• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Creatures B-Gone (Monster Hunting)

Emerald glared at him for a good minute more before taking a breath and her smile returned. "Yeah, sorry Landon, Adeila. I guess I let my anger show. To make up for it, how about I treat you both to lunch?" She asked, smiling at the two of them. She just wanted to leave and not look at Duke anymore than she had to.

"Lunch sounds good," Adeila said as she stopped near the door. "Going out sounds good too... Shall we get lunch in a place where we can eat outside?"

It would all be fine if Duke would stay there. The guy was great at ruining the atmosphere.

(Maybe we should stop here-ish so the others can reply too? Before we get too far ahead and it's no more fun for them?)

Landon stood up grabbing his gun and placing it into his belt. "I'll go but your not paying for me." He walked towards the door. "I'll buy my own, I couldn't let a lady pay for me." He smiled hoping his objection would be enough to prevent her from insisting but, he had a feeling she would insist. In reality he wanted to let her pay but he just couldn't. "Thank you for the offer though I appreciate it."

Opal looked at the others from her spot. Well I'm glad that little conflict is over. She looked at the others before picking her purse up. "Lunch would be nice if there is time for it." She said, looking at her watch.

"Nope, I'm paying. I still have my family's card so I plan to spend until they run out...or until they cut me off...but they haven't, so that means we're good." She giggled happily, skipping past Adeila and out the door. "And having lunch outside sounds nice. Good idea." She said with a bigger smile. "And you can come too Opal." She said before leaving completely, waiting for the others.

Sighing deeply he gives in, "Alright as long as you don't get in trouble." He looks over at duke "She probably could do with less partying." He hurries out the door to catch up with Emerald, "Whose ride are we using?" He knew his bike couldn't take them all maybe him and one other person but that would be it.

"Yeah, just go out and eat that bile you call food." Duke muttered under his breath, folding his arms and leaning back against the wall. He honestly didn't know how people went out to eat without getting sick of the food. It was either too greasy, too bland, or both to the arrogant man. He wanted to go home and just make himself something before realizing he was kind of flat out broke himself and had nothing worthwhile to eat back home. And gods damn it if he'd beg his father for money. I am a strong, independent white man who don't need no help. He mentally lectured himself.

"I walk. More refreshing that way." She said with a shrug as she put the card back in her pocket. "And I won't get in trouble; they'll just cancel the card and then call me with the speech that tells me I was a worthless daughter and that they are glad that they disowned me." She giggled as she finished, leaning against the building as she waited for the others. "But then again, I stole about half their cards, so that just means more fun until they had enough." She added with a smile.

Adeila smiled, happy they would have lunch some place outside. She hurried out of the door, glad to be out of the basement. Not that she minded Wallace's basement. It was great they managed to set up some sort of a base there. But she just preferred the outside too much.

"I agree on walking," Adeila said. She hardly did anything else. "Plus, we can watch people on our way to wherever. That's always fun too, isn't it?" she chuckled. Some people in the streets could be quite odd, be it in dress or behavior.

"I'm not sure I get what happened with you and your parents," Adeila said to Emerald. "But it sounds like a whole load of trouble."

"Would you like a ride." He points to his motorcycle (Cheep harley look alike), "I find that fun." He thought about it and realized he had only brought one helmet. Not that it mattered, he didn't really need one. "Everyone else could take Duke's car" He said with a mischievous smile. "I guess I'm out numbered, we can walk." It's not that far anyways he thought.

Emerald shrugs and keeps her smile. "Oh, no, they just hated that I wouldn't do what they wanted like my sister and brothers. And I guess I did push them over the edge when I left school wanting to be a monster hunter; a profession they despise." She giggled at the memory of the huge argument they had when she left. "Honestly, it's better to live your life than be a mindless puppet, don't ya think? And, if those are the options, I'm riding with you. I refuse to breath the same air as that bastard." She said with a slight growl at the thought of Duke.

"Agreed," Adeila said with a smile. "And I guess we're on the same side when it comes to people not agreeing on us becoming monster hunters." She laughed nervously and scratched her head. Family and all those sorts of things were definitely not subjects she was comfortable talking about. So now that they had started talking about this subject, she simply hoped they would quickly change subjects again.

"There's place for more than two on that?" she said as she looked at the motorcycle.

((Woah guys, what's happening in the rp? I'm at school and haven't been able to reply but I keep getting email notifications.))

(@marorda has the right idea going on, you should wait until everyone else can get in on this. I only have two 80 minute classes left until I'm home, I'm not sure about everyone else.)

Landon looked at the two, "Probably, but do you want to risk it, I've only got one helmet." He thinks for a second before speaking about why he became a hunter. "My parents are dead, they died on a job. Some sort of vampire type. They were found without even a drop of blood in their bodies. They would be horrified if they were still alive that I was a hunter. My little brother thank what ever god may exist is an accountant. Which is Ironic." His smile didn't exist in that moment, "I watched them die, the monster they were hunting found them first, I still don't know how I survived." He started his bike. "If your still up for it, I am."

(Thank you @Freezingcake! I know from experience that it's just no fun to come back and see like 4 pages of missed posts. Even if nothing important has happened, it's not very nice for other players, as they feel quite left out. For some this might even be the reason to just straight out quit an RP. So I'll just finish this reply and then wait for others.)

"Ehm... No thanks. I'd rather not risk it then. This job is dangerous as it is without challenging danger by doing stupid things..." Adeila said on one of her occasional more philosophical moments. She shuddered as Landon told how his parents died. Scary, dangerous evil monsters... She didn't like them. Nobody did. That was exactly why they did their job, right?

"Maybe they wouldn't be horrified... But rather proud? To see you carry on their legacy and fight to make sure what happened to them won't happen to others?"

... What in the world had inspired this sudden motivational and philosophical burst of words that came out of her mind?

Emerald smiled sadly at him. His reason seemed more noble than hers, and was also darker. "I'll take you up on that offer Landon." She said, her smile brightening. I mean, you doesn't love the thrill of the knowledge that you are taking a risk?

(Fair enough one more.)

He smiled a little hearing the comforting words. "You never know, perhaps someday they will get the chance to tell me." He revs the engine a little. He tosses a key to Adeila "My friends house is a block away. There's an old blue car in the garage if you want to use it. It belonged to my parents" He holds out the helmet to Emerald, "Please wear this. I don't want to get you hurt." He shuddered at the thought of getting one of his friends hurt. "Meet you there."

Emerald takes it with a smile, but instead of putting it on, she put it on his head instead. "Please don't treat me like a kid. I've done more dangerous things than riding without a helmet on a bike. Besides, it's more fun without one." She said with a wider smile as she got on.

@Majarkhon

Jaxson, Axston and Astor walked into the Monster B Gone HQ and by HQ they mean the leader guys mom's basement where a single guy was sitting at a desk

Astor being the oldest and most intimidating stepped forward and cleared his throat to get the guys attention

Landon Looks back at her. "Alright, just hang on." Smiling beneath the helmet he waits for her to hang on before taking off. He guns it, hitting 80 on streets he shouldn't be, but he couldn't help it. At his core he's a show off and he knew it. He loved the wind, he loved the engine, he just wasn't sure how the girl sitting behind him made him feel but he was exhilarated. Almost giddy he decide to take the long way to the restaurant. Hopefully Emerald wouldn't mind.

Emerald giggled as he took off. She loved this! The wind felt amazing and everything was going by in a blur. She noticed he was taking the long way toward the restaurant, but she didn't mind. She didn't want this amazing feeling to end just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back