• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5th Ed: Heroes of Talltree

I'd like to launch this Thursday the 7th.

If anyone else would like to join I'd prefer to have your sheets by then. Still plenty of room.

It seems I'm up for it. Trying to make a bard mostly off putting together information from the internet itself..

I'm learning all the stuff as I go along. I may have a bit of trouble when learning new spells later just to warn. Also turns out you can just update goolge documents with just adding a 'new' version instead of deleting it and reposting up a different version of the .pdf. Yay! xD

Don't worry too much, myself and the others will undoubtedly be able to help you with anything you need. And it's not like I'm gonna drop a Tarrasque on you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kay, the sum total of my time spent playing in D&D systems is 2 sessions of D&D 2, and the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, which ran in AD&D

If you don't mind I would like to Join, I have to learn the system though so give me till tomorrow to have my character sheet please

If you have questions I can probably help while Cashdash is asleep, or at least point you in the direction of what page on the handbook to use.

Heh. I already made one, so if you don'tt 'want to duplicate my character to much, go with something other than Shadows.

I'm going to multi-class, into fighter I like a heavy hitter. Although I understand there are better options for a heavy hitter, I'm going to attempt to be creative with this.

From my understanding martial arts works whether I wear armor or not, therefore I take advantage of that and multi class fighter to take advantage of the armor, the fighting style and the second wind.

[QUOTE="Dogmatic Hermit]From my understanding martial arts works whether I wear armor or not, therefore I take advantage of that and multi class fighter to take advantage of the armor, the fighting style and the second wind.

[/QUOTE]
Martial Arts bonuses only apply if you're unarmored, don't have a shield and are either unarmed or wielding a monk weapon.

But if your Dex and Wis modifiers can be made high enough it would balance out.

Monk weapons btw are simple weapons that aren't two-handed or heavy, plus short swords.

[QUOTE="Dogmatic Hermit]Shame well all multi-classes have their compromises

[/QUOTE]
If I may make a suggestion, I'd suggest taking two levels in Monk and one in fighter to start. Gradually upgrading to eleven levels in Fighter and nine in Monk, taking the Champion and Way of the Four Elements archetypes. As that gives you a good selection of bonuses that won't overly conflict with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back