• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Crystal Cove

Characters
Here
Other
Here
49fc6df2aa82fd2184b0dc80331fcda1.jpg Mentions - Lilliana2 Lilliana2 / Erik
As Marisol made her way into the town, letting her mind wander as she considered what gift to get for Erik, but she paid it no mind at first. It wasn’t until it came back to her, slowing down as her favorite person’s voice broke her from her contemplation. Practically jumping out of her skin, shoulders tensing upwards as her head snapped towards the vehicle. She felt her heart race in her chest, but as she saw who it was… her heart didn’t steady.

If it had been anyone else, Marisol would have been absolutely freaked out, but since it was Erik… she was freaked out in a different way. She felt like she had been caught red handed, daydreaming about his dark hair, dripping with ocean water, his kind leadership… Okay, Earth to Marisol.

Taking a moment to breathe and process the man in front of her, she nodded before shyly sitting in the passenger’s seat, sure to buckle herself in, even if it was a short ride. With her hands gently laid and cupped together in her lap, Marisol found it difficult to meet Erik’s gaze, instead staring at her twiddling thumbs. “Thank you...It’s very kind of you to do so…” Smiling softly as she spoke, Marisol glanced in his direction, shoulders still tense.

Even though it was a short ride, it felt like an eternity as she sat in a comfortable yet uncomfortable silence. It was one she couldn’t wait to be free of and wanted to stay in forever. “Such conflicting emotions…” Marisol mused in her mind, leaving the car as quickly as she had entered it as Erik stopped by the Cafe.

Leaning down to the open window in the car door, Marisol waved and smiled a bit more energetically. “Thank you again. Have a good day, Erik.” She almost hummed as she spoke before turning around to enter the cafe. A small bell chimed as she opened the door, stepping inside. Ah… people were already here. Yes, that made sense...but still, Marisol felt a bit embarrassed as she drew attention to herself with the door.

Lowering her head just a tad, Marisol decided to not rudely interrupt the conversation and instead sat at a small table by a window and patiently waited.

Bruce Atticus
Interactions: Morrighan Morrighan

Bruce thought on her offer, he didn´t trust this worm with a cell in his body .´How much of our conversation did octolady spill?´ frustratedly thought Bruce, it seemed like Dahlia was all knowing. However the sweet side of her offer did shine through, if what this woman and octolady promised came true then his name would be known across the seven seas. Meaning accepting this offer could be the key to seeing his family again. Bruce looked down on the worm women, ¨I´ll accept your offer but under one condition-¨ Bruce turned towards Loki and The Unamed Guard before lunging forward with horrible speed for something of his size, grabbing the guard he would grab their weapon and toss it from them before grabbing them by the neck, ¨Bring me your strongest warrior, I refuse to join a clan of weaklings¨ Bruce SHOVED his fist through the body of said guard, with a sickening sound he would pull his fist out revealing a terrible fist sized hole in their abdomen. He tossed the guard away like nothing more than a childs plaything, ¨Once I crush them, Im in your service" He revealed row upon row of serrated teeth in a battlehungry smile.

Erik
interactions: Marisol SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow Claud Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

”It’s no problem!” Erik reassured Marisol as she slid into the Jeep. She seemed a bit nervous and quiet but Erik paid it no mind. I wonder what she thinks about when she’s like this. He thought to himself but as much as he wanted to know he couldn’t find a way to ask. He watched the road and tried to think of what to say, when everyone was around it was much easier to talk to his clan members but one of one was more Moonscales speed. Unlike him it was as if she could read the others minds and knew what to say and how to say whereas Erik just fumbled his words or struggled to understand how to respond to others emotions.
She didn’t seem stressed or scared maybe she was just lost in thought? He wasn’t really sure but even if there wasn’t much talking going on he enjoyed being in her company for a brief moment. Once they pulled up to the cafe she got out as quickly as she had entered the keep but she seemed bubbly and happy, maybe she enjoyed the silence just as much as he did. ”Anytime Marisol! You have a good day and stay safe too.” He said to her as she left he watched her hair lightly bounce as she walked away and he waited till she entered the cafe before continuing on his drive.
The rest of the trip felt a bit lonely and part of him wished Marisol could’ve just stayed in the car with him. It was a short distance to Emillia and Clauds home and once he got there he sat in the driveway maybe a minute before he started honking his horn. Something about Claud made it so easy for Erik to goof off and act less mature than he usually behaved. He honked three times befitting stopping and staring at the door grinning like a mischievous teen while he watched the door anticipating Clauds expression as he exited the doorway.

• LokiInteractions: [/USER] Bruce VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Dahlia Morrighan Morrighan

Loki winced as his fellow guard was killed. Damn. And that was one of the cute ones. Loki made a pouty face. "Hm, well, I'm afraid to say that I don't take orders from you, darling." He looked at Bruce, quite obviously taking note of his muscle. He looked back to the dead guard and sighed. "But I do believe you could also crush me, And we don't want that!" He clapped his hands together, smiling sweetly. "So I'll think of doing it." He swam a couple of feet backwards, looking over to Dahlia. "So, krúttið mitt, who do you think is the strongest warrior?" Loki spun around so he was upside down, on his back. He grinned at the two, fire seemingly dancing in his eyes. He made sure to angle himself so his scars showed. He wasn't just the weakling, the argr, the others probably thought him. He could take a beating.

Maira
5825ea217f298d9014e73b0843851574.jpg
Interactions: Erik Lilliana2 Lilliana2 , Open
Mentions: Yuri ApfelSeine ApfelSeine and Leo Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23
f6b759f762cc8cc3ad13407978abfc6d.jpg

Maira looked down at the name on the tiny rectangle piece of paper. Her eyes intensely looking at the name as if it would some how tell her what present to buy if she focused hard enough. She was pulled out from her intensive staring when Erik announced that he was leaving for the day. Maira placed the little piece of paper into her pocket and looked up towards Erick. The short girl's eyes lit up as she saw him standing there with a grin and arms opened wide. She let out a tiny giggling squeal as she quickly got up and ran to him. The bluenette jumped up into Erik's open arms and hugged him as hard as she could. Maira adored hugs, be it giving them or receiving them. "Bye have a great day!" Maira said happily giving him another squeeze before the hug was broken.

Maira looked back towards the front door of the bungalow as Leo called out he had two more seats in his car. Unsure what she was going to buy, Maira figured the mall would have universal possibilities of gifting options. So she took the chance and ran out the door quickly climbing into the electric silver Nissan. Taking a seat and quickly buckling herself in, she did not notice that Yuri was in the car as well, until it was too late. Or was it? For a split second Maira actually thought about jumping out of the car, but she figured Leo would not be pleased if she did that. Now she had to make sure to be extra sneaky about hiding her gift when she bought it.

Last edited:
DDD4B720-5C95-4143-AA24-8FAB01E7C985.jpegDahlia
Not even the Alpha herself could have prepared herself for what the brutish male had done to one of her guards. Tarken had been thick-skulled but obedient and capable...and now he was dead, the scent of his blood blinding. Dahlia’s posture shifted, her long body coiling as if prepared to strike the shark.

But she didn’t.

Instead, her lips only curled into the subtlest of frowns - the only other sign of her displeasure - as she tilted her head in the male’s direction. Scenting that blood and the tang of hunger radiating off of Bruce. She had not anticipated that he would be so keen to make of himself an example so quickly.

Loki spoke - as he always did - but she only gave him the barest shake of her head and he knew better than to speak again. The others were silent as the male bled out before them.

“You are either a male of incomparable confidence, or the greatest fool have a beating heart.” Dahlia’s tone was even, calm and collected even now, as she slowly began to uncoil herself. “This is no Shark clan, Bruce, as I am sure you’ve noticed. We do things differently here. Here, the only law that exists is that which I command.”

The Bobbit descended from her dais of sand, the rest of the clan watching with careful breathes what their leader would do to someone so idiotic as to butcher one of her guards so brazenly. Indeed, the only sounds in the whole of the cavern were Bruce’s ragged, hungry breathes and those made by Dahlia’s innumerable legs and spikes pricking their way through the sand as she reached the male, circling.

“This kill of yours, meant to show that you are not a coward no doubt, has done nothing for you save that it is a life now needing to be repaid. You owe me a life debt, Bruce, and I find yours plenty fit to fulfill that price. As for your request...I suppose I can play along.”

Dahlia pulled her voice from Bruce’s thoughts, directing them instead to the red-haired trouble-maker still flashing his scars by her dais. Even as she kept circling the shark, her command was clear as if spoken aloud.

“Go get Signy. Now.”

• LokiInteractions: [/USER] Bruce VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Dahlia Morrighan Morrighan Signy Pride. Pride.

Loki hissed in displeasure at being told to shut his mouth, but he did so anyway. She probably didn't like him flirting with her but hey, who was he to stop himself? His tail flicked ever so gently, sending him backwards slightly. This shark wasn't someone to be trifled with. As Dahlia circled the shark, Loki's head was full of thoughts of unpleasant things that could happen at this moment. It would be unfortunate if the shark died, he seemed a stronger asset if they could take him to their side. Loki thought about speaking up, muttering some sort of taunt towards the shark, but decided against it. He rolled upright and rested his hands behind his head.

Loki froze as Dahlia was heard inside his mind again. It still gave him chills, having a voice in his head that wasn't his own. Loki smirked at her choice. Rather than giving her an answer, he sped off. Signy could absolutely beat his ass, Loki had nod doubt about it. He raced through tunnels, looking for her. "Signy! Where in the nine realms have you gone?!"

Yuri

Yuri had taken a seat in the back on the left side, glancing over as Maira rushed in to take a seat as well. He smirked slightly at her energy, which stood in stark contrast from the relatively reserved and quiet nature of the rest of their little group. It felt like a bit of an odd group to Yuri, but perhaps that was part of the idea behind the planned holiday celebration. At the very least, it had gotten Yuri to willingly tag along with a group he was not overly familiar with. It made Yuri wonder how the leaders ever managed to wrangle the eclectic collection of merfolk into a single place.

"I'm fine with anything really, as far as music goes" Yuri said, leaning back in his seat. "Dealer's choice is fine by me."

Though his response was apparently indifferent, Yuri himself felt rather relaxed by his present company. His three fellow clan members were not the sort her had to put on a show of respectful formality towards. Of course, he rarely bothered with that anyways, but it was still preferable not to have the pressure. He glanced at Sall, who was making a strange face. When looking at the group as a whole, Yuri did feel he stuck out a bit much wearing a lightweight black vest over a casual t-shirt and jeans, while the others were dressed for the season. Perhaps, like Sall, he should have gotten himself a scarf too... though Yuri hesitated to remark upon that thought out loud. He would surely get a chance to get something more weather appropriate at some point in any case, so for the time being he settled in for the ride.

(Mentions: Leo Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 , Maira AquaMarie AquaMarie , Sall YourLocalDemon YourLocalDemon )

0fbe87afdc56a180184e7f8233261ef2.jpg
Claud
Location; Eriks car
Interactions; Erik Lilliana2 Lilliana2
Mentions; Morgan
Emillia door opened to reveal Morgan, she briefly acknowledged him with a nod and he returned the nod before the door shut behind Em. He glanced back to his phone as it buzzed.
Sorry I’m going to offer Marisol a ride into town because she was walking by herself. I felt bad.

Claud smirked to himself, Erik was a big softy he wasn't surprised Erik couldn't pass her by without offering a ride.
Ok I'll see you when you get here.
He closed his texts and switched his attention to a sudoku app while he waited. He rarely played games since he was typically busy, but when he did he indulged in relatively old games like crosswords, match threes, and sudoku. His mind wandered a bit to his sister going on her date. He didn't really know Morgan, but he knew she lived at the bungalow with Erik and showed up only a few months ago. He thought that perhaps he would be able to ask Erik about her later see what he thought of her.

He wasn't playing on his phone long when a horn honked outside his home obnoxiously. He grinned knowing it was Erik acting childish. He got up and grabbed his wallet and keys, composing himself to have an irritated scowl before opening the door. He locked the door behind himself and went over to the car and opened the side door "Wow honking like I'm your side chick, at least knock like a proper boyfriend." he teased with his best valley girl impersonation, which was not very good. He shut the door and buckled himself in ready to see where they needed to go for Eriks secret Santa gift.

• Maira

Interactions: Sall YourLocalDemon YourLocalDemon and Yuri ApfelSeine ApfelSeine
    Mentions: Yuri and Sall

Maira held her hands together looking over at the others as they discussed what kind of music to play on their way to the mall. “Anything happy or upbeat is always my choice...however humans do love their winter holiday music, it’s everywhere on the radios….should we play that?” she suggested looking back at where Yuri sat, not really caring what specific type of music they ended up playing. “Oh! You like Shanties?! Do you know any?....I haven't heard that since I was tiny….I kinda remember hearing them from the surface when I migrated…” Maira asked Sall leaning up to him, as far as the seat belt would let her. She had a smile on her face as she looked at him with big curious eyes.

Maira tilted her head to the side, her mouth making a little o shape and she touched the fluff around her neck of her outfit. She lightly blushed and giggled leaning back to her seat “thank you, I love it! And yes it is….its super soft!” she said rubbing her cheeks against the fluff. “It's very warm too!” she added that was something she loved about it besides it just being a cute outfit. She loved that it kept her warm during the cold months which she wasn't fond of. “Here feel it's soft” The short blue haired girl said leaning back over to Sall reaching out her arm to him so he could touch the fluff. Her fingers just burly poked out from the fluff of the cuffs of her outfit.

Last edited:

• Erik

Interactions:
    Claude Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23

Erik couldn’t help but chuckle at Claudes impression, he didn’t usually give a full hearted long laugh like others unless something was either incredibly amusing or awfully uncomfortable. ”Don’t worry bud” he said before heavily placing a hand where Claudes neck met his shoulder he gave it a friendly grip and light shake as he quipped ”You’ll always be my favorite side chick!” He released Claudes shoulder and gave him a wink before shifting his car into drive. The bromance was so thick in the air it could be cut with a knife or visible in a photograph. It was different with Claude. Erik didn’t have to worry so much about being in charge or making sure Claude was safe. As much as he cared about Claude he felt he could trust him to handle himself.

”So here’s the rundown. I got Maira shes small and likes cute stuff...so I’m thinking a stuffed animal or a blanket or something? You know more about women than I do. Right when I think I understand them they turn out to be something completely different.” Erik had a long history of missing hints and subtle cues. Just last year a woman who Erik had been talking to regularly told him she really cared about him and not understanding the context he had replied with an awe I care about you too this later resulted in a glorious cussing out in front of Claude much to his amusement. Claude later explained to him that her saying she cared was a sign that she wanted to pursue a relationship further than friendship and has assumed that he was on board. It was a learning lesson and one he knew Claude would never let him live down given the opportunity to bring it up. He sighed recalling the memory before addressing Claude again ”So where should we go? In town or the mall or maybe the boardwalk has something I could get her.”

• SallInteractions: Leo Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 Maira AquaMarie AquaMarie

Sall nodded. "A few. Drunken Sailor is good." He looked at her eyes and copied the expression, his mouth hanging open just slightly. He nodded to himself and pulled his scarf tighter around his neck, loosening it when he got uncomfortable. He scrunched his face again when a beam of sunlight caught his eyes, making him sneeze.

Sall tilted his head back at her and reached out to touch the fluff. He let out a small 'hm' of satisfaction and drew back into his seat. He looked out the window and put his hands into his pockets, shifting the trinkets he had yet to find a proper spot for. He brought out a couple of cents to look at the glint in the light at made another 'hm.' Sall put the coins back into his pockets and looked over to Leo. "I think we're good to go." He looked out the window again to check for anyone potentially coming up.

Mentions - Lilliana2 Lilliana2 / Vivian

49fc6df2aa82fd2184b0dc80331fcda1.jpgMarisol was pulled back to reality as she heard the chair across from her slide out, a short, petite figure coming into her view. When she saw that it was the ever so sweet Vivian who had come to chat with her, she released a silent sigh of relief in her mind. Wordlessly, she leaned to get a closer look at the gift card. It was pretty cute, albeit simple. But for something like this, it was perfect for what it needed to be.

“I’m sure that whoever is receiving your gift will be very happy. Some people like being able to choose, and it’s very thoughtful of you to think of it like that.” Marisol quietly smiled, cupping her hands together in her lap, keeping her posture in mind as she spoke. As Vivian mentioned exchanging info on their gift recipients, Marisol frowned slightly. It was technically against the rules, and she was such a stickler for those, but getting a perfect gift for Erik was more important to her.

Pausing for a moment, the blue haired woman nodded. “Alright… I need a bit of counsel on my idea, so it would be helpful. I drew Erik. I was… thinking about getting or making a new sheath for his dagger. I can only assume it’s in poor shape now, so a new one would be useful and… that he would appreciate it.” She began to explain, keeping her voice more hushed than normal, not wanting anyone else to overhear. “What do you think… Would he like that? I feel like I am overthinking it.. Oh… Who did you draw?”

• Maira
    Interactions: Sall YourLocalDemon YourLocalDemon and Yuri ApfelSeine ApfelSeine
    Mentions: Yuri and Sall
    “Oh I had head that one a few times,... I like Wellerman, but really there are many fun sea shanties” Maria replied with a smile. The short girl let out a giggle as he looked into her eyes and copied her expression. The smile never leaving her face as he reached out and touched the fluff of her sleeve. Sall didn’t say anything but from his expression, she figures he agreed with her that her sleeve was indeed fluffy. Naira placed her hands back on her lap and leaned back in her seat. She turned out to look out the window as the thought of what to get Yuri crossed her mind once more as she let out a tiny sigh, what was she going to get for him?

Yuri

"Huh, have sea shanties gotten popular enough to be on the radio?" Yuri asked, glancing over at the dashboard before looking outside the window at the passing scenery. "I've usually only heard sailors singing them. It's interesting to hear that they're wider spread than I thought."

(With: Leo Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 , Sall YourLocalDemon YourLocalDemon , Maira AquaMarie AquaMarie )
Sandy

The early morning fishing vessel that Sandy had boarded was making it's way back towards Crystal Cove. Sandy had taken to riding fishing vessels every morning that she was able to. Being able to get out and smell the salty air of the sea was nostalgic, though she could not place exactly why. Her adoptive brother Flynn was often fussing over her whenever she wanted to go out, but with him being kept busy with school, Sandy was often able to slip out and set off to sea with her sailor friends.

As an energetic young teen, Sandy stood out among the grizzled old sailors that she liked to keep company with. Still, she was quick to get hands on where she could, gleefully helping to pull up nets at each designate fishing spot. There was just one more stop before the reached the harbor, so Sandy pulled her gloves back on, peering over the side of the boat with excitement shining in her bright blue eyes. She knew Flynn would nag her about pushing herself too much physically when she got back, but to her it felt good to be up and about. Besides that, she would get to cook up some of the fresh catch when she got back to shore, so there were just too many perks to her early morning voyages to keep her feet on shore.

As she looked out into the deep blue ocean waters, smiling broadly as she caught sight of flashing scales beneath the surface. This seemed to be a lucky spot for her and her fishermen friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back