• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Dark Trade

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

Navigation:
IC
OOC
CS

e2d46cc26fe448e7b6fb1fad59e6943c.png

BackstoryThe action takes place in the year 1212 G.T. (Galactic Time,) that is counted ever since humanity first achieved faster-than-light travel, in the year 2061. In other words, it is year 3229 after Christ. Shortly after 2060, the Earth became a planet of pure industrialism and pollution. It is very ironic, as Isaac Newton himself speculated that it would happen at this exact date, while many 'scientists' "debunked" this theory. It could have no longer been denied that due to being inhospitable: humanity needed a new home. Each country built its own ships that traveled to different planets and set up separate colonies. All thanks to a newly invented Faster-Than-Light travel system. This was year 1 G.T.

Somewhere in the year 199 G.T. all of the colonies once again made contact and after another 50 years of complex politics, built a galaxy-spanning empire, called The Galactic Federation. Some of them remained independent for quite a time, only to join at a later date, or be conquered via various means. In years from 250 to 750, the Galactic Federation greatly expanded, assimilating small, pocket alien empires that were barely just arising and thus claiming the whole milky way galaxy to be a part of the new, human supremacy.

The thing that caused the galaxy to go sideways was probably the appearance of Psykers in the year 925. An event called The Great Storm took place. A storm of radiation, an after-effect of the Big Bang came through the galaxy like a malignant cloud. It disabled all space travel for over 10 years, but the most interesting impact of it is the effects it had on some sentient creatures. It forced evolution on some adapted individuals in certain species and permanently altered the genome of all life in the galaxy. Some beings were born on random with the so-called Psykic Powers, due to parts of their brain evolving a new pocket that was responsible for controlling the tides of reality by using sheer mental strength. This, in turn, caused a Civil War between Psykers and the unevolved and unaffected side for 17 years, before signing a peace treaty and hopefully, for once, achieving tranquility.

Nowadays, the galaxy stands more divided than ever. Although you can't exactly tell due to heavy propaganda, the Galactic Federation is slowly falling apart. Its politicians become more and more inept every day, and in the early 1150's, a new theme in "space culture" surfaced. It is usually called Dark Trade, because of its... unpleasant effects. Criminals, bounty hunters, bandits, corrupt government officials. It's all common now and the capitalism of the Federation gives little attention for it, trying to maintain a steady income of everything it can find, so the rich aristocratic bureaucrats can gorge themselves with exclusive, exotic butters and meats.

Tell me about our story, now.Our story begins on the newly discovered backwater planet, on the edges of the milky way. Voyrillia, as it is called, was discovered in the early 1st millennium G.T, and was quickly colonized. Its prominent attraction? Large cities full of crime. Imagine New York but in space. It was only natural that the Dark Trade would emerge here very quickly. There are several hits on famous, or rich people that messed with the wrong, different rich and famous person. This type of war of attrition between the powerful attracted a herd of bounty hunters seeking to make an easy credit and then indulge in the great entertainment the world could provide. While rich bureaucrats sat in nice, cozy office rooms, criminals and gang members fought over dominance down on the streets. Of course, then there's the peaceful office worker or farmer that just try to get by. The police force of the planet has their hands busy with work trying to stop all of the chaos.

There are rumors of an alien conspiracy and military experiments on the planet, but these are just rumors, right?

If you want an experience of a lifetime, full of madness and hilarious greed, you're in the right place.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
Isaac Newton

Overview:
Human culture has declined somewhat, but people still have fancy pictures and "rituals," but religion is overall not present, at least in most humans. Some of them believe in Gods, but it is usually the youthful alien races that are naive enough to believe in deities despite a lack of evidence.

The technology differs from planet to planet, but seeing someone wield a plasma pistol that uses hydrogen gas mags isn't uncommon, similar stuff goes for devices that generate a gravitic shield, etc.

Genetical modifications aren't all that uncommon, but you will rarely see them from a gang member. It is usually the Federation soldiers that can afford profitable changes to their DNA and usually, only the Federation has the equipment to do so. Seeing a Black Market offer of genetical modifications isn't uncommon, but such procedures are much riskier, less profitable and less effective than proper mods given by the Galactic Federation.

Cybernetical modifications are also pretty common. Most people prefer to replace their lost arm with a cybernetic one, than go through the risk of DNA degradation and other suspicious procedures via the black market. Not to mention, they are more affordable in general. For an example, you could have a cybernetical modification that replaces your lost eye, but you could have one that enhances it beyond what you could naturally do.

An individual who uses psionic/psychic powers is called a Psychic, or a Psyker. All of the words are synonymous.
The psionic levels are measured in PL's (Psionic Levels) and their measurements go like this:

(Minus) 1-10PL's: A differing level of resistance to psychic attacks and manipulations. A psionic blank that sucks psychic energy into itself like a black hole.
0: No psychic powers. Unaffected by changes to the tides of psionic energy and thus incapable of experiencing things like 'deja vu' or having that subconscious feeling that something bad will happen.
1-4: Average human. No psychic powers. May manifest as subconscious information, like having a bad feeling about some situation, like something bad will happen, but you aren't sure of it.
5-6: No psychic potential, but some psionic changes to the brain are present. May manifest as increased luck due to the brain psychically calculating likelihood of outcomes and sending it to the consciousness as urging subconscious knowledge. Does not allow for true manifestations of actual "powers."
7-8: Actual psychic powers of small degree. Limited telepathy, telekinesis, pyromancy and other such phenomena.
9-11: High levels of psychic power that allow for differing amounts of manipulation. Telepathy, telekinesis, pyromancy, biomancy, and divination.
12-15: Very high psychic potential. At this point, an individual alone can pose a threat to a large company of troops. Potent powers, regeneration. It is possible to attain very high longevity and perhaps immortality. It is very hard for even an alien brain to process all of the psychic information contained in it, so all individuals seem slightly derived psychologically in some way.
16-20: 20 is the largest ever recorded psychic level, at which point, an individual can create new lifeforms out of thin air, affect weather on a global scale, smite large tanks with the flick of a wrist and crush them with a hand gesture, only to throw them at squads of troops effortlessly. It is confirmed that not even alien nervous systems are capable of handling any level of psychic power above 16 and go insane in some way.
Disclaimer: 16-20 are only fluff and may not be used by roleplayers for balancing reasons.

Rules
:
  1. I am always right.
  2. If I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. No interspecies breeding. A human having a child with a goat doesn't produce a goat-humanoid. It produces a half-living genetical abomination. Think the story will be different with aliens?
  4. Don't be a dick.
  5. RPN rules apply.
  6. No one liners. I want at least a small paragraph for each post.
Roles and Plot Overall:
You can be anyone you want. From a member of the police force, military, gang member, psychic, a civilian, or a dangerous bounty hunter. All that's needed is that you have a reason to get mixed up in the affairs of the Dark Trade.

I advise all characters have a pre-determined goal, because there won't be any strict plot to this. Think of this as an extremely bizarre, dangerous and action-packed adventure in space. It isn't a slice of life, but it is player driven.

He had arrived. Voyrillia, a newly discovered planet. Xix was mildly interested in learning more about it but his concern was more fixed upon the new specimen that had was said to be on this planet.

Along with the new planet, a new species with a certain talent had been discovered. A talent that Xix had invested much of his time researching. This species had a naturally high psionic level. Xix spent much of his time looking into Psykers but the most he could do was build a resistance to their powers so far. Unfortunately his species lacked any mental faculty altogether. Hopefully this new species could help him better understand the mystery of Psychic abilities.

Xix pushed open the top of his ship, having safely parked it and stepped out onto the docking point. Even now the place was abuzz, filled to the brim with all manner of species. Quite a few he recognized and had studied. He had learned almost all of what he could learn from them and was no longer interested. Instead, Xix drew up a map from his Bracelet and started towards his destination.

Alone... Never before had Titus felt this emotion in such intensity, than when he did upon arriving on Voyrillia. For almost a year, the crusader ran from the Government that he had so loyally served. Well Until that last mission. He didn't know whether or not his team had been found, or if they were alive for that fact. The crowds of the spaceport moved chaotically, making the renegade Super Soldier uncomfortable. It's for the best... it'll only improve me... what the fuck did I just step in?! He thought making his way out into the city itself. "Now to get in on this Dark Trade everyone kept talking about." He said to no one in particular, making his way out into the street. It was a good thing he blended in so well, with the Xenos and Mercs all about, none would be the wiser. At least he hoped...

Jack Rosenthal
A man entered his house, locking the sealed magnetic door behind himself. He wore a black business suit and a red tie. He was fat, but not to the point of extreme obesity and had a beard and elegant glasses. Clearly a member of the upper class, the man strolled into his living room and yelled: "Honey, I'm home!" He looked down the railing that led into another room, only to see his daughter and wife tied up in chairs. Their mouths were gagged. The man was shocked, terrified even. He ran down the stairs towards the two and took off the gag of his wife's mouth. "Who did this? Sweetheart?!" There was much worry in his eyes.

The woman yelled: "RUN. HE'S IN HERE! IT'S A TRAP!"

The fat bureaucrat looked back into the dark corner of the room. All he saw was one of his favorite leather chairs... someone was sitting on it. The only thing discernible about the figure was the down-faced red, holographic triangle on their mask. The man clad in black power armor pulled the light-switch of the lamp next to him, revealing himself sitting on the chair in a very comfortable position. His legs were in an European leg-cross, whilst his right arm held a unique pistol. It was large, clearly of a different caliber than most self-protection handguns. It lied in his hand reflexively and looked to have good balance, but was still heavy.

And then, the bounty hunter spoke in a fairly amused tone: "Good day. Mr. Connagher. Head, or tails?" The bounty hunter took a coin from his leather sack. It was an artifact of old Earth. That kind of thing could be sold for a lot of dope. Jack had the money as a memento of one of his targets. "W-What? What are you doing in here? Who are you? How do you know who I am?" The Bounty Hunter patiently waited for him to finish his rapid questions, only to respond: "I asked you a question first, so you're obliged to answer. Do so, now." The large man argued back in anger: "No! This is an intrusion! Do you know who I am and what I will do to you!? If you wanted to kill yourself, there are easier ways to die than this!" Jack politely answered: "Such as talking back to the man with the 15-milimeter handgun aimed toward you. A bounty hunter, at that."

The man of clearly upper class became terrified. "Who pays you?! I promise I can offer you more! I'LL GIVE YOU AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU WANT, JUST DON'T KILL ME!" Jack sighed: "Mr. Connagher. I am a Bounty Hunter. You, as well as your wife and even your daughter. You are all wanted dead. If I didn't complete this in exchange for money, I would have no integrity. No one would ever rely on giving me as a bounty hunter again. I will be forced to decline." Jack stood up, with his legs relaxed. This was a clear sign of experience. He was expecting that Connagher had security systems that could call in security, but that knowledge only made Jack more and more narcissistic than he was because he thought he knew every right move on the chessboard.

"Now, I'd like to play a game with you. I have an old coin from the Old Earth with me, a memento of a friend. I will throw it, and the outcome will decide who I kill. Whichever side of the coin you choose will represent you. If that side of the coin falls, you will die. If the other falls, your wife will die. I don't have the heart to kill children, as much as the bastard politician who gave me this job reminded me to ensure to do so. Therefore your daughter gets a free pass from this." Jack slowly walked step after step towards Connagher. The man was in shock and stepped back as Jack approached, whilst his wife was still tied: "Please, don't do this. We didn't do anything." She was in tears. "The victims of your way to life beg to differ. During the last six months, over one thousand people died from refrain overdose. It is your family, your business that spreads this drug over the whole planet. I don't offer a chance to live. I offer repentance."

Connagher and his wife were both crying from fear. The little girl that was tied to Ms. Connagher was still unconscious. The fat man pissed his pants.

Jack started to laugh. "FUFUHAHAHAHA! I DIDN'T ACTUALLY THINK THIS WOULD BE SO GOOD! Oh, my god! that was golden." He coldly said, while laughing. Jack shot Connagher in the head like he was nothing, whilst shoving the coin back in his pouch. "See? This is why I love my job. This is what I live for! Later? The police will find his body. He'd have cried and pissed himself. That's what the autopsy report will say." Jack laughed again. Ms. Connagher protested against Jack: "Y-You're insane! You suffer from insanity! You need help!"

Jack aimed the pistol at her face, from the direction of her chin. "I hardly suffer from insanity, honey. I enjoy every moment of it. By the way, your daughter didn't do shit - I lied to make you feel fear. I'll leave her alive, but not you. My employer made it clear to kill both of you." "Oh, oh my god! No, please, no!" The woman started to shake and struggle, trying to free herself from the ties. In just a second, Jack packed a bullet in her head, saying: "Bang." He walked up to the tied daughter of the Connaghers and using a combat knife, he cut her ties.
Jack left the building, only to make his way back to the port. His mask's scanning system acted on its own and noticed someone in the crowd.

Name: [REDACTED]
Psionic Level: -10
Other Information Redacted
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WANTED: No
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SYSTEM NOTES: May be worth investigating.

"Huh? Oh, a black hole guy." Jack walked up to Titus, then said: "Dark Trade, right? Also known as how to make money as a scumbag and menace to society. Well, then. What's up? I'm Jack, your local bounty hunter, and the biggest scumbag of them all... probably... probably not... maybe. I don't know." The man in black power armor offered a handshake to the fellow supersoldier gone rogue, a fact that he didn't even know yet. He did not feel even slightly put off by Titus, due to not even being able to sense psychic waves.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Little did Jack know, the two of them were being observed by an alien that held a particular interest in psychic powers, and possibly a huge absence of thereof that caused anomalies, like Titus'.
NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

Titus stared at the armoured man for a moment making several mental assessments before responding. By the way he carries himself screams years of military training. Yet his demeanor tells me he's being truthful, as much as this man unnerves me. Still, it'd be best to remain friendly for the time being. He thought grasping the armour clad man's hand in a firm handshake. "Possibly. Of course the allure of cash does sound good. Titus, Renegade super soldier." He said the last last part in a joking manner, although in actuality was far from a lie. "Now where the hell can I get a drink in this place?"

Birdsie Birdsie

Jack Rosenthal
S-Supersoldier? Jack momentarily faded into silence. "Yeah, Dio's bar is just next to the exit. I often visit there," Jack pointed his thumb in the direction behind himself, then continued: "Renegade super soldier, huh? That makes both of us. But I'm not really that much of a renegade. I was never officially enlisted because I destroyed the facility I was vat grown in before I hit puberty. Needless to say, their little plan of an army of super soldiers was a fiasco." Jack walked alongside Titus, feeling a bond to the man. It was amazing how small this world was. One day, you're being picked on by nasty aliens only for another alien to save you from them and train you as a bounty hunter prodigy of his, the other; You meet a man that has a similar backstory to you.

"What planet are you from? Unless they never told you, that is. I'm from Apollyon Secundus." Jack's voice was relaxed, even moderately joyful. Same went for his body language. He strolled forward with a large, open, and confident walking style that made the people before him step aside in awe of the equipment the two men had. Jack paid them no attention, he was glad that the rest knew their place was beneath him... them.

"So you were part of Project Hydra... Interesting." He replied looking the bounty hunter over. "Of course Only my team was privy to the info. And by that I mean, I hacked into the Database when I was 17." To say the least, Titus was impressed with the clone. Not only did he come from the batch that was a success, but destroyed the facility when he was around 15. Surprisingly, he felt a kinship to the stranger, despite just meeting minutes ago. "As for where I'm from... Tell me, Are you familiar with Bishop Rings?" He asked giving the bounty hunter an Idea where this was going. "I was born on Installation 073, 677 out of 700 children. While technically not vat grown, our embryos were subjected to countless modifications. But I digress. Now about that bar?"

Birdsie Birdsie

As he walked, beak in his hologram map, Xix couldn't help overhear a conversation between two men with full body armor. Offhandedly he noticed they were two different styles so it wasn't a uniform. Probably. At first he had little interest in the conversation until one mentioned 'modifications'. Xix's ears perked of their own accord in his interest. It might not have anything to do with Psykers, but any useful modification is worth knowing. Xix absolutely adored learning about genetic modifications.

He didn't approach the pair just yet, instead following them. It wasn't out of his way. They were leading him to the warehouse the Psyker Xix bought anyway.

Last edited:
Jack Rosenthal
Jack led Titus into the bar around the corner. Jukebox music played inside. A large neon sign blared as they walked in, that said: 'Dio's Bar'

There were many beings inside. Human and alien alike. "Bishop Rings, hm. I've heard that somewhere. Yeah." Jack sat down next to the counter, just beside a weird squid-like alien with 3 eyes on the end of 3 stubby appendages. The squidling made a few weird sounds, then left. Jack hit the counter with his hand. As soon as he rose it back, one could see two hundred galactic credits laying in place. "I'll have the usual, as for my friend," Jack turned to Titus. "What will ya have?"

A huge, alien woman, around 3 meters tall. She had blue skin and cat-like eyes turned sideward. She had two horns and black, messy hair, with the clothing you'd expect from a human barmaid in the modern era. It was clear that the owner was a human. She took the money and placed two glasses on the counter, pouring a Classic Albionian into the glass for Jack, then a few drops of a weird, caramelized fluid. Then, she put a very long straw into the drink. Jack drank via several miniature holes in his mask, not taking it off. He soon commented: "Can't reveal my face to random gangsters in this bar. Chances are, about as many people want me dead as I killed, so taking off the only thing that will take a sniper bullet in the back of the head for me isn't the best idea. Forgive me for not talking to you face to face, maybe another time when I'm not working." Jack took a pack of smokes. Sandpaper cigarettes, to be exact. Redwoods weren't common on Voyrillia and ordering them from off-planet would be expensive for Jack, so he had to smoke less reliable and tasty alien brands. He took a lighter from the left pouch on his belt and put the cigarette in one of the other miniature holes, lighting it.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

"Bourbon with a splash of Cherry Liqueur." He said to the Barmaid, his own helmet's face-plate retracting to reveal his scarred pale visage. "Not an issue for me. I'm completely unknown." he added knocking back the amber liquid. He could feel the all too pleasant burn of the liqueur, as he released a sigh through his nose. "Sandpaper cigarettes? Let me guess, it's the lacerations on the esophagus along with the nicotine that has ya hooked." Titus said with a smirk. "So lets talk business. I need a job, and a place to lay low. You have connections and a lay of the land. Think you can help a soldier out?" He added the soldier part jokingly.

Birdsie Birdsie

The alien barmaid poured several liquids into the other glass, from the various bottles she picked up from under the counter and soon, both of the men could enjoy their drinks.

Jack, upon Titus' remark, dismissed it with a short chuckle. "Nah. They don't fit my taste. I like redwoods, but you won't buy them on this planet without paying a fortune for the off-planet transpiration fees. Honestly, it's kind of a pain in the ass, but I try to avoid complaining. Also, you're pretty damn educated. Impressive language, I mean." Jack put the sandpaper cigarette back into the hole of his mask, as he listened to Titus.

"Sure. Your go-to place for any jobs is the Exodus Regime. The main bonus for you is that they go easy on newbies, but don't expect a high pay. Still, they are the second best thing if you can't find a good employer, temporary contract, or any other mission like that. As for weapons; Hellsing Arms are the best. They have everything a bounty hunter like me, or even you needs. From weapons to vehicles, gadgets, technology, armor. They even offer cybernetic enhancements and crude genetical procedures. They've got everything, and the prices aren't that bad either too!"

Jack unholstered his 15mm MS Pistol, then showed it to Titus. "This beauty will kill anything that doesn't wear armor with a single shot to the torso. They won't even know what hit them. And if they have armor? All you need is ammo with a little more stopping power, like this." Jack took a full metal jacket with a diamantine tip and showed it to Titus. "Diamantine tip. It will go through anything and then shatter into fragments as it pierces the inner skin layer. A shot like that stings, mate." He holstered the two back into their places, as the people in the bar were all getting nervous with the weapon show-off.

Reaching over his right shoulder, Titus removed from the mag-plate on his back, the compact rifle, setting it on the counter. "Crusader Standard Issue, GSM-45 RAC. Fires a .45mm electromagnetic slug made up of cobalt at high velocity, shredding body armour and the victim beneath it like a mono-molecular blade through people." He said holding up one of the rounds. "Best part is, the weapon is Modular, meaning it has limitless capabilities depending upon the mods. Fires an average of 2000 rounds per minute, with a 50 round magazine. As of now, mine is kinda vanilla, only sporting the basics such as Extended mag and recon scope." He said with pride, before knocking back the rest of his drink.
After several glasses of bourbon, and discussing the merits of their gear, along with the perks of working for who and buying from where, Titus decided it was time to make himself known to the Exodus Regime, and get a few jobs.

Birdsie Birdsie

8d96c895-f9c5-4aad-a83c-253ffb77c154.png
thd9b3a729.gif
thd9b3a729.gif

Humans compared to Chordatians are dull. Their skin contains no pattern and are mostly one tone in the variation of brown. Dull. Nonetheless, Sueckra wanted one. There's nothing more rewarding, according to Sueckra, than having trophies, live trophies, to represent one's accomplishments. Back in Chordate, Voyrillia was all the talk. Voyrillia this. Voyrillia that. At first, she was annoyed by all this endless talk. That was until an idea hit her; why should she settle with just Chordatians as her trophy wives and husbands when she could have a human husband or a Sadou wife? With these thoughts swirling in her mind, it is no wonder Sueckra came to Voyrillia.

The water within her gill chambers vibrated. Was she nervous? Perhaps. The cephalopod limbs about her waist curled and uncurled in anxiety. At this point, it was obvious. Anyone would feel uneasy within a new environment. But Sueckra refused to admit this. She stomped her non-cephalopod limb against the dock and force the tentacles about her waist to straighten out, then she curled her limbs slightly higher in the front than in the back simulating a hi-lo skirt she saw in an intergalactic magazine.
thd9b3a729.gif
thd9b3a729.gif
Her lower cephalopods gave one last squeeze about her waist, almost like a comforting hug, and she walked onward.

It was only a matter of seconds until a large masculine creature caught her eye. If she was not mistaken, he was a Sadou. Sadly, she wasn't completely certain; she's only seen female Sadous in fashion magazines. She's heard they're pretty mindless. Welp, let's give him a try... she approached the gray scaled monstrous being nonchalantly. "Leg's mage ahg wager," Her eyes were large, and there weren't any pupils to guide anyone as to where she was looking. They have a natural, thin outer film; it prevents dryness and provides general protection needed in and out of water. Sueckra breathed excitedly using the bubble of water stored within her, her enlarged gill chambers. She was so excited, it never crossed her mind that she spoke very poorly the common language of trade. She cocked her head slightly and asked, "Whag isg ig youg desiregr?"

((Sueckra speaks from her gills, so the g's represent the bubbling sound as she speaks. NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 ))

Jack Rosenthal
"Impressive," Jack commented on the rifle. "You said it was a standard issue? So you were tactical?" Jack turned to his drink again...

Some time passed. Jack and Titus have been conversing for quite a while.
"Welp, I'm good to go. Got a job to do, gotta do it right. See you around, Titus." Jack got up from the seat, then made his way over to the exit, whence from he walked down the street.

Before walking even 10 meters, two thugs assaulted him. One of them jumped out from a dark alleyway, while the other snuck up on him with a knife. Jack lowered his body as the thug behind him thrust the knife forward. Jack pulled him above himself with all of his body mass and threw him at the other thug, leaving the two laying down on the ground, completely stunned. Jack took the 15mm MS in his hand and shot one of them, then walked up to the other and pressed the heel of his boot at the man's throat, not letting air pass through.

Jack then asked: "Who hired you?"
The thug answered: "You'll kill me after I tell you the answer!"
"Pretty much," Jack admitted with a genuine and honest-sounding voice, as he shrugged.
H-Holy shit! This guy's for real.
"So?" Jack asked, a little irritated. He put the gun closer to the thug's face.
"Then why should I tell you? If you kill me, I have no fucking reason to share that inf--" Jack pushed his foot further into the thug's throat, increasing the pressure and pain and not letting him speak. Slowly choking him. Jack then answered his question: "Because," he kneeled down, coming closer to the thug, but still having a foot on his throat. "It's your incentive to die quickly and with no pain. If you do that, I'll aim for the head. If you don't, I'll just find one of your friends who will be glad to do it for you. Serpents tend to be treacherous, you know?"
"Holy shit, alright. It was my boss. PLEASE, LET ME GO!" The man yelled back at Jack.
"Bullshit," Jack put his gun up to the man's cranium, then continued: "You work independently. Someone hired you specifically for this job. Someone from the outside."
"FUCK YOU!"
"Fuck you."
"FUUUCK YOUUU!" The boy started to cry and weep in fear. He was breaking down.
"Shit, now you're broken. I have no need for a doll that can't think. Well, too bad. We'll go with plan B."
"NO, WAIT, PLEASE--" "Time to sleep." Jack shot the man ruthlessly, alerting some people on the street due to the gunshot being heard from quite the range.

Jack made his way over to the Serpents' neighborhood.

JACK'S Scanner:
Name: Alex Burkowski
Species: Homo Sapiens
Homeworld: Voyrillia
Psionic Level: 1

Biography [VIEW]
Useful Information [VIEW]

Armaments:
- Butterfly Knife
- 9mm Pistol
- 10mm SMG (Not on person. Transaction information suggests he bought one last year and has been buying ammunition regularly from illegal sources.)

WANTED: Dead, or Alive.
Reward: 1,000 Alive, 1,250 Dead.

SYSTEM NOTES: Criminal record [VIEW]. Has been in prison twice, released both times for good behavior. Member of the gang known as 'The Serpents,' who operate in independent cells.

Entering the Coordinates into his visor's HUD, Titus made his way into the underworld of Voyrilla. To say the least, the place was a slum. Of course most of the Undercity was a slum to begin with. Corruption and violence hung thick in the air, as the lone Crusader made his way deeper into unknown territory. Thanks to his armoured form, a number of the street thugs left him alone. That and the way he kept a hand near the hilt of his Falcata. About halfway through to his objective did things finally get interesting. Having taken a turn down an alley, Titus found himself surrounded by a small gang of 8 thugs of varying races, though the majority were homo sapiens.
"Oh joy... The local welcome wagon... Let me guess, You're going to attempt to mug me right?" Titus said in a rather droll tone, getting many to sneer at his armoured visage.
"Shut the fuck up bleeder! And hand over your things. And that armour too." The supposed leader growled leveling a rather rusted and unkempt pistol at his the Crusader's head.
"I have a counter proposal. You and your friends leave, and I won't have to gut you all." He said, his tone calm, and holding an icy edge to it. To say the least, it pissed off the Ganger to no end, and opened fire on the super soldier. The round to say the least only scuffed the paint, as it ricocheted off the visor and into the lead ganger's leg. "I warned you..." He said casually before springing into action. Like a coiled spring, his body moved, cutting in fluid arcs into the small gang. The mono-molecular edge cutting through them like wet tissue paper. Blood limbs and entrails splattered across the alley, as Titus preformed a graceful and violent dance of death. Within ten seconds, seven of the eight were cut to ribbons.
"P-please! Don't Kill Me!" The leader, and one that shot Titus begged, lying in a puddle of his own blood and piss. His fear was palpable, and to say the least, Titus enjoyed it. "I-i-i'll do anything you say. I swear... Just P-p-please, don't k-kill me!" He wept. The sight was rather pathetic.
"Fine... But you work for me now. Got it?!"

Birdsie Birdsie SachiGrl SachiGrl

thd9b3a729.gif
thd9b3a729.gif

Humans compared to Chordatians are dull. Their skin contains no pattern and are mostly one tone in the variation of brown. Dull. Nonetheless, Sueckra wanted one. There's nothing more rewarding, according to Sueckra, than having trophies, live trophies, to represent one's accomplishments. Back in Chordate, Voyrillia was all the talk. Voyrillia this. Voyrillia that. At first, she was annoyed by all this endless talk. That was until an idea hit her; why should she settle with just Chordatians as her trophy wives and husbands when she could have a human husband or a Sadou wife? With these thoughts swirling in her mind, it is no wonder Sueckra came to Voyrillia.

The water within her gill chambers vibrated. Was she nervous? Perhaps. The cephalopod limbs about her waist curled and uncurled in anxiety. At this point, it was obvious. Anyone would feel uneasy within a new environment. But Sueckra refused to admit this. She stomped her non-cephalopod limb against the dock and force the tentacles about her waist to straighten out, then she curled her limbs slightly higher in the front than in the back simulating a hi-lo skirt she saw in an intergalactic magazine.
thd9b3a729.gif
thd9b3a729.gif
Her lower cephalopods gave one last squeeze about her waist, almost like a comforting hug, and she walked onward.

It was only a matter of seconds until a large masculine creature caught her eye. If she was not mistaken, he was a Sadou. Sadly, she wasn't completely certain; she's only seen female Sadous in fashion magazines. She's heard they're pretty mindless. Welp, let's give him a try... she approached the gray scaled monstrous being nonchalantly. "Leg's mage ahg wager," Her eyes were large, and there weren't any pupils to guide anyone as to where she was looking. They have a natural, thin outer film; it prevents dryness and provides general protection needed in and out of water. Sueckra breathed excitedly using the bubble of water stored within her, her enlarged gill chambers. She was so excited, it never crossed her mind that she spoke very poorly the common language of trade. She cocked her head slightly and asked, "Whag isg ig youg desiregr?"

((Sueckra speaks from her gills, so the g's represent the bubbling sound as she speaks. NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 ))
Xix was just outside the bar, Dio's, the sign said, debating whether his curiosity was large enough to go in. Pysker, or genetic modification? The Pysker would be waiting for him but he might not get another chance at the two mysterious men. However, the internal debate was interrupted by a smaller female. Xix eyed her blankly as she spoke. She was a Chordatian, if Xix recalled correctly. A species with somewhat of a high psionic ability, with a natural inclination towards water manipulation. How fortunate. Xix had never encountered one that he didn't have to forcibly capture. When they found out Xix's interest in their unique talents, they became most uncooperative. Even so, the Sadou was intimate with their anatomy. It was quite a while ago though, so Xix wouldn't mind looking back into them.

Xix paused. He was only half paying attention to the female and the bubbling when she spoke didn't help matters. It took a moment to figure out what she said. "Desire...?" He repeated, honestly confused as to if this was what was said.

thd9b3a729.gif
thd9b3a729.gif

Sueckra cocked her head slightly again, but to the other side, as she came to realize that she spoke too soon. The large male covered in scales had his attention elsewhere. She tried to look past him to see what his gaze was upon; A meaningless act as now it seemed she had his full attention. In addition, he managed to catch what she last said. With the back of her club, she swept her hair back, a feeble effort for it fell right back into place, and shifted her hips to the side before she began to speak. "Yesugr," she replied with a smile. "Ihg wisheg toog baggle youg forg ahg wager ." One of her upper limbs wrapped about her waist, as the other upper limb rested upon it. She analyzed her upper club as she awaited an answer, shifting it side to side and front and back.

NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

Xix's eyes narrowed as he continued to try and make sense of the Chordation's words. He understood the affirmation and 'wager'. It took him another moment that she meant to battle him.

Why? That just seemed like a waste of time on her part. But, it didn't matter. This might be the perfect opportunity to see the Chordation's psionic powers in action.

"Che heh heh heh," came his chittering laugh. "If to fight me is your desire, I am willing to heed it. However, I am not among those that go easy on a female, even one as tiny as yourself." His last comment was meant to egg her on, as she was average sized compared to most. Xix was the one that was larger than average.
SachiGrl SachiGrl

There are many things a person can be. A Bounty Hunter, A Soldier, A Scientist, A blubbering politician, a ship salesman, an escort even, but of all of the things that the Zethiin could've been, they were late. Word of this Black Trade had been spreading through the News and Networks faster than an old human zombie virus yet instead of immediately answering this call, two Zethiin twins had other obligations. It was a dark night, which of course is no deal for them as they naturally see in Infrared, making all heat emitting creatures seen in even the darkest of rooms. There were a multitude of creatures around them, all of them big and clad in metal armor. Absinthe stood quietly standing slightly taller than most around him, his trusted sniper in hand. The rifle hummed in response to his touch on the trigger. Right beside him, a slightly smaller more feminine figure stood with a sword in hand; she stood at a wide stance ready for battle.

Aartyom, you remember the plan correct? Absinthe turned to his elder sister and nodded. Where is the target located? With a motion of his head, Absinthe's Visor changed from Infrared to Echolocation. A giant vibrating mass appeared before them, descending from the top level. Target... is moving down in elevator... He should be here... any moment... he whispered, his speech slow yet precise. The elevator stopped at their floor, all of the other soldiers tensing; ready for battle. Some were sweating profusely, others were shaking, afraid of the battle to come. Finally the elevator slammed down onto the floor, it's doors opening slightly with fog rushing out from within. You ready? Always... A heavy foot landed on the ground, Aartyoms rifle pulsed violently as it readied its payload. But suddenly as the lights came on... it malfunctioned, the weapon died leaving him defenseless. What could he do now?

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM CRUISE!!!!!!!" The Soldiers cheered happily. A cold sweat dripped down Absinthe's brow, he had missed the signal! He had to improvise...

"Co La Breith Math!" Absinthe yelled in his own dialect causing a rush of purple light to fly into the air, triggering a rain of confetti to flutter down to the floor. A satisfied Tom cheered, clapping happily. "Awe, thank you guys! Did Mimi put you up to this? Well she got me good this time!" he laughed. Soon the room filled with a flood of Big Shot stars and other important peoples, all here to celebrate the birthday of Tom Cruise the 187th. The other soldiers dispersed around the floor, amusing guests and posing for pictures. Relieved, Absinthe fell to his knees, breathing heavily. Anise looked away from him, facing the roof with her eyes closed. "Seriously little brother was shooting into the air that hard for you? And you know we're not supposed to publicly display our Psyker powers..." Anise huffed in angry disappointment. "My weapon... malfunctioned... What else could I do? I had... no choice but... to improvise..." Absinthe answered, far more embarrassed that he had ever been. Birthday boy Tom Cruise approached them, drinks of sparkling champagne in his hand.

"Oh come on now, that was amazing! I knew you would surprise me, now all the gossip will be how I got an unknown alien species to plan my birthday party! Oh I bet Nicole will be jealous..." Tom said rather happily, with just the right amount of spoiled refinement. Yup, their latest mission in Federation Space? Planning a celebrity birthday party on Planet Maguire. It took them just over a week to find volunteer soldiers and have the local hotel host the event. Of course... Anise was not entirely proud that her skills had been reduced to simple parties but it made her happy that the money made would support her people. "Have a drink come on come on." Tom insisted.

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't take off my helmet or else..." "NONSENSE!" Tom yelled, pulling off Anise' helmet allowing for her black midnight hair to rush down in a gust of wind. The light shone on her purple-blue skin as light glimmered into her blind sapphire eyes. For about five seconds she was the picture of elegance; tall, metal clad, blue skinned, sword wielding elegance. Impressed by her human-like beauty, Tom smiled and kissed her cheek. "See, was that so hard? Have a drink." He said, handing her the champagne glass. Just like that he was off to entertain his many guests. "Sister, are you alright?! Is the oxygen hurting you?!?!?" Absinthe asked frantically. With a gentle smack, Anise broke his focus and reassured him. She placed her helmet back upon her head and left it at that. "Humans can be so brash, uncaring for the needs of other peoples. Come, lets go." Anise said, annoyed. "Right behind you..."

The twins left the party heading towards their ship docked at a small port. Anise and Absinthe placed their hands on the door of a small metal Spacecraft. "IDENTITY CONFIRMED, WELCOME VALAINATH AND AARTYOM" The Ship's computer said monotonously. Now in a full Nitrogen atmosphere the twins removed their helmets and suits replacing them with more comfortable clothing. "Ugh... we need to find better jobs brother. Check all platforms what do we have?" Anise asked, sitting comfortably in the pilots seat. Right beside her in the Copilot seat, Absinthe glanced at an infrared holopad looking at available jobs. "There is... weapons commission from... Mr... Ca calin Calling... Here..." Anise glanced at the holopad and immediately turned away, her bored eyes facing the night sky. "Mr Callinghad, he hasn't paid for his last commission. Next." "There is a bounty... placed on a Mr... Ca Canna Connag..." As he spoke a small ping appeared on the holopad. "Nevermind... Bounty Claimed." "Hmph. Too late. Next." Absinthe scrolled through more meaningless jobs until his eyes stopped on something called Dark Trade. "Hmmm Dark Trade here... I ... can't read all of it... Take a look..." Absinthe said, offering his sister the holopad. Anise took the holopad in her soft hands and read it. "Hmm... doesn't look like a bad idea. Alright, I'm plotting a course for Voyrillia, we should be there soon. Zethi's blood I hope we aren't Late..." "Like we ever are..?" Absinthe asked, a small smug grin on his face. The twins set coordinates for the planet Voyrillia, it was not too far from their current location and with their Dark Warp it should take them no time at all. Now, a newer more dignified stage of life was about to begin.

An ant looking figure wiggled his antedate while taking a look at a reptilian with a simple green dress with elegant yellow lining designs and her android companion from a square window on a metal door. He looked over at the android first that was wearing a green and business suit with a matching green top hat and yellow necktie. The insect arched his head to the left while looking over at the reptilian woman to the left. Her scarf covered most of her hair and all of her lower face up to her nose. He leaned closer up to the window and stared at her before saying in a hushed tone, "Senator Lauichev?"

Lauichev sighed heavily underneath her scarf. Why did I bother, she thought, I'll be lucky if I meet anyone who don't know who I am. She reached into a pocket and flashed out one silver credit chip and a black credit chip. "Three grand on the black for that gem," she said, "Six grand on the silver to pretend that I wass not here. Do you have the gem or not?" Lauichev interrupted, matching the figure's hushed whisper earlier.

"No, but I will take the silver chip," the ant said.

The reptilian senator slid the silver chip onto the door's opening hatch and quickly walked. She grumbled to herself knowing this was the second fence she went to, and her patience was running thin. Lauichev walked out of that alleyway and head to another with her bodyguard not to far behind. The senator didn't think that she would encounter much trouble in these parts of these slums within Voyrilla, but another side of the coin here is getting herself lost. Even if she has the android to lead her back out, Lauichev didn't see the emergency to use that feature when she's trying to learn to navigate through here. She didn't know if she was going deeper into the slums as she has been focusing on getting the Narder Grythey. The exotic name and the look of the gem alone was enough to make her want to get it. Noticing another alleyway that she was about to walk by, Lauichev took a glance as she felt a small mental ache building up.

And she saw two figures standing on a bloody, gory mess.

Lauichev sharply turned her head away from that alleyway and began walking in a slightly rapid pace. While walking, she felt the small mental ache growing into a size of a headache in seconds. It couldn't be time to take my meds already, unless... The senator wiped that thought out of her mind, reminding herself over and over again that what she just thought of was a myth.

Titus could sense the presence of the woman before she even knew he was there. The amount of psykic energy being siphoned off was a great indicator for the Crusader. Looking to to his Employee, he tossed the man a credit chit worth 500 credits to him. "Get yourself cleaned up... And that leg fixed..." Titus growled, his visor concealed visage, unblinking. Data scrolled across his HUD, bringing up files most would not be privy too on the reptilian woman. Sheathing his blade, the armour clad meta-human strode forward, stopping meters away, from the woman.

Name: Lauichev
Aliases: Laui, Marquess of Thitika, Senator Lauichev
Species: Voshon
Homeworld: Thitika, Okniae System
Psionic Level: 12

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Heterosexual

Organizations\Affiliations: East Consulate (as the 13th seated Senator), Okniae Royal Table (as a marquess)
Personality: Laui is talkative because she loves the sound of her own voice. Half-truths and flattery can go hand to hand with her words, but she is mostly truthful when it comes to business or don’t want to fool around. That being said, her smart-ass thinking and assumptions can get to her into trouble.

"Not use to being around a psykic blank of my magnitude Senator?" He said casually, his visor folding back to reveal his pale scarred face. "I'd like to make a business proposition.... Also you aught to take care of that nasty migraine, that i'm causing."

Kasim Kasim

Lauichev stopped walking when she heard a voice. The android stopped moments after the senator have stopped. She raised both of her shoulders against her neck and closed her eyes to try to dull the mental pain out. The Voshon grimaced not when he mentioned of her being around a blank, but when he mentioned of her being used to being around one in his magnitude. With a free hand Lauichev reached out for her medication capsule, opened it, and let two fall into her left palm. The senator turned and looked behind her after she swallowed up both and put it back up.

Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the voice's face. A human?! Lauichev lowered and turned her head and rubbed her forehead with one hand and her head crest with another, facing away from him for a moment to hide her shock and to let the meds do their work; however as she felt the pain easing away, she felt it grasping back on and off like a flickering on and off switch. His last sentence made her almost want to take off her scarf and wrap it across her forehead just to do that. The reptilian feel her mouth shifting and her eyes wincing in pain as she tried to force a smile with a neutral expression on her face.

When the senator turned to face the man speaking to her, she could feel her eyes still wincing but her closed lipped smile remained still for a while; at least for a while until the light switch gets stuck on the on side when the two capsules wear off. "Let'ss hear it," Lauichev said.

"You are a woman with a considerable amount of resources. And upon skimming your file, I noticed a great deal of dislike for the federal government. Especially towards those created artificially." Titus said, letting it hang in the air for a moment before continuing. "And before you ask, let's just say I was Privy to such information on you, and much of the other officials." For several moments he breathed, trying to prep himself for what he was about to tell her. It would make him and her a target. But he didn't have the resources to do so himself. Not yet anyway. "Are you familiar with Project Crusader? Of course not... only those in the higher echelon were allowed such information. To sum it up, it's a program to produce illegal Super Soldiers. A Program that succeeded, producing 239 Crusaders. All PL 10 Negatives, all Meta-Human. What I'm Proposing would be considered treason in the highest degree." He explained putting everthing on the line. If all comes to failure, he could always shoot his way out like the last one.

Kasim Kasim

The senator's smile frowned a bit. "I disstain the fedss and my fellow sssenators mostly and exactly for enabling-" she sharply paused at her interruption when the mental ache came back like a sledgehammer hitting her for a quick second. The reptilian winced in pain harder even after the brief tremor ache have passed. Instead of continuing, she listened while letting herself mentally recover as much as she could. She let out a chuckle at the man's statement about having information on her and other officials and nod her head. "Now that I am ussed to," the senator said, breaking the silence for a moment.

After the silence, Lauichev continued listening. She could feel her scales tightening as he mentioned the production of illegal super soldiers; and the senator gnashed her teeth together wishing that she could personally have an audience with a or a couple of senor members and scream at them for this. However, her cold blood turned even colder when the man told her the result of the successful project: two hundred and thirty-nine meta-humans with the highest negative psionic level.

Lauichev felt her scaled face tightened not because of the mental pains she has been suffering, but her red tinted eyes widened to a point where it was clear what she was feeling with her smile wiping into a shocked dazed look. A moment of silence later for her to take the news in, the senator spoke. "Depending on what you proposse," Lauichev said, "it may not even be considered treassonousss considering what wass done...at leassst in my book and maybe at all depending how I can ssspin it. " She let out a hard hiss and rubbed her forehead.

thd9b3a729.gif
thd9b3a729.gif

This is going to be difficult... Sueckra thought. The Sadou, thankfully, wasn't appalled to battling with her, but she needs him to commit to a wager before they begin. He did not admit to any of his desires, so she has no valuable data to use as a bribery to obtain what she desires. She pouted her green lips and tapped the tip of her club on them pensively. It was beginning to dawn on her that there just might be a language barrier between them. She shook the thought out of her mind and decided to settle with thinking the Sadou was simply a mindless creature just as the rumors stated. I'll just speak much more slowly... she decided. "Ifg Ihg winggr... " she gave a brief pause before continuing, "...Ihg wang yourg hang ing marriageggr. " A curl at the edge of her lips appeared as she eyed him for his reaction, "Whag doog youg wang inhg exchangeggr? " Her lower cephalopods curled and uncurled playfully about her waist while one of her upper clubs rested on her cocked hip, simulating a pose from a famous model in a galactic magazine.

NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

Users who are viewing this thread

Back