• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Critique Me

Would you buy any of my art?

• No, I don't like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, if I had money.

• Yes, please.

• Total voters

EvelienLocalArtist

In a drawer full of knives you're the spoon.
Hi there I've been drawing for most of my life and am always trying to better myself. So on this thread I will be posting some of my old works (like from middle school and high school) and some of my newer stuff and current works.

When critiquing please don't just say things like "It looks bad." or "Fix the face." It would be most helpful if you throughly explained what needed to be fixed and possibly how to fix it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170619_153853.jpg
    20170619_153853.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 7
Freshmen and Sophmore year. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

(My Mona Lisa has a snail, a snake, a wolf, a heart, a skull, and two daisies hidden in it.)

Sophomore year I started dabbling with drawing digital art on my small iPod screen, while still working on traditional art.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

These are just... I'm speechless. I came intending to try and help out with a critique but not only do you have amazing art all around, you have it in a variety of styles and while I don't doubt there may be a couple mistakes, at least I can't identify them.

Congratulations on some amazing work!

These are just... I'm speechless. I came intending to try and help out with a critique but not only do you have amazing art all around, you have it in a variety of styles and while I don't doubt there may be a couple mistakes, at least I can't identify them.

Congratulations on some amazing work!

Thank you that means a lot!

Hi Evelian! It's so soooo cool seeing the transformation that occurs when an artist habitually practices. I can see bounds and leaps of improvement over the years with your art, particularly with the confidence in which you make it. I have an extreme soft spot for effect makeup, and it seems yours is really cool as well, particularly the burn. VERY cool!

As far as critique? I would try to work on hands a bit more. One thing I find particularly helpful when working with hands is using yourself as a reference, or something like the posemaniacs hand viewer tool. I think working without reference with hands is something that stumps a lot of artists - me included.

Another thing I would work on is facial variance. Your characters all look unique aesthetically, but I think you could benefit from sitting down and trying to draw a lot of 'different' people. Some with small noses, big noses, crooked noses, different eyes, lips, of different races and ages alike. Right now the faces you draw look a bit similar to each other, but there's always a way to incorporate difference in any style you draw in. I have a hard time with this concept as well in my own work.

The detail you put into clothing is absolutely AWESOME, particularly the lace on the dresses on the last pictures you've posted, and the textures you apply to their clothing in general. Your color choice is fun and vibrant even in your bleaker, more horror-esque drawings.

Looking forward to seeing more work from you! :D

Hi Evelian! It's so soooo cool seeing the transformation that occurs when an artist habitually practices. I can see bounds and leaps of improvement over the years with your art, particularly with the confidence in which you make it. I have an extreme soft spot for effect makeup, and it seems yours is really cool as well, particularly the burn. VERY cool!

As far as critique? I would try to work on hands a bit more. One thing I find particularly helpful when working with hands is using yourself as a reference, or something like the posemaniacs hand viewer tool. I think working without reference with hands is something that stumps a lot of artists - me included.

Another thing I would work on is facial variance. Your characters all look unique aesthetically, but I think you could benefit from sitting down and trying to draw a lot of 'different' people. Some with small noses, big noses, crooked noses, different eyes, lips, of different races and ages alike. Right now the faces you draw look a bit similar to each other, but there's always a way to incorporate difference in any style you draw in. I have a hard time with this concept as well in my own work.

The detail you put into clothing is absolutely AWESOME, particularly the lace on the dresses on the last pictures you've posted, and the textures you apply to their clothing in general. Your color choice is fun and vibrant even in your bleaker, more horror-esque drawings.

Looking forward to seeing more work from you! :D

Thank you! And I agree, I'm quite bad at drawing hands and am stuck in a rut when it comes to facial features, but am currently trying to diversify them. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back