Crucible Players - New Chargen System

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
So I did some math, and found that a typical starting Crucible character has exactly 324XP of stats, most of the time.

I'm going to try making a few characters by assuming they have 1 in each Attribute, then spending the 324XP to see if the end result is a functional character.

What do you guys think? Would you use this method? Would you even prefer it? Would you appreciate it as an option, but not personally employ it?

@The Fuzz @Silvertongued

Only thing I'd recommend is clarification expenditure rules for things like Attributes. You and I just spoke of this, but it can be a bit odd for someone new (like me) just looking at Attributes (oddly, Abilities was no issue) and not realizing those are in ascending order. Otherwise, shouldn't be too bad to make something with that.

Quick test indicates it is easy to cripple yourself under this method without fully exemplifying a concept. Solution would be to either increase the chargen XP amount to 400 or provide some price breaks at chargen. It would allow me to justify the division of Attributes into Major and Minor for more than just ease of creation.

Major Attributes

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 3

Fitness: 3

Minor Attributes

Intuition: 3

Bearing: 2

Willpower: 3

Other Attributes

Intellect: 2

Guile: 2

Composure: 2

Skill Value
Athletics3
Melee3
Evasion3
Parry
Unarmed2
Tactics1
Investigation1
Awareness/td]
Mingling
Persuasion

Iliksander Votyr

• Major Attributes

Intellect: 3

Guile: 3

Willpower: 3

Minor Attributes

Composure: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intuition: 3

Other Attributes

Bearing: 3

Fitness: 2

Strength: 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Not unreasonable, didn't take too long. Behold! The Incendiary Rabblerouser. Have political strife - will travel.

Well, in fairness, when I've been creating a character in Crucible, I've been pushing expensive abilities and skills with the easy Chargen points, then filling in the holes in their repetoire cheaply with EXP, allowing a bit more bang for my buck. On one hand, I feel that's min-maxing, on the other, I get a little tired when a characters attributes are either all 2-3 or risk being completely gimped in one aspect. -shrugs-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back