• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Creative long term fantasy partners!

bushidodreaming

I'm an experienced writer in my early 20's, though I'd taken a break from RPing for a few years, I'd like to immerse myself back into RPing.

I work from home as a call service rep of sorts. I work long hours, and sometimes it's slow, so I'd enjoy having RPs to respond to during my downtime.  I can post consistently throughout the day, but as long as you  reply to me about once a day, I'm fine. I lose interest if it takes days for you to respond however, and after a week of no reply from you, I'll consider the RP dead.  I understand RL happens and some people get flaky/suffer from writer's block.  As long as you communicate with me I'm completely understanding and know everyone needs a break.

I am capable of both quality and quantity, but I'd actually prefer faster-paced posts.  I can usually respond with a couple detailed paragraphs, but since I'm just getting back into the RP swing, don't want the pressure of giving you a lengthy chapter novel each time. If your writing makes sense, is grammatically sound, and keeps the RP moving, I'm not picky about how much or little you write.

ONLY write original characters, and I NEVER write slice-of-life.  I'm not comfortable portraying or playing against canons, and want us to write characters of our own creations even if we draw inspiration from fandom settings.  I only write in settings with speculative elements, as well.  No reality slice-of-life, I live that ish every day, and it may seem childish but I need some form of functional magical in our RP to keep me engaged.

I write M/F, M/M and F/F relationships.  I don't care which gender you or I play.  I'm very flexible when it comes to that.  I don't like instant romance, and don't want our plot to revolve entirely around romance either because that gets stale quickly.  Romance is a zesty spice to add to the RP recipe; along with action/adventure, humor, drama, mystery, etc.

I prefer hashing out plots and character ideas in private.  Here are a few basic premises I'm interested in, feel free to message me with ideas of your own.  I don't think I can send PMs yet, so you'll have to message me first.

ORIGINAL PREMISES

A high fantasy world undergoing alien invasion

Retelling of Hades and Persephone (or characters inspired by the myth, with a mortal being sacrificed to be consort of God of Underworld)

An original fantasy world inspired by feudal Japan, and Japanese mythology (but not actually Japan, so we don't have to worry about being overly historically accurate)

A steampunk fantasy in a Wild West frontier town

Urban fantasy (I have a demonologist, faerie knight and werewolf who would all work well in this type of setting)

Psychic/paranormal/gifted boarding school

A world in the sky with griffins, dragons, floating cities and steampunk airship pirates

FANDOM SETTINGS

(Again, I will not write a canon character or against canons, no matter how much you try to convince me)

Harry Potter (students or Aurors)

Avatar: the Last Airbender (original series only, haven't watched Korra yet)

Dragon Age (haven't finished Inquisition yet)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (would love a line about a Slayer Academy, or a Slayer from Feudal Japan, the Old American West or Victorian England)

And that's it for now.  Please PM me, because I can't send PMs yet.

Just someone who will write a fantasy-based line with me, your character's gender or anything like that doesn't matter. All I ask for is creativity and some dedication to keep it going/interesting.

Well here is an issue I tend to have whenever I decide to dedicate my time to work for/with someone. Be it I make long detailed Character sheets, Lots of lore, hell one person got fancy weapons stuff from me and that partnership ended with a very stupid argument. You say you want someone creative to help you, but what if that person's creativity doesn't match up to yours or what you want? Would you get mad or simply go "Ermmm I wanted to do something like this..." ? Really, I've invested a lot of time into a lot of roleplays and 80 percent of them are inactive. That leaves 20 percent still clinging on to life.

I can offer some assistance, but I would expect the same dedication from you.

I just joined then so I do not know how this site works but I would be willing to engage in any number of scenarios/plots etc with you. However I would be most likeley to be active on Kik or Skype.

I would be interested! This is my first RP, but I've been writing outside of RP for a while now. The Hades and Persephone one sounds cool! I have a vested interest in death gods. Also, the urban fantasy. It depends which one you're most interested in. The paragraph-or-two format sounds perfect. I'm sixteen, and a girl, if either of those things are cause for concern, but I can play any gender. What kind of tone are you looking for? Solemn and serious, or more light-hearted and humorous? 

I've got a demon guy I've been wanting to RP with who'd work well with the urban fantasy. Are you still looking for RPers?

Well here is an issue I tend to have whenever I decide to dedicate my time to work for/with someone. Be it I make long detailed Character sheets, Lots of lore, hell one person got fancy weapons stuff from me and that partnership ended with a very stupid argument. You say you want someone creative to help you, but what if that person's creativity doesn't match up to yours or what you want? Would you get mad or simply go "Ermmm I wanted to do something like this..." ? Really, I've invested a lot of time into a lot of roleplays and 80 percent of them are inactive. That leaves 20 percent still clinging on to life.

I can offer some assistance, but I would expect the same dedication from you.

I can see where you come from but, way to put it, dude. I understand your frustration but posts like that guarantee me that I'll never want to play with you for fear of being judged. But heh, that's just my two cents.

Anyway, @bushidodreaming, I'm PMing you ! :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back