Danganronpa 3 Discussion

Tengan obviously got into Weedman's stash because this is probably the shittiest plan that somehow manages to be worse than anything one can improvise. 

this show is so bullshit

having tengan be despair is a perfectly good reason for him setting this up. sure, youd have to be really stupid to voluntarily watch the despair videos, but it'd be better than... "no actually tengan was good its ok he set this up to force mitarai's hand."

(also i was assuming that when chisa showed up with them,..... he was going to be forced to watch it. why not??)

mitarai could still want to broadcast the video even without knowing its what tengan wanted. i mean, he didnt know at first. and he was gonna broadcast it.

i can see literally no reason why youd suddenly have to backpedal and say tengan was hope. wtf purpose does that serve?? other than a super cheap plot twist that... wasn't even exciting. lol. 

of course it could only be naegi speculating bcuz hes an idiot (at least he can admit that literally the only thing going for him is his optimism) but if they suddenly change their minds and say "oh tengan was despair after all"

again

why even bring the hope thing up in the first place

who fucking approved of this. how many stages did this episode's script go through to get approved and how many people said "yes" to this

this show is so bullshit

having tengan be despair is a perfectly good reason for him setting this up. sure, youd have to be really stupid to voluntarily watch the despair videos, but it'd be better than... "no actually tengan was good its ok he set this up to force mitarai's hand."

(also i was assuming that when chisa showed up with them,..... he was going to be forced to watch it. why not??)

mitarai could still want to broadcast the video even without knowing its what tengan wanted. i mean, he didnt know at first. and he was gonna broadcast it.

i can see literally no reason why youd suddenly have to backpedal and say tengan was hope. wtf purpose does that serve?? other than a super cheap plot twist that... wasn't even exciting. lol. 

of course it could only be naegi speculating bcuz hes an idiot (at least he can admit that literally the only thing going for him is his optimism) but if they suddenly change their minds and say "oh tengan was despair after all"

again

why even bring the hope thing up in the first place

who fucking approved of this. how many stages did this episode's script go through to get approved and how many people said "yes" to this

At the very least, it's more exciting than carting Junko out to be the final boss again. Execution was pretty bad, though having Mitarai do something is a good idea. But as it stands, Tengan basically pulled a Komaeda by turning FF into a stepping stone for more HOPE.

At the very least, it's more exciting than carting Junko out to be the final boss again. Execution was pretty bad, though having Mitarai do something is a good idea. But as it stands, Tengan basically pulled a Komaeda by turning FF into a stepping stone for more HOPE.

except tengan isn't fucking brain damaged or deranged like komaeda- bless ko's soul- and he should know better. and be able to, in theory, come up with literally any better way to get the hope video out. such as trying to convince mitarai by talking to him (he's kind of a pushover for most of the series and this would literally be the first thing i'd attempt), or stealing the phone that has the files. mitarai's noodle animator arms couldn't defend himself. you could probably  just sneak it out of his pocket and run off with it tbh. there's no reason why mitarai has to make the decision himself either. if tengan had some sort of weird morals/ideal preventing him from taking the phone (idk about this even, like, maybe he didn't think it would be mitarais genuine decision?? and somehow.. not valid? that's all i can think of tbh and then... forcing his hand with a killing game would also not really be purely mitarai's decision anyways)  there's still so many other things he could've done than make another killing game involving the leaders of future foundation 

sure it's less repetitive than JUNKOS but like. this is probably one of the worst reasons for a killing game that they could've thought of. 

despair tengan makes way more sense tho. "oh he just did it for the sake of despair"

maybe a bit more repetitive but makes waaaay more sense than this :T 

i mean, then again he approved of human experimentation. idk. maybe he was fucking out of his goddamned mind this entire time, and they just decided not to really bring it up ever or hint at it beyond the fact that izuru exists.

somehow consensual human experimentation to see if you can artificially make talent makes more sense to me than this. after all they couldnt predict that hinata would turn out like that.

None of this still explains who the 16th participant is since Tengan is clearly dead and the Mastermind so perhaps Hope Arc will make more sense.

im hoping that hope arc fixes some of this

or at least makes up for it by showing us more of jabberwock island (and hopefully not fucking that up too)

no sir i havent played that series yet i am going to avoid spoilers thx k 

2busy playing phone appppps and sleeping

Obligatory

51RwhOR.png

...Must come to an end.

Highlights:

• All of the RoD/Class 77 kids woke up and kicked ass.

Punished Komaeda. Gushes about Naegi for a few seconds.
  • Tanaka unsealing his name and simultaneously regaining his DR2 hairstyle. The line mentions how Sunrise will fuck everyone up if he says his name lol.
  • Kazuichi finally stopped getting cucked by Sonia for once.
  • MEAT! ON! THE! BONE!
  • Fuyuhiko still has that fucking scar for some reason (It occured in the simulation. KOOODDDAAAAKKKAAAAA!)
  • Imposter cosplays as Persona.
  • Hajime retains complete control over all of Izuru Kamakura's talents and still has his personality intact.
  • Mikan redeems herself.

[*]Class 77 broadcast a message and take the blame for the Killing Game so that the world doesn't lose hope in FF. Presumably they'll live out the rest of their lives in a self-imposed exile on Jabberwock Island.

[*]No dual "Sore no chigau yo!" like the logo would suggest, RoD basically talk down Mitarai and induct him into their group.

• Basically a case of Class 77 repaying Naegi for saving them in DR2, this time they do all the work and save him. 

[*]Cure Waifu - It's actually an Antagonist that slows down the spread of the poison.

• Kirigiri was put into an apparent death state, Mikan revives her offscreen.

[*]Narukami Yu Munakatana gets a sexy white coat (GAAAARROOOOO~!) and carries that weight.

[*]Naegi becomes the Principal of Hope's Peak Academy, the rest of the DR1 survivors + Komaru help out with the construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOPE HYPE HULLABALOOZA

The show might have had writing issues, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me scream like an idiot more times than I can count.

The ride ends, and the end was satisfying as all hell. Too busy getting excited over all the hype shit packed into this episode to try and nitpick it.

Don't really wanna, either. This redeemed the weak points for me, and I can think of this as the end to the Hope's Peak Arc happily.

Now, onto the horizon! Looking to the future, V3 cometh! My hopes are locked on, for an all new bout of despair.

Hopefully the translations don't take too long, or else I'll fall into despair myself.

Honestly gonna miss Edgy Munakatana, he had the best moments of Future Side.

c23p-nqId5tSZh-aULBsTWrtDBJ1PXcpyH0NjMfSPvQ.png

Perfect. Also, this is Munakatana's reward:

nJUkUi1.jpg

every time they zoomed in on the computer in that last episode i thought "nice eva reference"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back