Anime & Manga Danganronpa anyone?

yonihasapony

Potato Master
Danganronpa_series_English_logo.png
Any fans of Kazutaka Kodaka's Danganronpa? It's one of my favorite games! How about your favorite characters?

My favorite character has to be the ultimate gamer Chiaki Nanami <3

YOU'VE GOT THAT RIGHT!

Danganronpa is something I am a fan of. I've yet to watch gameplay of v3 but from what I've seen it looks phenomenal. But out of the first 2, Trigger Happy Havoc.

My favourite characters are Byakuya Togami, Kyosuke Munakata, and Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu

I'm upset that Ultra Despair Girls isn't on the poll.

I'll still vote DR2, though.

I'm upset that Ultra Despair Girls isn't on the poll.

I'll still vote DR2, though.

I totally forgot Ultra Despair Girls, silly me!

I've seen the anime, I've been wanting to get into the games :)!
The games are a lot better than the anime, although both are good imo . You can watch gameplay on YouTube if youre unable to buy the game
I agree with Suggy here, the games are great! Definitely worth the play. The style of it is so unlike any game I've ever played before!

I have a switch but not a DS or a playstation. I do see that it is on steam, so I'll most likely get it for the PC.

Oh, a friend of mine recently got me into Danganronpa!

I've only seen the first one's anime fully, and up to the first class trial on the second game... But I like what I've seen so far!

My favorites so far are: Kirigiri, Naegi, Nagito, and Chiaki! Love those guys!

I totally forgot Ultra Despair Girls, silly me!

I agree with Suggy here, the games are great! Definitely worth the play. The style of it is so unlike any game I've ever played before!
And yes, I would vouch for playing the games, or watching someone play it, much better than the first anime. Which is an adaptation. Ik that they have an anime to watch after Ultra Despair Girls so before you do V3, If I remember this correctly.

I have recently become a fan of Danganronpa. I've only watched the anime version of the first game. But i have seen playthroughs and such with the other games and anime out there. A classmate got me into it. And my favorite characters are: Sakura Ogami, Izuru Kamukura, and Kiibo (K1-B0).

Waiting for an anime adaption for the second game:) Not sure if it will come out but I hope it does.

There is an anime adaptation for it...it’s called the Despair Arc
Ah right lol completely forgot about it. I was planning on watching it some time last year but forgot about it thanks to Re zero. I'll probably start watching it sometime this week or the next.

Ah right lol completely forgot about it. I was planning on watching it some time last year but forgot about it thanks to Re zero. I'll probably start watching it sometime this week or the next.

Honestly the Despair arc is the best anime adaptation Danganronpa has presented.

DanganRonpa is by far my favorite Video Games Series. There's something about how they portray everything that makes me smile and adore it. I love the art style, the mechanics and over-all the characters are something that I adore so much. But choosing just one in impossible since each one is so special. Although I do have preferred characters from each game that you could call my favorite.

(And for someone reason, they're always the people that die eventually and it hurts me.)
(also idk if everyones seen all the games or played them all whilst broswer this, so i'll put reasons n such in spoilers bc i'll probs say spoilers)

DanganRonpa: trigger happy havoc
> It really comes down to two. mukuro ikusaba, and leon kuwata.
Although we don't get to see much of other Character since they both die super earlier in Game one, I fell instantly in love with them. Something about Leons Personality with not wanting to conform to what everyone wants him to be, and just to have fun with something he loves and not just do the thing he's good at by chance. I was rather upset when i found out he was the blackened for trail one.
And Mukuro, she went through hell for her sister. They truly were a lovely pair. and even though we thought she was Junko from the get-go, once they explained more about her, and who she was. I truly adored her. Replaying the game, seeing her die only hurts a bit more.

Super DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
> Gunham Tanaka will always be my favorite in this game.
AH YES, MY EDGE BOY. Tanaka's Character instantly caught me off guard when we first met him. But as you spend more free-time with him, you really grow to see that he's just A HUGE SOFTIE. OOF. Sure his appearance is quite out-land-ish, but over-all he was meant to be a good character that took a twist and changed for the worst. I was so upset when i found out he was a blackend. And his Execution was just so saddening. But in the end, he really was a good heated guy. At least to me.

DanganRonpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
> HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE FCKING NAGISA SHINGETSU OR EVEN TOKO FUKAWA
OH MY GODS. Toko's character changes from DR1 to UDG was my favorite thing ever. She really showed improvement with Sho, and over-all how she treated herself. I was really proud to see her so such a 180, sure there were times she was very similar to DR1, but over-all she had showed improvement.
And Nagisa was just such a cootie patootie. I really enjoyed his character.

DanganRonpa V3: Killing Harmony
( I haven't finished this game yet,, but so far)
>Rantaro Amami, christ all might this boy
first im really fucking upset they killed him. He was like a better version of komeada from SDR2. expect he wasn't as insane, and he was just being a cryptic asshole and i really enjoyed that with his character??? UGH

Oooh! I am! Since I'm going to create a fan webcomic and fan game after I develop the DR characters I'm playing as and all XD
This is "controversial" but my favorite DR character is Teruteru

Oooh! I am! Since I'm going to create a fan webcomic and fan game after I develop the DR characters I'm playing as and all XD
This is "controversial" but my favorite DR character is Teruteru
Yes! He isn't my favorite but he sure ranks fourth in my book of legends.

Kazuichi is my favorite boy, to be honest. He might seem like just an outgoing loser, but when you spend your freetime with him you're like 'baby no stop, no one will hurt you'.
Gundham comes a close second though, the same reaction. (My OTP might be Gundham and Kazuichi, but-- It's valid).

I've only watched the anime's first season, couldn't get into the rest. I am not particularly looking to get into the games, but hey if they got an adaptation there must be somehting behind them. Though the best iteration of it I've encountered to date was definitely this video:

The creators weren't very happy with how the first game got adapted into an anime, I saw that somewhere. Which is why they didn't do the same for the second game. I'm pretty sure the format of free time, investigation and trials didn't mix well with the anime storytelling, as quite a lot of stuff had to be cut out or shortened.

The Danganronpa 3 anime aren't (There's two or three, if you count the last episode as being separate) based in any of the games though. They both differ from the format, so even if you're not interested in the way the games work, watching the anime will give you more insight into the plot that happens outside of the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back