• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Crosshairs (closed)

Climbing up, Angel eagerly took Elise's offer. The thought of a cold show were less than displeasing. She chased after Anthony, Marcus and Robert bringing up the rear. Reaching the second floor, she came to an abrupt stop, resulting in Robert running into her. The scent of the new wolves hit her and she looked around curiously. Impatient, Robert lifted her up and set her aside so the two could pass.

"Heyyy!" she complained, scowling at him as she was moved around. He brushed her off and she returned to her investigation, working to use her wolf as she had previously instructed to feel out where others were placed. She was beginning to get the hang of it, thankfully, although she wasn't sure who she was smelling, she was able to tell independent bodies apart from others.

James watched his mate with a smile, moving as she spoke to sit also on the mat. Sliding his arms under hers, he tugged her backward, just enough so her hair and glorious mane rested on his crossed legs. He gazed down at her thoughtfully, shaking his head.

"Not at all it," he countered, playing with her slightly damp hair. "This is the beginning. There is a lot more to come for all of us."

"I'm surprised you're getting this close, Mr. 'you all stink'."

Elise moved easily, her body needing no further instruction to heed his beckons. She rested her head on him and looked up into his blue eyes. Her cheeks were still slightly flushed from the exertion of her bout with Anthony. Reaching behind her, she placed one hand on the outside of one of James's legs. She watched him as he spoke.

"I hope you're right..." she said wistfully. "I'm just starting to like you guys."

She teased, but it didn't have its usual gusto. Her heart actually ached a bit, because she felt a lot more than "just starting to like" them. She wasn't ready to admit it to herself, but she loved her pack. They had so quickly and passionately become parts of herself, her life, that she couldn't imagine losing them.

Upstairs, the majority of the Flaviani's had decided to keep to themselves in the borrowed rooms that had been supplied. The exception to this, of course, being Gabe. The short male was wandering around with his head on a swivel. He was a born wolf, but everyone joked that he had a cat's curiosity. They were all surprised it hadn't killed him yet. He had served as the Flaviani's scout for seven years now. There was a reason he was good at that job. Gabe was in the unused study room, flicking a taxidermy deer in its glassy eyeball when Angel, and her scent, hit him.

"Sweet mother of God!" He exclaimed, his voice loud and rushed. He turned, wide-eyed, to see her. "You... ahh wow.. you stink! Can you smell yourself? Is your nose broken? Is something wrong with your nose? I had a buddy once who did so much cocaine the thing just, plop, fell right off!"

The more he talked, the quicker his words became until it got to a point where sentences blended together in an almost incoherent fashion. It was quite easy to see why the others had suggested Angel steer clear of Gabe.

The Alpha gave his she wolf a hopeful smile, free hand stroking the top of her hand. Even if she couldn't say it aloud, they all knew she cared for each of them in their own distinct ways. Each of them were close, despite attempts to stay reserved. An awkward little family, but one nonetheless.

"I know," he sensed his mates distress and sought to try and calm her. "We are as prepared as we can be. We will be fine." His eyes watched her face before locking into her own gaze, his wolf reaching out between their auras for hers.

Angel had been about to abandon her investigation when a sudden explosion of talking lead her to be face to face with a new wolf. Stink? No one could tell her she smelled! Well, other than her alpha. Or Elise. Or really anyone in the pack for that matter. Regardless, who did this yapping dog think he was. Her face set into its stubborn scowl as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"No shit, Sherlock, I stink because I was fighting," she started off on him, her stance firm. "Unlike some people who have nothing better than to play with stuffed animals, I have to prepare for vampire killing. And of course I know I smell, who asks that kind of question? That's like me asking you if you know you're annoying. It's obvious and a waste of time to ask. Besides, who does drugs? Everyone knows it's a bad idea and I think that it's impossible for a nose just to fall off. It would have to rot or something, and then he'd still smell so I don't understand why you'd even say that."

She rolled her eyes, knowing that James wouldn't want her starting a fight. "And you're lucky I'm not supposed to start a fight, because I'd punch you so hard right now, right in your little scrawny face. Don't be rude, jerk." There, that'd teach him.

Elise felt James reaching for her. Her wolf responded by meeting him half way. She allowed herself to be comforted by his presence and his warm regard. Her eyes lingered on him as he assured her they would be fine. Peering into the depths of his soul, she knew he truly thought they would be. He had been developing hope, and he now believed his own words. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"I know that you and I will be going in together for a reason." It had been decided that Elise and James would be far more effective together than separate, so they would be on one "team" so to speak. "But.. it still feels like wrong. Like we should spread ourselves to be available to the others."

Mostly, she was just worried about the fact that Angel would not be with her, but rather with Marcus, Anthony, and one of Valentino's wolves. She didn't like the idea of not having direct access to the younger female. While she trusted the others to look after her, it just wasn't the same.

About halfway through... okay not even halfway... Angel's rambling Gabe had stopped listening and instead turned to grab some creepy wood carving of some island looking doll. His eyes lit up, and he turned toward Angel, waggling the doll back and forth. It was only when she stopped talking that he realized she had been.

"Oh, were you saying something?" He asked, but before she could answer, he made the doll do the little dance again. "Look at this thing? Hah hah. What is it? Like some... creepy island voodoo magic? Ooh I should totally put this outside of Nate's room. Maybe put some glow in the dark paint on its eyes." He looked at Angel. "Do you guys have any glow in the dark paint? You probably have some, right? You look like you might be into like... arts and crafts and stuff."

James listened to her worries, knowing the tugging bond made it more difficult for her to loose sight of the youngest wolf. A variety of combination of wolves had been suggested while they brainstormed their entrances, finally deciding that the young she wolf would be best not with the frontal assault, as Elise and James were to be. While Angel was quick to move and react, her small body wouldn't be able to handle the brunt attacks they anticipated.

"You know that Marcus is protective of her, despite anything he says, and Anthony thinks of her like a little sister," he continued to try and quiet her worries, "They will be watching her for us. She'll be just as safe as if she were with us."

When he openly admitted that he wasn't listening, Angels dark eyes lit up with anger. "Oh. My. God!" she exclaimed, knocking the knick knack out of his hands and pushing his chest. "You're infuriating! What do you have like a two second attention span? You're rude and-" she shoved him again as his eyes started to wander, "Pay attention to me, hellooooo! Someone needs to take you for a walk or something, damn."

She couldn't believe he was so childish. Silently, the young wolf hoped she had never annoyed her pack mates to this extent.

"I know they will," Elise said with a sigh. "But I also know she has a tendency to run off and do her own thing. I worry she will try to do that under their watch."

While Elise shared bonds with a couple of the others now, too, she didn't worry about them quite like she did Angel. If she had her way, Angel wouldn't have been going into this at all, but they needed the help and Angel would have never stood by and watched while everyone else went into danger. A frown creased Elise's forehead, even with her eyes closed. The worry was evident on her face.

"If it didn't mean she'd hate us forever, I would suggest locking her up down here until we get back."

"Uh.... I'm rude?!" Gabe retorted in his slightly shrill tone. "You're the one shoving a complete stranger around, missy!" He had a point. Angel was having quite the outburst over something as little as him not paying attention. "Not to mention you just broke that..."

He looked down at the knick knack that he had been holding. It now lay on the floor, its head decapitated from the force of the fall. He shook his head and clicked his tongue. Bending down, Gabe grabbed the now two piece of the creepy voodoo doll and stood up. He held them at Angel's eye level so she could see what he did.

"See? Decapitated the poor guy. I bet you released its voodoo power. Now some voodoo mama Juju is gonna follow you around and haunt you. OoooooOooo!!' He wailed, making a ghost sound while moving his arms like noodles out at his sides.

James shook his head, although he was agreeing with what she was saying. Things were set and there was no way to change what was already in motion. Everyone was familiar and mostly comfortable with what was supposed to happen tomorrow, suddenly saying to change the line up could throw people off.

"If we tried to lock her up, we're gonna come back to even more destruction that last night and one angry little wolf," he agreed, moving Elise out of her place laying on the ground and instead placing her in his lap, her back to his chest as he wrapped his arms around her, using his body as a protective cocoon around hers. His chin rest on her shoulder, closing his eyes and sighing.

"Don't worry, mama wolf," he said softly in her ear, rubbing her shoulder, "The pup will put up one hell of a fight. We can just tell her that she'll get to shop after and things will get sped up."

She was taken back by him now calling her rude, but she quickly reeled herself in. As he danced the broken doll about in front of her she scowled again, choosing instead to turn her back to him. "You're already enough of a curse," she muttered, small hands balled up into tiny fists as she breathed deeply to control herself.

Angel exited the study, instead heading to the stair case. She still needed to shower and this buffoon was only slowing her down.

While James gently moved Elise into his lap, the she wolf had tried to protest. She was sweaty, probably didn't smell the greatest, and her body was very warm. But, of course, he would hear none of it. Instead, he wrapped himself around her and reveled in her aura. She closed her eyes and felt the beating of his heart against her back, the same rhythm that her own was beating in. Something stirred inside of her as he lovingly nicknamed her. Mama wolf. Her wolf seemed to have responded to it, positively at that which was shocking to even Elise. Perhaps the maternal instinct had run deeper than she thought.

"A shopping spree isn't a bad idea. For any of us..."

Elise had been meaning to get some new clothes lately. Perhaps this was a hint at that. Settling in against him, she looked at nothing in particular as he continued to comfort her. It seemed to be working. Her stress slowly settled itself back down to a normal level, and she allowed herself to feel other things. Turning her head, she looked at him from over her shoulder.

"You're right.. she'll be fine." She said with a nod of certainty.

Gabe stopped his antics and simply watched Angel with a confused look on his face. When she referred to him as a curse, his jaw went slack and he looked at her, half offended, half shocked. And he thought this was going so well! As she turned to storm off, he waved the head of the broken doll in farewell.

"Alright, well... Good talk!" He called as she disappeared around the corner. "I'm Gabe!!" He called even louder now that she was out of sight. "You're pretty!!!" He yelled even louder until he felt a sudden wave of hot anger coming from upstairs, undoubtedly Nate's room, and promptly shut up.

The Alpha basked in her presence, smiling into neck before giving her a light kiss. He felt her calming, which pleased both himself and his wolf. Their bond radiated at both were in a positive state again. As she craned her neck to look at him, he gave her a charming smile, nodding.

"Yes, she will be," he agreed, giving her a squeeze before releasing her. "To shower and bed?" While he didn't imply one or both would happen together, he hoped strongly the latter would be. Sleeping alone the eve of their fight wasn't something he wanted.

As Angel disappeared, she heard the wired wolf calling from behind her and she scowled. Hearing his name it suddenly made sense. This was the wolf they had warned her to stay away from! What a joker. His last shout made her cheeks flush, a combination of frustration with his actions and being caught guard off by his compliment.

"You're STILL annoying! And loud!!" she shouted over her shoulder hypocritically as she stormed up the stairs and to her room.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying pot?" Marcus' voice sounded from a closed door and she hastily shut her mouth, disappearing into her room.

Last edited by a moderator:
As she was released, Elise slowly and reluctantly peeled herself away from James. She came to a stand and reached her hand down for him, an unnecessary gesture but one she did all the same. When he stood, raising to his full height, she tilted her head so she could look up at him.

"Yes... definitely yes. I probably smell like a Nike sweat shop."

She grinned up at him, stepping closer despite her aforementioned smell. She got close, their lips almost touching, when she heard shouting from upstairs. She stopped and tilted her eyes upward more, looking at the basement ceiling. Angel, she sensed, having a shouting match with someone? A puzzled look fell on Elise's face.

"So much for a quiet evening..." Elise said with a sigh. "C'mon."

She pulled away, leaving James's lips without a kiss. She lead him upstairs, but things had gone quiet by now. Whatever had transpired seemed to be over. She could feel frustration from Angel, though she wasn't quite sure why. Deciding things were probably safe for the time being, she made her way up the second flight of stairs toward her room. When James started to branch off toward his wing of the house, she grabbed his wrist.

"Oh, no no no..." She shook her head. "You're going the wrong way."

She gave him a knowing grin, and then tugged him off in the direction of her own room, closing the door behind her. The shower would be taken, with him in it, this time managing not to break anything or cause too much of a disturbance, conscious of the others that were present under the roof. Long after the water had run cold, a recently dried off Elise would lay next to her mate under the comfort of her blankets, clothes no longer confining them when they slept next to one another. She wrapped herself up next to her Alpha, laying her head on his chest and listening to his rapid heart beat as it worked to slow itself back down. Now, she decided... now she was officially tired.

The loud shouting above them sent James into a protective mode that was quieted as his mate seemed satisfied there was no threat. Her change in the evenings plans was met with an excited look. As they lay entangled, he watched her happily, stroking her shoulder and sighing contently. The fierce she wolf, always full of surprises, caught him off guard again.

The calm before the storm, he couldn't help but think as the two drifted to sleep. He kept her carefully cradled to his chest, bathed in their combined aura as they nestled in her bed. The clam before the storm.

The morning came too soon to the full household and as often happened, Angel was the first to wake. Looking around from her bed, she realized what day it was, a feeling of nervousness set in. Stirring from her blankets, she moved out of her created nest, stumbling sleepily to dress for the day.

At Elise's advice she had assembled an appropriate outfit for the fight. She was instructed to find clothes that were loose enough to allow free movement of her limbs and defend herself, but still provided the necessary coverage to protect her most vulnerable of areas. Stepping out into the hallway she smiled, feeling like quite the badass. She was dressed in a black tank top and yoga pants, completed with a pair of Elise's boots she had been told to wear. As she walked to the stairs she struggled with forcing her hair into a pony tail to keep it from falling into her eyes.

Even after awakening that morning, Elise was hard pressed to actually get up. She lay in bed with James, holding onto him like if she let him go he would disappear. Perhaps there was that fear somewhere in the back of her mind, that this would be the last time she could grasp him like this. The thought made her feel like someone was trying to rip her heart out of her chest. She closed her eyes, squeezed them shut, and forced the thoughts away. She couldn't start the day out like this, it would only cause for problems later on. Soon enough, she managed to will them away. She opened her eyes and sat up a bit, just enough to look down at him. She allowed her eyes to linger on his face, committing it to memory.

"Rise and shine, my fearless leader." She smiled down at James, resisting the urge to climb atop him and take him one more time. She needed to conserve her energy. Instead, she leaned down and placed a long, deep kiss on his lips. "Time to rally the troops," she said as she slowly pulled away from him.

Reluctantly, the she wolf arose from the bed and moved to ready herself for the day.

Downstairs, a small body could just barely be seen curled up in a ball beneath a mountain of blankets on the couch in the den. The quietest of snores could be heard coming from within the sleeping mound, along with some mumbled murmurs. Rather than making it up to the room that had been assigned to him, Gabe had fallen asleep in the den beneath the warm cocoon of blankets he'd made for himself. If one listened closely enough, they might be able to make out words like "chocolate chips" and "wheelchairs", which would make one wonder just what in the hell sort of dreams he was having.

James muttered at Elise's first attempts to wake him, mumbling he wanted a few more minutes. The request was brushed off when her lips pressed fully into his, shooting him awake with a sleepy smile. He opened his eyes to look down at his beautiful she wolf.

"Mmmm, good morning," he managed to reply, ready to pull her in for more before she was out of his grasps. "Ugh, why can't we just have one beautiful day where we stay in bed?"

Grunting, he forced himself to sit up, deciding to wait a bit longer to completely get up as his nude mate wove about her room readying for the day. Normally he would be soaking in her luscious curves and shapes that drove him crazy, but instead he watched her with a sense of envy. She was confident and ready to face the day and it's dangers.

Angel bounded down the stairs, disappointed to find the kitchen was empty. Scrounging in the fridge, she came up with a bowl of berries, letting it be a snack until someone more capable arrived. Bowl held to her chest she gazed out the window before something caught her attention. Turning into the den, she cradled her berries while peering at the pile of snoring blankets. Hmm...that's new.Raising one foot, she kicked the corner of the couch.

"After today, we can have every beautiful morning there is to just stay in bed," she assured him.

Obviously today was not a day for that, though. Elise wriggled herself into a lavender sports bra before turning to face her mate. She already wore her black yoga pants, and had just a shirt to find. Easy clothes to tear out of if the need for a change arose. Looking at James, she could see the different emotion that bubbled behind his blue eyes. She frowned and went to him. She worked her way up from the bottom of the bed until she was sitting in his lap, legs straddling his.

"Hey..." she placed her hand on his chiseled jawline and tilted his face up to hers. "Are you okay? And don't give me any of your bullshit answers because you know I'll know if you're lying." She canted her head to the side and looked down at him with concern in her eyes.

At the first kick, Gabe did not stir. The second kick was a bit harder, and it scooted the couch just enough to rouse the wolf from his slumber. "Hwaaaahhh?" Some gibberish of an exclamation came out as suddenly he sat up and threw the blankets off of himself in a flurry. He was still dressed in last night's clothes, and one side of his brown hair was sticking up and out at all sorts of awkward angles. His hazel eyes blinked in quick succession in an attempt to adjust to the light. Looking up over the back of the couch at Angel, recognition slowly began settling in upon him.

"Oh....hey." He squinted one eye closed and looked at her through the other one. "You're uh... Tiffany right? Oh, wait, no. You never told me your name. Just shoved me around and summoned the voodoo gods." His eyes drifted to the side as he went through his memory. Finally, both of them settled back on her. "Well hey! You know this couch has a bite mark on it?"

James watched her crawling to him, resting his hands on her waist as she came to settle on him. So much already on her mind and here she was, looking down at him, worried. Her concern brought a smile to his lips and he nodded, one of his hands moving gently along her back and side.

"I'm fine, just a bit envious," he admitted, looking at Elise in all of her pre-combat glory. "You feel buzzing, to me through the bond. You are so ready for the fight and it's admirable."

His hands wandered up, weaving themselves into her hair and pulling her face unnecessarily closer to his. Diving into her lavender pools he couldn't help but smile further. "My ferocious she wolf," he breathed lovingly.

Somehow, Angel wasn't surprised when that weirdos head popped out of the blankets. As he started talking, she watched him with a confused look, slowly moving a berry into her mouth. She had to admit, the others were right. It was impressive.

"Angel," she said simply, giving the odd one a berry as her version of a peace offering. "And the couch has more than a bite mark on it, I bet. My Alpha and his mate kind of destroyed the house with sex. You're brave to sleep there."

She watched him as she continued to munch on the fruit. Suddenly formulating an idea. "OH! That's the bad voodoo you've summoned. The creepy doll went and made you sleep on the couch covered in....yknow."

Her eyes scoured his face as he admitted his feelings to her. She took a moment to reel herself back and feel her own emotions. He was right... she was buzzing. Her adrenaline was already working, getting her mind and body amped up and ready for what was to come. She hoped that it was feeding into her mate in a good way and that the feeling would be contagious rather than daunting.

"I know what I'm fighting for," she said very seriously. "Now more than ever, I think."

Her eyes were still on him. He was a large part of what she was fighting for. The whole pack, especially him, were on the forefront of her mind. There was still the need to right the wrongs that had been done to her-- the revenge had not left her mind or her heart-- but more importantly there was the need to keep safe those that she still had left. To protect them in the ways that she had failed her sister. As he brought her closer to him, she felt her heart squeeze in the way that only he could make it.

"My brave Alpha," she whispered back before bringing their lips together.

"Angel." Gabe repeated her name, committing it to memory as he accepted the peace offering and popped it into her mouth. "Mm... wow, that's good. Ripe. Oo... tart." He scrunched his face up as the sour flavor washed over him.

As Angel mentioned the couch and its conditions, Gabe gave it a once over. He looked it up and down, then took his hands and touched the leather here and there. When he was finished, it seemed to have passed whatever inspection he'd just given it because he didn't go anywhere. Instead, he scooted over to provide Angel room-- that she probably wouldn't take-- to sit.

"It's not sticky," he said with a nod of certainty. "And I have slept in way worse places. I have been spooned by a homeless guy who smelled like octopus farts. No lie. So sex couches? Practically a stay at the Hilton!"

As if to exemplify his comfort, Gabe placed both hands behind his head, arms bent out to the sides, leaned back against the cushion and stretched his legs out in front of him in an attempt to rest his feet on the coffee table. It was just a bit too far away though, so his heels had to sit awkwardly on the very edges of the table, threatening to fall off the entire time.

Her words resonated within him, making him glow from the inside out as they kissed deeply. He allowed her taste, scent and feel to consume him, forming an image of her in his head that felt nearly tangible. This would be his rock, his motivation, for the fight to come. Pulling himself away from her delightful lips he smiled, the separation taking more will than it normally did.

"I think I need to ask for a rain check," he admitted, forcing himself to behave. Today would not be the day for wonderfully warming intimate moments or erotic banister breaking, as much as he would like it to be. Regardless, he seized the opportunity while Elise was atop of him to soak in her presence.

Angel looked down at the couch where he had made a spot for her. Despite whatever he thought he was able to tell by looking at it, she knew that the desire between James and Elise had been very strong and by her measurements the couch would not be safe for at least three days. Instead she took up a perch on the end table he strove to reach, sitting next to his feet.

"I'm not sure if I want to know how you know what octopus farts smell like," she raised an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't you just sleep upstairs? There's like a ton of empty rooms usually. Sleeping on a couch isn't comfortable, although that one wasn't bad before it was tainted. I slept on it like a week ago when James and Elise were abducted and we watched a movie about this chick who was going to be a spy but really sucked at it."

She paused in her ramble to pop another berry into her mouth. "You need to comb your hair. You look like a porcupine that just got electrocuted or something."

As Elise pulled her lips away, she could feel the emotions that were growing within her mate. She grinned at him as he spoke of rain checks. "Oh, did you think I was offering?" She perked a brow at him. "Silly wolf." Kissing his nose, Elise gracefully dismounted and place her feet on the floor again. She moved to grab a shirt and finish her ensemble. When finished, she stood by her large window, stretching a bit, and looked out at the forest terrain. She was thinking about how badly she wanted this all to be over so maybe, maybe she could try to start working on rebuilding some semblance of a normal life again.

Maybe I'll even try to join the force again. She thought wistfully.

Gabe blinked a few times, honestly trying to keep his attention from straying at Angel spoke. Why hadn't he slept upstairs? Well, that seemed like an odd question. Because he was on the couch when he got tired, and it seemed far easier to just grab the blankets and pull them down on top of him rather than get up, walk all the way upstairs, and find an empty bed to sleep in.

"Because this is where I fell asleep," he answered as if she spoke a foreign language or something and wouldn't be able to understand him otherwise.

At the mention of his hair, Gabe slid one hand out from behind his head and attempted to mat down the mess on the right side of his skull. It didn't work very well, but he decided he didn't care and left it as it was. With a shrug, he laid his upper half down on the couch so his body was twisted in a weird almost 90-degree angle. He looked at Angel, partially upside.

"I'm starving. Don't you guys like a McDonald's around here? I need at least seven McGriddles to get me through my day. Anything less? Psshh..." he shook his head from where he lay. "Consider me useless. I don't operate on an empty stomach. It just doesn't happen!" That natural inclination of volume and tone started to happen as he seemed to get worked up over something as simple as breakfast.

He grinned sheepishly, rising from the bed and letting the sheets that had previously covered his body drop to the ground. Crossing the room her wrapped his arms around her from behind kissing along the nape of her neck.

"I can be hopeful, can't I?" he said with a squeeze before leaving her to dress himself in the day before clothing. As much as he more than enjoyed their nights together, the morning after process of re-assembling and parting was less than his favorite. Picking up his shoes he contemplated offering a merge of personal space, but closed his mouth at the last second. It wasn't exactly the best day for domestic propositions and he was quite certain she enjoyed having her own space.

Angel watched the weird wolf as he bent and started off speaking again. Her bowl was empty and she was still starved, and Gabe's insistence of talking about food was not helping her. Unsure what to do with it, she set the bowl atop his feet that were balance next to her. Crossing her arms over her chest she shrugged, stomach grumbling at the thought of McDonalds. Such delicious greasiness.

"Nope, no luck gabby Gabe," she answered, weaseling her own feet up to rest on the edge of the couch, mirroring his awkward body bridge. "But if we're lucky James comes and cooks for us. He makes the best omelettes. And hashbrowns. And just about everything. He's pretty much the best cook I think, although you don't want to touch the pots and pans. He's protective. Do all of you live together in a house too? I think it's awesome to be together in one place and then we get to go out and do wolf things. Like a run. You seem like you should go on a run."

Elise practically purred as she felt James wrap his strong arms around her. She melted into him as she always did and closed her eyes as his lips met her warm flesh. Her wolf growled happily, finding this different sort of adrenaline equally, if not more, pleasing.

"Make it through today and you won't have to be hopeful." She assured him.

As he parted she felt his absence immediately. Her eyes turned to watch him as he redressed. She held an intense care in her gaze that bore into him like the sun's rays. Her heart ached for him, and as he left her room she felt her heart try to go with him. Their bond had intensified since their total unity, so much so that Elise found herself often in awe of it and him.

You better not disappear on me, she thought after him.

"Gabby Gabe," the wolf repeated. "Reeeal original. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that one... well I probably wouldn't be rooming with my ex girlfriend's cousin and chasing cockroaches out of my bathroom on a nightly basis." He blinked. "Long story."

Gabe answered all of Angel's questions in the same way she asked them, quick succession. No, they did not all live together. Some did, but mostly everyone else had their own places. They were all close to one another, but they didn't have to stick as closely together because there were no imminent vampire threats in their surrounding territories. But honestly, he wouldn't mind crashing with one of his pack mates instead of Awkward Pete (his ex's cousin) because Awkward Pete liked to try and make club music with an app on his phone and honestly, it was the most terrible thing Gabe has ever heard. Not terrible enough to scare away the cock roaches though. How terrible.

"So!!" Gabe inhaled deeply. He actually went a little red in the face sometimes, and a vein popped out on the side of his neck when he got real animated about things. Which he did. Often. "James? GQ-looking guy right? Banging the hot blonde? When does he come down and uh... you know... make breakfast? You got some chickens or something outside you need me to catch? I can totally do that. Quick hands."

He mimed grabbing what one could assume was a chicken and snapping its neck.

James felt the invisible tether to his mate tighten and whine as he disappeared into the hall and to his own room. Dressing quickly in athletic shorts and a loose white shirt, he ran a hand through his slightly messy hair before journeying downstairs to await the incoming arrival of the remainder of the wolves. The splintered banister had been ingeniously hidden by rug that was draped over it, which created an eyesore, but less than the look of shattered wood.

Once downstairs, he overheard talking from the den. Recognizing the voices as the two most talkative wolves, he quickly diverted his path and went into the kitchen, starting up a cup of coffee he knew his mate would be wanting once she emerged. Whether it would make himself appear too domestic for an Alpha or not, he knew they would all need their strength that day, and breakfast was a necessity. He began assembling over double the normal amount of ingredients, too polite to not feed their guests.

Angel watched him with wide eyes silently as he talked. And talked. And talked. As he spoke of cockroaches she scooted her legs away from him, feeling the skin on the back of her neck raise at the thought of the crawling pests. It hadn't been long after the energetic burst about breakfast that Angel picked up on her Alpha in the next room.

"Sounds like it's gonna happen now, but," she paused, peering at him, "You better not go in there. Can't get in the way of him when he's cooking. And you really, really don't want to talk about Elise that way. She'll probably shove your foot down your throat, and if she doesn't James might eat your face. It'd be uncomfortable. I can smell the coffee, but they never let me have coffee."

Standing up she stretched, bored of sitting. "You should shower because you smell like sex. Probably worse than I did last night. Plus you need to get dressed." Her stomach growled at the smell of bacon. Oh she loved bacon.

Gabe sat up and tilted his head to the side, trying to imagine what it would look like to have a foot shoved down his throat, or to have his face eaten. All he could picture was the most recent Mortal Kombat game, and all of its gory glory. He actually found himself chuckling at the idea of what a close up would look like. His attention was brought back to Angel when she mentioned his stench.

"Huh?" He lifted one arm up to do the typical arm pit sniff. "I would give this... a 5 out of 10. I have smelled waaaay worse. The first time I ever shifted, I got this overwhelming urge to roll around in horse shit. I don't even know why! I don't like horse shit. But the wolf... it just wanted to do it so bad! So I did it... God that smelled. Anyway!"

Gabe hopped up. He had no idea where the shower was but was content to wander around until he found one. Without announcing his departure, he slipped away. He was heading up the steps as Elise was heading down. He stopped and looked at her- up at her seeing as she was actually taller than he was- and gave her a goofy grin.

"Oh, heeeey.... Hot blonde I'm not supposed to talk about being hot. The hot pale chick, err, Angel, said you'd shove your foot down my throat. And that your boyfriend would eat my face off. Have you ever played Mortal Kombat?"

Elise stood there, completely and totally thrown off, and stared at him. She was at a rare loss for words.

"But that would totally be some FATALITY" he did his best Mortal Kombat voice, "type shit. Anyway... I'm gonna go find a shower. I smell like sex apparently. And not even my sex! Hah!"

He trotted his way up the steps, leaving Elise to stand there, blinking for a few moments. When she finally made it around to coming downstairs, she felt more confused that Angel had ever made her feel. Seeing the girl, she hooked a thumb over her shoulder.

"What the hell was that?" She asked. "Is he on something? I swear to God, he better not be on something."

She watched the strange one go, not bothering to try and comprehend what he was saying to her. As Elise approached and questioned her, Angel shrugged her slim shoulders, playing with the hair that spilled out of her pony tail.

"Does rolling around in horse manure count as being on something?" she asked, walking with her into the kitchen. "He's alright, just goes into way TMI details. And he's short." She climbed up on the stool at the counter, waving at James.

"He probably just needs a run," she suggested again, remembering how much they all insist on her going on runs to eat up her energy. "And maybe a sedative. Then he'll be completely normal, like us!"

James scoffed, working on scrambled eggs as the conversation came to an audible point in the kitchen while he was cooking. "He's something, that's for sure," he muttered but chuckled. Very similar to Angel, just with a more foul mouth.

Elise absentmindedly approached Angel and fixed her hair for her. She removed a bobby pin from her own updo and clipped it into Angel's hair, securing the loose strand into place.

"You're short, too," Elise reminded her with a kind tone. She patted her on the shoulder and walked with her into the kitchen. The smell of coffee awaited her, and Elise smiled at James's back, knowing that he had prepared it for her. She found herself wondering when and how he'd gotten to know her so well. Not speaking of it, she moved to make herself a cup. She approached her adoring mate and watched what he was doing.

"I'm not convinced he doesn't have some permanent damage from a bad trip. He looks the type. What can we do to help?"

He couldn't seriously expect her to let him cook for a dozen people on his own, so she would do what she could to assist him. She would even secretly pass small tasks off for Angel to do while James was busy cracking this or chopping that. The kitchen was abuzz with the beautiful energy of the wolves. It created a safety net that emanated throughout the house for all to feel.

The delicious smell of breakfast soon consumed the air, commanding the attention of the houseful of wolves. Gradually each made it's way to the kitchen, new comers welcomed and urged to grab a plate. James and his wolves assumed normal scattered eating positions.

The Alpha remained in the kitchen, directing traffic and making sure everyone was getting everything they needed. While more than hungry himself, James felt it would be irresponsible to eat before knowing everyone else was taken care of, not to mention rude. Neither of these were attributes he wanted to portray.

While normally a creature of habit, Angel felt the couch was not a safe ground to eat at and instead dodged outside to eat on the patio. Settling into a wicker chair she sighed contently, listening to the happy sounds the woods made as they awoke. Her time traveling had left her fond of natures ambience, and she often left her bedroom window open at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back