• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dark, Political, and Complex

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
eyyy so very first thing, I'm in finals week right now so if you're interested in this plot we won't be able to start until at least after my test on monday. cool? cool. im just posting this now in case i forget.

blah blah literacy long posts grammar give me material to work with typical rules i dont need a reply every single day its chill etc etc et al

this RP is intended to be all gritty and dark and shite, so if you have an issue with that pls do not respond you and i will both be unhappy. 

THE PLOT ITSELF:

the setting is a modern/realistic country. the time period can be anywhere from the 1900s to 2050 or so, as you prefer. the government is highly controlling and dictatorial due to an outbreak of a severe pandemic ~30 years prior to the time of the RP. in order to protect citizens within the country, the government began to take extreme measures with anyone attempting to enter, smuggle in goods, or suspected of being sick. despite the eradication of the disease ~10 years ago, the culture of fascism persisted. much of the world population is dead, and there is constant fear of a resurgence in the disease. government sanctions had long since expanded beyond mere travel and material trade. by creating a culture of isolationism, the government indirectly discouraged the public from even desiring contact with the outside world, instead focusing on creating a powerful militaristic monolith apart from the rest of the world. in many ways, these methods worked. much like sparta, the citizens were trained to be skilled combatants, loyal, and highly nationalistic. the people themselves, seeing the effectiveness of such strategies at keeping out the dreaded disease, fervently work to support their government in its restrictive measures. propaganda, secret police, and cutthroat efficiency abound.

our characters are coworkers, in a way. one is a high-ranking intelligence officer, the other an important politician. the former is somewhat suspicious of the latter, but the latter is protected to some degree by their position and reputation. one evening, at a fancy hob-nob for the upper crust, the intelligence officer finally catches the politician red-handed - doing whatever. smuggling, trafficking drugs, etc doesnt matter. instead of turning them in, the intelligence officer begins to blackmail the politician, curious after a lifetime of highly controlled behaviour about the criminal element. the politician, desperate to avoid one of the cruel prisons - or worse - is grudgingly forced to give the officer whatever they want, be it money, drugs, power, pushing laws, and so on.

who plays which character is whatever, genders are whatever, offer edits if you want i'm cool about it

Hey, this sounds pretty cool actually!  If you are up for it, I wouldn't mind roleplaying this unless you found someone else already.

I'd be happy to take you up on it! Drop me a line whenever and we can hash out the deetz.

You had me at dark, you reeled me in at political, I fell in love at complex, and went Yandere batshit insane in love about this idea when I learned the plot that I would kill for I would love to play the high ranking intelligence officer. If you are open to doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back