• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5e |The Haunting of Genning House

Blu3

Real life has no appeal
(This is my first time DMing so I might need some help.) A band of five adventure's or best known for ghost hunting. The name of the small town this is taken place is called Jeahking and as you look around it's a empty town but you know there are over 80 people who live here but the thing that you see that is sticking out like a sore thumb is a LARGE gothic Manson. That's were the ghost sightings are.

I wouldn't mind joining if you find more people. I'd like to use a homebrew class though, if that's alright. I've also had several years of DM experience, so I don't mind helping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a character idea, but he's undead and can't speak, so he'll do best in a group and, being undead, he's pretty good at not getting possessed by ghosts. It'd be up to you if he's appropriate.

Thanks for joining.

I've got a character idea, but he's undead and can't speak, so he'll do best in a group and, being undead, he's pretty good at not getting possessed by ghosts. It'd be up to you if he's appropriate.

If he can find a way to communicate then he would be fine but being undead is great

I'm down to join any D&D but I'm new and need help

I'll try to help as much as possible

I wouldn't mind joining if you find more people. I'd like to use a homebrew class though, if that's alright. I've also had several years of DM experience, so I don't mind helping.

Just saw this not sure if you are still down but I'll be down for the Homebrew class.

I tried to avoid using homebrew in my character, but I do come up with homebrew in my free time. If you need someone to take a look at your homebrew class, I can give some pointers. As for my character, how he communicates with others would come down to how silly you want this game to be. If we're going full Loony Toons, I can have him spin his axe to have impossible words show up on the side of the blade as text bubbles, full-on Bugs Bunny style. @The Inkeeper @Blu3

I tried to avoid using homebrew in my character, but I do come up with homebrew in my free time. If you need someone to take a look at your homebrew class, I can give some pointers. As for my character, how he communicates with others would come down to how silly you want this game to be. If we're going full Loony Toons, I can have him spin his axe to have impossible words show up on the side of the blade as text bubbles, full-on Bugs Bunny style.

I was thinking maybe he showed the group hand movements which mean letters and one of the group members can say what he is trying to say.

@Blu3 Problem with that is, all his mental stats are 6s. I'm not sure how intelligible an undead wall of a man could be with something as intricate as Sign Language, especially when he's barely smarter than the animals he kills.

I'm still down to play, and my homebrew class plays off of the Muscle Wizard legend of D&D. @transcendantviewer He could always communicate simply with grunts and gestures. It makes for an interesting mechanic,  easy gameplay,  and one wicked game of charades. 

i don't neccessarily homebrew new content for D&D 5e. i apply a layer of cosmetic dressing over a pre existing build, commonly called a Reskin or as Savage Worlds calls it, a Trapping, trappings are a fun thing to actually use. they add distinct flavor to two characters who are remotely similar.

Yeah of course its still good. I'll try to find a chatacter sheet for the people who haven't found a 5e chara sheet

Sorry for not responding earlier. Here's one that's always worked well for me. It's nothing special, but it's the standard and you can fill in most of the blanks. Everybody should try to have a picture of their characters at the ready as well as a copy of their character sheet. @Blu3, want me to set up a room for the characters?

View attachment 184317

if you could walk me through this or link me a youtube video that explains this well, i can have a CS by tonight

Well, basically, just read through what you can. I don't have a link to a video on how to create a character. Just read the book slowly and make sure to ask questions.

Woot. Is it okay if I use a special homebrew Barbarian Archetype I've been working on? Functionally, it's roughly the same as the Bear Totem Barbarian, but grants slightly different resistances. Its later features will likely not come into fruition, but I can send you a copy of it, if you want to check it out.

When your character sheets are done link them to me!

*Making the allies and enemy's of the game. Still is on the first one*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back