• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [Craving] LF Necromancer because I am dead inside.

Generic Brooding Antihero

Justice Ain't Gonna Dispense Itself
And if you're still breathing,
you're the lucky ones,

Cause most of us are heaving
through corrupted lungs

First of all, disclaimer: I did not just quote that song because I have pneumonia.

Some of you may have PM’d me a few days back, and I’m sorry if I only got to reply today. My throat/lungs were killing me, and I didn’t want to reply before being sure that I wasn’t going to, like, die and keep you hanging. That would be taking ghosting to another level, and I’m not sure I’m prepared to take that level of commitment yet.

Bitch, get to the point
Fine. Okay. I’m looking for a sadomasochist. Not that kind of sadomasochist, you perv. It’s against site rules, unfortunately

No, I need someone who shares my passion for seeing my characters suffer. I need someone who can play a broken someone, because I want to play a broken someone, and sometimes two people are broken in just the right ways that they fit each other perfectly.

There might be romance, or there might be none. It doesn't matter, because it's not about love. Not really. It’s about finally getting up, getting the door. Letting someone in. Hell, it’s about finally going out, going to someone’s door, finding the courage to ask them to let you in.

That said, pacing and subtlety are going to be very important here, if we’re to believe that our characters are truly people with issues. I’m going to need someone who’s okay with a slow burn, who lives for the moment just before the kiss that almost happens, that might never happen. Let's enjoy the dance, watch our characters take a step forward, and then another one back, because things don't always go the way we want them to. What's important is they've got someone holding them as the music plays, and when the silence kicks in.

Basically, I am craving heartbreak, thanks.

About me
If you need to know more about me and how I RP, here’s a link to my master thread. The tl;dr of it is I write a lot and have an inflated sense of self. Also, I don’t do detailed character sheets (or at all).

What I expect from your character
1. Mid-20’s or older
2. Any gender
3. Possible Tragic Backstory™ to be addressed in main plot
4. Dead inside

What you can expect from my character
1. Mid-20’s, probably older
2. Any gender (whichever you prefer)
3. Definitely some sort of Tragic Backstory™ to be addressed in main plot
4. Dead inside

Main Plot
I’m more interested in exploiting an angst-ridden, hurt/comfort-y dynamic, so I’m not very particular about what the plot/setting ought to be. However, I have found that a decent conflict/plot set-up makes things more interesting in the long run. Here are a few ideas to get us started:
1. The Cop Procedural Formula. Inspired by every other show on CBS, our characters have to work together to catch a serial killer of some kind -- probably the type of serial killer that sends the police lovely, taunting messages, and poses their victims in artistic, philosophically-significant ways. One of the characters is probably a genius who’s a little bit out there, and the other is a little more grounded with issues of their own.
2. The Notting Hill Formula. One of our characters is a major celebrity. The other one lives under a rock, and is probably the only person in the country/world who has no idea who they are.
3. The Miserable Formula. Set in some sort of dystopian society where our characters try to liberate society from its dystopian-ness. Would greatly prefer if none of the characters broke into a song at any point in the RP.
4. The Supernatural Formula. Not really talking about playing a Totally Straight™ dude and his Totally Straight™ angel friend, but a more fantastical world complete with prophecies and stuff. A Major and Totally Important prophecy involves one or both of our characters. I don’t know yet what it is, but it must be very major and totally important.
5. The Beauty and The Beast Formula. One of our characters is cursed. The other one is the key to curing it. Or they could both be cursed, and set out on a journey to cure their cursed-ness. Let’s be real here. Someone is probably going to die along the way.

Digging the sound of that?
Hit me up with a writing sample via PM! Also let me know which plot you want to do.

Last edited:
About me
If you need to know more about me and how I RP, here’s a link to my master thread. The tl;dr of it is I write a lot and have an inflated sense of self. Also, I don’t do detailed character sheets (or at all).
Just so you're aware, the link you posted leads to your private workshop. Other users will be unable to see this as only staff and yourself can view your private workshop ^-^

Just so you're aware, the link you posted leads to your private workshop. Other users will be unable to see this as only staff and yourself can view your private workshop ^-^

Dude, you're like that unsung hero that tells me I have, like, a popcorn kernel stuck in between my teeth or something. Cheers! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back