• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Corrupted Hope (Closed)

The Last Avatar
This RP with take place in the relative future. Humanity has brought to the brink of extinction. The remaining populace resides in what are called barrier cities. Outside the walls of these cities, the world is a barren husk now called the Badlands. Monstrous creatures known as Evos roam the Badlands, searching for prey and often they attack the barrier cities in hopes of gaining entry.

The only force that prevents our walls from being overrun is an elite task force called the Ascended. They are humans gifted with incredible powers that allow them to fight and kill Evos.

Our two characters will be two Ascended. One a seasoned and jaded warrior, the other a hopeful new recruit fresh out of training. Together they will fight for survival, while along the way discovering that the greatest enemy resides not out in the Badlands, but in their own corrupt cities. Dangerous truths will be uncovered, and our characters will be in constant danger. Will they be able to survive long enough to bring an end to the threat looming on the horizon?

I would be interested to join this RP. Sounds very similar to God Eater and Freedom wars. I am fairly new but I am willing to try my best. What requirements do you have for an RP partner?

Quark said:
I would be interested to join this RP. Sounds very similar to God Eater and Freedom wars. I am fairly new but I am willing to try my best. What requirements do you have for an RP partner?
Just that you post relatively frequently and have decent grammar and punctuation.

I see. I probably can only post once or twice per day, though it might lessen in 6 weeks time during exams. Not sure if you would be ok with that.

That is fine, I usually can only post that much too. I have finals in less than a month along with moving, so things are gonna be a little hectic xD

Ok! Good luck with studying for those exams.

English isn't my first language but I think I can pull off decent posts. Let me know when you want a character sheet and I'll get started on it.

Do you want to be the seasoned, jaded warrior, or the new recruit?

Also, yes this is based off of God Eater, but it isn't the same. One of the major differences is that Ascended have powers of their own. They don't wield special weapons unless they choose to. @Quark

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ithreal

I prefer to be a new recruit, since it'll be easier for you to introduce the lore to me. Don't worry, I won't be an RP partner that just waits on the other to come up with ideas. Once I get the tone of the RP story, I'll be happy to play NPCs and such.

85a7294a-fe92-4a66-97a6-1a2ec7ae6c89_zpsf3b1120d.png

Name: Erik Gliborna

Sex: Male

Appearance: Minus the tattoo on his chest. He often wears a simple black shirt with an open long coat with blue as the main color, white that covers the shoulder and goes down the back to just under the shoulder blades with two thin horizontal lines in this white. Black runs along the outer edges of the coat. He does wear the pendant in the picture. His skin has numerous faded battle scars. His eyes are a vibrant and piercing blue. He does have a mark on his right wrist that extends up his arm and across his chest, neck and face and becomes much more intricate when he enters God Force. The mark appeared upon his first awakening Mark

Backstory: Erik was born to a nomadic group of people that somehow managed to survive outside of the Barrier cities. They wandered the Badlands, searching for any place to sanctuary. As the years passed, Erik grew into a rambunctious and determined boy with dreams of ridding the world of Evos once and for all. It was during a hunt for resources that an awful event took place. Small Class Evos ambushed the group, slaughtering everyone except for Erik. Having hidden during the attack, Erik manage to avoid detection, but he could not escape the sounds of the dying as they were eaten alive. The young boy was found two days later in complete shock.

After he had recovered, Erik's dream of ridding the world of Evos became his true goal in life. Another attack solidified that decision as Erik and the rest of his people were attacked by a hoard of Evos. The sight of watching his friends and family torn to pieces in front of him caused him to relapse to the earlier attack. Cursing his fear and powerlessness, Erik swore to the God that had abandoned them to this horrible fate that he would bring about a new future for the world. It was that moment his power awakened. Raw and unfocused, Erik didn't know how to control his power, but he was able to fight against the Evos. After what felt like hours, the fighting stopped. Erik had killed every single Evo within sight.

Shortly thereafter, Erik and the remaining members of his people were found by a S&R group from the closest barrier city. They had detected the energy signature of an Ascended and came to bring him in. Arriving in the city and meeting with numerous people, Erik enlisted into the Ascended Corps, and became a soldier to fight against the Evos. Over the years, he rose through the ranks, his battle strategies and tactics overcoming near impossible odds.

Skills: Tactical and strategic planning. Quick analytical thinking during combat. Close/ranged fighter. Melee combatant expert. Expert Swordsman.

Powers: Elemental Manipulation - Capable of controlling the four basic elements of nature: Water, earth, fire, air. Capable of generating fire and heat. Capable of pulling moisture from the air to supply him with water. Capable of controlling the three phases of water. Incapable of controlling earth unless connect to the earth. Cannot control more than one element at once.

Energy Manipulation - Capable of controlling the energy around himself as well as within his own body to achieve various effects: energy barriers, energy constructs, energy blasts and continuous beams. Flight. Telekinesis through manipulation of energy around an object or person.

God Force - It is believed that Erik somehow bypasses the natural limits of his physiology, granting him immense increases in all physical attributes. This also causes his powers to increase many fold, as well as developing the ability to control all 4 elements at once. The whites of his eyes turn black, and his eyes glow blue, along with how his mark changes upon entering this state.

Weaknesses: Fire - The element of emotion. Raw emotions trigger this power to become stronger, but will easily go out of control. Water - It takes several seconds to gather enough water to use offensively or defensively leaving him vulnerable to attacks. Earth - Displacing him from the ground renders this power inert.

Energy Manipulation - This power is fueled by his own body, or through great effort, the energy around him. Using this power over much tires him rapidly and can result in death should he completely drain himself of energy. Diamond for some reason absorbs his raw energy, and if placed on his body, saps his strength while rendering this power inert.

God Force - This power drains his energy rapidly. Also due to the incredible amount of stress of this power damages his internal organs.

Weapon: Exactly like Lenka's original God Arc, except it is much less bulky. The sword is of decent length, dual edged with a broadsword form. The cannon form is about 60% smaller. The cannon allows him to concentrate his energy and unleash it in a devastating burst. The cannon can be used with his fire, air, and water elements. The sword form is capable of channeling all four of his elements, as well as energy.

Other: N/A Currently.

Name: Jun Stratus

Sex: Intersex (but identifies as female)

Appearance:

fafc1541839a292750bb75e1acdd9bde.jpg

Backstory:

Jun had grown up in the barrier city of Aqualia. She had lived in the comfort of the city with her mother and father. From the age of 12, her elder brother Shun had left home, conscripted to join the elite team of the Ascended. From then, she had little contact with him as he seemed often busy. Gradually throughout the years, the frequency of contact had decreased.

Like in many other cities, she had been taught to be frugal as resources were very limited since the Evos had conquered a majority of the lands. Through the years of school, she had been drilled into her mind well enough to never venture out into the Badlands were the Evos would devour them. She had never had fathomed to even enlist herself to protect the cities from these foreign creatures, until she reached 17. It was shortly after a week when a letter had arrived to her family, stating that her brother had passed away on the battlefield. In her carelessness of dropping the glass of boiled water, she startled herself and instead of burning her skin, the drops of water were magically suspended in the air. It was the same power that her brother had developed when he was of a similar age.

Her mother had been greatly worried, and pleaded for her to not go. After losing her son, she didn't want to risk losing another child. Even so, Jun had did not stop considering the opportunity that she could join the Ascended to find out what had happened to Shun. After a year, her parents consented to her decision after seeing how much time and effort she was to training her new powers. For the next few years, while her friends from school had decided to pursue after a career within the city, she and very few others had joined the recruitment camp.

The training was as harsh as her brother had once told her. Finding herself at a slight disadvantage with her physique as a woman, she was suggested that she could undergo a gender change. Though reluctant, she decided to undergo the surgery treatment, as finding the truth about her brother was more important.

Skills:

• Basic skills in first-aid treatment
  • Extensive practice in parkour
  • Agile and has fast reflexes
  • Short-ranged/long range fighter

Powers:

• Manipulation of water and ice. When there is a body of water or ice close by, she is able to manipulate it. There is a limitation to the volume of water and how long she can cause water to suspend in the air. She is also able to apply this to her own blood.
  • Manipulation of metallic elements. This applies to some alloys, though it will be more taxing on her energy. She is able to cause solid metals to change in temperature and allow them to move through air and water mediums.
  • Enhanced speed. She can move very fast for a maximum of 4 minutes at once. Combined with her quick reflexes, her body can react to situations quicker than the blink of an eye.
  • Falcon's eyes. Though her instincts are generally good, she has a good hunting eyesight like a Falcon. This is only applicable to daytime as she sees just as bad as an average human in the dark with no street lights.

Weaknesses:

• She can be brought unconscious more easily, if not dead with just a few critical hits. Her general pain tolerance is lower than the average Ascended recruit.
  • When using her water and ice manipulation powers, she is additionally vulnerable to electricity.
  • When using her ability to manipulate metal, she is additionally vulnerable to water.

Weapon: (to be determined later on in the story when she chooses one. Probably a gunblade with an extendable long chain on the end? For short range, she could use a short sword or Katana.)

Other: Her and her brother's name were given from her mother, who had an Asian origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back