• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Craving an arranged marriage scenario; non-modern, mostly fantasy

Lady Sabine

Hey all. I'm Sabine. No point in cluttering this up talking about myself, so if you're interested in learning about me we can just chat OOC. Or if you're not, we can be more about the actual business of roleplaying.

Anyway, I'm going to get right down to the brass tacks so I won't waste your time or mine. ( ;) )

• Please reply more than once per week. The less often you reply, the less interested I will most likely be. So if you're few and far between, you need to have fascinating writing for us to last. That having been said, I might sometimes go a little further in between replies due to exams. I'll try to give you advance warning.
  • Give me a paragraph. Doesn't have to be a huge one, but four sentences isn't hard. Give me something to reply to, and run it through spell-check. I'm really not a stickler, but if you don't put forwards any effort it makes me a sad panda. However, if you're just learning to roleplay, give me a head's-up and I won't take it personally. I'll even give you some tips on how to improve, if you'd like.
  • I will definitely play male characters, but for the main pairing I want to play the girl. That's just what I'm craving at the moment. I don't mind doubling or starting a second RP with you after a time.
  • I like building worlds and plots. If you also want to participate, great! If you want me to come up with most of the settings, cultures, and plot twists, that's also A-OK. Just let me know which style you prefer.
  • For the obvious reason that we are on RPNation.com, we will abide by all the rules of RPNation.com. No ifs or buts. Or butts.

Sweet. That went a little longer than I thought it would, but if you're still here we can make something work! Even if you don't like any of the ideas below, hit me up and we'll work something out.

• The Emperor's New Country - Your character, the young Emperor of the most powerful country on the planet, is in a precarious position. His father's unexpected death put him on the throne during troubled times, and in order to please his advisers and citizens like he must prove his strength through conquest, proving himself a worthy replacement. In order to do this he invites the royal family of Navrin to treat with him on an island, and once there has them all murdered save for the princess, my character, who he marries in order to annex Navrin into the Empire. Edorah, quiet and fearful already, is hardly the sort to arrange a rebellion, yet she is hardly more comfortable with letting the Emperor get away Scott-free. This can be romantic or not, revolving around the political struggle at both courts to prevent further bloodshed, and will be in a vaguely defined time period technologically somewhere between Hellenistic Greece and the Renaissance.
  • One if by Earth, Two if by... Fire? - Ever since the world began, or at least so the legend goes, the eight elemental dragons (two each of Fire, Earth, Air, and Water) have been at odds with each other. And although they each gave their blessings to humanity, they also cursed those human nations to forever fight against each other. But some twelve years ago now, the dragons disappeared. For a while the war intensified, each side blaming the others, but now things have started to quiet down a little. Without the dragons and their terrible magics forcing the people to continue their war, the kings of Earth and Fire have started talking. The king of Fire has only a single son, the king of Earth a single daughter. They are to be wed and combine their nations, to combine the ferocity of the Fire military with the stability of Earthen agriculture, and lead their people into a new era. This will focus mostly on the social and political tensions of uniting two nations as different as they come, and can also be fairly non-romantic if that's your preference. The level of technology is completely undefined, but should be pre-steam.
  • The Oberjarl's Daughter - The magical defenses that have protected Kairnolde against the demons of the frozen Northern Wastes for centuries are failing. The Oberjarl has offered the hand of his oldest daughter, Thurin, to the man who can save his kingdom. Your character fits that description. Leading a host of men (between two and seven thousand), he has come to claim the woman and the title. What the Oberjarl conveniently forgot to mention is that the title of Jarl is inherited by blood and Oberjarls are elected only in times of great need, meaning that he will still formally hold no rank or status save for being the Jarl's husband... but the snows are already blocking the passes, and the snow demons are starting to invade. Thurin and your character will spend the winter fighting side by side, learning to respect and perhaps even love each other. Medieval tech, something along the lines of Skyrim.
  • Secrets Best Kept - The Argent Willow Inn lies in a crossroads of the King's Highway and the Silver Road, but also on the crossroads between the mortal and fey realm. The Silvertongue women have been the innkeeps for centuries, serving both men and faerie even when the Church formally banned all Fae and magic from the kingdom. Distant as they were from the capital, only the rare inquisitor passed through every other year or so, at which time they hid any evidence of wrongdoing quite well. However, on the Fae side, the war between Seelie and Unseelie has been picking up. When the innkeep is murdered, leaving her daughters in charge of the inn, one of the kings/queens (either mortal or Fae, up to you) decides that something must be done to protect them, and offers the oldest daughter a husband to protect her and the inn both. One does not simply turn down a marriage offer brokered by the royalty, so she accepts. This will be pretty straightforward medieval or early renaissance, and can be as simple as the couple learning to live with each other or draw in more conflicts from the supernatural/mortal troubles brewing around them.
  • A Priestess Pardoned - When a "civilized", steam-age country takes over a "barbaric" island nation, they waste no time in murdering the royal family, burning the palaces, smashing the idols, and murdering the priests. As for the priestesses, they are considered too dangerous to become normal slaves, but a system is arranged so that they can be pardoned and allowed to keep their heads, so long as they marry a colonist and he keeps an eye on them. This is what happens with our characters, though for what reason is up to us. Lust? Pity? Some sort of deal? We'll figure it out. In any case, this will focus on their loyalty to their people vs their newfound loyalty to each other, as well as the larger social struggle taking place on the island. Vaguely Victorian era, possibly steampunk if you feel comfortable with that, but the islanders had only stone tools and chiefdoms prior to colonization and conquest.

Anyway, you can definitely see the themes running through here; if you have something similar run it past me. I've labelled all of the ideas for your convenience, so go ahead and send me a PM (or post here if you can't send PMs yet) telling me what you'd be interested in doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looking; I have a few other ideas that I haven't quite thought through yet but would be willing to talk about if someone asks. ^^

I am so interested in these right now it's not even funny. Any of the three not faded out ones would be cool with me. I've got a few ideas that might work with any of them if you feel like doing some world building together too. xD

Because I must, and because this looks too interesting to pass by, are you open to non-hetero pairings perhaps? I'm only really comfortable doing FxF's, romance wise, but I'd definitely be down for A Priestess Pardoned if you're willing ^^

If not, don't worry about it! I totally understand, just figured I'd ask~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back