Danganronpa Game System

Scaleless

Weewoo weewoo
I really want to make a danganronpa roleplay with actual mechanics rather than everything being very arbitrary. I know that it is very ambitious considering the complexity of such a thing, which is why I am looking for help from others! I will update this thread periodically as I (hopefully) receive criticism and help with this system. I will outline my goals for a bit, then get in to what I have thus far. I will preface this by saying I have never even attempted to create a system before this. XD

The roleplay will have four main "states", the relaxed state, the murder state, the investigative state and the trial state.

Relaxed > Murder > Investigate > Trial > Repeat
If a murder fails it will reset back in to the relaxed state.

The simplest of these is the relaxed state. In the relaxed state players will be able to form bonds with other characters or explore. They may only choose one of the two options. Bonds will happen in a mini 1x1, where the topic is up to the two players involved. At the end, they will receive a relationship boost in the form of C,B,A,ranks, leveling up with every attempt. They will receive bonuses in the trial state based on the strength of their relationship when working with one another. A character may also chose to explore, where they will be put in to an open-world. They are free to interact with other exploring characters as they please, but there will be no relationship bonuses for it. I will provide a map with items scattered about for them to find. These items include things like weapons or charms that will boost their stats. They may obtain only 1 item per exploration. At the start of the RP, all characters will be forced to explore during this state rather than bond.

During the relaxed state I will ask players to PM me if they want to kill another character. If no one is interested, I will provide in-character incentives through monokuma. If there are multiple candidates, I will select one at random. They get to choose their target. Once the murderer and the victim is determined, I will invite them both in to a private thread. We will roll a die to determine the results of the murder attempt and the two characters will play out the results. After they are complete, I will compile the details of the crime in to a report for other players to investigate. The success rate of the attack and the amount of evidence left behind are both determined by the characters stats. In the investigative state it will be up to the remaining characters to reveal the significance of the evidence and use it to help them out in the trial state. Of course, the murderer is free to obstruct this cause. Each state will have two associated stats.

For the first iteration of this post, I plan to flesh out the simplest state that remains, the murder state.

Weapons- These are used to aid characters when committing a murderer. Weapons have trade-offs depending on their type. They are not necessary to attack, but are nice to have. I will add more, I merely wanted to get the idea down for now.

These tools provide large power bonuses, but leave behind more evidence when they are used.
Serrated Knife- +3 Power | -2 Dexterity
Cleaver- +3 Power | -1 Dexterity
Bonesaw- +4 Power | -2 Dexterity

Katana- +5 Power | -3 Dexterity
These tools bolster your characters attacks with no cons.
Knuckle Dusters- +1 Power
Iron Mace- +2 Power
Sledge Hammer- +3 Power
These tools provide no bonus to power, but do grant bonuses to dexterity. They are removed from your characters inventory after a murder attempt utilizing them.
Arsenic- +1 Dexterity
Ricin- +2 Dexterity
Cyanide- +3 Dexterity
The murder state has two potential outcomes.
  • If attack is successful = Next State
  • If attack fails = Alarm and Reset
Power: As the name implies, this stat is the main one that determines whether or whether not an attack is successful. This stat is utilized regardless of the murder method, including murder attempts involving poison. This stat gains a bonus based on the weapon used to commit the murder. Typically, the stronger the weapon the more evidence that is left behind. The formula that is used to calculate whether an attack is successful is as follows:

A is the attacker and B is the defender.
[(A-B)*20]+50=

The result is the chance that a murder is successful. The die will be rolled by myself to determine if it succeeds. If the attack fails, an alarm will trigger and your characters relationship rank will be reduced by one with every character. You will also receive the "dirty hands" debuff. For the next three trials, your character's HP will be reduced by 25%.

Dexterity: This stat determines the evidence left behind after a murder. The amount of evidence that appears after a successful murder is calculated using this formula:

A is the attacker and B is the defender.

(B-A)/2+3=
Rounded down.

Evidence will be put in to better detail in the investigative phase, which will be slightly more complex. This is my first attempt at making a system like this and it is pretty overwhelming. For now, that's all I have. I plan to outline the investigative state next. I apologize if there are any typos and if the information is not well-organized. I would definitely compact everything for an actual roleplay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back