Advice/Help CS Protocol??

Nastarial

Limited Edition of Weird
I've got years of experience roleplaying. I'm familiar with a lot 'procedures' with CSs.
"Send it in a PM."
"Post it in its own thread here."
"Put it with the other chars and I'll let you know if/when I like it."

I guess because there's no set way here between the three ways I'm most familiar with, I feel...weird? More so since I'm new here, and rusty af. I guess I just wanna make sure that I'm sending it where it should and not bothering anyone in the process. I know it's different with 1x1s, but for a group RP, PMs tend to be the standard way, yes?

As far as I know there is no standard way of doing it. I’ve only entered like three groups on this site.

1 has you post them in a character thread.
1 has them reviewed by the group before acceptance
1 I think also had a character thread.

But that’s a minuscule sample size so I can’t speak to the greater community. So I would just read the rules on character sheet submission. If there aren’t any than just ask the GM directly.

As for 1x1 ( my preferred medium ) it depends on my partners prefernce. And again I usually just ask them hey what do you want to do?

That would be the easiest way to go about it, wouldn't it? I'm so nervous over nothing, I couldn't think of that.... :-_-lines:
Still, thank you. Looks like I have my plan in order. I guess 'standard rules' just threw me in a loop. Thanks again, I'll keep the diversity of it all in mind next time.

Yeah most folks will specify somewhere in the group rules

I want X type of character sheet submitted Y way. If they don’t they’re pretty clear about informing you if you ask them

You know, there is really no better way to go about this than to simply ask. I know it can be intimidating at times, especially if you feel like you're intruding, but trust me, GMs can use a break to answer little questions like that, and they are happy to know that you want to show interest as well as care for the rules they set up! Whether 1x1 or in group, it really can't hurt to simply ask. Plus that way you may get informed of other aspects, like avoiding that awkward accident of posting a CS for an already full roleplay.

The most common way for me has always been posting CS's in a dedicated thread where the RP owner or a mod will accept. That seems like it's pretty standard in most Group RP's here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back