• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Crawl out through the fallout baby, when they drop that bomb

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
images.jpeg-66.jpg
Welcome to my apocalypse, it's fallout 4 except I'm changing the main story up. Some would say for the better but I'll let you be the judge of that. The main change in the commonwealth wasteland is the dead rising up like feral ghouls to feast on the living. Most who die come back dead, any who get bitten by the dead become the dead... so zombies, let's move on.

The story would focus on a small crew of bounty hunters/odd jobs sorts who would be replacing the Sole Survivor in the sense this group ends up influencing the wasteland via the faction they support/lead.

it starts on the job with our characters leaving Diamond city to tail a rumoured synth. Though the crew discovers what could only be a institute courser, thing appeared out of nowhere. In shock they attack the Synth in a black trenchcoat who could turn invisible, it was a tough fight. Surviving by the skin of their teeth they are able to question their original target afterwards, learning said snitch gets a supposed zombie cure in exchange for information. She claims the cure is real and the institute can bring change to the wasteland. "A cure for zombie infection" meaning if you get bit you can inject this and you won't turn into a mindless monster.

The story is the group trying to acquire the recipe/method to make zombie cures. This leads to choosing a faction to help make that happen. minutemen, brotherhood, railroad or attempting to take over the institute.

Cs would be picking stats and exaggeration of perks from the game.
Gunslinger, Blacksmith, toughness, nerd rage, etc.

If I ran this post requirements is two paragraphs or more twice a week.
I'd be ok with Canon characters and originals, could even erase Preston entirely if we want.
If three or four people want to play I'll proceed

Karcen Karcen MontanaKaidence MontanaKaidence you two said you'd like to play, if two others pop in then I'll start it. Though if you aren't interested and four others are ill start it then to.

Last edited:
Think about your hero
When you're at ground zero

Can I kill Preston (or let him die in a zombie attack I could've totally saved him from) and reforge the Minutemen in my image if I join? XD

Can I kill Preston (or let him die in a zombie attack I could've totally saved him from) and reforge the Minutemen in my image if I join? XD
Somewhat, the death of Preston can totally happen.
But a character raising/having their own army would throw off balance.

If one of the player characters is basically the leader of a faction then it's sorta implied the main plot will go through them, meaning its how the minute men are dealing with zombies and the institute...

Not saying that can't work, but if said general starts with the castle, mortars and flare guns that gets backup from nearby settlements then it may be to much

I'm fine with it being like it is at the start of the game or even just controlling a part of the MM or just being a Minuteman after Preston's death...basically I just want Preston gone and to help rebuild them to be a better equipped faction XD

That should be fine, assuming its me karcen and you it could be a trio of Mercenaries who end up rebuilding the minutemen for the purpose of fighting back the institute and getting the zombie cure.

I'll make a cs page soon but while everyone's here what's a fair level to start at? Going off the standard fo4 way everyone is born with enough special points to have 4 in each stat.

Levelling up is raising a stat or getting a perk so for a starting off point what's fair for some wasteland adults?

Im thinking 15 or 20 points for stats and five perks. Stats being relative to what a character is good at and checks i present in game or you as a player think of.

Like having 9 strength to break down a wooden door with a weapon or to try and intimidate a thug.
10 luck to find loot,
1 luck and your weapon jams way to much Etc

I just plan to have a beast master type ( psyker) with wild wasteland turned up to 11 with lovecraft here and there lots of stories

I'll make a cs page soon but while everyone's here what's a fair level to start at? Going off the standard fo4 way everyone is born with enough special points to have 4 in each stat.

Levelling up is raising a stat or getting a perk so for a starting off point what's fair for some wasteland adults?

Im thinking 15 or 20 points for stats and five perks. Stats being relative to what a character is good at and checks i present in game or you as a player think of.

Like having 9 strength to break down a wooden door with a weapon or to try and intimidate a thug.
10 luck to find loot,
1 luck and your weapon jams way to much Etc
Ehh most people use states as flavour as needing to do rolls is a lot harder than trusting people. Example you need to stat out every check you can think of before hand otherwise it will really slow things down and will make for verybshort posts as you can't complete x without y check which needs you to say they need z stat

So are we using just equipment in FO4 or can we include stuff from the earlier canon games? (FO, FO2, 3, NV, 4 and I'd include 76 in that list)

Ehh most people use states as flavour as needing to do rolls is a lot harder than trusting people. Example you need to stat out every check you can think of before hand otherwise it will really slow things down and will make for verybshort posts as you can't complete x without y check which needs you to say they need z stat

Not so much rolls, I have some pre determined events and I'd throw them up like narration or dialogue options when relevant and players can try their own based off what I've shown and I'll respond if they pass or fail.

Like if I say a thug can be intimidated or a wooden door can be destroyed with a suitable weapon and "X strength" players can attempt breaking doors/locks/other plot relevant things and i say yay or nay in game.

So are we using just equipment in FO4 or can we include stuff from the earlier canon games? (FO, FO2, 3, NV, 4 and I'd include 76 in that list)
More Fo4 stuff but other things can be about, you probably won't have a telsa cannon or the space laser from solar panels.

Oh no I was thinking the standard stuff most could get not the super weapons XD Chinese Assault Rifles and Service Rifles anyone? XD

Not so much rolls, I have some pre determined events and I'd throw them up like narration or dialogue options when relevant and players can try their own based off what I've shown and I'll respond if they pass or fail.

Like if I say a thug can be intimidated or a wooden door can be destroyed with a suitable weapon and "X strength" players can attempt breaking doors/locks/other plot relevant things and i say yay or nay in game.

More Fo4 stuff but other things can be about, you probably won't have a telsa cannon or the space laser from solar panels.
Hmm I was planning a wild wasteland type but 4 has no wild wasteland

Wasteland is gonna be wacky in general, the institute unleashed a zombie apocalypse around the time liam Neeson had a dream for clean water.

Parody’s and references are about with or without a perk choice

Wasteland is gonna be wacky in general, the institute unleashed a zombie apocalypse around the time liam Neeson had a dream for clean water.

Parody’s and references are about with or without a perk choice
Okay the idea is a tribal beast master who considers the many critters with her as her kids. (Being a psyker she can talk to them) and just has the most wacky adve tires before this

I think for fairness how about she can have one animal/creature companion that's not deathclaw or bear sized and by picking the charisma perks for animal friend and that wasteland creatures one she has a chance of ordering about anything her level or lower.

So it isn't instantly recruiting anything that happens about

Hmm radscorpion sound good I have an explanation where she got one as there is always an adventure. Going to need to down grade her family given itscritters she raises over tames

As just taming them isn't as wild as full back and forths only she can understand

Hmm radscorpion sound good I have an explanation where she got one as there is always an adventure. Going to need to down grade her family given itscritters she raises over tames

As just taming them isn't as wild as full back and forths only she can understand
Its probably more along the lines of only people with psyker abilities/traits get the animal/creature friend perks so she can raise shit and talk to them somewhat. My main concern is having one player whose main contribution post wise boils down to them talking to themselves/action.

Not saying that's what you plan but to be honest I've seen enough characters having conversations in their head to instantly put a bad taste in my mouth GM-wise

Its probably more along the lines of only people with psyker abilities/traits get the animal/creature friend perks so she can raise shit and talk to them somewhat. My main concern is having one player whose main contribution post wise boils down to them talking to themselves/action.

Not saying that's what you plan but to be honest I've seen enough characters having conversations in their head to instantly put a bad taste in my mouth GM-wise
I get it though I often will skip over what the critterssay so it's one sided before she bugs others or the critter bugs others they tend to be smarter than normal animal be ause wacky reasons

I could come up with another idea if you really like though all are very odd
Odd isn't bad, so long as it fits the fallout cs sheet/ stats perks wise and the narrative in the sense of the player characters starting as a team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back