• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Crystal Cove

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Yuri

"Wow, you're really motivated," Yuri remarked with a chuckle, pushing his hair back as he looked around. "Let's see... We can start unboxing now I think. I can show you were everything goes."

Yuri led Nadine over to the boxes of decorations, figuring that setting up the decorations would be a good start. There was not too much that needed to be done, though with some help it would certainly go much faster.

"These boxes with the blue stickers have the decorations for the stalls around here. It's nothing elaborate, but I could definitely use the help of someone with a good design sense," Yuri said as he opened up one of the boxes. "Last time I set up decorations I got in trouble for being pretty haphazard with it."

He shrugged a bit as he began to unpack the boxes. Yuri did tend to get chewed out for how he did things at times, but at the very least he always did the job people tasked him with. He rather hoped that the job would be a bit more fun with someone to help him out as well. Plus, this would be a good opportunity to get to know her better. After all, he could not put off making acquaintances with the people around him forever.

(Mentions: Nadine Taelonthesands Taelonthesands )

• “Kai...they truly are not that bad. I doubt they’re poisoned.”
    Kai came to a sudden halt, and dramatically spun his chair around to face Marisol. He squinted at her suspiciously before glancing at Flynn, then back at her.
    "Alright, you guys absolutely do not have any tastebuds what-so-ever," He said in an exasperated tone, throwing his hands up in the air. "Either that or you guys are just not human and cannot taste as we mortals do... or you guys are just plain crazy..." He ruffled up his wavy hair under his hat like he was the crazy one. He gave a hearty chuckle.
    "Mom's going to love you, Marisol," Kai said through his laugh. "Really, the only other person that has ever appreciated her cooking skills, well the lack thereof, is this doofus." He gestured vaguely toward Flynn.
    “Simply watching from the streets may be the best idea, as I don’t know of anywhere we could go with a higher view. I doubt it, but if we get there before the tourists or crowds, we’ll likely be able to find a better spot." Marisol paused for input, but all Kai could do was watch her take another bite of the doom waffle with a wary expression.
    “W-what do you two think? I didn’t mean to talk over you or anything…”
    "Oh, no, you are definitely not!" Kai began to insist, but luckily Flynn kept the conversation going.
    "Actually, my cousin Sandy has a spot she used to take me with a pretty good view." Kai smiled at Sandy's name, reaching out to lightly touch his arm. "That is, if you don't mind heights. It's a good place to get away from the crowds, but you're right that if we get a spot on the street early enough, there should be no issue getting a spot up front. I'm fine either way of course, though I'm hoping to get some good pictures."
    Kai nodded enthusiastically. "That'd be good. Maybe we take the high route if we don't make it early enough?"
    "Oh! That does remind me," Flynn continued on. "Could I take a picture of you two? I know Sandy would be thrilled. She adores pirates. Marisol's costume is beautiful, and I know she'd be happy to get a picture of a familiar face as well."
    Kai's smile widened.
    "Yeah, I'd love to. Marisol's beautiful... I mean, her costume is... very pirate-ingly beautiful... Sandy would totally love it..." Kai stumbled over himself before he gave a deep sigh and composed himself as best as he could. "Yeah, Flynn. I'd be happy to."

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Erika

Erika’s shop, Illuminations, was sort of a New Age shop. It catered to ‘crystal weenies’, Hermetic mages, Wiccans, psychics, stage magicians, and the like. She even had a room for private seances and Tarot or palm readings. But she stressed that divination was by appointment only. The bulk of her business was in herb, incense, or book sales. Her spell books were primarily blank grimoires for budding witches to fill out themselves.

She also served as a retailer of items used by the visually impaired. She had a sunglasses display with a mirror for the blind - just a large frame on the wall (no mirror) with a small bronze programmable plaque at roughly face height with writing in Braille. The saying changed from time to time. Currently it read, “You’re the fairest of them all.” She also had Braille label makers, scanners to convert text to Braille.

Her real pride and joy was her private collection of Phantom of the Opera paraphernalia. She was a very serious collector. The items in her collection were absolutely not for sale.

Above the shop, was her apartment. Unable to drive she hadn’t wanted to deal with a commute every day. Unlike her place in Brooklyn, there was no bonus room above her apartment in which to store her small antiques in need of restoration. Here she had to lease the shop next door. That had given her the extra space for her psychic readings, and private Phantom of the Opera museum, plus space for storage. It was simple and cozy, but pricey.

Kassandra

Kassandra had been a psychic once, back during her troubled youth. It had been little more than a scam. She still felt a little guilty about swindling people out of their money. But she had drawn a line that she would never cross. When her ‘manager ‘ tried to cross that line, Kassandra had rebelled and swore off such work. Card tricks, shell games, mentalist trickery, even some escapist magic were all in her bag of tricks.

Her whole childhood was a lie. The truth was that she had never had one. It was not public knowledge, but she had confessed to a court ordered therapist that she had been born into the world of human trafficking. She had escaped and lived on the streets by her wit in the form of con games.

She had come clean to the New York governor and the FBI about this fact. Her records were mostly juvenile. But all the felonies she had racked up were largely adult with enough cumulative prison time if convicted to put her away for centuries. Then she got involved with some vigilantes. The only thing that kept her out of prison was that she hadn’t actually broken the law. Turns out there are no laws in the USA against vigilantism. But one has to walk a very fine line or break laws while pursuing justice.

Her friend, Erika, had been a victim of a nutcase who had taken some of her readings too serious. One of Erika’s clients had been a woman being scammed by a sexual predator. Her warnings had prompted a response to seek protection. That had drawn the assault by the predator. It had cost Erika her shop, home and guide dog.

To start life anew while holding onto a piece of her past, Kassandra had helped Erika find a place for her new shop and get moved. She had also bought herself a VERY nice lighthouse home on the beach sitting on about 5 acres of beachfront land. It was the house and privacy she loved, not the water. She never went very far toward the shore - ever. And it was still in the process of being remodeled. Most of the house was completed, but the tower was going to take a while longer. She had offered Erika a room, but her friend had turned her down, preferring her zero commute life.

Parade

Erica had NOT wanted to attend the parade. To her a crowd was a nightmare. Back before her guide dog was killed, she might have been more willing. But Kassandra had a plan. She wasn’t a huge fan, but she felt that they needed to get out and mingle, get to know people. And … Kassandra had a gimmick. She didn’t make Erika dress up. And she had an excuse for not dressing up either.

“Ear Plugs?” Kass asked.

“Uhm, blind person?” Erika asked.

“You won’t be able to hear much anyways. Just industrial noise suppression. I wear them too. Sunglasses too in my case. Otherwise it is just sensory overload.” Kass explained.

“Thanks.” She stuck plugs in her ears. “So how is this going to work.”

“Oh, just an idea I got back in NYC. I am going to wear a harness and be your Seeing Eye Person.” Kass smiled.

Erika cracked a laugh. It was NOT the sort of thing she would have ever asked of someone. But the idea had become a running joke in NYC. Kass had decided to take the idea seriously, contacted the people who originated the idea and got permission to use it for her blind friend. It didn't hurt to become a patron to their website.

https://improveverywhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IMG_6893-1.jpg

The major change she made to the leash was a practical and serious one. She replaced the limp leash with one used for a guide dog.

Erika thought the idea was hilarious. She knew of people who went through training being walked around. But all they ever did was hold onto a shoulder. She had been born blind, so she had never had to go through such training - or simply didn’t remember it.

As they departed Kass turned the OPEN sign over to CLOSED and attached a note facing outward to let people know the shop would be closed until after the parade.

First stop was the cafe. Tazo chai and three lumps of sugar for Erika; Up All Night coffee (or whatever passed for it) with two extra shots of espresso, a hint of cream and sugar. Erika already knew the Boardwalk fairly well. And despite being able to fix her own tea, it was one of the pleasures she indulged in. Though, to be honest, she preferred to send Kass. She was still new to the area. Kass was a bit of a health nut, but coffee was one of those pleasures she enjoyed. Once caffeinated, Kass led Erika around until they found a nice bench to sit at and wait for the parade to begin.

(Open)

Iris Belle

Seeing Zasha extend his hand with the blade still in it, Iris pulled her hand back a bit. After he put the knife away, she fully extended her hand again, shaking it. "Well to be fair, I don't know these two. When I came over here you were alone. I didn't think we'd cause so much attention, but it is March of the Mermaids." She said, indicating how she was dressed. She by far was not the most decked out person, but she wasn't the least either. Maybe next year someone will rope her into doing something more flashy and shiny, but this year they had to twist her arm to even participate.

"So, what is your name?" Iris asked Zasha, letting the two that was with them leave without giving them any reason to stay. "You still have yet to tell me. It's only fair since you now know mine."

Mentions: ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Zasha

"I don't see why it's so important to know my name, but since you want to know so bad, I'll tell you," Zasha said with a slight shrug, resting his hands on his knees. "I am called Zasha by most who know me by name, which isn't many around these parts."

He shrugged slightly as he regarded Iris thoughtfully, for the first time starting to take an interest in who was talking to him.

"It's not very often that someone tries to hold a casual conversation with me. Are you a tourist?" he asked, realizing that he'd never really seen her around before. Not that he got out much to begin with. "You don't seem as ridiculous as those people who were talking to us earlier, though that's strange in it's own way."

(Mentions: Iris MaddyMadz MaddyMadz )

• Mentions - Shame Shame Kai, ApfelSeine ApfelSeine Flynn

Marisol’s heart skipped a beat, had he figured her out? ‘Not human’...she quickly realized he was joking, then giggling a bit in response. “Maybe you’re the weird one, Kai.” She couldn’t help but chuckle more as she suggested it, not understanding his disdain for some waffles…

“I don’t mind heights...so I’ll follow your lead, Flynn.” Marisol smiled warmly, heart beginning to calm back down from the previous mini-panic. But as he asked for a photo, a bit of the anxiety came back to her.

“Oh…” She paused, struggling to find words as she glanced at the ground, absent-mindedly beginning to play with a piece of her hair anxiously. “Sure...I’m not sure if I’m the most photogenic...but if it’d make her happy, then I’d be glad to.” Marisol explained, still struggling to make eye contact for a while.

Kai stumbling over his words didn’t exactly help, making a hint of pink float across her cheeks, almost glowing. “Thank you, Kai…” She mumbled, posing with him for the photo.

After it was taken, Marisol let out a silent sigh of relief. “In that case...we should get going, shouldn’t we?” She suggested, moving ahead of the two men, gesturing for them to follow her to the streets to find a spot.

Iris Belle

Zasha. She will have to remember that name. "It's just polite to know who you're talking to." Iris said in response to why she wants to know his name. She shrugged her shoulders a bit and leaned back onto the back of the bench.

"I'm not a tourist, but I haven't lived here too too long. I've lived here for less than a year. Those two, to my knowledge are a bit of odd balls, most people here aren't that obsessive with the mermaid lore. Everyone loves it, but aren't going out of their way to find any.
" She said. "But that's just what I gathered, you seem like you've lived here longer than I have, you must have your own thoughts on everything." She was curious what he knew exactly, or thought that he knew. She glanced real quick towards the floats to one, see if Ares was still there and angry since he's put his blade away, and two, see if the festival was about to start. Once it does it would probably end up being too loud for them to continue normal conversation that didn't invole yelling just to be heard.

(Mentions: Zasha ApfelSeine ApfelSeine Ares August August )

Flynn Riegel

After he had taken the picture, Flynn tucked his foster sister's camera safely back into its case. He had, at least from the looks of it, managed to get a decent photograph of the two, so he was looking forward to being able to show Sandy when he got the chance. As Marisol motioned for them to follow along after her, Flynn stepped forward to tail behind her. It seemed that things were starting to get fairly lively, suggesting that the parade would be starting soon. Flynn did his best to help the group navigate through the growing crowds. The area near the start of the parade already appeared to be filling up, but there was still a fair amount of room a little ways down the route.

Flynn gently nudged his way past people to allow a clear path for Kai to follow behind, softly excusing himself whenever he inadvertently brushed up against someone. Finding a spot with plenty of room to fit the three of them on the curbside up at the front near the barriers between the crowd and parade route, Flynn moved into place, making sure everyone else was comfortably situated and would be able to see the parade when it came by.

(Mentions: Marisol SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow , Kai Shame Shame )

• Mentions: Jasmine
    Emillia smirked as Jamine laughed at her hot pirate comment and shrugged "Well your voice is cute." She declared with a grin. Jasmine wasn't off when she said that Em wouldn't know how hot she was, but she didn't plan on telling her she felt attractive, that would seem strange.
    Jasmine living her whole life in crystal cove was a bit of a surprise, she had always assumed most people moved to crystal cove or left crystal cove, not stayed after growing up there. She was clearly proud of where she'd grown up, and her family.
    Emillia figured Jasmine would ask about her and Clauds past home and she let out sigh as she recalled the city they grew up in "Oh we lived in New York growing up. Claud went to college for a while, but dropped out to become a cop. He found this place and requested to work here. I moved in with him two years ago and the rest is history."

MaddyMadz MaddyMadz

Nadine Yoselyn-Delfia Reyes

You could say that. I think I’m just starting to realize how stir crazy I’ve been by letting myself stay inside for so long,” She laughs lightly. “And that sounds good, I’m not one to mix things up but it’s always better to be organized.

Say no more, I think I can definitely get this set up quick and appealing to the eyes. If I don’t, then I better throw my fine arts degree through the shredder.” Nadine was already reaching for and pulling out some of the decorations as Yuri designated where they were. Strong blues with flashes of metallics and color to create a colorful ocean theme. Already, she was pairing ideas in her head of where certain streamers or fake sea life and shells could be hung.

Here,” Nadine piles a couple of the decorations into his hands as she then reaches for a few more of the hangable items for the poles of the stalls. She also grabs some table cloths to start spreading out across stall tables. She moves towards the first few stalls, pointing at specific items and spots, “How about you start hanging those there and placing these ones along the tables like so, that way there’s room for whatever these stalls are selling or supplying. I’ll move over to the next two beside you and start there, sound good?"

From there the work carried on, Nadine focusing on the little details as if she were working with one of her finer jewel pieces. It took a bit of time to get everything to come together not only with decorations but the rest of the set up for the boardwalk. Yet, with the small conversations she was having with Yuri it felt like no time at all. It was mostly amicable small talk, Nadine not wanting to get too distracted, but also she was trying to get a better read of who he was as a person. Eventually, though, the work was done and talk amongst the actual volunteers signaled that the parade was getting close to starting. Nadine stretched once more before looking towards Yuri, "Well, I think I'm going to head out. I want a good spot to see the parade with all the hype it has. It was really nice talking to you Yuri, perhaps we can meet again soon?"

(mentions Yuri ApfelSeine ApfelSeine )

Last edited:
Erik

Interactions: Claud Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 , Moon Morrighan Morrighan , Eleni FireMaiden FireMaiden

Erik heard moons song, a plea for help and began trying to think of a way to separate from Claud to meet the mysterious mermaid on the water. He was struggled to think of something when Claud mentioned the parade.

”I’m going to swing by my house to check on everyone before they all head to the parade.” he lied again to his partner. He felt bad about it but at the moment he could tell he was needed more by someone else. ”Why don’t you take my car and head over to the parade? I’ll meet you over there in a bit.” he handed Claud the keys once they got to shore and sent him on his way. ”Tell your sister I said hi!” he joked giving him a wink before Claud disappeared from view. Erik turned and walked back to the boy sending it back into the water he waited for the lone mermaid to appear.

I can take them back to the bungalow and have a healer look after them. he pulled out his phone and sent Eleni a message.

There’s a mermaid out here she seems friendly and distressed in bringing her to the bungalow. If she poses a threat I’ll make sure everyone stays safe please have a healer ready for us.

After he sent his text he stuck his hand in the water and waited.

CB5BB1E2-1FBA-489C-9085-8D8F281DB5AF.jpeg
Moonscale

Once the human was gone, the Serpant made her way to shore, her pearlescent scales glistening in the light of the sun. She did not need to shift in order to move on land, but she knew that this form would draw much unwanted attention should any humans see her.

She was, after all, a massive half-serpent.

The child’s blood coated her arms and chest, the red of the blood horrifying to behold against the pure white color of her scales and skin. Her breathes were weak, her pulse even more so as she slowly sunk deeper into death. So young...she was so very young.

The Mer male was little more than a child himself to her eyes, but he stood with the air of a leader. He was strong, and in more than just flesh. Though his eyes sought fault in her, wary and cautious, she approached without fear.

His aura told her all she needed to know.

“You must bring me to your healer, child. This girl must not die, or all will be for nought. The Tides have spoken, and we must listen. Please, Alpha of the Land-Mer, help me save her.”

Moonscale shifted then, her tail melting away into sea foam leaving a pair of bare, pale legs free of her lovely scales. Her skin had softened and smoothed into that of a human female as well. Even her eyes changed between one blink and the next, her slit pupils exchanged for the eyes of the land-beings.

The moray was too weak to shift, but even in this form Moonscale had no difficulty bearing her weight. Still, they would need to be careful with her. Moon - being utterly naked - would draw enough attention on her own without a human seeing the poor Mer.

There is no time to lose, young one,” Moon pleaded. “We must away with haste.”

Setting

It is now approaching noon. The parade has begun and the streets have become crowded with tourists and local alike. Some have already started their morning drinking while others are casually watching the parade with their family members. The first parade was of the sirens song pageant winners. There’s a float with the mayor dressed as a pirate captain with all of the other local officials dressed as pirate lackies. The fire fighters have a float where they are all shirtless and dressed as either pirates or mermen even though they are still wearing their firefighter helmets. A children’s hospital from out of town has a float with sick children dressed as mermaids and pirates happily throwing candy with cards that have the hospitals name and donation information on them. There are many other floats with local businesses as well as a few large balloons of mermaids, pirates and pirate ships.

• 65F0C9CF-1E2D-4CAF-A9BF-61ABE94C37FC.jpeg
    Erik
    Interactions: Moon/Morgan Morrighan Morrighan Eleni FireMaiden FireMaiden Leo Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 Everyone in the bungalow

Erik watched slightly horrified by the scene of the injured mer. It reminded him a lot of the fate of his previous clans members and he hadn’t seen a mermaid so wounded in a long time. The mermaid carrying her was shocking to see, she looked young but it was easy to tell she had lived much longer than anyone he’d ever met before. She look wise and beautiful and almost angelic the way she carried the injure mermaid out of the depths. ”I’ve heard you loud and clear, let me carry her it’ll be faster.” He said as gently as he could. His tone was still urgent and carried with it a bit of an authoritative tone. His leaderships instincts had kicked in and he was ready and prepared to handle this situation.

Erik removed his jacket and placed it over the albino woman helping to cover her nudity so she wouldn’t stand out too much. He gently took the injured mermaid from her arms and turned towards the bungalow. ”Our home is this way.” he said before running in the direction of the clans lodging. He gripped the unconscious mermaid close to him and did his best to prevent her from getting shaken up too much. She was fairly light but her body was firm and he could easily tell she was a warrior or at least she was built to be one. They ran for about a half mile before they reached the bungalow Erik pushed the door open and rushed inside interrupting the clansmembers idllic interactions. The run wasn’t far but he was already drenched in the injured mermaids blood and was covered in sweat.

”I need a healer!” Erik announced as he brought the injured mermaid into the kitchen he gently set her down on the tile floor. It wasn’t the most comfortable spot to put her but it’d be the easiest area to clean up the blood and if the healers needed any sort of supplies it would most likely be in the kitchen, or bathroom if it wasn’t in there. If everyone stays in here it’ll be too crowded for Leo to work. On top of that I don’t need the clan panicking, of either of these two become hostile I can handle it myself but it’ll be easier with everyone gone. Realizing Marisol had already left the bungalow he knew Leo was the only one inside who could assist.

”Leo, I need your help. Everyone else needs to leave the bungalow. I don’t care where you go but you can’t stay in here. Please stay with someone.” Chances are whatever had injured this mermaid wasn’t too far out in the ocean and if this was a mermaid attack they could sneak on land, everyone would be safer with a partner. After everyone left he dialed up Eleni as her phone rang he turned to the mermaid who had carried the injured one out of the ocean. ”You both will be safe with us as long as you need to be. I’m calling up our female alpha now to help assess what we should do next. My name is Erik and this healer is Leo. Do you have any idea how she was injured? And who are you?”

Ares Siam
Parade (Grand Mermaid Float)
Mentions:
Zasha ( ApfelSeine ApfelSeine ) , Iris ( MaddyMadz MaddyMadz )
Interactions Open but limited because . . . ya know, float stuff
areesty.png

After being forced back to his open clam throne on the float and made to calm down, Ares was unable to duke it out with the creepy man who was talking to Iris. The petite crossed his arms over his chest in a pout, quietly grumbling about how stupid this all was until one of the organizers started to make announcements for 'showtime'. Ares took one last glance in the direction where Iris was and took a deep breath to calm himself. He just had to trust that Iris will get away as soon as she sensed she was danger-- she was a scout after all, and what's a human to the depths of the ocean?

He hadn't realized how nervous he was until the float started moving and there was no way he could turn back now. Ares turned his attention to one of the many dangling pearl beads draped over him, fiddling with it in his hands while he steadied his breathing. That's when the festive music started to play and all the conversations blurred together up ahead started to become more audible. Any remaining strand of dignity the feminine male had left died the moment he dawned the princess'esq smile he was encouraged to hold and waved delicately at the wave of people in the streets.

The other mermaids on his float tossed out candies to the crowd sporadically as they passed . . . Originally Ares was supposed to toss treats as well but after a few practice runs and many victims it was determined that the petite was to just be eye candy and not dish out any real candy . . . Or any more black eyes.

This was basically what he would be doing until his float reached the endpoint of the planned route. Degrading himself and all mermaids out there for the sole purpose of the entertainment for the humans. Though he still couldn't help but enjoy himself a little despite repeatedly complaining about it and telling himself how stupid this all was. It was nice to be looked at with favor and to be seen as pretty--- of course, he would never admit that because he wasn't happy about this at all, this was stupid!

Dahlia
Octi was a familiar face, being both a clan member as well as one of Dahlia’s favorite playthings. Her intrusion wasn’t nearly as offensive as it would be for any other mer, and her words held merit. The Bobbit female’s hunger for more was no secret.

Still, there were those words...

I’m sure Nyx wouldn’t mind...

As if she were a child asking permission. The fact that the Angler held the position of Alpha wasn’t something she could change, at least not yet, but the mere idea of being someone lesser sent red - hot rage through her bones. Of course, none of it showed on her face. No, the only expression she showed was a pensive smirk, a look of amusement more than anything.

“You’re right in thinking I desire more than this, but you’re wrong in thinking it’s mere boredom, darling. I want our clan to have the territory we deserve. Think about it - how long have we been forced to live off the scraps of other clans? The Abyss is a cesspit compared to the other hunting grounds in this region. I’m tired of seeing our clan living in the shadows.”

It wasn’t a complete lie. Dahlia meant what she’d said about The Abyss being a waste of water. Of course, she couldn’t have cared less what her beloved clan mates were suffering, only that they remained loyal when she needed them. The Mer who lived on the mainland were cowards and weaklings. It was obvious that they only controlled such prime territory because no one wanted to venture on land to take them out. Of course, if someone were to bring them down from within...

Dahlia smiled.

“You know what, Octi, darling? I think you may just be right. Perhaps it’s time we had a little chat with our dear Alpha.”

Attachments

• B27D03E6-DED6-4DA3-9121-29844DCFBEC4.jpeg
    B27D03E6-DED6-4DA3-9121-29844DCFBEC4.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 5825ea217f298d9014e73b0843851574.jpgMaira dress in her full March of the Mermaids outfit, quietly sat on the kitchen table looking through her phone posting some of her silly selfies. The blue-haired girl was fully concentrated on her phone when Erik rushed into the kitchen with a bloodied and injured mermaid. The sudden entrance had startled Maira, as she almost threw her phone across the room. The short girl stood up by the table as the new person was brought in. Her eyes wide with concern and just quietly watched the women on the ground. Maira gasped and nodded before running out of the kitchen to Erik’s request.
    Making her way outside the bungalow Maira moved to a window curious to see who those two Mermaids were that Erik had brought in. She moved towards a window that had a view into the kitchen. Curiosity taking over her she peeked into the window.
    3e15a27930fff013b1c07c97e6d19559.jpg
    0c4a60e0a500b4a119748f698cfb0aec.jpg
    df877d9309803238f555da7b8e5ad491.jpg(the colors of the outfit matches her head piece)
    fdc3ef3f190659cfcc8b8aa650aa8644.jpg

Last edited:
Nadine Yoselyn-Delfia Reyes

Although she had aimed to find a nice sit down spot for the parade, by the time she had reached where it was starting, Nadine was left to wander past the crowds and look over the heads of seated onlookers. Truly it didn’t bother her too much, after all, she was the one that let herself stop along the way to look at a vendor stall that was seeking out jeweler connections. She chalk that up as a blessing and a stroke of luck to walk away with the vendor’s business card. As well as another point down for her mother’s strange intuition about today being a turning point for her by participating in the festival. Nadine could already hear the smug tone in her voice when she’d call her family later.

Pausing in her walk across the crowded sidewalk, peering over to the streets, Nadine watched as the first few floats began to drive by. She couldn’t help herself but snort at what she assumed were pageant winners of some kind. Her heart aches slightly however, as she thinks about how much of a kick Allora would’ve gotten out of seeing the unrealistic standards of not only human beauty but their impressions of mermaids as well. Allora could’ve gone days about her opinions about mermaid paraphernalia and Nadine would’ve given both her ears to listen to her make jokes about it now. She gently pinched the fabric of her handkerchief between her fingers, centering herself. Taking a closer look, Nadine herself couldn’t help but be unimpressed by the craftsmanship of the winners jewels and clothing designs. Whoever let one of the pageant winners towards the back stand out there with a painted neon orange shell bralette and olive green straps was just asking to be criticized. Then again, it definitely did bring attention towards her, so Nadine couldn’t disagree that it wasn’t doing its job. She shook her head, letting go her lighthearted disdain before she turned it into a challenge of how she could fix the piece. Instead, now that she could feel the weight of her decision in wearing wedge sandals, Nadine scouted out for a place to sit. To her luck she spotted an unoccupied bench just a ways away from what looked like an ice cream vendor.

As casually as she can while still keeping up a pace to get there before others, Nadine weaves past small families, sending out a quiet apology here and there when she gets in the way. It was but one of the few instances where she cursed her height. Still, she was determined and with a little more luck, she found herself beside the bench. Yet, before she sat down she found herself facing a pair of younger adults? Teens? Younger people. One with beautiful green hair and the other with green eyes just as vibrant.

Oh my goodness, my apologies,” Nadine takes a step back from the bench, “Were you two about to sit here? I didn’t even notice.

(Mentions: Vivian Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Finley SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow )

Last edited:

• Leos make up was finished after about 30 minutes of working on it. His eyeshadow was pink with teal accenting the inner corners, and his lipstick matched the shiny blue eyeshadow. The bungalow was buzzing with optimistic energy, but the sound of the front door slamming open shattered that and a feeling of dread entered the home.
    ”I need a healer!”
    Eriks voice boomed through the bungalow, Leo was typically lightfooted around the house, but when he heard the call his instincts took over and he ran in a chaotic scramble to the bathroom with his medical supplies. "I'm coming!" He called. He could hear the urgency in Eriks voice, and feel the tension in the air, he knew whatever injury had occurred was a serious one. He grabbed the bag and rushed to the kitchen where Erik was ushering everyone out of the house.
    The first thing he noticed was the smell of blood, the second thing he noticed when he entered was the while haired woman standing in the kitchen. She had an aura around her that seemed ethereal and ancient, her expression was calm compared to the chaos in the room. He had heard tales of a sea witch born pale as the moon and just as everlasting, and he had no doubt that this woman was her.
    His lips parted and shut for a moment, feeling like a guppy as he realized how the enthralling woman was seeing him, in a pink bikini top and skirt with bright garish make up on. He wasn't one to be at a loss of words or embarrassed, and yet he felt as if he had never been more so in his life.
    His enchantment was broken quickly as he remembered the situation at hand. He cleared his throat awkwardly and set his bag down by the girl who really needed his attention.
    She was a moray eel mermaid, and coated in blood. He worked quickly as he felt her up and down finding her wounds. "Did you see the fight miss? Can you tell me what happened?" He asked as he found a large bite on her side and various gnashes that reached much deeper. He unzipped his bag and pulled out a package of antibacterial wipes and cloth. Her wounds were so deep her could see her organs hidden under the muscle and thin yellow later of fat. He parted her wounds to check them, swabbing the blood with cloth rags so he could see. after assessing them he pulled out silk thread and worked quickly to sew the wounds shut.

586F05F8-8F6D-4261-8B26-78A7D75E0AF9.jpeg
Moonscale

Seeing the modern dwellings and all the oddities within was jarring for the female, but she did her best to remain focused on the child now held in the male Mer’s arms.

He led them into a building that held the scents of many of her kind, and quickly began shouting orders at the Mer within. She knew the sight of her was likely strange, and so made every effort to appear as unthreatening as possible. In truth, however, it was becoming difficult to breathe in the face of being out of the water for the first time in so many centuries.

Her use of Magick - as well as her song - had taken a toll on her, but she could feel the girl's life draining away moment by moment. Just before she could kneel down beside her to give what little strength she had left to the moray, however, a male appeared.

Were she not standing over a dying child, Moonscale might have gasped at what she saw in his aura, the shocking purity of his spirit. He was a healer, and older than the rest of the youth that surrounded them, but as his eyes met her own she knew at once that he recognized the truth before him.

It didn’t matter, though, in the face of what was at stake.

“I do not know the nature of her wounds, nor how she befell this fate. I know only that she must not die. I have done what I can to anchor her spirit to this world, but if more cannot be done I fear the worst. She is gravely wounded.”

• 46613574-BEB4-4DC6-B1FE-B7FB46931082.jpeg
    ErikInteractions: Morrighan Morrighan Moon/Morgan, Whirlawind23 Whirlawind23 Leo, AquaMarie AquaMarie Maira

Erik noticed Leo’s odd hesitation before he began treating the injured mermaid. I wonder if they seem suspicious to him? He’s healing her so he must not think they’re a threat I’ll have to ask him what that look was for later. The mysterious albino mer hadn’t answered Eriks question but he could tell she was in distress over the eels condition and decided the questions could wait. He watched as Leo stitched up the womans side. Blood didn’t bother him as much as it once had and he was relieved to have Leo there. It was a shame the mysterious white haired mermaid didn’t see what exactly had happened, it would’ve given Erik some insight into exactly how dangerous these mers were. He gave the eel another look over.
    She wasn’t the lightest I’ve carried but it was all muscle...Shes got the build of a warrior. Whoever injured her must’ve either snuck up on her or been very powerful unless I’m wrong and she’s not a skilled fighter. His mind was swirling with thoughts when he noticed Maira peeking in through the window. He gave her a reassuring thumbs up and a grin, he didn’t want her to be scared for the injured mer. He turned towards the white haired woman.
    ”It’s a shame you didn’t see what exactly happened to her, it could be useful information. A human was killed by a mermaid out there last night as well. Your both welcome to stay till she’s healed Leo will take great care of her.” he stood up from his crouching on the ground position ”I’ll be right outside tell if you need anything.” he informed the healer. He hoped maybe with just her the Leo in the room maybe she’d talk to him a bit more. He always was good at getting to know new people. Erik got up and exited the bungalow walking to Maira ”I told you not to stay and watch.” he said bluntly to the small blue haired woman. He sighed ”I promise you this is nothing to worry about if you must stay I can give you some company outside if you’d like.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back