Other Cringey Rps

chicachu

We're all crazy here
So i've been roleplaying ever since i was 8. At that time is was mostly with my cousin. But i've looked at other accounts i've had on other websites, and even my first roleplays on this site. I'm curious. If you look back at your old Rps....does anyone else want to go and hide in a corner for the next 10 to 12 hours?

Absolutely. I look back at the how many characters I attempted juggling and realized how little effort every post took because I had too many people to play at the same time. Every character became a blur and no one really memorable stands out despite role-playing specific topics for months on end. Quality over quantity is what I'm going for now, haha.

So i've been roleplaying ever since i was 8. At that time is was mostly with my cousin. But i've looked at other accounts i've had on other websites, and even my first roleplays on this site. I'm curious. If you look back at your old Rps....does anyone else want to go and hide in a corner for the next 10 to 12 hours?

Omg yes! Lol

i started role-playing on neopets when i was like 8 lol
i very distinctly remember lying about my age, saying i was 13 so i could chat on the forums and it was funny because literally everyone else did the same thing but if you accidentally let your real age slip they blocked your account
but i had this one character i always used for every style of rp i just changed her clothes basically lol and she was just sooooo pretty but misunderstood
like thinking about it is making me so embarrassed lmao

I'm pretty sure every roleplayer who started at a younger age has felt like that before. Looking back at my old characters makes me want to take a cold shower.

I've had cringey characters but I can't say that I've ever had cringey rps. Even the worst ones I can remember are at least unintentionally hilarious. Must be my point if view. Lol

I started roleplaying on a page called goSupermodel. My characters were as interesting as an expired credit card with no money on it. And sentences were. So. Short. "How do I sentence?"-basically. It usually consisted of my characters sighing. What the hell? if I'd sigh 24/7 I'd actually question my sanity. But for 12 year old me, this shit seemed to be normal! And my chaacters were all so blunt! So lame! And all ANXIOUS! What. The. HELL!
Luckily, my now favorite roleplay partner ignored my cringey roleplaying

Yeah, I roleplayed Elves on WoW a few years back. I also once estabilished a concentration camp on a WC3 RP map. Ah, good times I despise remembering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Honestly, not really. I miss those days. I didn't overthink stuff, there was plenty of partners instead of plenty of games, and I pulled some sweet canons and OCs as well. I'm pickier now. And every person makes their own universe with one or two players. Back in the day, I have been a part of 20+ active players RPs.

I have better language, sure, but I never Mary-Sued.

I started role playing at a later age. About high school, I believe. Honestly, my very first role play was extremely memorable. Though now, I see many many flaws with the character I’ve created back then. Nonetheless, I loved the experience so much, I’ve been addicted since.

I’m not sure how I came across RPN, but I’m glad I did. One particular role play, although it didn’t last long, truly opened my eyes to a better writing style.

Honestly, I think if I really like a person’s writing style, I’d emulate it. That, in my own way, I believe truly improved my writing style :3

I got no regrets. The only thing that makes me cringe are my high school diaries xD

Oh my god, yes. So embarrassing. But as long as you've improved since then, it was worth it.

I'd say at least a fifth of things thar keep me up at night pertain to my old shitty Rps when i didn't write for shit

Basiacally all school and magical girl RPs. -_-
....yeah 95% of the players on my old RP of Nanoha is straight up either a sue or some horny dude trying to do an erpg with his female character with another dude's Female Character... *shudders*

I was the only sane one...

Speaking of School RPs...

Anything with a franchise name then "High School Rp."

Fnaf High School rp.

Sonic High School rp.

Mlp High School rp.

And these are ones I've partaken in years back.
Mostly on G+

oddly enough my first roleplay is one i would totally do again if i could find the art files for it.

it was a guided tour of a made up island i had created for free pixel pets i had colored for people.

it had different geography, creatures, and a whole backstory.

so like if i could find the old files i'd totes do it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That said the first groups I joined were...definitely for newbies. A whole lotta cringe around them. I think there were some cool ideas but wow the execution makes me want to weep.

I had some really cringy self-inserts and at least one sue beast.

I have a certain fondness for them now. And it was a site for newer roleplayers so I learned with everyone else.

I wouldn't go back. But I had fun while it lasted.

#chickensmoothienostalgia

I started roleplaying on a website that is now shut down at the age of like 6 or 7. Whenever I really really got into it, around 9 or 10, I didn't understand the concept of having different characters for different threads and roleplays. Instead, I had one singular character named 'Nina' who was 19, had rich parents, and I would search pictures of Hanna Beth on Photobucket and use different photos per roleplay. So embarrassing.

Then whenever I got onto a new website and was super full of myself and thought I was top crap, I had the stupid mary / gary sue characters or the super sad characters and was obsessed with making every one of my characters have some sort of horrible and tragic backstory but I wasn't unique with it at all.

Pffff. There was one guy I wrote when I was in middle school who would only talk in snarls. Or growls. Or smirks, or sneers. You get the gist.

My first roleplay character was basically a checklist of bad design decisions, and they didn't even really mesh into a coherent whole. Super special snowflake, destiny only he could fulfill, created in a lab, part angel, shadow wolf familiar, absurd powers... There were a few aspects of him that I liked, but if I ever dragged him into the light again I'd need to rewrite about 98% of him.

Ah yes, when my first OC had complete control over time. He was on a Council of Lords, all of which were other rpers who gave less than a fuck about balance. I was Quo Peregrinus, Lord of Time and former Republic Commando of the Grand Army of the Republic from Star Wars.
I wrote him in 20 minutes.

Not really for me, no
I mean, my writing has gotten a LOT better than when I first joined, but I never really wrote any overly edgy cringey stuff

I used to do damsel in distress RPs when I was younger. Oh god they were so bad lol the amount of help me dropping from them was unfathomable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back