• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cross Blades: The Divine Conquerors Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SIN
SIN smiled despite the anger of the spirit, Skathi had been a troublesome one in his old world, and SIN was counting on them being just as troublesome now. The spirit thought he'd conquered his old world, and the thought amused the god; Destroying a world and ruling it were very different things. The God shuddered as he thought of the bureaucracy required for actually controlling a planet; Even as a divine being, it was a huge pain. He doubted once his champions conquered the world that they'd have the balls and energy required to actually keep control. But he'd been surprised before by mortals. That had been a very, very long time ago though. These ones seemed to have the passion if anything judging by the genocidal ice spirit in front of him. Hopefully, they'd surprise him.

Laughing, the god responded to the furious being with a casual tone that spoke of divine disdain and fatherlike patience. "You didn't conquer anything Skathi, you destroyed everything. You had no one to rule over but yourself, corpses and a barren rock. You watched your last subjects freeze to death in order to attempt a spell that you in the end, also couldn't manage to rule over. I'll be honest everyone I summoned is a failure, powerful failures yes but failures nonetheless. I'm giving you a second chance so don't fucking waste it bitchhhhhhhhhhh!"

Laughing, the radiant cyborg began to walk away from the remaining warriors, a bounce in his step, continuing to talk to them all as he walked. His voice lost none of its volume with distance and as he strode off across the pond, all those who left the area heard his metallic sing-song voice in their heads, oppressive in its power and malevolence. SIN always enjoyed this part and seeing how the summoned reacted to it.

"This may hurt but I don't want you all to lose track of each other, and I don't want to lose track of you! So I'm giving you my mark, a lil gift of a tattoo randomly placed on your body somewhere! It's a lil circle inside a circle with my name inside of it and it'll allow you psychic communication with other members of your group as long as you've touched tats at one point. No using it during combat though, and only for an hour per day, it'd be too much of an advantage otherwise lol! It'll also allow you to tell who is who if you haven't all met each other yet! Like who is part of your summoned group! Cuz like I said, other adventurers have been summoned here as well."

The god turned back to the group once more and said, "Well, I'll be seeing yall, I've got things to do and people to entrap in vicious planet-wide struggles for dominance!" With that last statement, the God crumbled into dust over the pond, some of his remains scattering in the wind and the rest sinking to the depths of the shrine's lake.

FORSITH
The half-giant panted with frustration, his charge had stalled halfway through and his men were stuck in an even worse position now, surrounded on all sides and fighting for their lives. He could see the Mollug encampment now, and their dark casters were evidently preparing something devious. Their commander, the infamous Zygo, and several platoons of elite skirmishers stood between the berserker and victory. Even the giant could not deny things looked very grim for them now. Then an explosion in the rear caught his attention and many of the other struggling fighters around him. He recognized the flame magic and the fried Mollug soldiers and a flood of renewed strength poured through the Nortestran. Reinforcements! Or at least something akin to it!

A royal looking woman had appeared from the rocks the center of the Ebon Shrine was located in. She blazed with a flame the half-giant gaped in awe at. Nortestran legends and stories told of a figure of massive firepower, a princess from a foreign land, blazing and cold in her fury, her eyes mismatched but her beauty unrivaled. Forsith at this moment could not remove the thought from his head and as she rushed towards the Nortestrans, a blade of pure flame appeared. This had to be her, she had come to them in their time of need! Roaring with glee the multi-armed warrior pointed a blade towards the enemy encampment, his comrades understanding perfectly, renewing the charge with a fanatic passion. The tales of the foreign princess were widespread in Nortestran legend and The Red Eagles found new strength in this. All across the battlefield, the struggle increased in intensity and violence, soldiers ripping and tearing each other's throats out in their ferocity.

The Mollug force, caught unaware by the sudden ferocity of the Nortestrans began to falter, and Zygo began to urge his spellcasters to increase their pace. The Shadow Hawk commander could recognize when a side needed invigoration, and the Mollug skirmishers needed it soon. He could see flames burning his men and the Nortestran commander, Forsith, was in view, that damned brute!

ZYGO
The myrmidon growled as he watched the Nortestran forces begin to rally, they could not be allowed to break the line. Fortunately, the swordmaster had taken precautions and set to summoning a reinforcement of sorts. Once their new ally had arrived the Nortestrans would most certainly break. He smiled at the thought of the warrior his spellcasters raced to summon, a magic circle of considerable size forming on the ground underneath the 12 dark casters. They were all skilled summoners who would be much appreciated on the battlefield right now, but this took priority, especially as his opponents were beginning to take ground, advancing on his forward encampment.

As he watched his troops fight off the approaching enemy, Zygo noticed an injured goblin skirmisher rushing in his direction. One of his battlefield messengers, used for relaying orders when other methods failed. The goblins left arm was charred to a crisp and her face wasn't in much better condition. Zygo was surprised she'd made it that far; If she survived she'd deserve a promotion. "Enemy reinforcement my lord, a flame sorceress of considerable skill has joined the Nortestrans! She killed nearly 16 of us!" The goblin was beginning to faint and as she fell, the myrmidon caught her by the collar of her cuirass, lowering her gently to the ground. She'd need a healer fast if she was to survive; He called one over quick and pulled his blade from the earth it was sheathed in. The massive grey claymore shone with pale grey light and Zygo smiled as he recalled the many fights he'd come out of alive because of the blade. This one would be no exception.

CASSANDRA
The Dark Knight's jaw dropped at the sight of the strange alien-looking warrior who had just aided them. The battle was far from finished but relief had been granted by the large energy-wielding creature. "Who clashes upon this field of battle? I would wish to know." the creature asked bluntly staring down at the inquisitor with an intelligence undisguised in its capacity. Taken aback by the new sight, the Dark knight answered in a stunned voice betraying her curiosity and fear, "You speak with Dark Knight Inquisitor Cassandra Bellamy, 2nd in command of the Mollug Shadow Hawk Infiltration Battalion. We are fighting those thrice-damned Nortestran Red Eagles! Surely you have heard of the Mollug-Nortestra conflict? It has been waging for nearly 200 years???" She was stunned at the being's supposed ignorance of the larger politics of the battle. "And who might you be, alien? Forgive my choice of words, but... I have never seen any... quite like you...? Nor any with a weapon quite like that one."

As she finished the question, one of the mage's bodies twitched slightly, before the corpse rose up again, fire burning beneath its hooded cowl. A fire wraith, with a desire for revenge; Its arms wreathed in blue flame. "You damned FREAK! You fucking Mollug scum! You invading basta-!" The wraith's insults never completed as Cassandra shoved Kezathal to the side before stabbing her blade straight through its cowled head. "I was taught to always aim for the head as an inquisitor, it seems the lesson would be worth learning my strange new ally."

The size of the golden armored warrior was evident now to the Dark knight and she realized he stood a near 3 feet over her. Blood covered her face now, and with a strange self-consciousness, she attempted to wipe the fluid off only smearing it across her face like war paint of some kind. Abandoning the attempt at cleaning herself, the knight pulled her weapon from the now truly deceased wraith, its now kneeling body crumpling onto its side. " I will introduce you to our commander if you come with me, golden warrior." She stated as her remaining skirmishers gathered around, battered and bloodied. "We'll have to fight our way back, are you ready my new friend?" She asked, again self-conscious at her usage of the word. The being had barely said a word and yet she felt endeared to it. Perhaps this warrior was yet even more powerful than he seemed; She would be delighted if that proved the case.

Turning to one of her more lightly equipped soldiers she said, "Zurtul, use your sensory magic to make sure there aren't any more surprises waiting for us in the area." The half-elf nodded and with a quick flick of his wrist a golden light shone highlighting each of them, the fallen, dying and their weapons; along with... a dragonfly?" Her soldiers immediately all drew their weapons and pointed them in the direction of the bug, some shaking from their wounds and others barely restrained in their rage. "Identify yourself, coward! Why do you hide your face?!" The Dark Knight commander yelled as she brought her blade to bear on it.

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV StaidFoal StaidFoal SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Kezathal Tur'othi
"Dark Knight inquisitor Cassandra. The titles are unfamiliar, but you are one of rank, a commander of warriors." His gaze was solid, unflinching, something inquisitive in his eyes. "I am relieved to find an organized military force, at least. However, I know not of your conflict. For, in a... simple matter of explaining it, I was torn from another World. A world in which I had just given my life to end my own people's war." The words were simple, explanatory, but laced with pain. Kezathal, as quick to adapt and make use of a new situation as he was, was still left reeling by this new world, this new change. Magic he could accept, strange machines and creatures of magic, with spells and weapons, he could accept. But his own death, and the war his people had fought for generations, all being rendered useless? The sacrifices of his soldiers, the billions dead? It could not have been for nothing. Somehow, his brethren still lived out there. It was the only way any of this could make sense. The alien looked skywards, blinking in the light, yellow eyes on the bright blue skies.

"I shall admit, I have seen none like you, or your enemies before. I am High Commander Kezathal Tur'othi, in charge of the counter offensive against the Swarm. I led Xethilid forces into the heart of the Swarm's territory, to cut down its Queen. And now, I am here. Worlds away from home, and as confused as you are to my presence here." He turned his gaze back to her. "This weapon i-" he heard a noise behind him, and his blade blared to life, only for the white-haired woman to charge past him, burying her blade in the fiery head of the wraith that had risen from one of the dead wizards. Kezathal surely would have been attacked by this creature if not for this Dark Knight's quick action. As she withdrew her blade, the empty cowl falling to the ground where she had slain the wraith, he turned his gaze back to her. He dipped his head, a simple, respected gesture. An acknowledgement of what she had just done. "This shall be remembered. For all the Swarm's tricks, they could not return from death."

He watched the pale woman smear her face in blood. Perhaps some sort of battle custom among her people, these Mollugs. She at least seemed a decisive leader, quick to action, and having no shortage in courage. Traits he could respect. Traits he admired in his own soldiers, and those other commanders he had fought alongside once. "Lead on," was all he said, looking from her to their surroundings, and the battlefield beyond. He set his Energy Sword sheathed at his hip, and grabbed the Needle Rifle from his back. With the press of a button, the array of crystals popped from their holes atop the weapon, and the Xethilid Commander counted them. The weapon was active, and any who dared attack would surely regret it. "We shall press forward, quickly. Your men are in poor condition, and your enemy numerous. Lead us to your Commander, and I shall cut a path." Even as he spoke, his eyes scoured the treeline for paths and enemies.

Yet, as magic lit up the area, the Commander narrowed his eyes slightly. He must understand this 'magic', take note of its uses. This was something that would be vital to his operations, a means to victory, or defeat. He even wondered if this magical aura was capable of detecting him while his Active Camouflage was enabled. Regardless, it was something he wouldn't test right now. It would be too suspicious, and he was unaware if the magic-users present could harm him or not. His new companions seemed almost to panic, spotting magic around a dragonfly. The Xethilid reached out, setting a three-fingered hand on Cassandra's shoulder. His grip was gentle, yet firm. He reached out with his other hand, setting his glove against her blade. "Ease." He stepped forward pulling his hands away from Cass, eyes on the Dragonfly. Something, someone, gave him a feeling. This creature was one of those he had been brought here alongside. He knew not who it was, or their intent. But it was definitely someone he was here with.

"This one is one who I was brought here alongside. Lower your weapons, and we shall speak." He addressed these words to the Mollugs, before turning his head back to the Dragonfly. "I am Kezathal Tur'othi. I desire to know your name, and intent. I have no will to fight another victim of that Mad God." The meaning behind his words was rather clear. If this one attempted to cause trouble for him, or his companions, Kezathal would not let it stand.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture StaidFoal StaidFoal

Skathi

Skathi wordlessly seethed as SIN vanished into dust. The spirit stared at the dust which was caught in the shrine's pond. They pointed an arm at it, and the water quickly froze over. They clenched their hand into a fist, cracking the ice to reveal that it wasn't just the surface that had frozen over, but the entirety of the pond. They slammed their arm down, and the ice sunk into the ground, the sound of shattered glass loud enough to deafen the simplest of humans. Skathi was done with the shrine, and had to accept that they couldn't hurt SIN. Right now, the goal was to redo all of his hard work, and the nearby battle was a perfect starting point.

From a distant valley (not where Tear is) was Skathi, overlooking the battlefield. They scowled as one side--the defenders--rained fire on their opponents. Oh, how they hated fire. It was an unneeded thing in their Ice Age; it melted ice and created unbearable heat. Malc had tried to use her renowned fire magic against Skathi, leading to her gruesome death. Seeing the ball of flames barrel to the rescue of the fire mages was the last straw. If the future was to ever arrive quicker, then all flames needed to be extinguished.

Skathi threw their arms to the side, and the floor underneath a group fire mages turned to ice. Since the princess was culling the black-armored forces, they felt it appropriate to even out the playing field. The fire mages lost their footing until spikes sprouted up from every inch of ice, giving them no chance to fight back. The frosty area around Skathi grew as they used more magic. Supporting fire mages melted the ice, but Skathi clenched their fists, turning the large spikes into a condensed ball. Some of the mages noticed the spirit up on the icy valley, but when Skathi spread his arms out, the ball exploded. Rocks of ice flew in all directions, hitting some of the mages with the force of a cannonball.

Skathi made some movements with their arms, and about a hundred icicles formed around the spirit, hovering idly in the air. The path in front of them turned to ice, and Skathi began to skate down the hill, towards the battle. The icicles followed close by, ready to impale those who dared defy Skathi.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Yamiko

The white-haired woman was named Cassandra Bellamy, and she was the second-in-command to this Mollug group. Yamiko kept listening until a fire wraith appeared, calling Cassandra and her warriors "invaders." With a better grasp on the situation, Yamiko planned to fly away and reform. That of course did not happen, as Cassandra called for one of her subordinates to use something called sensory magic. Before she knew it, everyone but the fellow summoned had their swords drawn at the dragonfly. Yamiko berated herself mentally; she should've used Presence Removal instead. Thankfully, the one named Kezathal vouched for her, as if he knew that she was in the form of the insect.

The dragonfly glowed as bright as the sun, hopping backward into the air as it enlarged to the shape of a curled up human. She unrolled herself, landing on her feet and hand in a squatting position as the light died down. Yamiko stood up straight, her hands over her chest. She gave a respectful bow to Kezathal. "Forgive me. I am Yamiko, and I mean no harm. I merely wanted to gather an understanding of this world." She looked over to Keza. "And fret not, the last I would want to do is spill unnecessary blood. And even if she and her subordinates attacked, they're all too sloppy to have even scratched me." The yokai was monotonous and cold in the way she spoke, and didn't display any disdain or arrogance in her tone. To her, she was only stating the truth, and if they couldn't accept it, then that's their problem.

The eyes on her mask moved fluidly, scanning the soldiers and laying on Cassandra and Keza. "If you are thinking of introducing me to your commander as well, I will oblige, but know I have no intention of choosing sides and tossing my life away for a worthless cause. Not again."

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

-Orobo Coltsin-
Just being near the intensity of the battle was incensing for Orobo, and the closer he got the more he realized it was not only battle lust that drove him, but a strange joy. He was free! Free to do whatever he wished, fight for whatever cause he wished! As he closed with the clashing ranks, the powerful summoner brought forth a blade of Deamon Flesh-steel in his left hand. Deciding that sides were of little importance to him, Orobo figured that this battle was a good chance for him to see the extent of his abilities and figure out how strong he really was at this point. Sprinting now, he bashed into the back of the battle line with a cry of joy impaling a black-clad warrior holding a war-ax. Lifting the hapless warrior into the air for a second, he stopped suddenly in his tracks, the body flying off the bone blade through the air to crumple against a clashing group of warriors. At this the red wearing soldier who had been fighting the warrior began to nod thanks; Orobo allowed no mistaking of alliance and removed the soldier's ability to finish the gesture of appreciation, along with his head. The Deamon Flesh-blade and the bone-sword flickered with a savage beauty as Orobo moved through the carnage; Biting through steel and meat, the sword cut easily through many of the two side's weapons. The summoner didn't slow in his movements, cutting down Nortestran and Mollug soldiers alike with little care for anything but the sowing of more carnage. Suddenly a burst of flamethrower like magic erupted around the warrior from behind and Orobo growled with anger at the spell. Turning around, the already blood-covered king of monsters greeted three Nortestrans rushing in tandem with each other, supported by two fire mages who were obviously preparing another spell. Shifting his third arm into another blade, Orobo hurled his Deamon-flesh blade at the two mages with a ferocity revealing his anger at the assault from behind. The blade split one of the mage's face's in two and flew off into the distance.

The Nortestrans were on him then and Orobo simply moved in closer to all of them, dancing through them with jerking and random movements. Facing the first soldier, an orc with a halberd, with no fear Orobo sidestepped a thrust and jerked in close, punching through the orc's armor and flesh with his two bone blades. The second soldier, as Orobo retracted his blades, aimed for his head with a battle-ax, nearly decapitating the newcomer to the battle. Dropping to his knees to avoid the strike, Orobo spun quickly around, using his shoulder-arm bone blade to remove the offender's legs with cuts that made the armor look like melted butter to a steak knife. The third soldier and the mage rushed Orobo at the same time as this; the summoner jumped back at this, standing at his full height and dodging backward several times before suddenly bursting forward with great speed, leaving the soldier behind him and going straight for the mage. Evading a blast of fire from the mages hands the summoner pivoted around the foe's body before stabbing him through the back with intense force, blood splattering everywhere from the force of it. Taking the body, Orobo suddenly sprinted forward impaling the last soldier who'd been turning to fight him. Removing the bodies by re-absorbing the blades Orobo turned back to the larger battle just in time to barely avoid a spear thrust from another black-clad warrior. Turning his third arm into a blade again, Orobo fired the limb with a casual expression straight through the torso of the warrior, leaving a bleeding fist-sized hole where the man's belly button used to be.

Hacking down another Mollug warrior, an elf spellsword this time, Orobo backed away from the carnage slightly, not leaving but staying on the outskirts. He'd need a good meal after this fight. His presence was known now, but not so much as to draw both side's immediate attention; They had bigger fish to fry, namely, each other. Orobo began to move through the battlefield, seeking more significant opponents of his own. Avoiding the carnage through a slight coloration mutation to his skin, Orobo came to find himself near the rear of the black-clad force's lines, watching 12 summoners at work on some large portal of sorts. They looked to be near completion, and as the last of their chanting began the King of Demons had a delightful idea. He would take control of this summoning.

lightless_pariah_by_halycon450_dc11zia-fullview.jpg

A Culling Blade, 14 ft tall, 350 lbs of armor and muscle​

A figure was now fully formed in the circle and as the last sentence of the summoning began, Orobo calmly walked up to the directing summoner and with a quick swipe removed his head. Stepping slightly into the magic circle, Orobo got down to one knee and placed his hand on the mana-ridden ground. With a mumble of several strange words, the circle suddenly shifted colors to pitch black. Screaming all of the summoners fell to the ground grasping their skulls and bleeding profusely from their eye sockets. Orobo had blown up all of their eyeballs in the process of seizing control of the summoning. The figure in the circle, known as a Culling Blade, now belonged in body and spirit to the caster. Pointing with a massive smile, Orobo pointed to the fray and gestured for the beast to begin going about his job.

The creature cared not for masters and began to hack through the ranks of the Mollug in the direction of the Nortestran force, with glee becoming a grand sight and target for everyone on the battlefield.

StaidFoal StaidFoal SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
(This beast is a hazard to everyone and im inviting you all to fight it.)

Ullis Hrundr

“What the hell am I thinking?” Ullis said after he got no response, making him look both paranoid and idiotic. So without wasting much time Ullis got to moving and as he did, his vision got more clear and dazed state began to fade away as he began breathing slowly. “Ok, maybe I should look somewhere else.” He said as he began making his way out of the shrine, or at least he thought as he stumbled upon other parts of it. “Dam, I hate it when I’m lost… seriously where am I?” As Ullis asked he began hearing a sound he wasn’t all too familiar with, the sound of screaming, of swords clashing, and the sound of spells being cast left and right. Not soon after, Ullis found that near the shrine as war was being fought, and just before he could really see it, Ullis fell to his knees from the horrible smell that came from the battlefield. “Fucking hell, wasn’t expecting such a strong smell.” He said covering his nose and raising raising some cloth to cover his mouth.

“Ok, how can I avoid this shit?” Ullis wondered, walking around and even hunching over. Not soon after he noticed that there was a forest nearby that he could probably sneak into and get him away from all of the carnage around him. Though when looking around he really wasn’t able to find a way to make it across sneakily. “Don’t fucking tell me I have to really get into the war just to get out of here.” Ullis sighed in annoyance. “Wel fuck me then, seems I don’t have much of a choice.” Ullis finally said as he began his descent.

Descending from hills and such asn’t much of a problem, though Ullis always attempted to avoid it because he normally lost control and would usually hurt himself in the process, especially when nervous. “Ok here we, go-” Ullis said as he rapidly began sliding down the cliff with his feet on the ground and soon after he began tumbling down and landed face first into the ground, luckily not landing in any mud. “Fuck Me that’s annoying” Just as he said that a warrior came running towards him, ready to cut Ullis in half. In reflexes, Ullis immedtely grabbed the hilt of his blade and tried to pull, but for some reason he was unable to pull out the sword. The man got closer and without enough time Ullis decided to make a run for it.

“FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!” Ullis cried out, “WHY WON’T THIS THING COME OFF.” Ullis kept pulling until finally the blade came it, it was beautiful as always, but Ullis didn’t have time to contemplate it and with a messy and surprisingly fast swing, Ullis not only cut the warriors head off, but his armor too. “Fuck me, I forget how sharp you can me.” just as he said that, blood sprayed from the body and Hit Ullis’s face. “Dam bastard. I’ll have to get this blood of me or else they'll track my scent... or this guy's scent.” Though before he could rest, more warriors similar to the previous one came charging at Ullis, in the end, he wasn’t in a fighting arena, he was in the middle of a battle, in which he would be attacked from everywhere, and in every possible way.

Instead of fighting the warriors, Ullis decided to run away, as it wasn’t going to be worth it. Though as expected the warriors chased and even called out for archers to begin shooting at him. “Dam.” Ullis whispered as he was being shot by arrows. “Ok, ummm, arrows are coming my way, and they don’t seem like they will miss, ummm. Oh I got it.” Ullis kept running, but as the arrows got near, Ullis with his left arm, did a sweeping motion and created a small wave of fire enough to burn the incoming arrows. The warriors and archers looked shocked but still persisted. “Dam those warriors are still chasing me, I’ll have to-” Ullis bumped into another group of warriors that were fighting each other, they were probably from the other faction. Seeing an opportunity and almost breaking his nose. Ullis slid past the group, effectively losing the warriors that chased him and letting them fight against the other warriors.

“Finally something good happens for once in this new place.” Ullis remarked as he finally made it to the forest still wary as it was possible warriors could be in the area. “Man that extra endurance sure does do wonders, I’ll have to clean my face now.” Ullis said as he walked further away from the battle and began wandering the forest with his sword still in hand.

Tear Krux
And once again, Tear was alone.

Their conversation with the princess was brief at best. They'd wanted a greater opportunity to discuss magic with her to be certain. It was everywhere here, that was obvious. With a sigh, Tear raised the precision of their binocular's magical detection. It would use up battery life faster, but that could be excused. They needed to find something they could work with. Maybe they could make a battery with this place's magic?

On their scanner, Tear detected something.

12 mages all stood in a circle, standing by some marks on the floor that had their own power to them. A summoning? Tear scratched their chin, and started to hurry down the mountain. Whatever they were summoning, they wanted to see it. Tear thought about their FACE's battery life, but then sighed and activated it's boosters, propelling them forward far faster than they could walk. They needed to see what happened next.

And they did. As they flew down to the battlefield, struggling just a little bit with the controls as they did, they saw a mutant hack and saw its way through the battlefield, carving a path towards the circle. And when the mutant reached the circle, it decapitated the lead summoner and smashed its palm into the center of it, frying the other summoners instantly. And then, Tear saw a dark force rise from the circle, malevolent and terrible.

"Woah," Tear said. And then they crashed.

They created a small crater of dust and blood, expelling dirt into the air in cloud around them. They got up a second later, shaking the dirt out of their hair. They had landed besides a dark skinned fellow with a massive claymore sword in their hands. One that was... glowing?

"Hey, that's enchanted, isn't it?" Tear said, leaning a little closer to the sword to inspect it. "Oh, and someone just summoned a demon, if you were curious."

(that's Zygo by the way)

Why did they taste like grape? Evil never tastes like grape, it is supposed to taste like chicken or chocolate! This unexpected development caught Charon's attention for all of a half second before his thoughts returned to the present. Streams of nearly translucent, rainbow-colored energy emerged from his armor and quickly formed into the artifact partisan that he was so fond of using. While the convictions of the souls that the android had just eaten were weak, it was enough for a brilliant white energy to extend the weapon's blade by a few inches. With a single slash a number of of the Mollug soldiers were cut down, their armor offering no protection against the attack. Much to the android's surprise, the remaining mercenaries kept coming at him with weapons at the ready. "If you want to die that badly, I'll help as I'm a helper!"

Only a few minutes later there was only one survivor, and only because he had the common sense to run. But he had started far too late as Charon had no issues tracking him and was even now crashing through the foliage in hot pursuit. Selecting one of the souls he had consumed, the android turned it into energy that he promptly used it for a burst of speed. So empowered he was able to easily get close enough reach out with a single gory hand and grab the soldier by his head. The young man screamed in renewed terror as he was lifted off the ground, his wild flailing having no effect on the mechanical limb holding him up. Charon started to squeeze with the intent of crushing the fleshy's skull, but hesitated when he detected a nearby magical ward. His curiosity roused he approached the area covered by the ward with his victim still held aloft. A static filled noise of confusion came from his speakers before he shut down the music. Not being overly familiar with the magic of this world yet, Charon couldn't tell if it was a simple hiding spell, barrier, or a death wall. Then he had an idea.

Glancing down at the hapless soldier he was holding, the android uttered a simple announcement. "For science!" Lifting the terrified human above him with both hands, he then chucked the hapless test subject through the ward where he promptly vanished. Perhaps a second or two later the metal man would hear a meaty thud of a body hitting solid wood. Intrigued, Charon stepped through the ward just in time to witness the body slide off the slanted roof of the now revealed hut. Knowing that he had just accidentally attacked someone's home, the soul eating machine had just one thing to say. "Oops."

--------
StaidFoal StaidFoal

Delilah

The reclusive witch was napping on a thin mattress of reeds that she called a bed when something crashed into her hut. Delilah jolted awake, grabbing her staff and aiming it at every inch of her home. Nothing excited ever happened to her, and she would've like things to stay that way. Delilah burst out of her hut, eyes going down to a groaning Mollug. The soldier weakly lifted his head up at the scowling witch. Delilah looked up at her dented roof, then back at the Mollug. "For one last time, I'm not joining you or your stupid war!" She picked him up by the neck, pointing at the damages. "You think rocketing yourself into my hut is a good idea? You think I want to work?"

Delilah tapped the ground twice with her staff, and the soldier yelped as he and the fallen roof chunks floated up to the dent. "Go on, fix it you damn cretin!" The Mollug quickly set to work; the last thing he wanted was to suffer Delilah's wrath. "Bloody idiot, how did he even..." The witch then laid eyes on the second guest, a tall man (?) in purple and white armor. Visitors were rare, but every once in a while someone would stumble in by chance. She nodded to herself, realizing what had happened. Delilah tapped her staff three times, and a spirit wolf appeared behind her. It charged into the witch, flipping her onto its back in a laying position as it rode her towards Charon.

"So," she began as the wolf stopped at the bot, "you threw that Mollug at my roof? I hope you have a good excuse for this." Behind her, the soldier finished repairing the roof and dropped down. Without looking at him, she waved her staff and sent the soldier flying 50 feet into the air and far from her hut.

It was then that a wave of discomfort passed, making her grimace and leaving something bitter in her mouth. The spirit wolf whined, and Delilah looked over to where the battlefield was. "Those bastards actually summoned one..." she mumbled.

YsFanatic YsFanatic

"I saw a magical ward and I used him to conduct SCIENCE!" the android responds cheerfully. "Didn't know there was a hut here, otherwise I'd use him more like a bowling ball!" Charon's gaze then followed the man as he was sent flying, a faint whimpering sound coming from his speakers. "Awww, I wasn't done with him yet. Oh well."

Delilah's next comment had him following her gaze. In the distance his sensors could barely make out a large magical signal, but it was far enough where the android's sensors couldn't make out any useful details. "Summoned what?" As Charon waited for a reply he busied himself by wiping off some of the gore from his gray hide and flinging it to the ground by his feet. He didn't particularly want it drying on him when he didn't know where the closest river or lake was.

----------
StaidFoal StaidFoal

IVAN FEDERICO
Hecate's weight seemed to be nothing to Ivan as he calmly began to jog towards the sounds of clashing metal. The girl seemed to really want minions and Ivan smiled to himself as he remembered his time as a child. His father dragging him through warzone after warzone like an idiot; The man had seemed to have no end to the jobs he was required for. Ivan had learned a lot but had also been thoroughly traumatized quite early on. Maybe it was for the best however as Ivan's ability was considerably powerful and many had come after him for it; He'd needed to be strong early on in his life. This kid was the same as him, he could just tell; He hadn't seen her abilities yet but that freak in the shrine who'd summoned them all hadn't seemed to have gotten anyone who wasn't remarkable yet.

"Look Hecate, I agree, that was pretty damn sick, but we can't just force people into being minions. If you force them they won't wanna do it; You gotta convince em to be your minion. I'm sure that princessy looking girl would love to be your minion. But only if you ask nicely."

As he jogged down the hill Ivan saw something glinting in the light for a second, and he immediately pulled Hecate from his shoulder as it hurtled towards them. Just cutting right over Ivan's hood, the daemon blade shot off into the sky, reflecting eery light everywhere as it did so. Hecate had nearly been impaled by this fucking battlefield already. This place was not appropriate for a child, even if she had weird oozing black eyes. If Ivan had been a more responsible sort he would've put the child down and found a better place to start their adventure. What sort of idiot started off a story with a big battle sequence? Whatever nutjob that was writing their story needed to get fired and kicked in the head. Ivan however, was not a more responsible sort.

"Alright Hecate, have it your way, let's get moving, Hide and seek it is. Yippeeeeeee...."

Ivan was a tough guy having fought much of his life, and he wasn't used to being shocked or startled by anything. That didn't mean he couldn't be surprised, however, as nearby a being of ice followed by hundreds of dancing icicles, ice-skated across the battlefield. It was beautiful. Ivan had always wanted the ability to control ice and his jealousy burned bright at the sight of Skathi. The spirit was obviously talented with its abilities, however, as it seemed to be hunting the fire mages on the battlefield.

Ivan and his new companion got to the edge of the fighting and once again the battlefield revealed its lack of child-proofing as a screaming Half-giant rushed towards him. Switching his gun into a double-barreled energy shotgun of sorts, Ivan calmly blew the huge figure's brains out. Two massive smoldering holes had appeared in the massive warrior, and as its body collapsed Ivan casually ejected two glowing shells. He didn't put anything inside it though, just closed the weapon. The shotgun glowed a dim blue light for a second and Ivan jogged into the carnage calmly. Blasting another two warriors out of his way, the lad from the world of superheroes began to clear a path towards the Nortestrans with expert discipline. Nothing phased the guy anymore, he'd seen entire solar systems burn out and his psyche was unwavering.

"Help me out would ya Hecate?? We're tryna get to the princess right? Lead the way to her!"

StaidFoal StaidFoal

Last edited:
ZYGO
Zygo was a man hardened by a world engulfed in war; He wasn't much of a fan of the sort of man he'd become over the years. His childhood self would've been shocked and disgusted by the myrmidon he'd become. He'd been raised to respect life and others, taught to treat people kindly and they would do the same. He'd learned early on how much of a lie that had been when soldiers of his own nation raped and killed his mother. Zygo swore revenge and eventually acquired it, cutting down the last surviving culprit of the crime with his massive grey blade. The world had turned him into what he was and Zygo hated it for that. After acquiring revenge, Zygo saw no need to continue putting his life in danger and had tried to enter the workforce, only to discover all of his time spent chasing down the men who'd wronged him so had resulted in him being talented solely with the blade. Life was not fair, not to Zygo, not to his mother, not to anyone.

The summoning going wrong was the last straw. A Culling Blade was under the control of a completely random element; Some strange cloaked figure had walked right into his camp, chopped off his best summoner's head and killed all the others moments later. After this, Zygo was finished with battle. He didnt care anymore, he wasnt going to do this bullshit anymore, not for anyone or anything. Maybe he'd be a chef or something, though it'd take a real genius of a teacher, strict and uncompromising with out of this world(hahaha) cooking talent to teach the myrmidon effectively. He decided right then he'd be a chef though, it seemed like a fun position, hopefully with little violence involved. And to make things even weirder, some stranger with glasses had fallen out of the sky right next to him and had immediately started asking questions about his blade like there wasn't a war going on.

"One. Yes, it's enchanted. Two, I noticed." As he responded he pulled the blade closer to him as the scientist looking fellow was getting too close for comfort. This whole battle was not going according to plan and it pissed the swordmaster off.

He was very pissed. To show this he swung the massive blade at the scientist.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Hecate

Though it sounded very boring and simple, Hecate decided she would try asking politely this one time. "Alright, I'll ask her first. If she doesn't accept it, then I'll--" She was cut short when Ivan pulled her from his shoulder, some sort of blade darting straight at where she last sat. "That's it!" Hecate said. "Big bro, you and I are going to get revenge on these lowlifes!" She noticed him staring at the ice spirit that entered the battle, and she was entranced as well. The danger that Skathi provided only encouraged her more.

Hecate was at first confused when Ivan pointed his stick at one of the advancing monsters. She was about to use her magic on the Half-giant when Ivan's stick fired something, blowing the monster's brains apart. She was snapped out of her amazed look when Ivan asked for her assistance, to which she replied, "Yeah! Kill them until they die!" Hecate then opened a small, black portal which she stuck her hands in. She seemingly dug around a little before pulling out two handfuls of dolls, all with pitch black eyes. Hecate threw them onto the floor, and they grew into fully sized humans, the black eyes carrying over. There were about 20 of them. "Don't worry big bro, these are my minions that didn't obey me!"

The Dolls looked at Hecate, awaiting orders. "Go around the battlefield and create traps! Make pitfalls, snake holes, cartridge traps, bamboo whips, tripwire maces, anything that will kill or injure these people. Hide in the shadows and strike when you see weakness!" With that, the Dolls dissipated into clouds of smoke, rapidly traveling to surround the battlefield. Hecate smiled at Ivan before running ahead of him to the sounds of battle. It didn't take long before some three Mollugs faced her. They all wielded swords, amusing Hecate. With the wave of a hand, their blades wiggled free from their grip, turning back and digging into them. Hecate threw another Doll she had saved, which transformed into a black cloud that danced the dozen swords around and stabbing them more than necessary.

It was then that a towering giant took notice of them. It was about three times the size of Hecate, yet she smiled. "Daddy wants me to take over the world. Do you wanna be my minion?" In response, the giant brought his sword down on the child where she stood, kicking up clouds of dust. When the dust settled, Hecate wrapped her arms around the giant's neck. "So... strong!" she said, using all her effort to lift herself up. The giant reached around and grabbed his neck, but Hecate wasn't there. "Don't do that, you meanie!" Hecate was now on the giant's head, leaning down so she looked straight into his eyes. Before it could grab her, Hecate dug her thumbs into the giant's eyes. It yelled in pain, slamming his hands against his face. It stumbled around, falling to the ground with a thud, wailing. It stopped suddenly, and it moved its hands away from its face. The giant stood back up straight, and his eyes were pitch black.

"Go, my minion! Kill people for Daddy! Clear a path to fire woman!" she cheered. The giant obliged, swiping away his former allies as Hecate followed close behind. On the outskirts of the battlefield, a fire mage stepped on a pressure plate, sending a spike through his foot. He yelled, but was quickly taken by a group of black-eyed people. They grabbed his face, digging their thumbs into the mage's eyes, turning him into a Doll. In another place, a Mollug was running to the forest when his leg caught a tripwire. From the leaves came a spiked ball, digging into his neck and face. Another Mollug, a female elf, wandered a grassy area when she felt the ground beneath her collapse. Before she could scream, she was impaled into a spike bed. Each person suffered the same thing: having their eyes gauged and becoming a Doll.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Kind of SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Ullis Hrundu

Ullis had walked for a bit, yet finding nothing and soon came to the realization that no one was nearby, not even a thing as he could tell from the scents nearby. Even with this sense of safety, Ullis still kept the sword in his hand and walked quietly. Moments later he heard a sound the distance, probably an object hit on top of a small structure, with that, Ullis decided to sprint to it, hopefully expecting there to be some help.

Instead of finding anything pleasant, he found a hut, and near it where a weird metallic creature and what seemed to be a witch. Attempting to not look hostile Ullis sheathed his sword. “So, any of you willing to help out a lost guy? Last thing I remember I woke up in that weird shrine.” Ullis said, starting to sweat a bit, having the feeling that he might have said too much and remembering that his face was still covered in blood, and not to mention his clothes looked totally different from the people in the area.

StaidFoal StaidFoal YsFanatic YsFanatic

Delilah

"They were stupid enough to summon a Culling Blade, some of the most powerful warriors of Dark Alchemy,"
she said almost nonchalantly, fumbling around with her pipe. "The forest is upset, and when it's upset, so am I. I would recommend you wait for me to walk over there so I can give it a taste of the Wyrmwood Witch, but if you wanna tussle with it, be my guest." Delilah's dealt with many summons in her prime, some big and monstrous, and some tiny yet destructive. Culling Blades were tough when she first encountered one, but she learned to see them as a simple nuisance, like a cockroach. The only thing she found a threat was how they upset their surroundings.

She looked around to see another person stumbling across her hut. Delilah stuck her pipe back in her mouth when he said that he woke up in the shrine. "The shrine, you say? That's... strange." The spirit wolf walked up to Ullis, Delilah laying on its back and looking him in the eye. "Just how lost are you? What would you think if I said, 'This world is Valucia, and there's currently an ongoing 200 year war known as the Mollug-Nortestra Conflict'?"

Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic

Skathi

The ice spirit didn't know why he expected a fight. Yes, the fire magic was a huge pain in the butt, but the casters broke and bled so easily! Some Mollugs were caught in the bloodbath, but Skathi wasn't choosing any particular side. He absentmindedly impaled some mages' hearts and organs with their icicles, creating blinding blizzards on some parts of the battle. Everywhere they went, the ground turned to solid ice. From the transformed floor, Skathi raised large pillars of ice, launching some unfortunate souls high into the sky, before making the columns fall and crush some other soldiers.

Something big had then caught their eye; a big, ugly, four-armed beast. Perhaps this was the fight he had been looking for? The battlefield was starting to look more like an icy tundra, and Skathi completely forgot about the fire princess he'd been enraged by. They directed their icicles away from the poor soldiers, and the spirit rushed towards the Culling Blade. First, Skathi skated around the beast, turning the floor it stood on into ice. Skathi raised the perimeter of the circle up, encasing the Culling Blade in a dome of ice. Then, the ice spirit barraged it with the 200 or so icicles that danced in the air.

Last edited:
-Orobo Coltsin-
Orobo smiled as his newly summoned daemon rampaged across the battlefield, it's three blades hacking and slashing through Mollug and Nortestran soldiers alike. Luckily for the summoner, a strange figure in a lab coat looking suit of sorts dropped out of the sky in front of Zygo. The myrmidon distracted, Orobo took the opportunity to summon several Imp Rogues while the pissed off Mollug leader talked to the newcomer. They scurried off quickly, Orobo's orders already implanted in their minds, to gather the strongest items in the camp and bring them to Orobo. He needed to get decked out in some new clothes as his old ones still bore the tears and rips from his time spent fighting and dying in the old world. The Imps returned absurdly quickly, being masters of thievery from their time spent as scouts and raiders in the underworld.

One of them returned with a black undershirt a size too big for the Monster King, drooping and baggy on the ripped and battered physique of the malnourished summoner. The enchantments, however, were delightful as the shirt bore three that the otherworldly champion could immediately identify: Ward against accidental ripping, Light resistance and the best ability yet, pockets of infinity. Endless pockets that could store items up to the size of a large couch and endless coins. The second and third enchantments needed revealing however and had to be brought to an expert enchanter. The other two items were a bracelet of mana storing that could carry an absurd 3/4 of Orobo's own massive mana pool and a Black Cleaver of Endless Cuts, whose marks and injuries doubled themself upon hit and found themselves extra difficult to be patched up.

The camp was lacking in magical items other than this and Orobo smiled an evil smile as he realized, other than gold, he'd emptied the camp of all its magical items, effectively stealing the regiments treasure supply. He still needed an enchanter for his shirt though and at this, he dispelled two of the Imps and sent the other off into the world away from the battlefield. Its goal was to find a powerful enchanter as fast as possible. Orobo estimated it wouldn't take too long judging how common enchanted tomes and mage weapons appeared to be in the world. His idea of the world was proven correct as a throwing ax hit a barricade nearby, causing the whole block of fortifications to explode in flames. The Nortestrans had reached the blockade and were fighting incredibly nearby now, a Multi-armed half-giant dressed in gold and red cloth and armor leading the charge alongside a royal-looking woman with heterochromia.

There was still the matter of the Myrmidon's sword, however. Orobo wanted that sword, its weight distribution and secret two enchantments made it a very valuable item. He exited the tent he'd been hiding in and began to walk towards the Scientist and the Myrmidon. He'd accomplished his looting as effectively as usual without expending much energy. Three minutes had gone by and the commander of the Shadow Hawks looked about ready to kill everything on the field or throw down his sword and walk away. Orobo was a huge source of the swordmaster's frustration and he knew it. That was why he was confused when the tall lanky pale man swung his blade at the scientist looking person. Before Orobo knew what he was doing he had already pushed the other champion of SIN out of the way of the blade, getting slashed lightly with the myrmidon's blade as he shoved him recklessly. Orobo gasped in pain and confusion at his own actions, having gone and committed a selfless deed for no real reason and out of nowhere. Orobo was just overall shocked that he had done something as kind as this for no real reason, raising an eyebrow at his own heroic stupidity.

THE CULLING BLADE
Raging through the forces of the Mollug Shadow Hawks, The Culling Blade howled with a metallic inhuman laughter chopping and slashing left and right clearing a space for itself on the field in minutes. Incredibly skilled in sword-play, the daemon wielded three Black-Steel Void Sword in its tarry metal claws. Spears and arrows bounced off its armor in equal abundance as the creature moved around fighting multiple soldiers from both sides at one time, the combat only emboldening the underworld being to fight even more recklessly. It impaled a shadow elf on one blade, bisected another with the blade's twin and cleaved a half-giant covered head to toe in iron armor in half vertically gore splattering everywhere from the monster's violent combat. It dripped with black fluid and crimson blood, its metal plates clanking and crashing together in a chaotic symphony as it shredded the soldiers around it with vicious impunity.

The Culling Blade immediately dropped its casual demeanor when a being of ice began skating around it. The floor froze around the being and suddenly it was domed inside a half-circle of ice. Blades of ice streaked around smashing against the armor of the being and with a robotic/monstrous grunt it smashed its free hand into the ground, breaking the ice into many pieces. It then muttered a string of luck chants and rolled out of the ice prison, smashing the wall and crushing a Nortestran crossbow repeater before howling and giving chase to the ice spirit. Smashing soldiers aside like they were straw dolls, the monster sprinted across the battlefield on three of its limbs smashing opponents caught unaware in its path into the air everywhere.

StaidFoal StaidFoal
Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Last edited:

Somewhere else in another time and another place.

Above the world a battle raged a desperate last stand between a scrambled together coalition of former enemies and a threat long thought gone. Long ago the orokin had plundered the system despoiling its resources and oppressing its people, when their worlds could no longer supply them they sought out new worlds and made machines to create for them a paradise. That had been their greatest mistake for their own creations had turned against the sacrificing everything to destroy their creators. The result had seemingly been the end for both the orokin and their creations, yet that was not true for one had always lingered. She had been captured and converted to serve the orokin once more, to direct their greatest weapon against her own kind, the tenno. The lotus was the tenno's mother and with her guiding them they had destroyed even her brother, yet it was through her direction that the orokin believed immortal were slaughtered. That had been millennia ago and now Natah was free of being the lotus as the sentients returned to finish their work on the remains of the origin system.

From a sentient the size of a space, no a capitol ship Natah watched as small sentients flew towards the green blue world of earth only recently being slowly reclaimed. It was no longer the capitol and never had been, but it was the heart of humanity and to claim it would prove a crippling blow. The sentients were not unopposed as 2 large armada's awaited one a blocky metallic thing with little art and another full of curved greens and browns made clearly for war and little else. the corpus and the grineer the two largest factions of humans. The gineer were not holding back as among their ships was their fortress a massive asteroid base that could almost be mistaken for a moon that bristled with the most powerful weaponry the degenerate clones could muster. The corpus brought about their own massive ships, none like the asteroid fortress, but still massive and packed with the most advanced tech the profit hungry mortals could buy. Then there was another group, not an armada, bot even a group of warships, the orbiters small single man transport ships used by the tenno and lead by a remade orokin railjack. Out of all three forces the smallest force drew Natah's attention the most for she could name every tenno on every orbiter she had been their mother after all. Still the railjack was the most important ship and for she could feel the one aboard it the tenno that had woken from the dream. the sentients had laid low and made deals with some of the corpus and thus were not just what had survived from the old war but were reinforced with many made just for this new war.

The battle was chaotic as the forces humanity tried to destroy those of the sentient and only after the opening volley were they reminded why the orokin had had to rely on the tenno. The smaller sentients came out is swarms easily adapting to the weapons from the corpus and grineer, thing blasting smaller ships with beams of their own cutting through the hulls with ease while others crashed into the sides of larger hips and set about destroying the crews of the ships. The corpus would find why high technology had never worked against the sentients as their own systems turned against them, their advanced AI only barely able to hold off as their weave was invaded and over taken. all the whiel the ship sentients blasted with their own weapons destroying fighters and cruisers alike. The only ships that could not be harmed or rather escaped it was the fortress of the girneer using its reverse of the powerful Kuva to block out the seintents and their ships to crude to easily over take and the ships of the tenno their Ai sharing the resistance to the seintents their operators had. the battle should be one sided with overwhelming numbers and firepower the sentitens should wipe away all those of the origin system, yet ship after ship sentient after sentient would fall. The tenno were as they had always been the deciding factor, them and their void born powers. Natah could almost hear the laughing voice of the void born entity that had taken her tenno. Nut, they weren't her tenno she wasn't their lotus she was Natah the lotus was a fake identity forced on her wasn't it? Natah refocused and worked on having her forces eliminate the two large armadas, the tenno could wait if the corpus and grineer were no more numbers alone could overwhelm the tenno. Yes the tenno could wait they didn't have to be destroyed just yet, they would come to her after all they still sought to bring back a fake being after all.

The battle would rage for hours as slowly the forces for the origin system were decimated, and those of the sentients were slowly chipped away. It should have never been this long, how were these lesser beings lasting where the orokin had not? it was the tenno it was always the tenno everything came back to them. Still the battle was reaching its end Natah knew this no side could withstand much more in the end there were three ships that were truly able to fight the kuva fortress, which was already heavily damaged, the railjack of the tenno, and the sentient of Natah. There would be one ending to this and as Natah expected several figures flew from the railjack, four tenno. There was no other way this could end for if she escaped the sentients could rebuild and the railjack could never destroy her ship. This would be a head on battle. Still something Natah did not expect occurred the kuva fortress released it's own ships, as did the crippled corpus ships, a last desperate effort to aid their allies. Natah had thought they would be blasted from the sky yet somehow these ships moved out of the way always avoiding blasts that should have destroyed them, the unnum was playing it's hand. It didn't matter what forces the origin system had they would fail. Natah could hear and feel as all the ships cashed into hers and the last army or the origin system made it's futile charge, and she felt them the last of her children leading the charge.

What followed could only be called a massacre for every sentient that fell 20 humans fell, yet they charged on the tenno killing sentient after sentient, that was after all what they had been made for. Still even they could not last forever and one would fall, then another, and another till one remained, the awoken. Natah had half expected she would always meet again with her awoken child, they were special after all. Still they were not her child they were here to destroy her and her people. this was no reunion of mother and child, it was a battle to the death, that was what it should be. Still for some reason Natah waited, she held back, she didn't go to the front and help her people, she just waited. what was coming could not be stopped, and yet Natah wished it would.

In an instant the door to the room Natah was in blew open and there was the tenno in their warframe. Natah didn't see the infested puppet that was the warframe but rather the child within. Yes this was unavoidable. " You coming here does not surprise me Tenno i told you before letting you live was an accident" She said her voice dispassionate. " you seek a shadow Tenno"

" That's a lie lotus i know it" The tenno responded from within their warframe a desperate child seeking to save a loved one even after all this.

" I am not the lotus i am Natah tenno" Natah corrected them before unleashing a blast of her own energy starting the last battle.

Natah was no combat sentient, yet she could hold her own and the tenno held back. Natah wished they didn't they sought to save her from nothing, this was who she was. The two would engage in combat that while skillful held little killing intent from both sides. Still even holding back the two could not stop from harming each other. The void infused powers of the tenno would slowly destroy parts of Natha while she killed the warframe 3 times, yet always the tenno forced it back up. Still the two where almost at their ends, as with one beam Natha cut the warframe down for the last time as the tenno forced themselves out and into her room. Natha could easily kill them just by opening the room to the void, but she didn't, she could kill the child in so many ways yet held back.

" Do you see now Tenno there is no lotus to save?" Natah asked as if victory was hers.

The tenno paused looking to heir arm where a device made of sentient remains that increased their void power was. The tenno looked from it to Natah and for a moment looked as if they might cry but Natah knew they were to strong for that "Yes" they said raising their arms to unleash their power upon Natah who was always speeding at them.

What resulted was a blast of void energy and the tenno on the cold ground with a sharp pain running through their gut, a blade, the one from their warframe was impaled through them. Above was not the visage of Natha but the lotus finally returned. Natah looked down her form changed form sentient to human. She looked down through the helmet to the dying tenno smoke still filling most of the room. " Now dream my child, dream not of what you are, but of what you want to be" Natah said repeating something ans had said long ago to the tenno.

The tenno looked up the light fading form their eyes " You should dream too Lotus" They replied a soft smile on their face as they died.

" i will my child i will" Natah said as the tenno would not die alone as the smoke full cleared the damage was revealed Natah was little more than a torso with an arm and part of a leg attached even the arm that had plunged the sword into the tenno was blown off. In the end the not even a sentient could survive this damage and in truth Natah didn't want do as she collapsed next to her child her long life over.

Cassandra Bellamy
Cassandra was normally not a very trusting sort, a fresh from the academy inquisitor of Mollug, 26 years old and already hardened by the politics of the school. She had grown up in a world of treachery, lies, and murder with the threat of death or worse, expulsion, constantly hanging over her. Recognized as The Black Academy, the place was well known for stealing orphans and turning them into ruthless monsters and soldiers for the Mollug High Council. These personal expert warriors were used as a private and often brain-washed army for the ruling class of Mollug. Many like Cassandra still had independence but recognized it was still better than the life of a common Mollug citizen. Power and wealth ruled in Mollug, the law of the Jaded Tome reigned supreme over the country. Cassandra was no fan of its influence, but with her status, she could do very little. She had once been more idealistic, hoping that maybe she could help change things; that had all changed when she had been assigned to The Shadow Hawks and brought to the frontlines of their crusade against Nortestra. She knew they were not the good guys in this conflict, not with the number of people they had slaughtered in the war. The split from Nortestra had been nasty, quick and violent, but she still could not condone the sort of genocidal revenge the High Council demanded.

Shoving those thoughts from her mind, she gathered herself and responded to the strange new entries to the battlefield, neither of them in the colors of Mollug or Nortestra. Kezathal and Yamiko, neither of which she knew she could trust; Yet this Kezathal was obviously not with the Nortestrans by the blood spattered across his mantle. He vouched for Yamiko as well and if she was of equal strength the two would be very powerful additions to her force. An alliance, for now, seemed appropriate she thought as she convinced herself to allow Kezathal and Yamiko to join their group.

"Alright then, I'll allow her if you truly vouch for her Kezathal. Form up on me with my other soldiers and I will guide the force to my commander. A swordmaster of much cunning known as Zygo. Perhaps we will be a welcome sight, perhaps not..."

This last sentence she spoke with a growl, her canines clenched in rage as she thought of the ambush her men had walked into. Perhaps she was being too untrusting, but with the forces of Mollug one could never be too careful. No one knew this one truth of the country better than another Mollug. Gathering her strength she lead the group down the steps, her weapon held steadily in front of her. Explosions and screaming were heard in abundance as they reached the main field of battle, alight with flame and covered in the remains of hundreds of warriors, hundreds more still struggling in the conflict. Her eyes widened as they found one of the main causes for the chaos, a raging black daemon known as a Culling Blade, a dark warrior of much strength and horror. It looked to have lost control, appearing to be the cause of many of the Shadow Hawk's casualties and more still for the struggling Nortestrans. The ruins and trees burned like an inferno in the evening of the day, the oncoming night to be lit up by the flaming tinder of the Shrine and woods.

"Ahhhhhh fuck... He summoned a Culling Blade that bastard..." She said to herself as she watched the carnage of its existence.

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV StaidFoal StaidFoal

Last edited:
Charon's head droops a little upon hearing what was summoned, his voice full of sadness when he speaks. "Not specters then, that's disappointing." That bit of news was almost enough to send him back on his trek to the capital, except there was one crucial detail that needed addressing. Magic was clearly prevalent and in wide use on this world, and that meant that if he charged solo into a siege situation he could end up seriously damaged. Taking part in this battle would give him a chance to examine and learn about the local magic while he had allies, temporary as they may be, to help him out.

His mind made up, the android rotates his head to face Ullis. "You were the sleeping man! I'ma going to give you a ride!" Not giving the chef a chance to protest or decline, Charon quickly stepped over and scooped him up before immediately breaking out into a soul and thruster empowered sprint. Naturally this meant that some of the drying blood on his gray armor was getting smeared onto the man's clothing. "We'll see you there, Hermit Lady!" he calls back to Delilah before leaving shouting range.

As they traveled, the android launched into a bit of a rambling 'explanation'. "You died, I was destroyed, and so were a bunch of others. Oh, the worlds we were on blew up too. Some crazy SIN god brought us here and told us to conquer this world. I want to eat his soul. And like Hermit Lady said there's wars and stuff."

-------
StaidFoal StaidFoal
Solirus Solirus (action with Ullis taken with their permission)

Ullis Hrundu

Ullis looked confused and was very much so, “ummmmm… Valucia? I mean I could tell there was a war, but I don’t understand anything that is going on...” Ullis put his hand on the back of his head and began scratching. He was clearly in some other planet, that was a no brainer, but he was still curious as to why he was here. Maybe he had been pulled away from his world for some reason? But the more Ullis thought, the more spaced out he was, to the point that the other metallic individual decided to grab him and carry him back to the battlefield.

“Hey wait what are you doing?, can you at least tell me-” As if one cue, the robot explained what was going on and why they were here. “Dead?... World’s destroyed?” Ullis muttered to himself in utter disbelief.

Ullis slowly began processing it, bit by bit, while still being carried. “D-d-did my world just die because of my reluctance to help?” Ullis kept muttering to himself, tears slowly coming out of his eyes, cleaning off a bit of the blood in his face, his nose getting covered by mucus, forcing him to breath through his mouth, only getting himself to hyperventilate. “Dammit, I need to keep my cool.” he said a bit more loudly only to fail miserably and start sobbing quietly enough for the individual carrying him to not listen. “Dammit, if only I was strong enough.” Ullis said, not putting much reason into what he said. “If only I had the courage to do anything about it, maybe I wouldn’t be here, and I would be cooking the feast for the heroes party and we’d be having the time of our lives.” Ullis said with his voice cracking a bit, and struggling to speak. “If only I didn’t reject their offer...But it’s too late now.” Ullis finally said, going limp and letting the individual carry him. Ullis needed some time to accept the current situation.

YsFanatic YsFanatic StaidFoal StaidFoal

Tear Krux

Tear nodded slowly, their eyes still trained on the sword. They'd need a better workspace if they wanted to thoroughly investigate a magical weapon such as this. They would also need the weapon to not be swung towards their skull.

When the strange warrior swung his blade, Tear didn't even dodge. Rather, one could immediately hear the ticking and whirring of gears from inside of Tear's FACE. The machine on their back cracked open with the sound of wrenching metal, and a large plated shield sprung into action, swinging out of the FACE faster than the eye could track. But before it ever made contact with the sword, Tear saw a figure rush out of the chaos of the battlefield and shove them out of the way of the blade.

Tear shook their head and jumped back onto their feet a second later, their shield refolding into the FACE. They looked to see who had tried to protect them, only to see who they'd least expected to try such a thing - the very mutant who'd hijacked the summoning earlier.

Tear thought for a moment, a hand on their chin. This creature had so far shown to be a remorseless killer, and had no reason to protect Tear. Therefore...

"Ah!" Tear snapped their fingers. "You want an allegiance! Of course! Tear Krux, at your service." Tear bowed towards the mutant, and stood up straight a half second later with their eyes locked on the pale swordsman.

"My friend, I would like to give you a forewarning. You've already seen this battle go awry, and I'll be the first to tell you why. Me and countless other entities have just arrived on that mountain over there, and while some of us, like me, want to use our logic to piece together a solution to this mess, others..." Tear chuckled, and made a wide gesture with their hands.

"Well, they want us all dead."

Yamiko

Yamiko gave a small bow to Cassandra. She could feel no ill intent from the soldier, and so the yokai was trusting. When they reached the main battllefield, something was busy slaughtering everything in sight. It was a truly putrid sight. She knew that the Culling Blade, as Cassandra called it, was a detriment to everything around just by looking at it. In Yamiko's previous world, she saw the signs of the Oni rising in numbers, and she abstained from doing anything. In the end, she wondered what good it ever led to, not taking action despite the signs. "I suppose the Culling Blade is something that both sides rely on being destroyed?" She didn't need Cassandra to answer that as it flung troops of each side around. An ice spirit that was also summoned tried battling it, but seemingly had little effect.

Yamiko considered jumping in, but the Culling Blade was already facing other devastating opponents. She looked over to Cassandra and said, "I advise we continue with meeting your commander. If we had barged into their fight, we'd be obliterated, no doubt." The crossfire was a flurry of ice and the ferocity of the Culling Blade. Anyone caught between them would have perished instantly. "Another opportunity will arise. If it ever comes to it, I may fight with you, but know that doesn't mean I'll be joining your side."

She spoke with enough force that her wish to remain neutral became evidently clear. Yamiko was betrayed by both sides of a war, after all, so she knew better than to trust people she met only minutes ago. To the samurai, this would only be a necessary, temporary partnership to ensure the survival of the world. It wouldn't be like last time. She couldn't just do nothing for a second time, watching as people were ravaged on and the city had gone to ruin.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Felicia
( SilverFeathers SilverFeathers dropped out so I'm taking control. It may not be the same)

After the Frostfire Princess blasted away what felt like the hundredth Mollug, the nausea had crept up like her kingdom's best assassin. She then noticed out of the corner of her eye a being of ice skate down a hill, dancing icicles following close behind. She grimaced, mumbling a vile curse as it became clear that Skathi was targeting the fire mages. The ice spirit was skilled in their magic, even against battalions of fire mages. Felicia was about to barrel her way towards the ice spirit when a wave of screams passed over. She looked to see a horrid, four-armed beast wreaking havoc on both forces. Even from afar she could feel its strength, and was relieved when Skathi decided to fight it alone.

Felicia struck down another Mollug with her sword of fire, but it felt as if each person she slew made her all the more sick. Thankfully, it would seem that her presence gave the fire mages the encouragement to fight, and she slowly fell behind the Nortestra forces. However, it would seem that she couldn't catch a breath even then, as some of the mages were swept away and into the air by a giant. It's eyes were pitch black, oddly enough. "A giant? Here?" she mumbled. No matter. Felicia reignited the ball of fire she surrounded herself in, lunging at high speeds at the giant's head. It failed to put up a fight, being taken by surprise and dying instantly. She fell with the giant, and was exhausted.

Still, not a second to rest, as two individuals had appeared behind the giant corpse. One was an oddly clothed man with a long, metal stick. Slung over his shoulder was the black-eyed child, the supposed daughter of SIN. She watched them suspiciously, ready to summon her fire sword once more if they proved a threat. At the very least, she would hear them out.

Delilah

The witch watched as Charon picked up the other man and began darting off. She simply sucked on her pipe, not even summoning a spirit wolf to ride to the Culling Blade. Instead, she walked, enjoying the scenery and moving at a cow's pace.​

FORSITH
The battle had reached the Mollug encampment now, The Nortestrans fighting tooth and nail to escape the ambush that had destroyed their own base of operations. The Mollug forces were fighting just as fiercely, knowing failure would mean punishment and most likely death later on. Necromancers were common in Mollug and the High Council made good use of this fact, turning deserters, failures and more severely injured soldiers into undead warriors to be thrown as cannon fodder at the walls of their enemies. Often necromancers would be brought to old and new battlefields alike to conjure up the fresh and not so fresh dead. It was a grim, yet effective technique that had turned Mollug's military into a force to be truly reckoned with. Not all of their soldiers were undead, not by a long shot, but they had effectively brought the undead into their own ranks and made quite effective use of the talent for necromancy many of Mollug were born with.

Forsith could see Zygo now, behind his forces and the newly arrived rampaging Culling Blade, engaged in combat with yet another pair of new faces to the battlefield; a strange cloaked man covered in scars and an academic looking sort with a large backpack. Turning to try and find the princess who had inspired his troops so, Forsith found that she had stayed behind in the carnage to confront two other figures, one with a large staff of sorts and the other a child with eyes pitch black. This battle had been quite strange and many figures had joined it and Forsith knew as a commander he should be ready for anything, yet, this whole conflict had been one strange happening after another. The Ice spirit that had been hunting his fire mages had been truly strange, its rage and violence seeming almost... personal?

Now it flittered about the field of battle, skating on a platform of ice in order to evade the obviously very pissed Culling Blade. Forsith was grateful it's attention had been diverted from the Nortestrans but he hoped the spirit would be destroyed all the same, its power and hate would most likely be a far worse threat than the Soulless Daemon's rampaging bloodlust. Turning back to the combat, he roared as his soldiers broke through the encampment defenses and began to fight among the tents. They had almost succeeded in escaping, all that was needed now was the death of the enemy commander and then hopefully, the Mollug forces would break.

SIN
SIN sighed as he appeared again in the forest, this time at a crossroads near the shrine, one path leading to Castellan, the other leading to The Solomon Fortress with the path behind him leading to The Ebon Shrine. He had forgotten about the 2nd group of adventurers he had wanted to summon, having picked them up right after the first group. It was an annoying and tedious job, being a god, especially of a world like the one, as embroiled in war as it was. Having these champions from other worlds was fun and did help drown out the monotony of eternity, but it did add to the list of things he had to be concerned about. Leaning against a post with signs pointing in the directions of the several locations, the god changed his cigar into a cigarette. Pulling in, the god smoked the whole cig in one breath before breathing out a cloud of smoke that changed colors and swirled in ways smoke shouldn't as it hovered in the air.

"Yall can come out now if you want!" He said as he snapped the fingers on his right hand. New adventurers began to appear slowly, going from foot to their head. They wouldn't gain consciousness until they had fully appeared thankfully. He hoped he wouldn't have to explain as much as he had earlier. But he doubted the mortals would be alright with a simple explanation.

StaidFoal StaidFoal
Derpy Dev Derpy Dev

Last edited:
Natah would be formed not as a sentient but as the lotus in her human form, the very form she had just before her death. Like this she was dressed is a fairly tight suit with the top of her head encased in a helmet that had a single glowing point and despite no obvious mechanism she could see just fine. For a machine of such extreme complexity like a sentient there was no simple boot up sequence not codes that flashed before your eyes in truth it was more like when an organic woke. Natah came too and recollections of what had happened just moments ago for her came back to her. The war, the fight, her people, her family, the tenno all flashed in her mind as if wanting a movie in an instant. Natah looked around as in as instant panic seized her, though she didn't fear for her life, or that of the sentients, no her fear was for something or rather someone else.

" Tenno?" She said the fear apparent before she even realized she wasn't on her ship her mind had been so over taken that even after taking in the area briefly she had only noticed the lack of the tenno.

After this outburst Natah realized that she was not where she had died. This place it looked like earth before the orokin had destroyed it, that was impossible it had been tens of thousands of years sense any unmodified life had existed on earth. Natah did not know how that was possible how could there be normal unaltered life here, just where was she. How was it just she was here saved from death and not the tenno?

" Where am i?" Natah asked not fully registering the others the confusion to great for her to take everything in.

Rojy Erac

How long had it been… How many years had he been drifting endlessly in space? Rojy thought of for the millionth time. He still wore the clothing he had worn from that party he was invited to and was kept intact with his power. Actually his power did a lot, stop the vacuum from killing him, phasing through radiation from the thousands of stars he saw, preventing gravity from pulling him which ROjy regretted adding, he regretted so much, he wanted to go braindead or simply sleep eternally, but both his power and the cold that froze him in place prevented such a thing from happening, thus he was forced to constantly see and experience the greatest boredom anyone could experience. He had gone mad more times that he could count, each one seemed different and kept him entertained for a couple millions of years, but then he would get bored and stare at the stars as his vision was also restricted to one direction. He had actually recently developed two more personalities that were thirsty for revenge but with very different ideas, possibly to keep a conversation and debates going inside of his head.

However, even with all these current and previous personalities, there always remained a glimpse of good inside him that simply wanted everything to come back to normal, to live a simple and basic life, yet due to the situation he was in, that wasn’t possible, thus the good remained in the depths of Rojy’s consciousness and soul and what dominated was a controlling tyrant and an anarchist with the dream of doing whatever it pleased. Both were so similar, yet they always argued with each other and suppressed the rest of the personalities. Yet today both were quiet. It had been so long that Rojy had thought of everything: every conversation, every question, every regret, everything he wanted to do, but this had only further make Rojy break and try to cry, which only led to nothing coming out of his eyes.

As Rojy kept drifting in the darkness, he noticed beginning to light up, reminding him the colors of his suit and the colors in general. Though the brightness didn’t stop there, slowly the light increased and approached him until all he saw was light, nothing more nothing less. Rojy unfazed by this quickly deduced that he must’ve entered another star, though the idea was shattered as he felt something… odd.

He didn’t feel cold anymore, and he didn’t feel restricted anymore, this time, he felt nothing, but that nothing was immediately interrupted by him feeling his body again, standing on the ground, not just any ground, but soil. Upon being teleported by SIN, Rojy collapsed, forgetting the feeling of walking and most actions humans did. He didn’t have time to look around his surroundings and he tried to remember how to walk. “Wha-wh-wh-wh-what?” Rojy said in disbelief. This time Rojy put his feet on the ground and began rising, his legs shaking more than that of a toddler learning to walk for the first time. He soon collapsed, but instead of frustration, Rojy began to cry, shedding tears of joy as he began to move again. He tried to rise up again and finally kept himself standing only to stumble onto a rock nearby which he used as support, but failed as he had also forgotten to use his arms and promptly fell down butt first into the ground. Though while this happened, Rojy felt a weird feeling in his body, especially his lungs. “Oh god, I need to breathe.” Rojy sitting on the ground shakily put his hand on his chest and breathed. “Oh goodness air… Oh goodness I’ve missed this feeling so much, breathing.” Rojy said as he began to gain strength in his body again, raising himself back up again.

When he rose up, he realized others that looked… peculiar were also in the area. In confusion he looked around until he looked at the only individual in the area that didn’t look confused. “Ummm...” Rojy said struggling to speak slightly loudly. “*cough* What is going on?” Rojy asked while he continued checking everything, from touching his face, feeling the smooth silk and fibers that made up his suit, and even looking around, admiring the various colors he saw, even tearing up a bit more once he saw the plant life and it’s vibrant green color.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Karcen Karcen (Any one else introducing their characters)

We were great once. Our homes were warm, our fields were plentiful, our families were happy, and our faith was strong. In our mountainous strongholds, we made a life for ourselves, erecting great shrines to our gods and gathering every week to break bread with our friends and families. For so long, the Picts were a strong people, and the gods blessed us with peace, prosperity, and a bright future for our children.
But as benevolent as our gods are, there are some that are cruel and unpredictable. From the south came the men of iron, their blood-soaked banners bearing a golden eagle. We thought them merely visitors bearing gifts, like so many before, and were not wrong. They gave us the gifts of cruel blades, of crucification and slavery. Our lands were stained red by the blood of our people, centuries of work and history torn down in days. In vain our warriors fought on bravely. In vain we begged to the gods for salvation. In vain we gave ourselves to the enemy, hoping for mercy for our children. We were fools.
It was only when I stood among the chieftain's hall, flame licking the wood, that i realize our folly. To place our faith in our gods, to become used to our peace, was to invite certain death. The hate for our folly, the rage at the slaughter of my people, it burned in me like the firestorm that consumed the hall. When the men of iron came with shackles, I turned that rage into my fuel. I lost count of how many I butchered that day. A dozen? Fifty? A hundred? But I remember how the fire grew with every life extinguished. It felt... good. I heard the cracking of the hall, and remembered the primal roar that ripped out of my mouth as the firestorm finally consumed me.
I awoke in a land of shadow, standing before what I knew was the judge of all fates. Death was a strange master, and its desires could not be understood by mortal beings. It knew my purpose in life was not fulfilled yet. It sensed my burning rage, and saw an excellent chance for both parties to benefit. It offered me life anew and blessing eternal if I acted as his reaper. It would be foolish for me not to accept. Revenge filled me, and I thought only of a chance to exact it upon those who stole my people from the world.
------------------
Andraste woke up in an unfamiliar world and in an unfamiliar body. She knew she looked the same, but she felt different. The rage that once possessed her wasn't in total control anymore. She was in control, although barely. And not just that. She felt more powerful, and when she gripped the unfamiliar weapons hanging from her belt, she felt a surge of energy pass through her.
Skuld.
The whisper entered her mind, the name alien to her. Yet she knew the meaning, and understood its purpose. The longsword would serve a reminder of the debt she owed her patron. It was by his will that she was here, and for the chance of avenge the Picts, the toll she paid would be great. She took a moment to swing the blade, and was stunned when it morphed into a spear, a bow, and a strange metal tube. This "Skuld" was an excellent tool indeed. So many possibilities...
Andraste took a look at her surroundings, and noticed she was not alone. Scattered here and there were a collection of different people. Some took humanoid forms, others appeared to be beasts straight from the legends of old. But they all looked as dazed as she was. Was this a good place to start her butchery? Perhaps, but it didn't hurt to watch her possible prey for a moment before letting the rage take over. A man in a strange robe was the first to speak, confusion obvious in his voice.
"The gods have given us a chance to redeem ourselves, it seems. What other explanation could there be?" she replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back