• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Daisies and Strawberry Daydreams

Nico

Care Bears... prepare to stare!
The Beach Bum
Stan Marsh
Every step forward echoes a sigh.
Stan's crystaline blue eyes stared out into the vast sea from his little spot on the beach. His knees were pulled up to his chest and his arms wrapped around them, chin sitting upon his knees. Sometimes he felt like he could immerse himself in watching the waves roar against the sand. Sometimes he would stare just longingly far out into the water and wonder what was out there. His mind wandered into daydreams of sunkissed skies and magical explorations, a chuckle escaped his lips as he thought these things, they were daydreams but they were nice. He glanced up at the sky to gauge the time, it was getting a bit late and he figured he should make his way to the gang's treehouse in the forest. He was sure the others would be there by now.

He remembered the time they found the hideaway it was perfect enough for them to build upon. It wasn't like there was much about the island to do but build, gather, and fish. Standing up Stan stretched and felt his pockets weighed down with the shells he'd found for the day along with other trinkets he found in the water. He remembered his older sister teasing him and calling him Ariel with how much shit he brought home. He made his way down the coastline after slipping his sandals back on. Their hideaway was deeper down into the cove past the cafe the group usually worked at. Stan brushed through some palm leaves and into a small little bungalow and he walked right in, it was a cluttered mess but it was theirs. All their little trinkets dotted some shelves, there was a mini library in the corner and plants everywhere. There were toys scattered over the top floor that was from Karen and Ike.

Stan didn't see anyone so far inside, Kenny was probably out playing with their sister right now and the others were probably still at the cafe. So Stan set to unloading his pockets of trinkets and lining his shelves.
Code By Nano

daisy chains on rainy days.

right now, kyle's listening to the song boyfriend by best coast. craig's listening to the same song since they share an account, although he kind of wishes he were listening to mitski instead. kyle's heading to the bungalow and wondering if he should get a new watering can for his flower garden, and craig is contemplating if he should or should not invest in a calendar of some kind so he can keep track of when his fruit trees will be in season.

lyric of the post: i'd love him 'til the very end / but instead he is just a friend
boyfriend / best coast

/*right side*/

what a slow day.

kyle's cheek rested heavily on his palm as he drummed his fingertips against the high curve of his cheekbone to the beat of the song playing in his ear. there were only a few stragglers here and there, considering butters had been oh so generous as to take the rush hour shift—i'm gonna need the money, fellas, or my parents won't be too happy!, he'd laughed nervously, and kyle had set his concern aside in favor of feeling relieved that he just didn't have to work with a large influx of customers.

his eyes—green, his mother would always say, like a forest, and your hair is like the fire surrounding it, and he'd always wonder if she'd been reading too much shakespeare again—watched the clock intently, and as soon as the minute hand struck the little hand painted nine on the edge of the strawberry shaped glass, he shot up and practically yanked off his apron, free from the throes of mediocrity and laziness. the cafe—although it was more like a juice bar; nobody really had a taste for hot drinks on an island of all places—had been getting some better business recently, but it was only during certain parts of the day, and this part was not one of them.

hanging up his apron and clocking out, he made his way past the pretty building with walls painted pale blue and speckled, like the shell of a robin's egg. brushing the palm leaves away from his strawberry printed bag and his hair—he absolutely could not stand having his ruddy curls tangled for what had to be the seventh time that day—and made his way to the very edge of the bungalow's entrance.

and there he was; stan marsh himself, stacking yet more trinkets onto his shelves.

kyle nearly chuckled to himself, but he reminded himself that he simply did not want to be seen yet. over the years, he'd perfected the art of sneaking up on others—it was a useful skill when he wanted to be in the know about something—and so far, the only person who didn't miss his presence was kenny. he'd managed to sneak up on them one time, and then it was as if as soon as they'd figured out how to see him, they'd understood how to keep seeing him. it would have frightened him if not for the fact that this was kenny mccormick they were talking about.

"i don't presume you found the match to that pearl earring you found by the harbor a week ago?" he spoke suddenly, cutting through the silence as he leaned on the edge of the door, adjusting the strap of his crocheted bag. "i personally think they'd look nice on me."

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

Last edited:
The Beach Bum
Stan Marsh
Every step forward echoes a sigh.
Stan hummed a small song he had heard an old sailor singing by the docks the other day. Sometimes the old man came with his fishing goods to help out Kenny's family. It was catchy but Stan couldn't quite grasp it's meaning. A sigh escaped his lips as he finished lining up the shells and other oddities he found on the beach that day. It was strange, how calm life was on their little island. He sometimes wondered how he could find some sort of excitement, needless to say Stan was quite bored with the mundaneness of it all.

He made a small squeak in the back of his throat at the sudden voice. It was also paired with him visibly jumping three feet in the air until he realized it was just Kyle sneaking up on him again. He let out nervous laughter, a light blush on his cheek at the embarrassment of it all, and rubbed the back of his head as he turned around. "Actually, I did, it was the same spot as the other strangely enough." he hummed in response. He turned to the assortment and pulled out the earring in question. He held it out in his palm. It was clearly already freed of sand and other things from the bottom of the ocean.

"You think so? Honestly, dude, I think you can pull off anything." he smiled. It wasn't unusual for Stan to compliment his best friend, he always wanted Kyle to feel confident with himself. Kenny was also the second one in their group that did the same, even if it did come off smothering at times, they clearly cared for the redhead.

"Did you perhaps see Kenny at the beachfront?" He asked.
Code By Nano
[/border]

you can call me your loverboy.

right now, kyle's talking with stan. he hasn't yet entered the bungalow completely, but he will in due time. just give him a few minutes. he also has a surprise for stan, so, like. hop on that. he's not listening to music anymore, but craig still is; the song changed to strawberry blond by mitski—not her best song, but it's mitski, so you won't hear him complaining.

lyric of the post: you tell me you love her / i give you a grin
strawberry blond / mitski

tags: Nico Nico

/*right side*/

kyle very politely held back his little snicker at stan's surprise. no matter how many times kyle snuck up on him, stan always seemed shocked whenever kyle seemed to just...appear. it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but kyle wondered just how in the world stan hadn't caught on to his trick yet.

oh well. it wasn't like he was going to tell stan anytime soon—a good magician never reveals his secrets, and kyle was a very good magician.

"ignoring my suspicion that you changed the subject so i wouldn't comment on that little mouse squeak of yours," kyle started as he stepped further into the bungalow and plunked himself unceremoniously next to stan, crossing his legs, "that is so sweet. i really don't know how you find all of these, you miracle worker, but i'm definitely not complaining. who knows, maybe i can find a pretty swimsuit to go with them. spruce up my look a little, yanno?"

a moment passed before stan spoke again. what he had expected—although it felt a bit narcissistic to admit—was the compliment he was given. he didn't find them smothering, considering he craved affection and sought it as best as someone like him could; in fact, he welcomed all of the affection he could get, although that had gotten him hurt in the past and had messed with his trust to abnormal extents.

but this was stan marsh, his one and only resident super best friend, and even through the slight pang of doubt he felt in his ribs like he always did when he received a compliment from anyone in the world, his cheeks bloomed daylily pink as he waved his hand dismissively, turning his gaze away to attempt to hide the sheepish smile on his face.

"oh, stop it, you," he said with a light scoff, but the smile in his voice and the way his eyes sparkled appreciatively as he took the earring was an indication that he, in fact, did not want stan to stop it. he pulled the strawberry-shaped earring he'd been wearing all day from his ear and added, "for what it's worth, i think you could pull these off too. with a little flair to your hair, of course—maybe i can get some hair clips from trish and bedazzle you.

"and who knows,"
kyle hummed as he slid his strawberry earring into his bag and replaced it with the pearl one in his hand, completely ready to talk for as long as his little peony heart desired, "maybe we can find a matching set of earrings for you too. then we can coordinate outfits like those cute couples i see in the juice bar sometimes." he laughed lightly, his hand going to play with the earring that now rested on his lobe. his laughter dissolved into a contemplative hum at stan's inquiry, and he tapped his chin with the tip of his pointer finger as he tried to recall.

"hmm...i don't think so. they might be with karen again, or they could be out somewhere else. i didn't see them on my way here—in fact, i don't think i've seen them since this morning when they stopped by to say hi," he replied, his brow furrowing in a way most satisfying as he tried to reason an explanation as to why kenny would have been out of his sights all day. usually, they seemed to like spending time with kyle and stan, but maybe they were just busy. maybe kyle was overthinking again.

maybe kyle should stop overthinking.

/*do not remove credit*/
wagging my tail.
coded by weldherwings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back