone

Kale was munching away at their bark, listening to the chatter and getting to know people without having to directly interact with them. That part would come later. When they heard the word ofourlordandsaviorCthulu 'everyone' from the doctor man, they perked up. When instructed to dig in Kale just looked at the food. It was pretty fancy compared to leaves and branches. The. relatively, warm atmosphere loosened them up only enough to approach the table to snag their own bit of greens. Kale had seen food and smelt this kind of food before but was never allowed near it. The people who ran the arena would feast like this only after some of Kale's bigger fights. Kale used a fork to place some of the greens in their hand before looking down at it. It smelled like what Kale normally ate, but less bitter and cooked. It reminded Kale of young dandelions. They ate the greens and remained by Sera.

Kale wiped their hand off when Vira made a fuss the first time. A little girl that Kale hadn't seen before. She was cute though, and had some tentacle looking stuff going on. Kale looked at their hand as it slowly shifted into a small adorable octopus tentacle. "Heheheh~" Kale wiggled said tentacle, finding great amusement in it before letting it slowly shift back into a regular hand. After having their fun they went back to eating their greens, and eating some of the potatoes shortly after. Kale glanced around before putting some of the mashed potatoes on the last piece of bark they had. Trying out their little mashed potato covered bark, they just smiled contently. Upon Vira's second announcement, Kale noticed Kore and Sera becoming more serious. In response, Kale shifted in their predatory form and stepped back from the table a little, prepared for action. "Should I protect Vira?" They asked, directing the question more towards Sera. But Kale was glancing around with their eyes so orders from anyone would suffice.

Syphe Syphe Everyone Everyone

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

Dr. Melchior now realized why he had been so relaxed before; he relied heavily on Vira and her power to tell him when there was a threat. All these people, and she had been calm -relatively-, which is why he felt calm around these people. However, now, her power was flaring up, and she alerting them like a dog barking a warning that some dangerous person entered the premises. Which is exactly what seemed to be the case. He felt his own hair rise, as if mimicking the power she felt. "Th-thank you, young lady," he responded in a worried tone to the girl who praised his cooking.

He looked down at young girl, who was scarfing down the pudding. "Aha~ um.." she seemed to eat all of it. He definitely wasn't expecting that, but it made him chuckle. It would've been more charming, if he wasn't on end by what Vira had said. "Haha, you're welcome Abigail.. Wow, eleven years old, huh?" She reminded him of the young Vira when he had found the black-haired girl many years ago. He listened to her explanation for being in his cellar, giving the girl another friendly chuckle. "It is okay, little one, do not worry." This girl wasn't the one who bugged Vira, so she didn't bother him either.

A person leaped out, landing lithely in front of the mansion, the cloak noisily waving in the rush of wind from the movement. Righting herself after landing, she stared at the mansion, knowing her target was inside.

Vira felt her headache worsen. It was rare she felt danger so harshly like this. The person who had arrived was definitely not here for benevolent reasons; quite the contrary, in fact, the person was here for malevolent reasons. Which were always the worst reasons. Even still, Vira flashed Kore a glare at that stupid suggestion. She wouldn't run like a coward! Not when she needed to protect the doctor! Hearing the question, she turned to see the other person who asked that. Some weird Abnorm who she didn't know. Her brow furrowed worse in a frown. Then she rushed out of the room, to meet this person.

As Hidden was nearing the mansion, someone ran out of the front to meet her apparently. She paused midstep, blinking at the woman there.
"Hey asshole!" Vira called out. "Who the hell are you? What do you want?"
Hidden's eyes narrowed. She had no reason to answer, and definitely not to her. Vira was right about her malevolent reasons for being here; she shot forward at a burst of speed that caught Vira off guard. Dodging around the woman who outstretched her hand, she raced inside.
"Shit! No! Dammit! Get back here you cloaked bitch!"

Hidden had no intention of doing anything the woman said. Immediately inside, she could smell the delicious scent of freshly made food. She heard the clatter of dishes and the voices of people. That was most likely where her target was. Rushing forward, she entered the dinning room, giving it a quick scan. Her eyes lit up. There he was! The final brother! Sure, there was quite a few people here, but she saw them as inconsequential. She dashed forward, interrupting the nice meal, preparing to cut Dr. Melchior clean open. She heard Vira enter just behind her, screaming out as her silver hand slashed the front of the old man's chest, ripping his clothes, sending blood to splatter from the fresh wound. The old man grunted out painfully, staggering backwards after the attack.

"Dr. Melchior! Escape!" Vira called out, eyes wide and fearful as the cloaked person wounded the old man. Then she leaped over the table, tackling into the her. As he fled the room, and chaos erupted, the two wrestled for a moment, with the dark-haired woman seemingly gaining the upper-hand. Until there was a flash of silver and the cloaked woman flung Vira clean off of her in an impressive display of strength. Vira slammed into the wall, shaking a hanging shelf, sending some things falling from it to smash on the ground. One was the picture she had been looking at, falling right into her lap, the glass shattering. She took one glimpse at it, before getting up, wincing, blood leaking from her. Was that a new cut, or old reopened wounds? Didn't matter, the hooded woman was chasing after the fleeing old man.

Urgently, Vira ran after her, grabbing at Venom, yanking her sword away from Jackson. That was when she felt a surge of strength and power. Her body felt a new wave of rejuvenation swirl through it! Feeling much much much better, Vira tailed the hooded woman through the mansion. She tackled into her a few times, swiping her sword. They exchanged blows, with Vira taking the brunt of some bad hits that she couldn't avoid. Still, she was keeping the hooded woman preoccupied, for now. Clashing with her enough so Dr. Melchior could remain out of her clutches. The two fought so hard, they began cutting through walls, through the stairs, ripping up and slashing apart piece by piece of the mansion.

That didn't last long, though. Hidden glowed a bright silver, and knocked Vira clean away from her, sending her smashing her straight through a wall. Then Hidden darted after Dr. Melchior, as he reached the second floor. She caught the old man, dodging one of his blows. She raised up her hand and cut right into him, making him grunt again in pain, more blood than ever coming from him.

"NO!" Vira called out, ascending the stairs, once more tackling Hidden away from her injured target. However, this time their skirmish resulted in Vira gaining the upper-hand, dodging blow after blow this time. Venom sliced right against Hidden's arm, making her hiss and splash blood out this time. After a few exchanges where Hidden attempted to reach the injured man, that were thwarted by Vira, that ended in a few more wounds, the cloaked woman screamed out in frustration.

"AHH! Gah, enough!" Hidden's calm and collected demeanor was gone. She began to glow silver under her cloak, the flooring under her cracking, the walls shaking. Powerful winds kicked up from her, and the mansion bent, cracked, creaked, and groaned. "Get out of my way!" she shouted, launching forward, which Vira obviously stepped in the way into intervene. However, Hidden was much more powerful this time, crashing through the raven-haired woman, colliding into Dr. Melchior. Together the three launched out of the mansion breaking through the side, smashing it all to pieces as Hidden hit it fully powered. The mansion began breaking up at its foundations, shaking and quaking, with cracks spreading through it like a wildfire. Much like the base from before, it seemed this fight with Hidden would result in some devastating destruction...

The three flew out of the mansion, with Hidden landing on her feet in the grass outside, her cloak blown completely back, ripped in many places. The woman underneath exposed finally.
The old man, too, hit the ground with another loud grunt of pain, rolling in the grass.

Vira hit the ground, too, but collecting herself enough to only be temporarily dazed. Looking up, she stared right at the attacker and her heart stopped, her face going cold. The sheet she had been 'wearing' now falling completely away. No longer consciously held up by Vira, the woman focused far far too intently on the person in front of her; which now had her tattooed, marked, scarred back completely exposed, but she didn't even notice -for once. "Wh~what?.." she gasped out, not understanding what she was seeing. The woman with silver hair stared icily back at her. "I.. I don't... you.. You are..." She trembled, searching for the right words. She felt wetness on her cheeks, making her realize she was crying. She was back in her mind palace, darkness all around her. However, there before her, was two girls. The small, short, light-blonde one in a simple white dress. The voice of reason she always spoke to. Then, there, beside the tiny girl, was the woman standing before her now. Cloaked, a scowl coating her beautiful features. Gorgeous silver hair waving in the nonexistent wind. "..Ellie?" she breathed out. It couldn't be. The little girl looked to her side, then she leaned back, looking up at the grown woman beside her.

Hidden glanced over at the old man, seeing him coughing and spurting up blood. Her attacks were severe, and she knew he was done for. Turning to Vira, she narrowed her eyes. She stepped closer reaching out. "Ah... th-that's still there, then..?" She furrowed her brow, her finger extending to Vira's forehead. "Impressive, you've been with her this entire time," she murmured, tapping Vira's forehead. "Wha~?" the other woman asked out, as Hidden pulled her finger from Vira's forehead. A bright silver strand connected the two women, until it pulled away from Vira, breaking from her, and returning to Hidden.

Somehow, Vira was able to see both these things happening at the same time. Hidden taking away that silver strand, and the two girls before her in her own mind. At the moment Hidden began pulling that silver strand away, the little Ellie turned back to Vira, a horrified look on her face. "Vira?... V-Vira!?!" she called out panicking, moving towards her sister, raising up her arms to grab her. Vira moved forward, arms extended as well. Neither touched each other. Just as they were about to, the little Ellie disappeared. After which, crying desperately, Vira looked to the older Ellie, and asked, "Why..?"Hidden stared coldly at the woman.

"Ellie.. why?" Vira repeated feeling as if she had lost a part of herself. Then she looked over as she heard Dr. Melchior coughing in the grass not too far away. She turned back. "Why..? Ellie, I don't.. I don't understand, why'd you do this? Where ha-.. where have you been?! How? Ellie?!?!" Her tone was clearly frantic, and she moved forward on her knees reaching for the silver-haired woman.

"Don't follow me. There's no place for you, where I am going, Vira," she warned as coldly as she had been acting this entire time, which froze Vira in place. Turning she leaped away, disappearing into the forest.

Not Calm Not Calm FrostFire FrostFire Tall Bear Tall Bear revior revior Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Tyra Tyra ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish FrostFire FrostFire King Crimson King Crimson

Hidden

KSaoLn7.png

Last edited:
Kore Dair
Even Melchoir was getting antsy now, something Kore had a feeling he didn't do very often, and it only put her more on edge.
She hovered there, poised and ready to sprint or act... She both saw and felt the glare Vira sent her, but decided to ignore it. Kore was completely out of her comfort zone, aside from the few tendrils she had on her person, living plants were outside, and she was inside. Even then, there wasn't much she could do with grass against an attacker, she would have to run to the treeline to be at her most powerful... Her eyes darted out of the windows in the room, the treeline seemed very, very far away.
She opened her mouth, about to insist they all (including Melchoir) run for the trees, when Vira dashed out of the room.
Kore took a hesitant step back as she heard Vira shouting outside, her eyes darted to everyone in this room... She didn't like this, being in a room... It was so cramped, she could practically feel her chest tightening as the walls felt like they were closing in around her. A commotion in here would be bad, really bad.

Just as she was about to suggest they leave, again she was interrupted as a cloaked figure shot into the room. The step she took backwards was much larger this time, her arms raising slightly with her hands splayed open, but not instigating the first move.
Just as long as she was left alone, she didn't care what happened.
She could feel it in her stomach, the way this person held themselves, they were powerful. And they knew it.
Before she could even react, the hidden person was attacking Melchoir, and in her head Kore breathed a figurative sigh of relief. They weren't here for her or the group. That was good.
A split second later, Vira and the intruder were on the floor, then they were chasing after the wounded Doctor our of the room.
Processing what happened, a second later Kore muttered "Fuck it." under her breath, practically spitting it out as she wheeled around, jerking her wrist towards the window closest to her as she broke into a run; a long, thin shard of wood flying from her hand and shattering the glass, as moments later Kore jumped through, shoulder first as she shattered the rest, twisting mid air and landing on her feet and sprinting at full speed towards the treeline.

What felt like minutes later, but was only a few seconds, Kore was at the treeline, the branches practically reaching out to grab her as she was pulled up, disappearing into the leaves.
She stood on a branch, high up in one of the front trees, hidden but with a clear view of the mansion. She watched, not really caring if anyone died. Why should she? Sure, it would be sad that all her hard work on building trust and such would have gone to waste, but she didn't understand why Vira didn't just let the old man die.
How could Kore understand; she had never loved or been loved, so Vira's determination to put herself in danger mystified her.
From what she had observed, this intruder was much worse than anything they had faced so far, they made her stomach turn... One thing she and the other had in common, they always listened to their gut instinct.

Continuing to watch, Kore saw the three burst out of the house, and saw that it would be a repeat of earlier; she knew enough about structures to know this one wasn't going to stay up for much longer.
They hadn't landed far from where she was concealed, she Kore heard most of what transpired, her ears pricked up as the intruders identity became apparent. So this was Ellie, Vira certainly had powerful friends. Or enemies, Kore felt this woman was both.
When Ellie darted away from Vira, Kore crouched, the hairs on the back of her neck prickling. Her tension could almost be felt in the forest, and the air around the trees was thick with her tension, and her power, as a blurred Ellie disappeared within Kore's domain... She was fast.
Waiting a few heartbeats, Kore dropped down from her perch, and quickly approached Melchoir, looking down at him. It was obvious he was on death's door, and ever Sera wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
Looking over at Vira, Kore's eyes trained onto the other woman's back, which was only half visible from where she stood.. But on it, she saw a mark, what she could only assume was a gang mark, that was covered in scars... Kore knew more than most about scarring, and these were as if someone had tried to cut off the mark. Unsuccessfully.

Kore took a few steps towards Vira, averting her eyes and looking at the ground.
"You knew her...", she spoke softly, deciding not to mention Vira's lack of clothing. It didn't bother Kore one bit, and there were more pressing concerns right now.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Syphe Syphe @ everyone

Kevin had been looking around a fair bit after the first warning, a half glare on his face as he watched Vira bolt towards the door. Half planning on bolting off after her before having to stumble back himself, about to take the cloaked figure on before she moved with an ungodly level of speed, even for an abnorm as he quickly worked out. Along with the strong blow she did along Dr. Melchior's chest. His eyes widening for a second with the blood that splattered shortly after. Watching the clashing for a second before realizing the true danger that presented itself currently.

Glancing around quickly as Kore threw herself through the window. The mansion shaking waking him from the analyzing of the situation. Quickly grabbing Abigale, at first by the collar of her shirt before holding her in more of a cradle. Using the location of the window to predict the weakest part of the wall. Which quickly bursts into a hole about the size of a smaller doorway. An audible gasp sounding from him as he nearly stumbled and fell. Catching himself before bolting along, getting to the Woodline himself before stumbling to a stop. Carefully putting Abigale down and glancing around. His voice rough half from tension along with pain. "Don't go anywhere unless someone else from the mansion tells you to, and keep an eye out." Mostly in fear of the cloaked figure returning. A sharp pain once again taking root in his head. A hand going up to hold it for a moment, glancing back at the child before deciding against bolting back to help make sure others made it out...simply relying on the fact he left a much more viable exit from the structure which was ready to collapse. His gaze constantly shifting to watch his back though, along with making sure the child didn't bolt off.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko FrostFire FrostFire King Crimson King Crimson Syphe Syphe (@ All the others that I missed.)

Abigail
Well-meaning as they were, Dr. Melchior's words did little to alleviate Abigail's worry as she watched the front entrance with baited breath.
At first, she had feared that the presence outside was her sister, but as the figure drew closer, Abigail caught the faintest whiff of their scent, and the terrifying musk of blood and power that it carried.
Whoever it was outside, it wasn't Jeanne.
Vira left to confront the newcomer, Abigail could her angry shouting. And then suddenly, a flash of silver, a splash of red, the old man beside her fell back, and Abigail let out a shrill, fearful scream as she dove for the floor, covered her head, and shut her eyes tight, hoping to hide from the chaos erupting everywhere around her.
She refused to open her eyes, too scared of what she might see if she did, but she could hear the sounds of fighting, the smell of fresh blood being spilled, the feeling of the mansion's foundations being shaken apart.
She wanted to run away and hide, but her legs refused to cooperate.
Jeanne! Someone! Anyone! Help!! She quietly prayed, and as if to answer her, she felt the firm grip of someone's hand around her collar, and the sensation of weightlessness that came with being carried. With the sharp cracking sound of wood being splintered, she suddenly could feel the cool sensation of the outside air on her skin, and as her savior shifted her into a more comfortable position, she opened her eyes, and looked upon his face.
Kevin, if she recalled correctly. A nice, comfortable, unassuming name.

Once they made it to the treeline, Kevin gently deposited her on the ground.
"T-Thank you." She murmured, dropping to her knees as a wave of exhaustion robbed the strength from her legs. She was still in a slight daze from the dramatic turn of events, and from the pain on his face, and the stumbling in his steps, Kevin wasn't faring much better from it, which drew a pained look of concern from from Abigail's already worry-ridden face.
Kevin's command raised even more concerns for her, and it showed on her face, which widened in surprise, then turned low with bashful guilt.
"U-Um...about that..." She began, pressing her index fingers together nervously, not having the courage to meet the boy's gaze.
"There's something that I didn't mention earli-huh?"
Her confession was cut short by an all-too-familiar scent catching her attention, followed by an all-too-familiar form lunging out from a particularly large thicket, and an all-too-familiar voice roaring with a vicious, violent rage.

Jeanne
"RAAAAAAAAAGH!!!" Jeanne bellowed, as she charged from the obscuring cloak of the bushes and blindsided the man with a furious, full-bodied tackle that sent them both tumbling to the ground in a frenzied heap. She wasted no time, trapping his body between her legs to keep him pinned to the ground, and wrapping her right hand around his throat to keep his head still. As she raised her monstrous, muscular mass of a left arm high above her head in preparation to bury her claws deep into the confines of the skull beneath her, her red eyes boring down on Kevin like a pair of burning hot coals, she viciously snarled "Where do you think you're going with my sister, asshole!?," exposing malevolent, razor-sharp teeth.
As she reared her arm back, adjusting her aim to deliver a fatal blow, Abigail, who had fallen back in surprise at her sister's sudden appearance, frantically cried,
"Jeanne, wait! Stop! It's not what you think!!"

Kallo Kallo

Last edited:
Kevin looked back over eventually as he heard Abigale starting to speak, along with avoiding his gaze, a slight look of concern on his face, though it was quickly turned into a pained grunt as he was blindsided by what felt like a cannonball slamming into his side. His vision easily being filled with stars as he hit his head a few times, on top of the stress he had already put on himself with the breaking of the wall. His arms instinctually trying to free themselves to cover his head from the muscular mass as it seemed to ready for the blow. The words registering a few seconds after they where spoken. Along with the red eyes boring down with an intensity normally seen in either parents, or guardians. His mind struggling to put together a coherent sentence with the pain and the fear which worked its way into his mind. "Y-Your sister, would have died if I hadn't made sure to get her out of the building, seeing as the things ready to fall to pieces... So take a moment to calm down if you would and realize, I'm not trying anything that your mind might be conjuring."
While he, also started to ready to deflect the blow with a telekinetic blow, even if it would only be to the side, though he could tell already that it would be preferred if he could get her to calm down without using his abilities any more than he already had in the past hour.

Vira

fxeOZRw.png

Vira slumped back, sitting on her legs in the grass, trying to make sense of what had just transpired. Though she was naked, the breeze that blew over her body didn't draw a reaction from her; she was too far lost in thought. Ellie?!?! Was alive?!?! But how..? But how!? In her mind, Vira recalled the last time she saw her sister. A little blonde girl fighting in a burning, collapsing building, urging her to escape. Begging her to escape. Which, naturally, she did. Only for that burning building to fold in on her, resulting in her death.

Or at least, that's what Vira thought happened. How?? How had Ellie survived that?!? And.. and why? Why did she disappear, after having survived that?? Surely Ellie could've found her before now.. Surely.

Thinking about the 'Ellie' that Vira knew all this time, she tried to draw up that little girl that she spoke to in her psyche. Appearing in that dark place within her mind, she looked around, calling for Ellie. Then the dark-haired woman called for real. 'Ellie! Ellie!'

Ellie! Ellie!
Ellie! Ellie!

That dark place echoed callously; the voice, nay, the entire place reverberating so lonely. She shivered finally, arms raising up, hands grabbing herself. She felt it again. The cold, dark grip of loneliness. It reminded her of the first time she awoke after losing Ellie to that burning building. That was the time she called the 'Ellie' in her mind to her. However, this time no such 'Ellie' answered the call.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, as Vira sobbed. Then she heard guttural coughs beside her. Those snapped the woman back to this reality, causing her to glance over. Quickly she rushed to Dr. Melchior's side, grabbing at him, pressing her hands to him, blood bubbling from wounds in his chest. She hadn't realized just how bad they were. "Dr. Melchior, Dr. Melchior!!.." was all Vira could gasp out, her face clouded with horror, fear, anguish, and a myriad of other emotions she couldn't handle at the moment. Pressing down hard on one wound, she attempted to stop the bleeding, but knew it was pointless -that didn't stop her from panickedly pressing down on it.

He coughed more, spitting up blood, his hand going to hers to clutch it. Eyes barely open he looked up at her. "Vira, my dear..." he began in a choked voice, coughing more. It was evident he was struggling to speak. Yet he persevered. Clinging desperately to her hand, making it go white, he said, "it is my time. I can feel it." Seeing her bawling, he tried to calm her, "Dear, dear, settle down... I'm an old man, I was already getting close.-"

"-You had so much time left!" Vira refuted, getting a word in edgewise, only for him to cut her off.

"-Stop it. *koff koff* V-Vira, nhngh! L-listen to me, my girl. The man, i-in that picture.. His name is Eisawa Escaflowne, and he is your father. I knew him when I was younger; he is..." Dr. Melchior shuddered, coughing up more blood. He could feel his time quickly approaching. He lamented this whole thing, wishing he had told her of her father long ago. But he had been selfish.. so selfish. Now the time... he didn't have it. 'I'm sorry, Vira, forgive me.' So he carried on at a quicker pace. "Th-the woman, y-your sister... Ellie... d-d-don't be ughhhg! *koff koff* don't b-be too tough on her for this.. she.. she... " He squeezed her hand tighter, clenching his eyes shut. "She doesn't know.. she isn't on the right path.. P-p-please Vira, you m-must.. Ugghhhh must help her! I.. " His eyes flew open, staring straight up at her. Then the light drained from them, and his body quite shuddering. He was still.

"Dr. Melchior?!?! Dr. Melchior?!?! DAD!!?! DAD!! DADDDDD!!" Vira screamed, shaking him. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" she released out a blood-curdling scream, collapsing on top of him, crying ever harder. "N-no.. no... *sob sob* y-you were my father... *sob sob*"

After a moment of weeping, she leaned back up, eyes red and puffy, with tear-stained cheeks. "Ellie...~ I'm coming for you," she growled. Finally. She acknowledged the other person there, turning to her side, glancing at her, with angry, exhausted, and sorrowful eyes. "Short answer: yes."

Not Calm Not Calm FrostFire FrostFire Tall Bear Tall Bear revior revior Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Tyra Tyra ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish FrostFire FrostFire King Crimson King Crimson littleberry littleberry

Hidden/Ellie

KSaoLn7.png

Fleeing the scene, Hidden, or rather Ellie, skid to a halt in the woods a good distance away. Still, she could feel it. As Dr. Melchior passed away, she felt the resulting burst from him. "Nnnnhn!!~Ahhh!" the silver-haired woman moaned, as the burst of X energy released from his dying body. It hit her, and her body shuddered in a pleasure that was indescribable. It caused her to stop completely, enduring it, as if she was being bombarded with an attack. Finally, the absorbing of the X energy was over, and she fell to her knee. "A-ahhh... Ooo.. tha-that was even better than the previous doctor..." she mused.

After it had subsided, with even more power coursing through her veins, she leaped out of the forest, sailing over it, silver making her veins glow. She shot over the forest like a shiny silver star. However, when she landed once more, she staggered, and her eyes rolled. Absorbing the power finally making her completely crash, something akin to a sugar rush. Ellie fell over, passing out.​

Jeanne & Abigail
The pleading words of the man beneath her did little to change Jeanne's mind; but the subtle glance she took over in her sister's direction, that familiar look on Abigail's face that hurt Jeanne more than anything else in the world, It was enough to make her hesitate.
She was scaring her again, wasn't she?
With a sharp exhale passing through her nose, she adjusted her grip on her straddled prey's neck, instead wrapping her hands around his collar, and forcibly lifting him up to a near-sitting position.
"I saw you creepin' into the house through the upstairs window earlier. Last I checked, most folks would use the front door if they were invited in," she said in a low whisper, her red eyes still narrowed into distrustful slits, and her claw hovering just beside the flesh of his forearm, out of sight, but ever-present as a threatening warning.
"A couple hours later, another one of your little friends runs in, all hell breaks loose in that house, and then you come runnin' out here with my little girl in your arms. You expect me to believe tha-"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
A sudden, agonized cry ringing out from outside of the mansion walls tore Jeanne away from her impromptu interrogation, and as she wheeled her head towards it's direction, a great, silver comet erupted from the treeline, and Jeanne nearly snapped her own neck, watching it sail away with awestruck wonder.
We've gotta get out of here. She thought to herself, turning her head to look back towards Abigail, only to find an empty space where she had once been.
"Mr. Melchior! Vira!" She heard Abigail fitfully cry out behind her, and she turned to find her sister running back towards the mansion.
Jeanne unceremoniously released Kevin from her grip, and charged off after her, completely forgetting that the boy even existed in the panic to stop her kin from doing something that may put her in danger.
"H-Hey! Abby! Wait!!"

Abigail rushed through the trail with all of the speed she could muster. She could hear her sister behind her, shouting at her to stop, but Abigail was far too driven to go back, to see that everyone was okay, that Dr. Melchior, and Vira would be alive and well.
Instead, she burst into the clearing, and saw Vira kneeling over the kind, old man's lifeless corpse, and she immediately not doing as she was told, and staying put in the forest.
The miserable sight forced the poor girl to shut her eyes as tears overwhelmed her vision, and cover her mouth with her hands in a futile effort to muffle her sobs.
She turned her head away from the scene, and found familiar arms waiting to wrap around her, and a familiar shoulder for her to cry on, as Jeanne finally caught up to her, and knelt down to put her in a consoling hug.

Jeanne looked on at the travesty, concern and absolute confusion the only things written on her face.
What the fuck is going on around here!?

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Kallo Kallo FrostFire FrostFire littleberry littleberry Iamthemanfish Iamthemanfish ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Tyra Tyra Kiroshiven Kiroshiven revior revior Tall Bear Tall Bear Not Calm Not Calm

Kore Dair
Kore could only watch as Vira broke down. Was this man really so valuable to her that she would be so hurt over his death? Kore couldn't understand it. She had never had such a person in her life, even the other, who was much more emotional than she, had only given the deaths of people fleeting thoughts.
Regardless, Kore decided it was best to play along. Pretending to cry was too much effort, but her expression twisted into a pained grimace, faintly echoing the pain she saw on Vira's face as the scene in front of her played out.
This is what empathy was, wasn't it? The only empathy Kore knew was for herself, and anything she mirrored from the faces of others onto her mask. She even managed to squeeze out a long tear when Vira screamed, only jumping a little, startled because she hardly expected something so... Dramatic.
Knowing at least a little about Vira's personality, Kore was very careful that her expression showed no pity, but when Vira finally acknowledged her, her lips pursed into a thin line of worry.
"Do you..." She hesitated, knowing this had worked on others but wasn't sure how Vira would react. "Do you need a hug?" She finished, speaking softly and calmly, mild sorrow straining at her vocal chords, her arms opening slightly.
Once when a woman's husband had died, the other Kore had given her a hug, and in return the woman had given her food, so she knew that this sort of thing worked with normal people when they were like this... But Vira? Kore had no idea how that woman would react, which is probably what made it so exciting for her. There was never a dull moment around Vira, and despite the risk Kore was enjoying the entertainment of being around her. Not that anyone would know that of course, she was a perfect actress, all the Doctors thought so~
"Heehee~" The little girl giggled, grinning as she played with the branches of her miniature tree, which waved around as if they were locks of hair in the wind, unnaturally fluid for a plant. The child crowed and cackled innocently as she waggled and waved her fingers and the tiny branches moved to the movement of her fingers. It was brilliant fun for her, she loved playing with trees - and the delight on her face showed as much.
But as much as she was enjoying herself, this was all part of something bigger... Yes, she had a plan, one that had been in the works for days now.
She heard them telling her to stop, but she ignored it, ignored the cold, emotionless voice getting annoyed. It was funny, he always sounded so cold but he could get annoyed at her. Kore wondered if she ripped him apart, whether his blood would be just as warm as everyone else's or if it would be cold.
She supposed there was only one way to find out.
Continuing to play with the tree, she heard noises behind her, the noises of someone or several someone's behind the door to her room, but she pretended not to hear it. She was oh-so very good at pretending! They never knew, never learnt. They were stupid.
The door slid open, but she ignored it, ignored the hesitant footfalls behind her, ignored it..... Just a little longer....
Suddenly, her hands splayed out, and the branches of the tree immediately became blurred whips as they shot behind her and she heard the screams of agony as the two men behind her were impales by the tiny javelins that twisted and hooked around inside their bodies, worming around as the branches latched on like a parasitic leech or worm.
Still giggling innocently, she sat up and spun around, her eyes wide and lips peeled back as her maniacal laughter reverberated around the room, her face disturbingly delighted as she made the branches rip them apart, piece by piece.
Yes, a very good actress indeed.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Last edited:
Despite the obvious warnings of impending danger, Sera still could never have expected a mysterious cloaked lady, a murderer hidden beneath, to come barging in amongst the large number of people around the table. She was already standing by the time the kind host gave out a pained grunt, blood splattering on the now ruined food. Vira came running, doing her best to shake off the intruder. The fight was so brutal, and the host suffered major injuries but any more people coming in may backfire. If this person jumped in so confidently, she was either insane or insanely powerful. In either case, the area needs to be cleared and distance gained. With much urgency, she helped Kaia move away to one of the side walls and asked Kale to stay by Kaia and stay safe. By now, the ice had melted away, with only a strange mix of numbing and dulled pain reminding her of her current crippled condition.

In the past, most of their encounters involved more than one enemy. With this in mind, Sera stayed on alert in case any more ambushes were planned for them.

However, it seems that wasn't the case. This attacker had only one goal it seemed, and that was to kill the doctor. Once that goal was accomplished, she will leave. And accomplish she did. The unfortunate doctor did not appear to have any sort of armor to mitigate the attacks. Even with Sera's ability, the man had lost a significant amount of blood. His age didn't help either. She gritted her teeth at the feeling of being unable to do what her only ability is made for. Even if Vira hadn't been the best of people, she still felt immense sadness for her. No matter who a person is, the event of losing important people still leaves a significant mark. A sharp blade that no band aid will ever be able to fix. As Vira held the doctor's last moments in her arms, Sera watched quietly.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko
Tetro Tetro
Tyra Tyra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back