• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Crystal Rivers Academy: The Occult Detective Club

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
taritari1.jpg

This was an RP that I made 2 months ago, but had to abandon to go to Basic Combat Training for the US Army. I'm here to bring it back, but a little different than before

The Occult Club is a group of people that hunt down the supernatural with the help of their own demons. Demons implanted in the tattoos they get. These demons lend them their power. All Seeing Eyes, Elemental conjuring, Interrogation or Persuasion skills, etc. This of course isn't free. Whether it's by blood, taking possessions, lifespan limiting, a gamble at death, the souls of other humans or other demons, something must be given up for access to this higher divine unholy power

This is a mystery RP designed to get more dramatic as time goes on. Hard decisions must be made, lives at stake, freedom at stake, both legally and supernaturally, but your life is too if you want to use those powers. Will you save lives, take lives, or seek to control your inner demon? Or is this just too much to handle and you want to find a way to void your contract with your demon(s)?

Demon Tattoos
f67043ef9f7321ab945e4e0bb933d8a1.jpg
Your character will have a tattoo imbued with a demon with a single ability, and that ability will come with a price. For example, you can have a character who can conjure fire, but will lose however much blood for every second you use it or a liter for a fireball or whatever. That demon can ONLY give them that fire ability and nothing else (So no demons with complete elemental control)
These tattoos are essentially sigils to summon their demon to their will to request their power. If you don't have what the demon wants, they can deny it. If paying the price can kill you (say too much blood loss), they can still choose to take it.

Your character will start off with one, but can gain more (with different abilities) as time goes on, but they'll have to deal with more and different prices to pay should they choose to use that ability.

These abilities aren't to be played around with all crazy, because depending on the ability, you may not be able to recover what you lose. Sure, you can gain back blood loss or lose assets, but what about memories or the more sentimental valuables? What about the lifespans of your loved ones? Not so much, right?

Hunting the Supernatural
Part of having these ritual tattoos is having to hunt down the supernatural. Be it ghosts, spirits, divine holy or unholy beings, you're not in the Occult Detective Club to play around with demonic powers...........at least not solely. Some may need to do these to meet their price to keep fueling their abilities and keep their demons happy. If your demon gets mad............well, they're in YOUR body. Maybe you can capture them and harvest their abilities in another Tattoo. Maybe you need to kill them. Maybe you'll need to let your demon take control to fight. Who knows?

Vigilante Life
"Live for the day the Wolves come out to play"
"Weed out the weak, because it's survival of the fittest"

No matter which path you choose to walk when dealing with actual humans, you may have to pull actual investigations, or take someone down to make an arrest or..........maybe your demons want you to do something else to them entirely. Scalp them? Steal their possessions? Tamper with evidence? Let them walk? Which means more to you, your voice or the new one in your head? More power or less?

The Club
The club is a unit, who takes on cases as an entire club (unless it gets too big, then squads of 3-4). The little legs of a centipede only works when all legs are moving towards the same goal. Fairly easy work, until you consider that demons have interests of their own, one that may or may not help the centipede move where it should.​

Who are you to the Occult Detective Club?

Depends on the ability he gets. If you don't want to put it in public, you can PM me to give me the details

Edit: NVM, he can do it in exchange for part of his lifespan
Alright. I'm thinking his ability is to tell if someone is lying, and using their own likes against them to cause damage.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Can I have a character that made a contract where when he activates his ability, he gains some of the abilities of the demon.
Drawbacks:
  • He doesn't remember anything when he transforms back to his human form
  • If he stays in the demon form for more than 10 minutes, he completely turns into the demon, for however long the demon decides, meaning the demon can wreak havoc on the planet, causing bloodshed left and right.
  • Each time he uses the ability, a foot long scar is created on his body. The scars go away after 12 hours. If he has any portion of 10 different scars at one time, the second bullet point will happen
  • The demon is one with him.
    • He can see an illusion of the demon, (that no one else can see without some sort of power) and the demon can cause painful migraines whenever my character does something, he doesn't like.
    • My character must eat a lot to keep both himself and the demon fed. The demon also has very specific tastes, which causes my character to eat strange things at times, ranging from grass to a pig's heart. However, he usually eats a lot of meat.
      • Also, similar to this point, the demon requires at least a cup of blood for every 10 times he uses his ability, although the type doesn't matter, meaning my character would have to eat a lot of red meat.
    • The demon can force transformations twice a day, once before noon and once afternoon, meaning my character has at least 2 scars that he has to worry about, even if he immediately untransforms.
  • Not only is there a tattoo, but my character has a necklace that he must wear at all times, or the second bullet point will happen until it is placed back on him.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Can I have a character that made a contract where when he activates his ability, he gains some of the abilities of the demon.
Drawbacks:
  • He doesn't remember anything when he transforms back to his human form
  • If he stays in the demon form for more than 10 minutes, he completely turns into the demon, for however long the demon decides, meaning the demon can wreak havoc on the planet, causing bloodshed left and right.
  • Each time he uses the ability, a foot long scar is created on his body. The scars go away after 12 hours. If he has any portion of 10 different scars at one time, the second bullet point will happen
  • The demon is one with him.
    • He can see an illusion of the demon, (that no one else can see without some sort of power) and the demon can cause painful migraines whenever my character does something, he doesn't like.
    • My character must eat a lot to keep both himself and the demon fed. The demon also has very specific tastes, which causes my character to eat strange things at times, ranging from grass to a pig's heart. However, he usually eats a lot of meat.
      • Also, similar to this point, the demon requires at least a cup of blood for every 10 times he uses his ability, although the type doesn't matter, meaning my character would have to eat a lot of red meat.
    • The demon can force transformations twice a day, once before noon and once afternoon, meaning my character has at least 2 scars that he has to worry about, even if he immediately untransforms.
  • Not only is there a tattoo, but my character has a necklace that he must wear at all times, or the second bullet point will happen until it is placed back on him.
Highly detailed.
Fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back