• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy D&D Adventures (Without The Dice)

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey reader! I've been looking to get into a long term rp but all the ones I've joined have been kinda frozen for almost a month now. However I've always wanted to do a D&D type setting... without the dice and ability scores and the more technical aspects of D&D. I'm looking for 1 to 3 partners as well as a fourth person who would be willing to give us the same experience of adventure as any D&D quest without turning it into traditional D&D. If you got questions feel free to ask!

I am quite interested.

By a D&D type setting, do you mean that we'll have a GM who controls everything in the world except our characters, like in traditional D&D, or do you mean the setting of the rp?

I am quite interested.

By a D&D type setting, do you mean that we'll have a GM who controls everything in the world except our characters, like in traditional D&D, or do you mean the setting of the rp?
We would have a GM who comes up adventures that we can (and probably will because why wouldn't we?) enjoy. The setting however is going to be a classic D&D setting, however the details of that will be decided when we have the 3-5 people

Interesting. Never done something like this before!

I'd be willing to join as a player, as I've never found myself that great in the role of a DM.

I can DM, by forum, but honestly I can't see D&D working without any dice?

Because it's hard to play combat without any sort of system in place.
What are you hoping for to replace that?

Hey, I've been roleplaying for ~10 years and running a tabletop campaign on and off for 5. I'd love to GM if you're looking for the position, otherwise I'm glad to play in it. I feel pretty comfortable running diceless, and I have a few ideas on how to keep failure/success balanced.

Where I come from we have a saying, "A DM rolls the dice because he likes the sound." In other words, a good game is founded on people taking interest and having fun. Or there's always the compromise of a rules-light system.

Last edited:
Ooo! This sounds fun. I have the same issues where all the roleplays I try and take part in die. This sounds promising. Let me know if I can take part!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back