Advice/Help CS help

DarknessSama17

A star can't shine without darkness
Hello guys. Can anyone tell me if my character sheet is confusing? I think the stat chart might be. Any feedback is welcomed!

Appearance: pic/description

Name:

Family branch:

Nickname:

Species:

Alliance:

Personality:

Background(add reason for your allegiance):

(Knights - Officer, Master, Divine, or Holy)
(Blackknife - Apprentice, lieutenant, general)
(Dracula's followers - Premature, Mature, Royal guard)
(Darkness Tamer - one star, two Star, three star)

*NOTE* EACH CLASS CAN receive EXTRA POINTS DEPENDING ON FAMILY TRAITS, RACE AND GEAR. GET WITH ME AND WE CAN discuss.

Lifeforce pool - how much life force do to have. Do you have the average for your rank? Are do you have abnormally high reserves.

Mana control - are you good at using lifeforce to create mana. Do you use too little? Too much? Or just the right amount. Some techniques could have dire consequences if the right amount isn't used.

Durability - how much damage can you sustain before your exoskeleton breaks? *note* when an exoskeleton shatters it takes more life force to reconstruct. Remember: premature vympiri cannot use mana

Speed - how fast are you?

Reflexes - how fast can you react to incoming attacks?

Strength - how much damage can you do?

Attack speed - how fast are your attacks?

Defense - how well can you guard, and counter attack

Above are the basic attributes. Bellow are attributes that can be added thanks to gear

Awareness - this added along with defense. how good are your instincts? Can you predict where your opponent will attack from even if you cannot see them?

Stealth - how sneaky are you? Can you erase your presence and move as a shadow?

Counter attack precision - counter attacks can be difficult to pull off. What are the chances of you landing a solid blow?

Counter attack damage - if you land a counter attack, how much will it hurt the opponent?

Agility - are you agile? How well can you dance around your opponent and utilze your environment?

Each of the above can be affected by gear as well as family traits. see family tree for additional info
(Add any Stats that may be boosted due to accessories)

Craft/craft trait

Craft most skilled in:
(Holy Knights may be Masters in four crafts. Divine Knights may master three. Master Knights may master one of while having some skill in one other.)

Put your craft and add description.
(Choose craft techniques according to your rank and family.)
Name
Effects
How much mana is needed

Armor, weapons and gadgets

armor: (put what kind of armor and additional stats)

Weapons: add any necessary info

Items: tools and other things that will help on adventures.

Progression
Each rank will start at different levels and be giving starter points for their attributes

Officer knights
- lvl five starting points will be 20. These are basically foot soldiers. Even the strongest of them can be dispatched almost easily. It is when the are in groups do they lose a threat.

Master Knights/Apprentice/premature vympiri
- lvl 15 start at 30 points. These Knights are a tab more skilled. They can be four times faster than sound, some can even get near light speed. They are strong enough to shatter large slabs of dyleam, which is for times harder than diamonds. And their punch could as much force as four rockets. They can survive a lightning bolt or two. This rank is reached by at lvl 15 and having four attributes reach over 7

Divine Knight/one star/lieutenant/mature vympiri - Royal guard follower
- lvl 35 starting with 50 points. They are incrediblly powerful. They can tank a few barrages of nukes, move three times faster than light and destroy a continent almost with ease. This rank is reached at lvl 35 and having four stats reach over 16

Holy Knight/two - three star/general/Royal guard
- lvl 50 starting with 60 ponits. These are the strongest Knights in the Order. They can survive and exploding moon, then cam destroy a moon and can move up to four times faster than light. This rank is acquired at lvl 50 and by having 5 stats reach over 24.

How it works

Points can be earned by leveling up. How do you level up? Simple.

Complete assignments and win battles. Every victory gives you XP which you continue to gain until you reach the limit. See above.

once you lvl up you will gain a single point. (Special assignments may grant attribute points without having to lvl up.)

The highest a attribute can go is thirty-one.

Let me break it down

1-6 highest is faster than a rocket car
7-15 sound barrier to four times faster than sound to near light speed.
16-24 highest can move up to three times faster than light.
25-31 up to four and half times faster than light.

1-6 highest is strong enough to punch through metal
7-15 highest is strong enough to rival three large rockets
16-24 highest is strong enough to rival six nukes
25-31 highest is strong enough to destroy a moon

1-6 highestcan tank a few grenade blast
7-15 highest can tank several rockets
16-24 highest can tank a few barrage of nukes
25-31 highest can tank one or two moon busting attack.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! I'm so hoping no one will be confused
The CS format is pretty average so really the only thing that could confuse people is that whole matter of points and weapon information with people not knowing what to do or what you're talking about with those. So it's a matter of explaining those aspects in a clear manner and from there you can rest assured :)

The CS format is pretty average so really the only thing that could confuse people is that whole matter of points and weapon information with people not knowing what to do or what you're talking about with those. So it's a matter of explaining those aspects in a clear manner and from there you can rest assured :)

I'm thinking I might just get rid of the whole point system. Looking at it now it seems unnecessary tbh.

Depends on how much you want stakes to rely on balanced combat vs combat that is diverse and realistic, or how game-like you want to make the roleplay.

I want combat to be fair. I wanted progression system too, giving points for completing assignments based on difficulty. I think I might just reinvent it but idk how.

I want combat to be fair. I wanted progression system too, giving points for completing assignments based on difficulty. I think I might just reinvent it but idk how.
Welp, it's up to you buddy. I can provide feedback, but only you know what'cha wanna do. Above all though, I advise consistency. It's best that any stats you add OOC are an actual factor IC.

Welp, it's up to you buddy. I can provide feedback, but only you know what'cha wanna do. Above all though, I advise consistency. It's best that any stats you add OOC are an actual factor IC.

Right. I'll make sure to be consistent.

Okay so I'm working on the leveling system and these are the attributes I've added so far. Tell me what you think?

The leveling system

So i want their to be some realism to the game. This system will be the deciding outcome of battles in PvP as well as against NPCs.

Lifeforce pool - how much life force do to have. Do you have the average for your rank? Are do you have abnormally high reserves.

Mana control - are you good at using lifeforce to create mana. Do you use too little? Too much? Or just the right amount. Some techniques could have dire consequences if the right amount isn't used.

Durability - how much damage can you sustain before your exoskeleton breaks? *note* when an exoskeleton shatters it takes more life force to reconstruct. Remember: premature vympiri cannot use mana

Speed - how fast are you?

Reflexes - how fast can you react to incoming attacks?

Strength - how much damage can you do?

Attack speed - how fast are your attacks?

Defense - how well can you guard, and counter attack

Above are the basic attributes. Bellow are attributes that can be added thanks to gear

Awareness - this added along with defense. how good are your instincts? Can you predict where your opponent will attack from even if you cannot see them?

Stealth - how sneaky are you? Can you erase your presence and move as a shadow?

Counter attack precision - counter attacks can be difficult to pull off. What are the chances of you landing a solid blow?

Counter attack damage - if you land a counter attack, how much will it hurt the opponent?

Agility - are you agile? How well can you dodge and dance around your opponent?

Each of the above can be affected by gear as well as family traits. see family tree for additional info

I see. And in pratice, how do you plan for these to work? How do you plan to manifest it if say, I have 15 agility?

I see. And in pratice, how do you plan for these to work? How do you plan to manifest it if say, I have 15 agility?

Okay so my rp has ranks. Officer Knight, master Knight, Divine Knight, Holy Knight. That's from weakest to strongest. Say it's a series fight between master Knight and Divine Knight. Speed, defense and ability will play a big factor if you decide to dodge but ultimately the divine is of higher rank so he would catch you eventually if not right away.

Now if you are going up against someone of equal status but their awareness and attack speed will be the deciding factor against your agility, speed and defense.

based on the States that are involved in each action is how the outcome will be determined.

Okay so my rp has ranks. Officer Knight, master Knight, Divine Knight, Holy Knight. That's from weakest to strongest. Say it's a series fight between master Knight and Divine Knight. Speed, defense and ability will play a big factor if you decide to dodge but ultimately the divine is of higher rank so he would catch you eventually if not right away.

Now if you are going up against someone of equal status but their awareness and attack speed will be the deciding factor against your agility, speed and defense.

based on the States that are involved in each action is how the outcome will be determined.
So, what you're saying is that

player chooses to take action
*if ranks are different----> higher rank succeeds
*if ranks are equal ----->check Stats---> Greater stats (for the appropriate action) wins

*if ranks are equal ----->check Stats---> Greater stats (for the appropriate action) wins

Yes! I'm making a progression system as we speak. That way more points can be added with each lvl. You can use to boost attributes. I'm also gonna add a promotion system. When a character reaches a certain level and have attributes over a certain number they will be promoted to a higher rank. This will grant them a collections of points as well as moneeeey.

Progression
Each rank will start at different levels and be giving starter points for their attributes

Knights
Officer - lvl five starting points will be 20. These are basically foot soldiers. Even the strongest of them can be dispatched almost easily. It is when the are in groups do they lose a threat.

Master - lvl 15 start at 30 points. These Knights are a tab more skilled. They can be four times faster than sound, some can even get near light speed. They are strong enough to shatter large slabs of dyleam, which is for times harder than diamonds. And their punch could as much force as four rockets. They can survive a lightning bolt or two. This rank is reached by at lvl 15 and having four attributes reach over 7

Divine Knight - lvl 35 starting with 50 points. They are incrediblly powerful. They can tank a few barrages of nukes, move three times faster than light and destroy a continent almost with ease. This rank is reached at lvl 35 and having four stats reach over 16

Holy Knight - lvl 50 starting with 60 ponits. These are the strongest Knights in the Order. They can survive and exploding moon, then cam destroy a moon and can move up to four times faster than light. This rank is acquired at lvl 50 and by having 5 stats reach over 23

Different ranks start at different levels? So players will have inherently skewed battles? Should you really give some players a stronger start if you're aiming for balance?

Different ranks start at different levels? So players will have inherently skewed battles? Should you really give some players a stronger start if you're aiming for balance?

Yeah. Knights are just one faction in the rp. They don't normally fight each other. There are other playable factions as well as NPCs. The ranking will work about the same. I'm guessing no one will start as officer Knights and I'm placing limits on Divine Knight and Holy Knights. The goal is to have either a Divine or Holy Knight with their apprentices

Hmmm... you have a discord? I feel if we're gonna have an extensive chat like this, maybe it shouldn't be on a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back