• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Customizing the Site!

Daisie

"Confused and fungal"
Roleplay Type(s)
Do you know what would be really cool? If you could customize the look of the site more! For each account, you could customize the background to your liking. For example, you could change the colors of the background and the highlights to different colors:

YgJYFoI.png

It would look like whatever you picked whenever you logged into your account. :)

Or maybe you could even customize the background to be a picture of some sort!

Ex:

LTKojmV.png

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, or if it's an actual option waiting to happen. Just an idea I'd love to throw out there! I think it would be really cool if we had a personalized layout for each account.

And I'm also not sure how much work it would take, but I hope that maybe someday it can happen!! :D

Thanks for reading! ( :) )

This used to be an option but from my understanding, it caused extreme site slow down and crashing issues for a lot of users.

Mordecai said:
This used to be an option but from my understanding, it caused extreme site slow down and crashing issues for a lot of users.
Aw, that's too bad. :( Maybe someday in the future it could happen again, without the slowdown.

Editing those pictures was fun though xD

Daisie said:
Do you know what would be really cool? If you could customize the look of the site more! For each account, you could customize the background to your liking. For example, you could change the colors of the background and the highlights to different colors:
YgJYFoI.png

It would look like whatever you picked whenever you logged into your account. :)

Or maybe you could even customize the background to be a picture of some sort!

Ex:

LTKojmV.png

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, or if it's an actual option waiting to happen. Just an idea I'd love to throw out there! I think it would be really cool if we had a personalized layout for each account.

And I'm also not sure how much work it would take, but I hope that maybe someday it can happen!! :D

Thanks for reading! ( :) )
This is coming soon with what I am officially dubbing and revealing to the public with this vague post as RpNation Version 2.

This includes RpN Style 6, The Nyte Life, and several hundred other fixes and features.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]This is coming soon with what I am officially dubbing and revealing to the public with this vague post as RpNation Version 2.
This includes RpN Style 6, The Nyte Life, and several hundred other fixes and features.

[/QUOTE]
Woooaaah!! That's so cool! I'm super excited! Do we have a deadline, or some sort of ballpark figure as to when it's gonna be done?

Daisie said:
Woooaaah!! That's so cool! I'm super excited! Do we have a deadline, or some sort of ballpark figure as to when it's gonna be done?
Nope.

Well actually yes, some time before 2017, hopefully late August or early September. My definite goal is before my Birthday on October 20, but the definite hardline is before 2017.

It is why I haven't been posting much for the past 2-3 months though. Been putting several hours into it daily, a complete rework of the entire site, finally fixing many issues that we've been slowly slapping tape on over the years and getting a ton of stuff that the site wants, like customization.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]
Nope.
Well actually yes, some time before 2017, hopefully late August or early September. My definite goal is before my Birthday on October 20, but the definite hardline is before 2017.

It is why I haven't been posting much for the past 2-3 months though. Been putting several hours into it daily, a complete rework of the entire site, finally fixing many issues that we've been slowly slapping tape on over the years and getting a ton of stuff that the site wants, like customization.

[/QUOTE]
Ahh. Coolio! I appreciate that you guys have been working so hard on this. What you've made here is so cool, and it's awesome that you're putting in so much work to expand it more. :D

Hey, maybe I can make a picture to celebrate? I've been thinking of drawing a big picture of all the mods, admins, and whatnot. You'd be... Well, a Dark Wizard. Welian would be a space pirate, Meredith would be a goat-horned horned lady, things like that. :) Good celebratory idea for the next update?

Daisie said:
Hey, maybe I can make a picture to celebrate? I've been thinking of drawing a big picture of all the mods, admins, and whatnot.
I've been waiting for this for years :( .

Still waiting for an awesome RpN portrait.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I've been waiting for this for years :( .
Still waiting for an awesome RpN portrait.

[/QUOTE]
Okie dokie. I'll get on it when I have the time! I'd love to do something like this. One big portrait of all the staff! And maybe I can get another artist in on it, too. :>

This is gonna be big.

@welian xD I have no idea who she is, so I'm assuming she's a purple space pirate. I know you told me at one point, but I'm not familiar with the character.

@Anomaly Sweet sweet! I can't wait to start. :D

When I get everything set up, and I start working, I'll shoot you guys a PM where we can discuss stuff. Sound good? ( :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back