• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5E Short Puzzle Game

Error 420

One Thousand Club
Hi there, I've been a DM for about the past year with a group, and in this campaign, I made a lot of content. Five campaign's worth. As schedules have been becoming more and more tight, I've been trimming a lot of fat to guide us along to a more natural ending, or at least a resolution to the plot that will take more than a year to get to. One of the arcs that I was the most fond of that was cut short was one I called Echo. It had a crummy name, but it was awesome, and it unfortunately didn't fit anywhere, and it would slow down my current campaign by quite a lot to try to inject it in the endgame. Without spoiling too much, here's the basics of the arc I planned.

It all takes place in one very large mansion.
It is primarily puzzle focused.
It was meant for high-level PC's (I meant to put this in when my players were level 14-16.).
The party would be a fair balance of different types of spellcasters and specialty classes and at least one tank, and would use those specialties and spells (and tankiness) for puzzles. (Our party has a sorcerer, a warlock, a rogue, a monk, and a fighter/bard).
It's meant to be serious in tone. (one of the main reasons why I cut it from my mostly comedic campaign.)

Because of the likely short nature of this game (maybe 10-15 hours) this game does not require strict scheduling. I'm willing to take up to 20 weeks with it, playing once or twice per week on average. There can definitely be off-weeks and rescheduling. I'll start this no later than November.

As for skill level and familiarity with D&D, not too much is strictly required, but because of the very puzzle-based mechanics I want players who are at least competent with the tools at their disposal. I usually let new people play in D&D games, but this is the unfortunate exception.

Due to the non-combat centered gameplay, we could play through voice on discord or here on RPnation. I will not be using assisting tools like Roll20 or online map editors, just to make things move more fluidly.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of character creation, just tell me what you want and I can find a pre-gen or make one up for you. If you're interested in playing, just post here, tell me your preferences for discord/rpn, tell me what kind of character you're thinking of (or provide a level 12 character sheet), and your timezone for easy timing of play.

Hi there, I've been a DM for about the past year with a group, and in this campaign, I made a lot of content. Five campaign's worth. As schedules have been becoming more and more tight, I've been trimming a lot of fat to guide us along to a more natural ending, or at least a resolution to the plot that will take more than a year to get to. One of the arcs that I was the most fond of that was cut short was one I called Echo. It had a crummy name, but it was awesome, and it unfortunately didn't fit anywhere, and it would slow down my current campaign by quite a lot to try to inject it in the endgame. Without spoiling too much, here's the basics of the arc I planned.

It all takes place in one very large mansion.
It is primarily puzzle focused.
It was meant for high-level PC's (I meant to put this in when my players were level 14-16.).
The party would be a fair balance of different types of spellcasters and specialty classes and at least one tank, and would use those specialties and spells (and tankiness) for puzzles. (Our party has a sorcerer, a warlock, a rogue, a monk, and a fighter/bard).
It's meant to be serious in tone. (one of the main reasons why I cut it from my mostly comedic campaign.)

Because of the likely short nature of this game (maybe 10-15 hours) this game does not require strict scheduling. I'm willing to take up to 20 weeks with it, playing once or twice per week on average. There can definitely be off-weeks and rescheduling. I'll start this no later than November.

As for skill level and familiarity with D&D, not too much is strictly required, but because of the very puzzle-based mechanics I want players who are at least competent with the tools at their disposal. I usually let new people play in D&D games, but this is the unfortunate exception.

Due to the non-combat centered gameplay, we could play through voice on discord or here on RPnation. I will not be using assisting tools like Roll20 or online map editors, just to make things move more fluidly.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of character creation, just tell me what you want and I can find a pre-gen or make one up for you. If you're interested in playing, just post here, tell me your preferences for discord/rpn, tell me what kind of character you're thinking of (or provide a level 12 character sheet), and your timezone for easy timing of play.

Hey, what's up? If it's all the same to you, I'd like to join your campaign. I'm fairly experienced with D&D. I've been playing for about a year with short lived campaigns. I was hoping I could be a Scottish human phoenix sorcerer with a dip into rogue. I'd be okay with just phoenix sorcerer too if multi classing muddles things. Let me know soon.

Hey, what's up? If it's all the same to you, I'd like to join your campaign. I'm fairly experienced with D&D. I've been playing for about a year with short lived campaigns. I was hoping I could be a Scottish human phoenix sorcerer with a dip into rogue. I'd be okay with just phoenix sorcerer too if multi classing muddles things. Let me know soon.

I don't know what you mean by Scottish, but that's all cool. I wouldn't recommend multiclassing but it's fine with me.

Ooohhh i just started D&D and so far i am having a ton to fun and I am wishing for more! This puzzel game sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I wish to join but i have a limited free time cuz of work, and im hesistant that it might conflict with the other campaign (it's once a week on a fri/sat). However, I am willing to be flexible and try to work things out!

I am pst and I do not have a preference class (my first class is a fighter but i like to try other things). Discord sounds the easiest and quicker than on rpn.

Ooohhh i just started D&D and so far i am having a ton to fun and I am wishing for more! This puzzel game sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I wish to join but i have a limited free time cuz of work, and im hesistant that it might conflict with the other campaign (it's once a week on a fri/sat). However, I am willing to be flexible and try to work things out!

I am pst and I do not have a preference class (my first class is a fighter but i like to try other things). Discord sounds the easiest and quicker than on rpn.

Sounds good. If you're new to D&D, I'd be perfectly willing to help you build a character.

Sounds good. If you're new to D&D, I'd be perfectly willing to help you build a character.
Thank you, the help is very welcomed. So should I wait until November for us to start? And i guess this group will have a serious tone?

Have you heard of orcpub?

Thank you, the help is very welcomed. So should I wait until November for us to start? And i guess this group will have a serious tone?

Have you heard of orcpub?
I have not heard of orcpub, we shall see when we start, and the group can be serious or goofy, it's up to you all. I haven't written this game to be comedic, but I'm always fluid and willing to rewrite.

I have not heard of orcpub, we shall see when we start, and the group can be serious or goofy, it's up to you all. I haven't written this game to be comedic, but I'm always fluid and willing to rewrite.
Orcpub is an 5e online chacter sheet site. It's a pretty simple site to use and make multiple cs. It does calculations n shows what stuffs a class needs (though i know i should do those stuffs to learn d&d hahah).

Here's a link of a character on it.

Do you have a class recommendation for me to play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back