• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crosshairs (closed)

The she wolf did her best to socialize with the others, though she was not typically the warm, bubbly, conversational type. Valentino had seemed to take a particular interest in her, wanting to know everything he could about the mate the younger Alpha had chosen. He was not threatening as his brother had been, but kind and genuinely curious. He spoke often and wistfully of his love, Brunilda, who was currently with the rest of the pack. Elise could very clearly see the way it pained Valentino to be apart from his mate, despite the many years they had apparently been together. It seemed that, for them, the bond had never weakened, not even an ounce.

After what she thought to be a respectable amount of time spent conversing with the older Alpha, Elise excused herself. She slyly whispered the word "eat" in a sweet yet stern manner into her lover's ear as she slipped past him to exit the kitchen. With no reason to avoid the sofa, she had taken a seat there. The kitchen was too crowded for her to occupy her usual space at the island and feel comfortable about it. Instead, she sat in the den and listened to the Kistler brothers talk strategy with Nathaniel.

Outside, Marcus found Angel and took up residence next to her. He had finished his meal and was now only holding a cup of coffee. He placed the side of one ankle atop his knee, leg bent out to the side, and surveyed the yard with his cool blue eyes. The day was unseasonably warm, and a lot of the snow had melted, making the ground wet and muddy.

"How are you feeling, love?" He asked her with his usual deep, charming voice. "You remember everything we've discussed? Anthony and I will take good care of you, but you must remain by our sides to do that." He looked at her, his face serious but his eyes kind. "I have not forgotten the promise you swore, to not run off, no matter what."

James grinned at his she wolf's instructions, finally caving and making a plate for himself. He remained in the kitchen with Nicolaus, the oldest son of Valentino, and Valentino himself. The three openly discussed their packs, differences in not just size but also behaviors. Other than the interactions their pack had with Anthony, the Flaviani's had kept to themselves over the years, choosing to refrain from interacting with other wolves. Neither side had experienced the opportunity to see how the others conducted, and it seemed to be a pleasant change, despite unpleasant circumstances. Nicolaus seemed to share his fathers positive view of James and his Alpha abilities.

"I must admit," the curly Italian confessed as the three spoke, meal long since finished, "I am quite impressed you were all able to continue after such a loss."

James took his words as a compliment although silently he felt a tiny bit of pain, hoping that today would not prove to be a repeat. Yes, he was able to hold their small pack together for a year, but another blow like that might have tried even himself.

Angel pulled herself from her thoughts as she felt Marcus approach, giving him a small smile. He had proven to be protective of her after the movie theater encounter and she knew his words were true. If she stayed where she was to be, they would be there and do everything they could to keep her from becoming a Vampy Snack.

"Nervous," she admitted to him, abandoning what was left on her plate and sitting cross-legged. "I know, I know. I won't run off but...knowing what they've done...to my brothers and Elise's sister and everyone else..."

She paused the small pale girl gritting her teeth, gripping the fabric of her pants while she forced her anger to pass. While she had yet to exhibit many signs of an uncontrollable inner wolf, the pack had taken precautionary measures, teaching her methods to coping with anger and other emotions that could control the wolf or force it out. She exhaled slowly, looking into Marcus' light eyes with her own dark ones.

"I don't want them to be able to hurt us again," she finally managed, her voice nearly monotone, "And I don't want anyone else hurt. No one's said that no one will get hurt, because no one can promise that." Folding her legs up so her feet were flat on the seat of the chair she nestled her chin between her knees. She looked at him thoughtfully for a moment before asking quietly, "If I die, will you tell my parents?"

There was a frown in Marcus's eyes, despite his best attempts at hiding it. Not for the first time, he was wondering if it was too soon to be asking these sorts of things of Angel. A last minute change of plans could put her as a scout or something to keep her from actually going into the building and fighting. He knew that would be dangerous to do so close to everything happening, but he couldn't help but wonder. As the girl revealed her feelings in the most serious fashion she had mustered for days, Marcus sighed heavily.

"That's why we're doing this," he told her. "To keep them from hurting us, or anyone, ever again."

In the back of his mind, he thought the grim thought that they would have far more than just themselves to worry about if Clay succeeded in his plans with Kross. His thoughts drifted down that dark path, but were soon pulled away when he felt the young wolf's eyes on him. At her question, Marcus immediately shot out an arm and wrapped it tightly around her shoulders, pulling Angel to him and hugging her tightly.

"No," he shook his head. "I won't tell them a thing, because you aren't going to die, Angel. You have my word."

Marcus's protective nature formed an almost fatherly blanket around Angel as he held her there against him for a few moments longer. Finally, he released her and allowed herself to resume her normal seating position. He took a drink of his coffee and released a heavy sigh. Poor girl had picked an awful time to find them.

The small wolf returned the Brit's grip, her breath shaking as her chest rose and fell. Oddly enough, it wasn't the thought of dying that frightened her. She was more afraid of her parent simply never knowing about yet another child, their last child's, death. No piece of her felt the need to contact them or return home, but she didn't want them left wondering for years to come.

His words resonated throughout her body, and Angel felt the gravity and insistence they held. She knew that he believed what he said, but sadly she was still not naive enough to believe no one would be hurt. As their embrace melted away, she gave him a smile and soft 'thank you'. Picking up her plate she returned inside, deciding to busy herself with cleaning until instructed to do otherwise. Instead of her normal behavior of filling up the dish washer and moving on, she began filling the sink with hot soapy water. Washing each dish this way, she figured, would at least keep her distracted a bit longer.

Peeling himself away from his conversation with Valentino and Nicolaus, James found Elise, sensing her presence in the den. He stood behind the couch she sat on, protectively, half listening to the chatter of the others. The creaking and mechanical noises of a large vehicle coming to a stop reached their ears from inside the house. The wolves had arrived. Valentino and his pack eagerly dropped the talks they were having, moving to meet the others.

After Angel went inside, Marcus released a heavy sigh. Feeling a little deflated, he leaned back in his seat and looked out at the trees. He was not foolish enough to believe that no one would be harmed, or killed, in all of this. But he would be damned if he let Angel fall into that group. Too many young lives had been lost already. He didn't want to see that happen again. It was the elder wolves' job to keep the younger ones alive, and it seemed they had been failing miserably at that as of late. He knew that Clay was to blame for these losses, but Marcus couldn't help but to feel like maybe more should have been done to prevent it. As he heard the gravel crunch outside, he released another sigh and stood up, intending to go and meet the others.

Elise felt the approach of her protective mate, and her wolf reacted by calming immediately at his presence. From where she sat, she tilted her head backward and looked up at him briefly, offering him a smile. She still seemed to be resonating that readiness that she had, had this morning. Now, there was the smallest tint of nervousness as anticipation began building up inside of her. With the arrival of the Flaviani pack, and the presence of that many more wolves, it made everything seem that much more serious. Given this feeling, it was no wonder separate packs decided to keep to themselves for the most part. An army of wolves seemed more dangerous than it was worth.

The Flaviani's greeted each other, both in and out of the house. Victor had come in to greet his brother and inform him of how the ride went. The curly-haired elder had made eyes at her, staring with that icy cruelty, and her wolf growled with hackles raised. If Victor sensed this, he did not show it, for he flashed a knowing grin at her before giving his full attention to his brother. Elise took a deep breath. She could feel the heat rising in her neck, and needed to push it down so as not to create a hostile environment. Standing up abruptly, she left the den and went into the kitchen, joining Angel at the sink and wordlessly rinsing off her own plate.

Elise's reaction to the presence of Victor shot through the house in waves. James, first to feel it and the strongest, narrowed his eyes at the man who caused such a reaction in his mate. Her retelling of the encounter and how he had treated both Elise and Angel caused his wolf to stand a firm but silent ground. He wanted it clear that while he would not be the aggressor, the you Alpha had absolutely no problems with protect his pack. As Elise disappeared to the kitchen, he remained in place, eyes burrowing into Victor's back before being forced away.

In the kitchen Angel also felt the anger surging through her fellow she wolf. The young wolf, not as keen at hiding her emotions or reactions, immediately dropped the plate she had been scrubbing, sending it clattering into the sink. Locking her attention on to the bond, she sensed the bubble of hatred that struck her memory as the same surge she had experienced in the presence of that nasty wolf. She had been about to go investigate when Elise joined her.

"You gonna be okay?" she asked the older female, intentionally bumping into her side to demand attention. A look of concern decorated the pale girls face as she peered at her.

"Yeah... Sorry." Elise stared down into the sink for a moment. "It's just... that look he gives me." She made a disgusted sound. "Makes my skin crawl."

Elise released a heavy sigh. She felt sorry for feeling this way and thus putting it on all of her pack mates. She knew that it was more than evident through the bond how she was feeling, and she didn't want to put that anger and hostility in any of the others. It wasn't fair. So, Elise worked on reigning in her emotions and getting a better handle on them. She would be fine once the initial shock of Victor's presence subsided. As long as he didn't do or say anything stupid to invoke her ire, then she was sure she would at least be able to share the same space as him. Anything more than that was purely unnecessary.

After his conversation with the others had subsided, Victor had boldly approached the young Alpha, having been able to feel the stare burning into his back the entire time. He calmly turned and approached James. He had no direct qualm with him, but he was sure that his mate had told him all about what had transpired the other night. He came to a stop a couple feet away from James, hands in his pockets and a smile plastered on his face. His chilling blue eyes observed the young Alpha carefully.

"I trust you know that I bear you and your pack no harm," Victor said in that typical snaky voice of his. "My matters with Elise are... come and gone." He smiled. "She really is a ferocious one, that wolf. If I were ten years younger..." A raspy chuckle left him. "You chose quite the mate. I'm sure my brother has reminded you to keep her close. I advise the same." His smile had fallen, and a moment of silence stretched out between them as he simply locked gazes with James, silently telling him that his words and his smile were a farce.

Angel couldn't help but giggle at the noise Elise made, feeling it was all too appropriate to describe the nasty cold wolf. She nudged back against her again, this time leaning for a prolonged period, in a awkward, armless, hands-are-too-wet-from-dishes hug. Elise's distaste wasn't for naught but Angel still felt it necessary to try and cheer her up.

"Don't worry, we'll just stay as disrespectful female animals and he can be a pompous prick with a barbed stick up his ass," she muttered under her breath, but gave her a smile and a wink.

James remained in a stiff stance as he was approached, his wolf on full alert. The mention of Elise's name sent his wolf barking and James' jaw clenched. He did not appreciate the way this offender felt he could use his mate's name, nor speak of her. His laugh snapped his wolf to attention and he growled and snarled, bent to the ground and ready to attack. James forced himself to swallow, nodding to Victor.

"I can promise you she won't be leaving my side, Victor," he managed, his name forced and disdain was not hidden in his tone. Snapping and begging for a chance to have at him, James had no choice but to excuse himself from the man's presence, stepping outside for a needed breath of air to calm himself and his wolf.

Elise smiled at Angel's jabs. They were quite welcome, as Elise obviously bore nothing but ill feelings toward Victor. She returned the awkward hug as not awkwardly as she could, though it was a difficult task. When the two pulled apart, Elise felt a little better. She had opened her mouth to speak when she felt the sharp pang of James's anger burning through her like a hot iron. It hit her like a punch in the chest, and she snapped her mouth shut for a moment's time.

"Oh dear..." she exhaled. "Excuse me."

She left Angel where she stood and hurried to find her mate. She could feel his wolf pacing back and forth quite like a caged animal. Her wolf wanted to let him free as well as let herself free. It was a dangerous combination, and a feeling that needed to be calmed. Stepping outside into another unseasonably warm day, Elise found James trying to calm himself under the morning sun. Her booted feet carried her quickly over to him, and both she and her wolf timidly reached out for him in an attempt to soothe.

"James?" She spoke his name softly, and turned him gently to face her. Her eyes met his, and she could see the fire of his anger buried deep within. Victor, no doubt. She frowned. "Pretty serious case of asshole going around. It look like you've caught it, too."

The she wolf stepped closer to her mate and wrapped her arms around his waist. She placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes, breathing love into him. Love she wouldn't admit to, but innately felt.

"Just hold on a little while longer. We'll be able to take this anger out on some very deserving victims very soon."

Jowls dripped drool as the wolf snarled, in complete disbelief that he dared to speak of his mate like that. To act like he would be worthy of her touch and affection? No one deserved her but himself. He was driven to defend her and his right to be at her side, regardless of whatever ties this threatening wolf had.

The Alpha was consumed in his fury, physically imitating his wolf as he paced, unaware even of his approaching mate. As she pulled him out of his anger, he looked down at her, feeling her pushing calming emotions on to him. James felt the anger gradually melt away and his fury subsided, her words were all too accurate.

Feeling her body nestled against him was enough to calm his wolf as well, who had sensed hers was concerned as well. James wrapped his arms around her back, holding her close and tight as he breathed in her scent. He could sense her, silently willing him into an emotional submission to her, which he obliged. Resting his chin atop her head he sighed, his hold on her firm.

"I'm sorry," he finally breathed, eyes closed. "I can see what you were talking about, though. He's a real peach. I think once it's all said and done with I'll still give him a punch in the face, just when no one's looking. Sound fair?"

Elise felt her mate calming himself, and it pleased her. She didn't like to see or feel him in turmoil, just as he hated to see it from her. His calm was her calm, and vice versa. She kept her eyes closed and listened to his calming heartbeat. Her nose filled itself with his scent, allowing it to swirl around like a drug in her brain. Her heart pounded for him. As he spoke, she found herself chuckling. Her head shook slowly from side to side.

"No..." She lifted her head up so she could look up at him. "I think someone should be looking. Maybe lots of someone's."

It was nice to feel protected. That wasn't something Elise had ever been used to. She had always been the one looking out for herself against the world full of dirt bags. To feel him looking out for her like this, defending her name and her image from those who would wish to tarnish it or take it away from him, was heart warming. It was a very foreign emotion, but she found that she liked it quite a bit. She knew that no one would take her from him. He would never let it happen. Feeling overwhelmed by the emotion that brought along, Elise brought her lips to James's in a passionate kiss filled with care. When she pulled away, her eyes were bright.

"It's almost time," she said a bit breathlessly. "We should get ready."

James gratefully accepted her lips, sinking into her embrace while it lasted. He knew it was selfish and impossible, but a piece of him wanted to stand here with her, alone and ignorant to the remainder of the world. Free of worries, absent of concern. Simply bathing in each others glory auras. He watched her with half-closed content eyes as she pulled away from him, smiling down on her.

"Have I ever told you how I sometimes hate it that you're right?" he asked, winking and snatching up one of her hands and smoothly pulling it to her lips. "Fine, fine, Xena. Let's go slaughter us some bloodsuckers." Keeping her hand in his, he moved with her side by side to the house and awaiting entourage of wolves.

In the house Angel was getting restless. She continuously shifted her weight from one foot to the other, looking around at the others. Her nerves were bundling up and expanding, twisting at her stomach. Taking her hair out and putting it back up (for the third time) she finally moved to stand instead in to stand in the entry way, keeping a safe distance from Victor and leaning against the wall awkwardly.

Inside, everyone was readying for their departure. It had been decided that it would be best to go in at once. Staggering entries would give too much time for Clay to be alerted to the coming of others. They didn't want him to be able to prepare for any of that. So, they would essentially launch an onslaught. They would charge his metal tower from all sides and angles and take it down, bit by bit if they had to. Elise momentarily parted from her mate, assuring him she would be back in just a moment. She found Angel and came to a stop in front of her. Elise offered her a smile.

"Hey..." she gave the same, calming introduction she had woven on James. "Your nerves are gonna light a fire."

Elise placed her hands on top of Angel's shoulders. She leveled her gaze on the younger woman's and allowed seriousness to fall over her face. That sisterly bond pulsated out like a calm and gentle wave between the two of them.

"It's gonna be okay." Elise assured her. "I promise you. One way or another... it's gonna be okay."

Elise pulled the girl into a hug, a real one this time. It was strong, firm, and warm. Elise closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She silently promised the air that nothing would happen to this young woman. Her parents would not be left childless. No more young lives would be lost. After a few moments, Elise pulled away and held Angel at arm's length again. She smiled at her once more.

"We're going shopping tomorrow."

With a nod, Elise left Angel and returned to James. The wolves had started splitting off into their pre-discussed groups. Once everything seemed to be in order, they headed out into the warm sunlight to begin their convoy into the city.

The younger girl looked up to Elise's approach, feeling the calming waves soothe over her as well. She happily accepted the embrace, sighing. Angel really hoped that everyone's promises were going to hold strong. Especially if it meant shopping tomorrow. With a small smile she nodded, moving to stand by Marcus and Anthony. Tony gave her a playful nudged, successfully distracting her as they bickered about who was going to be sitting where for the journey in.

James watched his mate comfort their nervous wolf, well aware of her emotions through Elise. He smiled at her calm, sweet side, momentarily flipping back to the conversation the morning prior. Maybe he incorrectly assumed the home life was something that wasn't for her. He made a mental note to grow the balls to bring it up once everything was over with.

The ensemble entered the city with the grace of the sun on their side. The drive in felt too short for many of them, but they arrived at the metal fortress that served as the home and headquarters for Clay and his empire. Too late to turn back now. James nodded to Flaviani and the mass of wolves split into their assigned squads, each with their own motivation, but all with the same goal. As many vampires would die before another wolf was harmed.

Elise had been quiet during the ride into the city. She had kept head phones lodged in her ears, music drowning out all sounds, thoughts, and feelings. She worked on detaching herself from her bonds with everyone, but especially with James. Her wolf protested and took offense to such a thing, but Elise knew it was for the best. There was no way she would have been able to do it if she were not in the same group at James, but actually being able to have eyes on him would make it unnecessary for her to tap into the bond to check on him. She could keep her focus where it was needed.

While they arrived together, two groups had gone in first. One of them had been Robert, Gabe, and Nathaniel. Another had consisted of Valentino, Nicholaus, and two other wolves that Elise could not remember the names of. Their goal was to go in and figure out a way to get their hands on whatever device or software blacked out the tower from the sunlight. If they could let light in the windows, that would make things a lot easier. Two minutes after they had gone in, the rest of the group followed suit with the intent of making noise and trouble for the vampires. This would distract the blood suckers from the fact that someone was trying to open all their windows in let in some glorious vitamin D. Equipped with their werewolf strength, the packs collectively made their way into the steel fortress.

What humans were under Clay's employ were mostly too dazed out of their minds to be any threat to the wolves. They could be dismantled quickly, and non-lethally, with a quick knock out. The humans weren't to be harmed. That had been an agreement among all of the wolves. Making it through the first floor had been relatively simple. The lobby area had been manned by doped up humans too high on whatever Clay was supplying them to really have much of a reaction time. But as the wolves stormed the stairs to head up and out, the first wave of trouble hit. Freshly turned and low level vampires were the first line of defense. Cannon fodder. They were simply a means, Elise knew as she tore through them, to give the higher ups the time to be alerted and prepare for the attack.

As they entered the building James felt a cooling calmness as his body tuned out everything but the fight before him. Their first encounters were easy, especially after the training he and his wolves had shoved themselves through. At one point he swore he heard little grunting noises that sounded like Angel, followed by an "and stay down!" He chuckled to himself, incapacitating another of the weak young vampires. He could feel the energy flowing from Elise but fought hard to ignore it, keeping his eyes away from the constant blows and blocks that her body was throwing around.

A few of the new vampires were given the opportunity to flee, most taking it while the rest were one by one given a good old fashion neck snap and ashing. The inner wolf strength, when primed, could be used to essentially disassemble the pale vermin, however in these situations it was not necessary. The freshly turned vampires were easy to dispose of, unlike the aged vampires who would require multiple steps to incapacitate and finally be taken care of.

Taking an alternative route, Anthony, Marcus, Angel and Matthew (one of the Flaviani pack members), were greeted by a small wave of vampires. Anthony was the clear largest and served as the tank to plow down the masses, the overflow then becoming the others work as he sought out the largest in size to handle for himself. Marcus and Matthew had mirrored fighting styles, their movements were short and precise, effective none the less. While they had tried to keep Angel in the middle of the group, where she was easiest to be protect, she soon found herself in a comfort zone.

Angel was overly grateful for all the lessons and constant badgering they gave her as she surprisingly echoed her training in her combat. Her movements were swift and seemingly in all directions, moving like a little assassin as she would throw in a kick or a lunge at one of her squad members targets. A layer of sweat had already formed on her bare skin, but she continued to bounce about, speed on her side and she knew it.

Further up the tower, word began to spread up the levels. More and more of the undead army rose, proceeding toward the approaching battle. Toward the top nestled in her room, Ambrosia found herself roused from resting, auburn eyes snapping open by the sound of someone at her door. A fight? She blinked several times quickly, working to process what was being said as it hit her; the stench.

Rising cooly, she slipped into the ruby stilettos she had worn the night before and matching backless dress. She demanded further information from the babbling fool who brought the news, but of course they were all but useless. Rolling her eyes she shooed the peon away, knowing this would require action. She moved swiftly from her room, the sounds of the fight levels below echoing faintly, to Michael's where the psychopath was either oblivious or playing with his new toy again.

"Someone let dogs into the house," she hissed at him, unable to provide details on how many or why, but assuming the right hand man to the throne would have a response. She would leave it up to him to tell Clay the bad news, as was becoming her habit.

As they made their way up the building, Elise thought briefly that it was like a video game. The higher you went in the tower, the more difficult the levels became. It was an effective defense, she had to admit. If the wolves took the time to hunt down and kill every vampire they came across, they would have no energy left by the time they got to the ones that really mattered. This was, in part, why they needed those blinds to open. The she wolf had tested the reinforcement of the windows once by throwing a vampire into them. The glass might have splintered-- though she couldn't see it through the blinds-- but it most definitely did not break. Another attempt, however, with more force and a bigger vampire, had sent the glass shattering and the vampire flying out into the daylight, ashing well before hitting pavement. The industrial strength black-out curtains flapped in the newly created breeze, creating rapid successions of light, shadow, light, shadow. The vampires had to warily dance around this area, which obviously put the wolves at an advantage.

Michael turned from his computer, which was currently showing two screens: one a live recording of Anne who was elsewhere in the facility, and the other of some notes that he had been typing up. He swiveled in his chair, that wild look in his eyes, and looked at Ambrosia for a moment. He blinked a few times, registering what she was telling him. When it finally hit, he lifted one hand and ran his long fingers through his gelled hair, slicking it back.

"Christ...." The pale vampire reached into his vest pocket and grabbed one of his ever-present cigarettes. "Well if you're telling me, then he has to know by now."

Michael lit the cigarette and stood up. He tossed his lighter onto the desk and exhaled a plume of smoke. It seemed that very little riled him.

"Cut them off," he instructed Ambrosia. "Before they get anywhere close. I'm going to get Anne." At Ambrosia's look, Michael simply gave that lid-half-closed-shrug that he seemed well known for. "What? I wanna take her for a test drive." The lanky male began to stride out of the room until a thought occurred. Stopping, he turned and looked at Ambrosia. "Don't kill the bitch." He said firmly, knowing that he didn't have to elaborate just who he was talking about. "I'll meet up with you." He disappeared out of the room.

At Elise's cue several of the other wolves followed suit. The building, not built for vampire lurking, had multiple windows that began getting smashed one by one. Some used vampires, others chairs, couches, anything that seemed sufficient to let in some air and let out some undead. Advancing toward the older vampires, James grew more conscious of his she wolf, working to stay near her. With force he ripped a vampire from the ground it stood on, slamming him back down on his neck, a sickening snap resulting.

"God you're so self-obsessed," Ambrosia groaned, tossing her hair over her shoulder as she moved down the hallway. Two floors separated the wolf advance and her current standings. Gathering a few of Clay's closer men she led the way down the stairs, coming out to be hit in the face by the scent of James. "Oh, oh, oh, you are mine."

Hissing, the ambitious vampire leaped into the quarrel, grabbing a Flaviani wolf and throwing it hard against the wall. She was still young as a vampire, but her ambition and desire gave her an internal strength as she moved, eyes set on the mass of bodies where she could smell James and the former errand girl. The weaker vampires had been completely wiped out or vanished, leaving but just over a handful of older, well trained vampires that were now being led by the vibrant eyed Ambrosia.

James spun from throwing yet another vampire out of a shattered window, looking down the hall. He froze, sweat dripping down his brow as he fought to understand what he was seeing. His blue eyes locked on to Ambrosia as she slowly smirked, giving him the smallest of waves. "Amy?" His attention was diverted for a moment but he gathered himself back quickly, lunging at a vampire that had been advancing toward Elise.

The brute force method of smashing windows had been working out for the wolves rather well. The closer they got to the inevitable hiding place of Clay, however, the wolves would find that they couldn't afford the time, effort, and concentration of smashing windows much longer. All of their focus soon turned to the vampires at hand. A large ashy black male who could have given Robert a run for his money had come charging out, juggernaut style much like Tony was doing elsewhere. Elise recognized him as a frequent 'bouncer' at one of Clay's more popular establishments in the city. She also knew what he liked to do to the drunk girls before he snapped their necks and drank from them. A new wave of heated rage lit aflame inside of the she wolf. Her eyes flashed gold, and her hands threatened to morph into something resembling claws. She charged him, no tact of guise; just jumped on him, legs wrapped around his torso, and used her weight to bring him to the ground. She thrust a hand forward, breaking through the skin of his neck and tearing an impossible to repair hole in his neck.

This was the same moment that James was intercepting a vampire that had targeted her while her back had been turned. She had looked up, not because of the oncoming attack, but because she had heard her mate speak a female's name that he clearly recognized, and she didn't like the feeling that emanated through the bond. The blonde hopped off of the carcass and turned as James finished off her would be attacker. She extended a hand to him, grabbing his wrist and helping him back to his feet.

"You know her?" Elise managed to ask through all of the fighting.

Michael came casually strolling around the corner, finishing a blood-soaked cigarette. His hand was covered in blood up to his wrist, dripping crimson on the carpet as he walked. His gray suit and pale orange shirt beneath were also tarnished by countless speckles and splotches of blood. He turned and looked over his shoulder, a smile on his face. But... what the... she wasn't there? "God damnit..." he cursed. She must have gotten too distracted by all the fresh meat. No matter... as soon as her frenzy passed, she would be able to smell her and would come running in no time. Michael looked forward again and came to a stop beside Ambrosia. He flicked his cigarette aside and ran his bloody hand through his hair.

"Oh thank god..." Michael beamed, his teeth stained with blood. "I was starting to think I was gonna have to come find you again." The vampire tilted his head to the side and took a healthy sniff. He canted his head to the side and turned his half-mast eyes to James. He flicked a glance between James and Elise and then back again. His lips formed an o shape. "Oohh... my. I can smell him inside you." Michael wrinkled his nose. "No, no... that won't do." He shook his head and leveled his gaze on James, deadly intent in his eyes.

James stood, looking between the female vampire and then back to his mate. Did he know her? He found himself in a situation that no man wanted to, in an even worse scenario than most could imagine. The fighting directly around them had all but subsided and she stood down the hall, still smirking at him.

"Remember when I said I was going to be prom king and never showed?" he offered, eyes locked on Ambrosia. "You're looking at the queen. Amy Stevenson."

"Ambrosia now, Jamie boy," she corrected him, eyes narrowing and looking between the two as Michael appeared, adding his two cents. "Oh lover boy, you've moved on and found a new play thing? I'm sure you won't mind if I play with her, too. Guys are always into girl on girl action, right?"

James' eyes left the face of the scorned woman to instead scan the blood-splattered man who brought his blood to a boil. He recognize the face, identified before as Michael Bentley, and he was the sick fucker who had destroyed Anne, nearly destroying his precious Elise in the process. His hands balled into fists and he began to close the distance, no longer interested in a former high school sweetheart.

As James moved so did Ambrosia, stepping out of her heels before winking at Elise. "Come on, you blond little bitch," she egged her on, moving down the hallway, hair dancing about from the incoming wind. "I've been dying to snap your little body for months."

"You have got to be kidding me!" Elise stared. "Your ex girlfriend is a vampire?!"

Elise was already feeling the rage of her jealous wolf, but then Michael had appeared and... everything went black. Seeing his face pushed her over the edge, causing pure unfiltered rage to ignite inside of her. It was like a wave of heat that rushed into the air surrounding her. Unable to control it, she fed it right through the bond, just as James's own rage was igniting. Her eyes glowing, Elise felt the wolf going insane inside of her. She clawed and growled, snapped her teeth and frothed furiously at Michael. She wanted, needed, to rip his throat out. But as she was going for him, she would find herself intercepted by Ambrosia... who apparently had known about Elise for a while now?

The blonde had so many questions, but none of them seemed to matter. They all took backseat to the blood lust that was raging inside of her. She met Ambrosia head on, similarly to how she had taken out the brute just a few minutes back. There was no tact, just the carnal urge to fight and kill. Rather than try for skillful take downs or quick dodges, Elise threw punches, elbows, knees, kicks; everything she could at the woman who had now been resorted to nothing more than the one thing standing in the way of her killing Michael.

"Remember!" Michael shouted at Ambrosia. "Don't kill her or I'll rip your spine out of your cu-"

His very inappropriate words were cut short as James closed the distance between them. He smiled, very briefly, and his lips seemed to pull back farther than they should've been able to. Two rows of razor sharp teeth were flashed, the same as they had been in the video, before Michael's visage returned to normal.

"Jamie boy, huh..." Michael spit some blood at the wolf. "Let's make a deal!" He shouted with a dramatic flourish. "I don't tear your brain out of your eye sockets, but instead let your... colorful... ex girlfriend turn you; you live happily ever after.. blah blah blah." Michael quickly moved out of the way of James's onslaught. "And I take your bitch in heat over there as my newest plaything. We go our separate ways. Everyone's happy!"

The twisted vampire took a punch to the face, sending his head to the side and putting his jaw on a dangling swivel. He placed his hand on his chin and shoved upwards, locking the socket back into place.

"No? Fine!" He growled. "I'll still take your bitch. I'll just crush your spine and make you watch instead."

Michael flung himself at James, snapping like a feral demon. Even if he could not kill him, all he had to do was keep him occupied just a little while longer. He could feel Anne. She was close, and she would be here any minute now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ambrosia's movements were not as forceful as the others, instead she fought how every evil ex could be expected to fight. Dirty. As the angry blonde flew at her, kicking and flailing frantically, the vampiress slipped easily out of her range, reaching out with lightning reflexes to bury her perfectly manicured nails in her hair, yanking it out of it's hold and dragging her to the ground with it.

"Oh, Elise," she purred, digging a knee into her back while pulling her head upward. "I don't see what he could see in you... Homely thing with such small ti-"

A swift kick from Elise sent Ambrosia to the ground, her face smashing in to the ground and cracking her skin on her lips. Looking up, her smirk returned, licking off the droplets of blood that had seeped out. She was up again in a flash, this time reaching for her leg. "Not so quick, blondie. I'm not done with you!"

Explanations would have to wait as James made contact with the beast that was Michael. The blow that he landed which easily would have knocked any of their previous enemies out only seemed to temporarily phase him. His words added gasoline to the burning hatred within and fuming into fury. As much as he knew it was pointless, he couldn't bite his tongue long enough.

"If you lay a fucking hand on her," he grunted, wrapping his arms around Michael's torso and yanking him to the ground with him, his eyes glowing. His wolf was begging, pleading for him to let go and let him out. The wolf would have no problem slicing through Michael and ripping him to shreds, destroying this beast once and for all.

Elise released a sharp cry of pain when Ambrosia's knee buried itself into her spine. The pain had been momentarily dizzying, but the second the blood sucker started speaking again the anger took over and drove the she wolf onward. When her leg was reached for, Elise stumbled slightly but recovered by turning and using her free foot to deliver a swift kick to Ambrosia's ribcage. When one kick didn't seem to be enough, she sent another, and then a third. She could hear and feel bones cracking-- bones that she hoped were Ambrosia's-- but the vampiress was relentless.

"I'm starting to gather you don't go down," Elise said, shoving herself away from the other female. "I can see where the problems started."

The she wolf found herself pinned against a wall shortly after, with the vampiress digging her nails into her shoulder and hissing ferociously. The bitch was deceptively strong, and Elise found herself having a hard time pushing her away. After a few moments' struggle, she managed by elbowing Ambrosia in the face. She stood a few feet away from her, her inner wolf growling and ready to tear her apart.

Michael hit the ground at an awkward angle, his head and neck bearing the brunt of the impact. It seemed to daze him, but that maniacal grin never left his face. He managed to reach a hand forward and wrap his fingers around James's throat, squeezing. "I did this to her one night," he said as he tightened his grip. "Between you and me... I think she liked it."

Michael felt a pulse through his head, and he tilted his head back from where he lay. Upside down and at an awkward angle, he saw her approach. Blood dripped from her mouth and formed a beautifully horrific necklace around her throat. Her hands were wrist deep in it, and sinewy tethers of tendon and hair flowed from her fingers. She wore a black, thigh-length night dress that was bloody and tattered, and her blonde hair flowed free and bloody. Michael smiled at the vision of her and choked out her name.

"Ahh.... Anne."

Elise froze and stared down the hall at her image with blood-red eyes and crimson-stained skin. She felt her skin grow cold and her stomach churn, threatening to empty this morning's contents. Her knees went weak, but before she could fall, Ambrosia kicked her in the gut and sent her backwards. The vampiress was about to jump on top of her when Anne, like a blur, moved over, grabbed her by her chocolate hair and flung her across the hall like nothing. In less than a second, she had her hand around Elise's throat and was lifting her to her feet. She smiled, revealing long canines.

"I know how you hate surprises," she said, digging her nails into her sister's skin. "But... surprise!"

Painted lips continued to smile maliciously as Elise continued to slither away from her. She was enjoying this, no where near as much as Michael, but it was a growing anticipation for months, finally set free. Rising to face her, she ran her fingers through her hair, watching her but calm as if a raging battle was happening.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to take better care of him once you're gone," she purred, advancing toward her as the approach of the recreation of Anne appeared. Ambrosia hit the wall with a thud, being tossed like a rag doll. She stayed for a moment, yowling. "Michael! You need to fucking train her better."

The grip on his neck was solid and it wasn't until the terrifying vision of Anne appeared that James was able to snap Michael's hand away from him, stepping on the hand but eyes focused on the figure that had just appeared and was now choking his mate. The second he began to move toward her Michael took advantage, tossing the wolf aside and jumping back up. The Alpha knew if he left Michael alone for a second, it would mean the death of Elise. With all of his weight he shoved Michael into the wall, cracking through the plaster and sending a picture frame shattering to the ground.

"Call her off," he hissed, now holding him around the throat, a reversal of roles from moments prior. The sound of Elise's struggle were impossible for him not to hear, but the fact simple came down to them being severely outnumbered and now caught off guard. The commotion and sounds of destruction drowned out the sound of approaching footsteps.

"See, this is why I can't leave you guys alone," Angel's voice sounded as she ran toward Elise and Anne. In something James was sure she had picked up from Elise, Angel launched herself at Anne, coming down to essentially sit on her neck, the weight of it temporarily ripping Anne away from Elise as the two tumbled to the ground. It wasn't a moments notice before Ambrosia found herself back into the fray, snatching at Angel's hair but she slipped away, her height throwing the vampiress off.

"Come on, hair pulling? Really?" The little wolf danced around her, taunting and provoking, unaware she had backed herself into a corner. As it became apparent she swore, knowing she couldn't fight singly against her. Dropping to her hands and knees, she made a quick shift. Her clothes tattered and tore as she forced herself to change faster than she had previously. It was painful but she drowned it out, looking up at Ambrosia.

The white wolf launched itself at her, snapping and snarling, managing to catch her off guard for only a moment. She forced her into the corner, switching positions as she leaped for her throat. Unexpectedly, Ambrosia wrapped her arms around the wolf, and began squeezing. The little wolf whined and whimpered, feeling her body slowly crushing into itself. All attempts to squirm out of her hold were negated by the grip itself.

Tears clouded Elise's vision as she damn near dangled by the throat at the hands of her sister. She tried to choke out Anne's name, but the grip around her wind pipe was too much. The blood-red eyes of her sister stared up at her with sheer glee. She had parted her lips to speak when suddenly a small body was upon her. The newly turned vampire released a feral snarl as she was taken to the ground. She had just been about to retaliate when Ambrosia stepped in to handle the little nuisance. Anne turned her wild eyes on Elise and saw that her twin was on the ground, coughing up blood on her hands and knees. Anne smiled.

When Ambrosia gripped Angel in a death hold, Elise cried out in anguish, as she could feel the struggle from her little bond mate. Her vision blurred as her senses were pushed into overload, and her wolf threatened to take control. She could feel the bones in her hands starting to shift ever so slightly. Anne canted her head to the side. "Let it out, sis." She told her. "I wanna see the bitch that put me in that hospital."

But Elise seemed to be maintaining control. This just wouldn't do. Anne looked behind her shoulder to see James holding Michael against a wall. The vampire refused to call Anne off, and even if he did there was no guarantee that it would work. A thoughtful look passed across the vampire's pale face. "That your boyfriend?" She turned toward James. "Cute. You know... I think I owe you. For killing my husband and all."

"Anne!!" Elise cried. She needed to do something, anything, but this pain was too much.

Out of nowhere, Marcus's dusty gray wolf launched himself at Ambrosia. He gripped her leg hard with his teeth and brought her to one knee. When she was down on his level, he released his initial bite and clamped his teeth around the nape of her neck, forcing her to release her hold on Angel. In that moment, a bond burned to life, powerful enough for the other wolves to feel. With the fog around her mind lifted, Elise looked up to see Anne heading for James, mouth open. Elise mustered herself to her feet and launched herself at her sister. They went to the ground together, rolling until coming to a thudding halt against one of the wall-length windows. The glass splintered and threatened to break under their weight. Elise had her back against the glass, and Anne struggled against her, trying to slam her into it in hopes of breaking the glass and pushing her out.

"No, no, NO!!!" Michael yelled. His face contorted into that horrific image, his jaw dislocating to provide more room for his elongated teeth. Turning his head, he somehow managed to bite James's wrist to force the Alpha to release his hold. At the same moment, Anthony came rushing in on two feet. He was shouting something that could barely be heard over the sound of all of the commotion. But after he started shouting, the clicking and whirring of the black out mechanisms began to work, and the darkness was slowly but surely being lifted from the hall. The vampires reacted immediately, hissing and shying away from the light as quickly as they good. Anne had shoved Elise's head into the glass for good measure before jumping away and joining Michael.

Sounds of shattering came from somewhere above them, and through the first open window two bodies could be seen in a feral embrace. Clay, disintegrating in the sunlight, had a death grip on Valentino, and vice versa. Seeing this caused everyone, to stop and stare as the Alpha undoubtedly made his way to his death. In the eerie quiet that had started to form, Tony shouted that they needed to get out of there. He had scooped up Angel's body. Marcus, still struggling with a stubborn Ambrosia, had released a growl to the others, telling them to go. A dazed and confused Elise rolled over onto her stomach, the back of her blonde hair stained with blood. She cried out her protests as she was dragged away from the scene, and Marcus. They had just barely disappeared around the corner when she heard a loud yelp and felt a pain unlike anything she'd ever experience inside of her. It was like some vital muscle had snapped and recoiled, flapping painfully and uselessly. She screamed, and her footsteps faltered as she fought to remain upright.

Two Flaviani members had joined them from another hall. Unable to feel the effects of a broken bond, they were able to help the foreign pack members get away from what had happened. All around them, chaos ensued. As windows opened, vampires began to burn. The smell, the sounds... the everything was horrific. It was now everyone's goal to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back