• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Crystal Cove (mermaid RP)

Lilliana2

Death is no excuse for disobedience
Welcome to Crystal cove! Where it is said mermaids walk among the townspeople and the water is always blue!

Plot

You are either a mermaid or townsperson, mermaids live together in a bungalow on the beach in their mermaid form they adventure into the ocean and protect their territory. The mermaids pretend to be normal humans on land, most of them even have jobs or go to school. The mermaids live in a close knit clan everyone has a role to play to keep the clan safe from rival clans and curious humans! They used to live far from the beach in the ocean but have been driven out by a larger more dangerous mermaid clan 5 years ago. Some townspeople live in crystal cove in the hopes to see a mermaid and befriend one or to capture one for themselves or they don’t believe in them and they couldn’t care less about the mermaids...yet!

Setting
proxy.php.jpg

On the beach there is a beautiful coral reef on the far right (when facing the ocean) skilled divers enjoy exploring it, but it is difficult for inexperienced swimmers to explore. There are diving lessons and tours tourists can go on but the reef isn’t a very big attraction because there isn’t many fish and the water isn’t very deep.

1__#$!@!#__proxy.php.jpg

On the left far is a boardwalk with rides but it’s not usually busy unless there is an event going on or a holiday. There’s no swimming within a 1/2 mile of the board walk there is a road from the town to the boardwalk parking lot. The rides and games are a bit outdated but the locals enjoy them and many have childhood memories of going to their with their friends and family.
2__#$!@!#__proxy.php.jpg

Far from the shore at the edge of the mermaids territory there is “the abyss” a large drop off it’s a fun deep diving spot for humans but even the most experienced divers can’t reach the bottom. It’s about 3 miles out from the shore, most humans can’t swim to it from the beach and it’s only accessible by boat. Only mermaids with deep water creature abilities can reach the bottom. Right before reaching the abyss a there is a sunken pirate ship that is full of old artifacts and weapons. The bungalow is less than a mile off the beach all the mermaids share this home in human form!
3__#$!@!#__proxy.php.jpg

The town is small there is a grocery store many mom and pop shops and tourist activities such as diving snorkeling and deep sea fishing the town is rich in mermaid myths and legends so the whole town has adopted a mermaid theme and there’s almost always some sort of festivity coming up celebrating the towns history!

Rules
1. You can have as many characters as you want but let’s try to keep the number of humans and mermaids as even as possible!

2. No Mary or Gary sues everyone has flaws and weaknesses it makes the story more interesting that way!

3. If you make a mermaid make it unique and base it off of a fish or marine creature if the fish or marine animal your character is based on is small, your mermaid can be small if your marine creature or fish is big you can make your mermaid form big, or they can grow/shrink in size. If your marine creature or fish needs fresh water your mermaid can also stay in lakes in ponds! Is your mermaids marine creature a master of camouflage? Your mermaid can be too! They can have special abilities as long as they are based off of the animal they are built around.

4. Preferably the townspeople will have jobs or go to school but that is not mandatory it just helps the characters stay involved with each other.

5. If your mermaid is injured they must stay in the bungalow on land until mostly healed or until a healer says otherwise.

6. Characters preferably 17+ PM me if you want to play a younger character

7. Please join the OOC discord before posting your CS I will send you the invite after you’ve posted that you’re interested.

8. Posts must be at least 4 sentences long.

9. Have fun!

Mermaid clan rank/positions
Leaders set the rules and fight challengers for their position. Healers heal the injured or sick. Scouts watch the clans territory from intruders and watch for other threats they also do recon on land if it is needed. Warriors are fighters and protect the clan from hostile humans and hostile intruders may be sent on dangerous missions in the future. Gatherers gather food and other supply that might be needed, whether that’s grocery shopping or making weapons out of items they collect in the sea. Omegas don’t have a rank yet or still don’t know their role in the clan but they sure are fun to have around!

Mermaids:

Leader M: Erik
Leader F: Moonscale
Scouts: Vivian
Warriors: Yuri, Sall
Healers: Marisol, Leo
Gatherers: Ceridwyn (also is a scout)
Omega’s: Maira

Human characters:

Edward (fisherman)
Flynn (law student/volunteer surf instructor/lifeguard)
Marianne (Larimar Bakery owner/baker
Claud (local cop)
Emillia (boardwalk fortune teller)
Adelaide (florist)
Kim yoo-jin (tourist)
Sandy (child/treasure hunter/adventurer)

Bad guys:
(preferably a second character, will only be active during certain plots)

Octi (Mermaid)
Bruce (merman)
Loki (merman)

Character sheet thread

Morrighan Morrighan SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 AquaMarie AquaMarie ADarkAndStormyNight ADarkAndStormyNight Chimeric Chimeric Galactatech Galactatech ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Last edited:
Hi, I'm interested in this RP, but a question—is Discord necessary? I totally understand if it is, but as someone who doesn't currently have one, I'm just wondering, as I would like to join.

I am interested in this. I am probably going to bring in two humans and two mermaids if that is okay.

Hi, I'm interested in this RP, but a question—is Discord necessary? I totally understand if it is, but as someone who doesn't currently have one, I'm just wondering, as I would like to join.
The discord is mandatory because it’s the only OOC I have set up and there’s more information on the RP Lore there

Ah, that's unfortunate, but I suppose that's just how it is. Well, good luck on this RP and have a nice day!

We’ll be starting either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on if everyone has their character sheets up by then. If everyone is ready Tuesday we’ll start then if not we’ll start Wednesday. It’s ok if your interested and you don’t have your CS up by then there’s a lot of people so you’ll have a bit of time to jump in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back