• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Compromise Brings Delusion (Arranged Marriage) (Open/Always Accepting)

"That's fine with me, but please don't scare her too much. She's been through a lot today." He said, still a bit worried for the princess. All of it involved Alice too, now that he thought about it.

Rein nodded at Chadwick's idea and before he could crawl inside, he was pulled in instead, making him trip a bit. He heard Hope's yipping, trying to wake Kai and Benjamin up before they can spring their surprise. So the Kelpie servant smiled at the little hippo, picking her up as he crawled, and held her in front of Benjamin's sleeping face. Just to add the fun, Rein whispered in a creepy voice, "Wakey wakey, Benjaaaamminn~!". He didn't want to spook the prince either, at least not give him a heart attack. That would be bad, really bad. So...to wake up with Hope's cute face shouldn't be that scary...right?

'...I really hope that Pelissier was kidding about teasing Benjamin...or an exaggeration...' Rein thought to himself as the struggling Hope wiggled in his hands while yipping and growling cutely. "...It's okay, Hope. We won't harm Princess Kai or Prince Benjamin. Just gonna wake them up for the dance that's coming soon, is all." He whispered to the little hippo.

lissamissal lissamissal Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
He still didn't know what that was, he didn't even realize it was a smaller version of something to him it was completely unique. He looked at it for a little bit and saw how it snapped and growled at him "water puppy?" he questioned quietly, its behavior was like that of a dog and it seemed to be the size of a puppy so it seemed like the right thing to dub its species. He quickly realized it might make enough noise to wake the princess and lowered him self to the ground as quickly and quietly as he could at the foot of the bed. He might have been large but even something his side couldn't be seen from the bed if he was clever enough about his hiding place.

He looked at Rein for an indication whether or not they were awake or not, If they weren't plans proceeded as normal if not... he would get creative. He thought about standing up extremely fast if they woke, But quickly decided the idea was a bad one due to the knowledge that the princess might possess magic. As magic had been banned for longer than he had been alive as anything other than a power source there was a lot of superstition about it. Some thought it worked through curses, witches mixing up potions and making you infertile. Some thought it made them gods, great beings who stood up and blew armies away with great storms of fire and ice. He personally thought it was a mix of both, he had seen magic first hand once when he had visited homeland for his great grandfathers funeral, a little gnomish girl could make little red crystal men dance and fight. Honestly, he held few superstitions about it and simply called it something to avoid being on the wrong side of. He finally settled on slamming his hand ontop of the hard wood bed to scare them if they woke.
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount lissamissal lissamissal

Rose Vindell 2.jpg
"And suddenly, the dwarf becomes a tea expert."

Rose puts a hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter. It was not the first time she'd met a dwarf, as there were quite a few at the Dark Realm facility she was trained in. She also recalled a particularly interesting Dwarf family that lived near her shop in the Fire Kingdom. While the husband was out for the day, the wife would often come to her shop to ask her to fix things around her house. She always thought they were quite cheery, albeit a bit straight to the point. The dwarves in front of her now, though, were quite a different breed. She held her tongue at many of the small comments they made, as she was a guest of Teno's and did not wish to embarrass her with any unnecessary rudeness.

As Siegfried was speaking, Rose poured a few more cups and placed them on a nearby platter, trying her best to give the dwarf leader a smile. Picking up the platter she asks,
"Would you guards like to try some?"

"Excuse me, young lady, my hearing isn't what it use to be...but which vendor did you acquire this from?"

With her new found confidence, Rose happily responds to Seigfried, "I got the tea from a young Water Kingdom vendor down the ways from here. She wanted me to relay to the Princess that it was a gift she made herself. She even provided all the extra cups and hot water refill. I believe her name is Amy, if you'd like to check out her massive tea selection later."

BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
Capricornus Capricornus
Theflamre Theflamre

Oswald Pallando

Carefully listening to Isaac as he discussed the Gilded Orb, Oswald nods his head in thanks after the Doctor wished him luck in his quest.

After Isaac finished speaking, Oswald watches as the Doctor's assistant Marie starts tip of her toes and tap on his shoulder in order to get his attention before starting to whisper something into his ear. Growing quite curious as to what she was saying to him, Oswald watches as Isaac's facial expressions change as he silently looked the Mage and his bodyguard, Jurgen. Than, after Marie finished, Isaac brushes her hand off of his shoulder and ends his silence by asking if Oswald and Jurgen would like to join him for drinks.

Pausing, Oswald remains silent for a brief amount of time and simply stares at the Doctor and his Assistant before finally giving his answer.

"That.....sounds like a wonderful idea. "

Capricornus Capricornus

Event

May the Dance Begin

Time Passed: A few hours perhaps.
How to start: finish up your plots and make your way to the dance floor!

The sound of horns play a bright fanfare, and the striking of an unseen clock captures your attention. Why it's that time already...

Attention, everyone!

How wonderful it is to know that it is noontime. That strike of the clock you hear means it's time to gather around the Gilded Gazebo, listen to the band begin and take part in the Dance! In an event like no other, a demonstration of peace among nations, everyone is welcome to dance. Everyone is deeply encouraged to dance, if even for a moment. The music shall last for a while, followed then by the cultural presentations, then a deliciously catered lunch.

There is no set order to the dance, but there are some requirements for the royalty to follow. The Water Domain and the Industrial Empire betrothed must dance with one another at least once, the same is true for the Fire Kingdom and the Dark Realm. Then, as a deeper show of peace, the Fire Kingdom and Industrial Empire shall share a dance, as well as the Dark Realm and the Water Domain.

"I heard the Water Domain and Fire Kingdom won't need to dance together because they are allies. That seems kind of cheap to me."

"And I heard that the Dark Realm and Industrial Empire won't dance together because they hate each other. No amount of marriage and goodwill is going to change that fact."

Yes it is truly a day of peace and joy among nations! The royalty is encouraged to dance with other event goers, and not just other royalty. Every other event goer may choose to dance or spectate at their leisure. Most stalls shall be closed until after lunch. Please enjoy sitting at your kingdom's table, or lounging in the hammocks, pillows and plush chairs assembled for the party goers. There will be light refreshments available.

The royal band might even be willing to take a few requests, as they have studied up on songs from all kingdoms. Please enjoy your time and know that this is the beginning of an era unbefore seen on the Gilded Continent. You are apart of history in a major way.

OOC: 300 POSTS! I'll post something special on my days off in the next few days. I suggest everyone do the same!

0bd625cb1dfb97219ec773d746803e07.jpg
_Devon Bronson_
- Homeland -

Devon nodded thoughtfully, listening to Lucine, as he passed a pet stall selling pygmypuffs. "What an interesting name. I've never seen a Coulter's Lupine flower before, or if I have I didn't know what it was. It sounds like wolf flower, Miss Lucine --- that, plus the orphanage reminds me of the tale of the white wolf."

He picked up a pygmypuff. It was a breathing fluffy ball the size of an apple, so shaggy their eyes couldn't be seen. There were many of them in different colors, purring in a pile inside a glass cage that was being fanned. Above it was a warning sign saying pygmypuffs have very, very long tongues that may stealthily try to eat one's boogers while one was asleep.

"Perhaps you two have heard of the tale?" he said to Koko and Lucine. "He smuggles orphaned children to loving homes. It's one of my favorite fairy tales growing up, though I always wondered why he had to hide and smuggle. He couldn't be scary if children let him carry them." he said contemplatively.

He bought three furry pygmypuffs, and bought some lettuce for them to nibble on so they would stay put and not roll off his arm. As the day wore on, the tailor told their new friend that he was from the Fire Kingdom, land of the artisans and delicious spicy food, though originally his kin, the Purrsians hailed from the Dark Realm ("Land of black clothes." said the tailor drearily) before they left to live a life on the road as gypsies or travelling performers. He too asked Lucine where her first home was before she came to Coulter's Lupine Home for Wayward Children.

As he listened to her, the sudden bright fanfare of horns caught his attention, and he turned to the direction of the four grand oak trees that stood proudly over a giant open patio, where the pitch black gilded orb stood on a tall pedestal inside. How time had flown, it was time for the dance already. "Well, look at the time. Miss Lucine, Koko, would you two be heading back to the stalls?"

Katsuya Katsuya BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite

KAI BAYMOON
Water Princess

nagi-miuna-32.jpg

In the end what woke Kai was the loud sound of a clock striking twelve followed by the bright fanfare of horns and music playing. She sat up quickly to find Rein dangling Hope in front of Benjamin's face. Unsure of what was going on, she was then startled by the sound of something loud hitting on wood. "AAAAHHH," a clap of thunder accompanied her scream and she found herself buried in Benjamin's embrace again. "Ugh Rein what's the big deal! Who's this guys!? What's going on!?" Kai sighed, Rein always had to pull some sort of prank on her. He'd been doing this since they'd met, he always got her when she least expected it. "Guess staying in here all night wasn't our fate lover boy..." Kai sighed, her face still buried in Benjamin's chest.

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Katsuya Katsuya Theflamre Theflamre

coding; allrightsreserved@crucialstar

Last edited:
Rein grinned from Benjamin's reaction before looking back at Kai; his mischievous grin only grew bigger from what he heard, but he's not going to tease her. If he did, it would sound...well...not nice. "He's Chadwick. Prince Benjamin's friend. We decided to wake you both up before the dance started...and well... it started." Gently putting the little hippo back in the pool, the Kelpie stood up and offered a hand to the pair so they can stand up too.

"Come on! Time to get up and dance in front of bunch of people. If you like, I'll dance with someone too." Rein said. That's if anyone does want to dance with him. Hopefully not.

************************************************​

Yoko listened in the conversation, nodding a bit before shaking her head from Devon's question about the tale. "No, I never heard of that story before...but he's so cool! Like a Bobin Hood story but for kids!" She clapped her hands together as her blue eyes glittered joyfully at the thought of a white wolf wearing a green tunic and hat with a red feather. "That's so cool!"

As the day continued, the little kitsune smiled on while talking about her home. "I lived in the mountains that's on the edge of the Dark Realm. By the borders but now I live in the Fire Kingdom as Mr. Devon's assistant." Yoko mentioned of how her little tribe of kitsune always sent kids who are as young as nine years old off to a journey of discovering who they are and come back with nine full tails; that included herself. "I have a long way to go though since I only have three tails...but I think I can do it with Mr.Devon's guidance on making clothes." She said. Yoko also told Lucine that there wasn't such a thing as orphanages in her village since the kits were always sent away with the greatest task of their lives; but it's okay because they were pretty sturdy for children. She listened to Lucine as she talked about her home before the orphanage.

Then her white ears perked up as she heard a large clock ring, looking over at the four great oaks with the stage with wide eyes. She tilted her head as she hears a few whispers from the people in the stalls saying that certain kingdoms wouldn't dance with other for some reason. Yoko pondered if the Dark prince will be okay while dancing with the ever nervous Fire princess...

"...Hm...I kind of want to dance...but I can go back to the stall with you if you need my help. A dance is a dance. I can dance another time." Yoko sniffed quietly as her ears folded back determinedly. Her hands curled up into tiny fists and under her chin, her three fluffy pink dyed tails swayed with each other.

Zer0 Zer0 BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite

_Devon Bronson_
- Homeland -

"Go dance." chuckled Devon, offering his arm to the kitsune. "Here, I'll take your things back to the stall, Koko, just hook them around."

He had to return to prepare for the cultural presentations together with the other merchants. The other tailors and he had planned a fashion show mixed with theatrical dancing and singing that showed off their clothes and life in the Fire Kingdom. He knew that it would be sort of like a working vacation coming here to the Homeland, but Yoko was a kid, and kids should have a happy childhood, enjoying the events of such a rare and spectacular day. Devon wouldn't want her to miss it for the world.

"Enjoy yourself, Koko, and don't eat anything strangers give you even if they are friendly, alright? And don't dance with perverts." he added. "Kick them in the jewels if they touch you."

Katsuya Katsuya

Alice Raveran.jpg
"Once this is all done, would you maybe want a tour of the Water Kingdom?"

Alice stops brushing her hair, surprised at the question. She hadn't expected to be invited to the Water Kingdom until she was required for wedding preparations. Of course she may have insisted at some point, so having Kale invite her was quite convenient. "Of course, I would love to get a tour of your... our kingdom. I will need to make preparations with Syn beforehand, but it should be fine."

Alice pauses for a moment, a bit nervous to bring up a subject neither of them had spoken of yet.
"We've yet to speak of arrangements yet, but since the subject was brought up, I wanted to bring up an important topic. As you know, I agreed to relinquish my team to ensure your sister's safety. However, as Syn and Kaylee are my trusted advisors, and essentially family, I would like to insist that they come with me when I relocate to the Water Kingdom." Alice smiles at Kale, trying to gauge his impression.

Suddenly, the sound of horns can be heard outside the tent. A great many voices and cheering can be heard, along with the sounds of music.

"It seems the dance is starting soon, I suppose we can continue this conversation a little later." Alice stands up, wiping the sweat from her face on a nearby towel. "If you don't mind, I would like to freshen up a bit before heading to the gazebo."

that1aj that1aj

Rein grinned from Benjamin's reaction before looking back at Kai; his mischievous grin only grew bigger from what he heard, but he's not going to tease her. If he did, it would sound...well...not nice. "He's Chadwick. Prince Benjamin's friend. We decided to wake you both up before the dance started...and well... it started." Gently putting the little hippo back in the pool, the Kelpie stood up and offered a hand to the pair so they can stand up too.

"Come on! Time to get up and dance in front of bunch of people. If you like, I'll dance with someone too." Rein said. That's if anyone does want to dance with him. Hopefully not.

************************************************​

Yoko listened in the conversation, nodding a bit before shaking her head from Devon's question about the tale. "No, I never heard of that story before...but he's so cool! Like a Bobin Hood story but for kids!" She clapped her hands together as her blue eyes glittered joyfully at the thought of a white wolf wearing a green tunic and hat with a red feather. "That's so cool!"

As the day continued, the little kitsune smiled on while talking about her home. "I lived in the mountains that's on the edge of the Dark Realm. By the borders but now I live in the Fire Kingdom as Mr. Devon's assistant." Yoko mentioned of how her little tribe of kitsune always sent kids who are as young as nine years old off to a journey of discovering who they are and come back with nine full tails; that included herself. "I have a long way to go though since I only have three tails...but I think I can do it with Mr.Devon's guidance on making clothes." She said. Yoko also told Lucine that there wasn't such a thing as orphanages in her village since the kits were always sent away with the greatest task of their lives, but it's okay because they were pretty sturdy for children. She listened to Lucine as she talked about her home before the orphanage.

Then her white ears perked up as she heard a large clock ring, looking over at the four great oaks with the stage with wide eyes. She tilted her head as she hears a few whispers from the people in the stalls saying that certain kingdoms wouldn't dance with other for some reason. Yoko pondered if the Dark prince will be okay while dancing with the ever nervous Fire princess...

"...Hm...I kind of want to dance...but I can go back to the stall with you if you need my help. A dance is a dance. I can dance another time." Yoko sniffed quietly as her ears folded back determinedly. Her hands curled up into tiny fists and under her chin, her three fluffy pink dyed tails swayed with each other.

Name: Chadwick Marygold
"I'm pretty sure I could have done it again if you hadn't said anything," He said standing up to his full height of 9 feet looking down on the two. He was wearing work overalls, a large white shirt below it that he hand sewn him self to fit over his large frame, A pair of hand made boots for his extremely large size, and a pair of hand made leather gloves. He had become a very self-dependent person in his years alone, he had to make everything he wore since they didn't make them in stores unless he came by the money to custom order them. It did give him a more expensive feel since he spent more time on making his individual shirts than anyone else would just be selling them in a store. It was odd to see but sometimes he would stitch designs into his clothes, They were extremely detailed, his current shirt under his overalls had the shape of his wrench under them, But due the dirt and overalls, he seemed like the average working class laborer just much larger.
He also had his wrench the tool was just as intimidating as his size, funnily enough, due to its size and ease with which he carried it. The tool was 5 feet long and 51 1/2 pounds, meaning length wise it was as tall as the average dwarf, he was glad the princess didn't know the gory past of the tool or she might actually be frightened. Times were tough enough around the city, that he had killed his fair share of men. They were normally the worst off since those who had any other choice picked weaker targets, But to those few desperate men, a single swing of the large tool had been all it took to put them down permanently.
He didn't concern him self with such things at the moment though, instead, he smiled and gave a slight bow to the princess. "You two love birds are expected at the dance," he said not feeling the least bit bad about waking them up.
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount lissamissal lissamissal

Kale Baymoon
Water Prince

"We've yet to speak of arrangements yet, but since the subject was brought up, I wanted to bring up an important topic. As you know, I agreed to relinquish my team to ensure your sister's safety. However, as Syn and Kaylee are my trusted advisors, and essentially family, I would like to insist that they come with me when I relocate to the Water Kingdom."

Smiling slightly, Kale looked at Alice. "I completely understand. That's fine if you want to bring the two with you."

"It seems the dance is starting soon, I suppose we can continue this conversation a little later. If you don't mind, I would like to freshen up a bit before heading to the gazebo."

"That's fine, I'll leave you to do so in peace." Kale said, leaving the Industrial tent. "I'll see you later."

Serenity Arkents
Best Friend to the Water Prince

Serenity was kneeling in front of a tree, distanced from the others, while attaching a few single flowers into her two braids, when she was surprised by the sound of horns and a clock. 'Huh?' To her, it felt weird that it was only noon, yet so much had already happened. 'Noon?.. The dance!' She remembered the schedule that Kai and Kale had talked about.

She got up from the ground, dusting off her dress, before walking towards the Gilded Gazebo, where the dance would take place. She had been looking forward to it the entire morning. She loved seeing others dance, it was something she found incredibly beautiful. Of course she wanted to participate, but the fact that she couldn't dance at all kept her from doing so.

On her way there she hummed a song. The many people that had visited the Homeland had gathered around the Gilded Gazebo. Serenity lifted her head, looking around whilst trying to find other people she knew.

(open for interaction)

Tamara Esgard
Guard

Whilst listening to the guests discussing about the tea, whether it was bad or just the fact that they weren't used to it, Tamara heard the horns play a fanfare. With this, it signaled the beginning of the next event.
"Princess", she began softly, "It seems as if your time has come.", she continued. "W-wait, uh, no. Th-that, uh, that made it sound as if you were about to die. I mean it's time. Uh, time for that dance! That's it, the dance." She sighed deeply. "I'm sorry, I'll await you outside of the tent." She turned around to the other guests. "If you will excuse me."

Exiting the tent, Tamara took a deep breath. 'Finally.' The air inside the tent had been filled with the weirdly sweet and strong smell of the new tea that Rose had brewed, almost making Tamara feel dizzy. She didn't want to take a side during the silly tea dispute, but if she had to, she would most likely agree with the dwarf.

Isaac Seabury & Marie Canigula
Doctor and his assistant

"That... sounds like a wonderful idea."
Isaac and Marie led both, Oswald and Jurgen, to the stand where Marie had previously been to. "So what about you... Jurgen? You don't seem to have a lot to tell, eh?" Marie mentioned, looking at Oswald's companion.

When they arrived at the stand, the owner was about to close. Before they could even wonder why that was, they heard the sound of the horns, the strike of the clock, signaling that it was noon. "Well, seems like the festivities are about to start, and the stand are closing for the time being. Seems like I'll have to invite you for a drink some other time.", he chuckled.

"It seems as if it will start wit-" "With the dance!" "Around the Gilded Gazebo." Isaac cleared his throat. "Well I don't really have much interest in it, yet that way we can get a better look at it." He scratched his chin lightly before shrugging. "Anyway-" "What? No interest? You know very well what you promised me, and probably the reason why I accompanied you here!", Marie exclaimed, devastated. "Hmpf. Don't be so childish. Weren't you the one who promised to not get drunk?" And thus began their daily dispute. To any outsider, this might have looked and sounded like a typical quarrel between a normal couple. And as always, it ended in with Isaac giving in and Marie getting her way. She grabbed him by the wrist to drag him along.

"So what about you, Oswald? Isn't this your chance to get closer to the orb than ever?", she asked, looking back at him. "Well I guess you could dance with Jurgen, eh?", she laughed.

BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite
NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy
Theflamre Theflamre
Barbas Barbas

IMG_5244.jpg Penelope Draven: Dark Princess

Penelope looked down at her small hands holding the Rose as she gently brushed the stem with her finger tips too lost in her thoughts to notice that she was close to poking herself with a stray thorn on the Rose and as she let out a heavy sigh she glided her thumb across the stray thorn as she hisses in pain looking at her thumb as a few drops of blood seeped out of the small scrape as Penelope immediately put her thumb in her mouth and licked off the blood as she felt the metallic liquid run down the back of her throat. Penelope placed the Rose on the table as she asked one of the guards to look after it for her as she got up from the chair walking over to an elderly man who was working at a herbal medicine stall. "Excuse me, I was wandering if you have a small bandage?" Penelope asked as the elderly man sat the princess down and patched her up appropriately as Penelope watched his fingers skilfully tie the small bandage.

As the elderly man was tying the small white bandage a fan fare went off and in all honesty the sudden sound of loud trumpets made Penelope flinch slightly but she soon calmed herself and knew that it was time for the royal children to dance with their partners. In the months coming up to the Homeland event Penelope had been given a few dance lessons as the Dark Realm never really held dances or parties which gave them an opportunity to dance and so Penelope had to learn from scratch as well as her brother. "Thank you." Penelope says to the elderly man as she nods her head respectfully before heading over to the dance floor standing on the edge of it simply watching the orchestra waiting to begin their piece. Penelope watched Flynn as he seemed slightly different in a way he seemed more serious but maybe that was just the nerves of the performance.

Penelope folded her arms across herself her body language suggesting that she was in no mood for dancing but what needs to be done must be done and Penelope had already spotted the chunk of metal with arms and legs who called himself a prince.

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Haeo Haeo BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite

Morrigan 1.jpg
After seeing the Fire Kingdom girl off, business around the vendor booths became much busier. People from every kingdom were arriving to witness the meeting of the royal children. She heard many of them talking about hope and peace, while others whispered their doubts, hoping to catch the drama as it happened.

Morrigan, on the other hand, was much more content to create a little drama, not putting too much stock in the antiquated practice of arranged marriages. Many of her more popular drinks and snacks were spiked with various herbs and drugs, causing such effects as digestive issues, loose lips, and aphrodisiac inspired awkwardness. She was pleased at how quickly the tainted items sold out, looking forward to hilarious situations throughout the day.

After some time, she noticed the Purrsian tailor from the Fire Kingdom walking around with a very mixed crew of people. She had recognized most of them, as many of her other faces had interacted with them at one point or another. The hooded girl was new, but the large one she remembered from a few taverns, and the Kitsune girl she remembered from the Purrsian's shop. She silently wished the tailor would stop at her booth, as she genuinely admired his skill, which was definitely something she rarely thought of anyone. Her interactions with him had been pleasant, although she was sure he would not recognize her as the girl's soul she was currently using was from the Water Kingdom.

As his group was nearing her booth, sirens began to blare, marking the time as noon and announcing the start of the royal dance event. She sighed, a bit annoyed, when the Purrsian turned back to his booth at the sound of the announcement. No matter, she thought. The day had just begun, and there would be plenty of time for mischief and interactions.

The shop girl hung a dainty "Out for a minute, Sea you later!" sign from a post on her booth, as many of the other vendors also closed shop. Morrigan looked around her booth, grabbing supplies from her shelves and boxes hidden beneath the wooden shelving, placing everything in a beautifully decorated aqua bag that matched her dress. The shop girl had so many cute items and accessories, it definitely played a large part in Morrigan selecting her as her target for the meeting in Homeland. As more people made their way to the dance floor, Morrigan decided to sit down for one last drink, to allow the crowd to settle down before finding a place to watch the events fold out.

He spied with his little eye, happy children it almost brought a tear to his eye how they smiled and played, honestly if this event had been just that, a happy get to together to increase the spirits of the children he would have been happy. But politics hung in the air like a bad smell, honestly, he hadn't even been able to enjoy his work much as he had been working with the children in an attempt to keep the monsters like nobles away from them. He wasn't one to kill and tell but nobles developed the strangest tastes, the kind that had earned them a few daggers in the back from a certain jester. He was even more concerned when he heard the sound of the horns go off, the dance he had almost forgotten about it. He was almost done anyways the last child walked off smiling with their parents, no left overs for those who would take advantage of the situation.
He took off into the sky, his bells ringing furiously as he flew up tell he gained enough height to use his magic to simply glide over to the large ball, which funnily enough was around a large ball. He dropped down behind some tents not really trying for stealth but more to surprise two boys who had been. "BOO" he shouted his wings spread wide making the children jump in fright, he showed them to their parents and waved the happy family off before taking to his actual work.
He slipped around the backs of tents and tell he had a clear line of sight inwards to the most populated part of the dance, or at least where the most people would be by his estimate. He knew there would be a royal dance where the happy, or in some cases unhappy couples would be shown off and that meant they would be pushed to the center of a crowd then the crowd would be forced to circle them and watch them dance. He wanted to keep a good eye on that part, somewhat for joke purposes such as talking about how bad they are at dancing to people later, but also for protection purposes. He decided a couple people that he could allow to die, The dark kingdom royalty, The Industrial princess, and The fire prince but that was mostly because if he couldn't defend him self what good would a jester do. Now all there was was to wait, and wait he would patiently in his hiding place, His black orbs absorbing every little movement on the dance floor.

Lucine Briarheart
"To Be Revealed"

Lucine was gently patting the pygmypuff when Devon Bronson mentioned the Great White Wolf. She turned to him in awe, excited that someone else had heard the tale. "Perhaps you two have heard of the tale? He smuggles orphaned children to loving homes. It's one of my favorite fairy tales growing up, though I always wondered why he had to hide and smuggle. He couldn't be scary if children let him carry them." Lucine smiled fondly as he told the tale.
"No, I never heard of that story before...but he's so cool! Like a Bobin Hood story but for kids!" Said Koko.
"Oh, Mr. Bronson, you are clever. That certainly plays a great role in the name of my orphanage. All orphaned and wayward children seem to know of the Great White Wolf. I'm glad to know that there are others who know the tale. It's my favorite as well," said Lucine.
"I lived in the mountains that's on the edge of the Dark Realm. By the borders but now I live in the Fire Kingdom as Mr. Devon's assistant. I have a long way to go though since I only have three tails...but I think I can do it with Mr.Devon's guidance on making clothes."
"Oh I believe that Koko. You've got some passion in you," said Lucine with a wink. She was elusive with her answer saying something vague like 'oh, I moved around a lot' or 'my home is pretty much the whole continent.' Her past was something she refused to share with anyone, let alone some people she had just met. Even if they were very kindly to her. Before she knew it, the sound of the horns and clock told them all it was time for the dance. Devon asked if they would be going to the dance, or back to the stalls.
"Enjoy yourself, Koko, and don't eat anything strangers give you even if they are friendly, alright? And don't dance with perverts." he added. "Kick them in the jewels if they touch you." He said to Koko. It was obvious he cared deeply for his apprentice.
"Koko, I'll be watching the dance. I can join you for a short while. I have a few old friends to catch up with, but I'd be happy to be with you for a while longer," said Lucine with a smile. "I needn't be at my table until the theatrics are over."

Teno Wycleff
Fire Princess

Teno listened to the conversation about the tea without joining in. She really couldn't taste anything wrong with it. She really couldn't taste it. But Rose mentioned a few times that the tea was a handmade gift from the Water Domain vendor. Teno made a mental note to ask Rose about her so that they could both go thank her for her kindness. She wasn't too worried what her more rough company had to say about the tea. What mattered was the kindness from a stranger.
It was without warning that the clock struck noon and a bright fanfare echoed through Homeland. "Princess", said Tamara softly, "It seems as if your time has come." Teno swallowed the last bit of her tea hard. Small bright blue flames crept up from her fingernails. "W-wait, uh, no. Th-that, uh, that made it sound as if you were about to die. I mean it's time. Uh, time for that dance! That's it, the dance." Just like that the flames vanished. She couldn't help but chuckle as Tamara awkwardly excused herself and promised to meet her outside.
Teno rose from her seat, again adjusting her layers of clothing. She turned to her small ensemble and picked up her two boxes. "Thank you, gentlemen. It seems to be time to dance. Shall we find my brother?" She then turned to Rook, holding his gift aloft. "Thank you, Rook. I will examine this more closely when I have time to myself."
She then turned to Rose and extended her hand. If she was going to face her fate, she was going to do it with her best friend. "Come along now, Rose," she said as she looked at her lovingly and if Rose gave her her hand, the the small menagerie exited Devon Bronson's tent, the midday sun shining down on the affair. There was excitement in the air and the sounds of the band tuning.

Flynn Wulfgar
"To Be Revealed"

Flynn settled down behind his conductor's podium. His band was the most elite players from all kingdoms, but it was heavily dominated by Fire Kingdom players, since they focused most on the arts and produced more musicians than other kingdoms. He watched as the nobility, and better yet, the regular people, began to gather around. He was excited, and nervous, to show off what they had been working so hard on. This dance meant so much to the people of the Gilded Continent and he wasn't about to let them down.
He saw Penelope and gave her a wink from a distance. She needed confidence. This dance was going to be hard on her and many of the other royals as well. So he instead decided to focus his energy not into making them happy, that would be impossible, but instead to the people who were there. They were escaping their post war lives for a shot at peace and joy. He was going to deliver.

Theflamre Theflamre
Zer0 Zer0
Katsuya Katsuya
NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy
Capricornus Capricornus
Haeo Haeo

Last edited:
b4b39df96422cf760c4dd9be970b1d7e.jpg
Vincent Berny
Vincent leaned back on his chair and relaxed. Everything is now starting to settle down a little, at least for now, and he would appreciate it. It was both really exciting and hard on him talking to all of the people throughout the day. He could admit that it was a little fun seeing some people from the other kingdoms genuinely interested and curious, although speaking for quite long periods of time wasn't really a situation he experienced often.

Without much warning horns blared and the sound of fanfare played all throughout the area. The sound of a striking clock was clearly heard, it was now already noon. Vincent looked around and noticed a lot of people whispering to each other as most of the guests congregated towards the middle area. "What was happening again?"

Vincent quickly decided to clean up a little bit and follow before the area gets too crowded. He grabbed the few items and trinkets that was left, stashed them in the bags below his stall and proceeded to the growing crowd of people. As he approached, he raised his head a little bit, trying to get a clear look beyond the nonstop flow of people. He felt excitement grow within the crowd, and in turn within him. "Excuse me," he tried to catch the attention of a girl adorned with flowers on her hair, "I have to make sure, what's happening again?" he asked, repeating his thought earlier.

Capricornus Capricornus

_Devon Bronson_
- Curious Tea -

"Till later then, Miss Lucine." said Devon, feeling more at ease that she would be joining Koko later.

With that the tailor saw his assistant off and bid their new friend adieu. He went running to his stall, bags bouncing and souvenirs jingling, and wasn't surprised to see that no one was in his tent anymore. The tent smelled strongly of some pleasing herbal aroma, and there were chairs, half-filled tea cups, mugs, and a tea pot. He felt a twinge of annoyance that Princess Teno's servants didn't at least tidy up. He really should clean all this later and meet with the other merchants now, but . . . it looked so untidy.

Putting away his and Koko's things, he let the pygmypuffs wander around the floor, rolling, as he pushed the chairs around the table. As he gathered the mugs, sliding all the dregs into one cup, he paused to smell the sweet strong scent of the tea in the pot. "Curious." he muttered. "Never smelled this one before . . ."

He opened the lid of the pot to glance down at the leafy mixture, took a whiff of it one more time, before taking an appraising sip, then a gulp.

NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy Katsuya Katsuya BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite

Yoko's ears perked up as she payed attention to Devon's warnings about strangers and grinned widely. She raised a hand up to the sky and said: "I will!" The kitsune giggled then when she heard what Lucine said, the little girl hopped around her new friend in the making. "Yay! You're so nice, Lucine!" Her blue eyes glittered in mirth.

"Your friends are here too? Ohh~ I only have one friend here that's not Mr. Devon or Saboton and ... I think he's nervous about his special someone." The kitsune girl said, a bit lackluster from her usual cheerful demeanor. However it didn't take long for her to bounce back. "So I want to check on him after! The only way to do that is by dancing! Heheh!" Her friend is probably not going to expect her dancing too.

"Well anyways," She started as she offered an arm, her ears folding back politely. "Shall we go to the dance floor, my fair red lady?" Yoko asked before giggling at her attempt to sound like a gentleman. If she did take up her arm, Yoko would skip her way to the dance floor, already her eyes searching for a certain dark figure.

Serenity Arkents

Serenity looked around one more time, but between the many faces of the crowd she didn't see a single familiar one yet. "Excuse me," She was surprised by a voice behind her. "I have to make sure, what's happening again?" She turned around to see who was talking to her. The voice of said person was just as unfamiliar to her as their face. She couldn't remember having ever seen this dark blonde guy, thus why she was so surprised. Serenity pointed at herself, a confused look on her face. 'Are they talking to me?' She turned her head right, then to her left, before looking back at the person. "Oh. Uhm, y-you mean what's happening here?" She paused for a second before continuing, "The dance is about to start where the royals are going to dance with their betrothed. But not only are they going to dance, every person that is currently present can join in on the fun." She replied with a smile. "Said dance will take place around the Gilded Gazebo, which might explain the crowd. " Her gaze wandered back to the Gilded Gazebo.

Serenity turned around a few more times, still without seeing anyone she knew. "Oh! How rude of me, I haven't introduced myself yet.", she gasped before bowing lightly. "My name is Serenity Arkents, from the Water Domain. I don't remember ever seeing your face there, so you must originate from a different Kingdom, if I'm not mistaken?", she asked curiously as she tilted her head lightly to the side. "If I'm wrong, then I am deeply sorry for my ignorance."

Renny Renny

Oswald Pallando

Noticing that Marie trying to ask Jurgen something, who was just silently staring down at her, Oswald speaks for his bodyguard.

" I'm afraid Jurgen has nothing to say. Before he came into my services, he suffered a rather severe injury that to his throat that made him a mute."

Following the Doctor and his drunk Assistant, they arrive at one of the drink booths, which was
unfortunately closed. Than, all of them hear the horns, signaling that it was noon. Isaac and Marie begin to bicker again,except this time it was about the dance. Starting to slightly irritate, the Sorcerer watches as Marie starts to drag Isaac towards the where the Dance was taking place, but momentarily stops to jokingly ask Oswald and Jurgen if they they to join them.

After hearing Marie's suggestion that he dance with Jurgen, Oswald couldn't help but chuckle before replying.

" Eh, I think I'll pass. I've never really cared for dancing. So, I think I will
just watch from here."

Capricornus Capricornus

b4b39df96422cf760c4dd9be970b1d7e.jpg
Vincent Berny
Vincent watched the girl look around for a moment pointing at herself. Trying to clear the confusion, he put on a smile. "Yes." he said, nodding to confirm. "Oh. Uhm, y-you mean what's happening here? The dance is about to start where the royals are going to dance with their betrothed. But not only are they going to dance, every person that is currently present can join in on the fun" she said. Continuing, she explained that the dance was to be held around the "Gilded Gazebo". "I see. Thank you." he said. Vincent followed her gaze towards the gazebo.

At the center, around roughly the middle of where the crowd was gathering is the Gilded Orb, sitting on a pedestal. The orchestra that was setting up earlier in the day now appeared to be ready, as a handsome red-headed man, the conductor, stepped up onto a podium and started getting ready himself. "Oh! How rude of me, I haven't introduced myself yet." Vincent was just about to excuse himself when she hastily introduced herself. Serenity Arkents of the Water Domain. "I don't remember ever seeing your face there, so you must originate from a different Kingdom, if I'm not mistaken? If I'm wrong, then I am deeply sorry for my ignorance." Vincent chuckled and waved his hand. "There is no need to be so polite. You're correct though, I'm Vincent Berny, from the Fire Kingdom." he said.

"I'll probably just watch," Vincent shrugged, "I can't wait to see the other royals, I've no idea who they are yet." he said.

Capricornus Capricornus

1429997789744.jpg
Rook Fireforge
The Dwarf nodded knowing he probably wouldn't enjoy the dance him self, he decided it was probably wise to wander off a little bit to get drunk or at least drink enough to calm him self. If a dwarfs health declined the older, instead of improving he probably would have gotten a heart attack because, of how poorly this all seemed to be planned. No amount of guards would have made him comfortable with the princess being this close to their old foe, not to mention they were all weak human guards. He pulled him self from his seat, his heavy body letting off an audible thump as he dropped from the chair. He walked out of the tent motioning for his guards to stick with the princess's guard in tunnel speak.
Tunnel speak was developed a few generations ago to allow a quiet discussion to be had in the tunnels, the echo down there would give away your words at almost a mile away depending on the tunnel. He walked off a bit toward some hills that he had seen on his approach from the fire kingdom, he preferred the safety he felt on the higher ground. Truthfully enough the dwarf Thane wasn't sure why he had come here. His original thought had been to defend the princess, but now that he thought about it why did he care? He would out live her by decades, as he had outlived her ancestors, and if he was lucky as he would her children. What did it matter to the old Thane if she lived?
He supposed it was honor, he had sworn an oath under her great grand father to protect and serve his family but did that truly care they were desperate and he was young. Even in the dwarven codes of honor that was an oath he didn't have to keep. He supposed he showed up to simply attend, he didn't have much bearing on what happened next only a select few would dictate what happened next. All he had control of was his loyalties and they laid with the dwarves and the dwarves alone. If he needed to lay waste to the Fire Nation to keep the dwarves alive he would without question or regret.
Shame about the girl though, the thought bubbled to the surface of his mind again, she was too... innocent to be involved in all of this. If she was lucky the dark prince didn't know anything about relationships and was as much of a fool as he was when he first had been married. He had bumbled over his words and his wife and simply laughed at it as if it were a purposeful joke. Not many people outside of the dwarves remember her anymore she had died after giving him, two sons. They had died in a failed adventuring attempt, now all he had was two grandchildren too young to speak or understand that all they had was him. He sighed knowing what horrors might come for them before this was all over. He would meet all the threats that came, filled with pride and wisdom he had acquired over a long life of battle.

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount BookishSnowWhite BookishSnowWhite NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy Capricornus Capricornus

Benjamin Raveran
Industrial Son

*Thump*

"Wah!" Benjamin exclaimed as his body jolted a bit from the smashing sound, as his eyes flung open as his eyes darted from side to side. His tenseness did not subside when he noticed what was in front of him: Appeared to be the top of Kai's head, currently in applying a bit of pressure to his chest. His own hands had been around hers, causing the redness to once again invade his face.

He'd been fast asleep, hadn't really heard anything as he slept through most of the sound. It was only when he heard a massive thump did he react.

"K-Kai?" He stuttered, yet to be aware of his surroundings as he blinked a couple of times. "W-what's g-goin' on-n?"
lissamissal lissamissal
Katsuya Katsuya
Theflamre Theflamre

Serenity Arkents

The person in front of Serenity nodded, most likely having seen her confusion on her face and thanked her for the information. "There is no need to be so polite. You're correct, though. I'm Vincent Berny, from the Fire Kingdom." he told her. "Oh! I'm sorry. I've actually been told that a lot. I guess it is just something like a habit. Anyways, it is a pleasure to meet you!", she replied to Vincent who had just finished to introduce himself.
"Oh the Fire Kingdom! I've actually just been there not too long ago. It was a really nice experience.", Serenity added, remembering her small journey to said Kingdom.

"I'll probably just watch," Vincent mentioned with a shrug "I can't wait to see the other royals, I've no idea who they are yet." he said. "True! I've seen some of them already, but not all. I have only seen the royals from the Water Domain and the Industrial Empire so far." She looked once more at the gazebo. "Well, in all honesty, seeing others dance really makes me want to join in on the fun, but certain people, like me for example, just aren't made for this. We don't want anyone to get hurt, do we?" Serenity laughed lightheartedly. "I think I will join you in 'just watching.'", she smiled.

"If I might ask", she paused for a moment before continuing, "Why are you here today? Hah, this might sound weird, but I actually just meant if you came for the festivities, or perhaps you have your own booth here, or the like?", Serenity asked curiously.

Isaac Seabury & Marie Canigula
Doctor and his assistant

"I'm afraid Jurgen has nothing to say. Before he came into my services, he suffered a rather severe injury to his throat that made him a mute." Oswald turned to Marie to explain to her, why Jurgen didn't answer. She raised her eyebrows and her eyes widened. "Oh." Her tone switched promptly to a more serious one. "I'm... deeply sorry, I didn't notice."

As Oswald refused her invitation to join her and Isaac to dance, she returned to her jolly old self? "Huuuh? You are giving up the perfect opportunity to get closer to the orb than ever, just because you don't want to hit the dancefloor?", she pouted. "Tsk tsk tsk. I thought you were actually interested in it." As Marie finished her sentence, Isaac got an idea. "Well, you see Marie, as much as I would like to accompany you to this dance", he said with an obvious sarcastic undertone, "Mister Oswald would be thrilled if I could tell him more about what I already know about the Orb and some of my works, wouldn't you?", he turned around to Oswald raising a single eyebrow.

"Are you also going to ditch me?", she gasped jokingly. "Well well. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and it seems like I am going to fish myself a dance partner. For now that is.", Marie added the last part while glaring at Isaac. "Well then, if anyone's looking for me, I'll be in midst of the crowd. Ta-ta!", she said before disappearing among the other people.

(Marie is now open for interaction!)

Renny Renny
Barbas Barbas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back