• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Compromise Brings Delusion (Arranged Marriage) (Accepting) (Interest Page)

BookishSnowWhite

Tired Princess
Compromise Brings Delusion

Warring KingdomsXArranged Marriage

I'd just like to first of all say, this is my first time hosting an rp on here, and so I'm used to other sites. Hopefully it should just translate, but if anything is wonky, just let me know. I like to have all my information all in one place and not in a bunch of different places. Hopefully that's not a problem. Anyway, this is my favorite roleplay and I kind of break it out every few years, dust it off, and try again with it. It's open to anyone, and everyone is accepted pretty much instantly. I've HEAVILY revamped it. If you are interested, or have any questions please PM me or post here. You can absolutely send me your characters from this post as well, if you should be interested. If enough interest is shown here, I will make the official IC page.

Genre:
Arranged Marriage, War, Romance, Fantasy

Marriages:
Water X Industrial ... Fire X Dark

Inspirations:
A roleplay I've done many times. I have heavily revamped this.

Theme Songs:
(tbd)

Lore .. Plot .. Rules .. Characters

templates by astraeaspookie spookvolupe

Character Sheet Page:
† Compromise Brings Delusion † CS Page
OOC Page:
† Compromise Brings Delusion † OOC Page
Roleplay Page:
Compromise Brings Delusion (Arranged Marriage) (Open/Always Accepting)

Last edited:
Gilded Continent
「There are four kingdoms」

On the Gilded Continent, there are four Kingdoms.

Fire Kingdom

The people of the Fire Kingdom are hard working. They believe in hard work. There are many farmers, but equally so there are artisans. Everyone is pushed to achieve their dreams and share the rewards with everyone. The kingdom is close-knit, laughter and music pouring out of every corner of land, especially the pubs. They live at the base of a dormant volcano and a crescent ridge of mountains on the eastern end of Gilded. Sprawling fields and orchards surround the outside of the land. It is the largest of the kingdoms. The closer into the kingdom you travel, you will find small villages the dot the land, and finally the capital city with towering, rustic buildings and the well loved castle. Some people within the kingdom have varying ability with fire. Some have impossible tolerance to fire/heat, while some have ability to manipulate and control flame. Only descendants of the royal family have pure enough blood to create fire from within. Though there are those who speculate that some commoners and orphaned children may be rejected royals with the hidden ability to create flame. The jewels of the Fire Kingdom are the Flame Prince and Princess.

THE STORY

For centuries, peace reigned throughout the continent of Gilded. Kingdoms and Domains came and went, Empires and Realms rose and fell. All was observed and protected by the Gilded Orb and magic provided for its people. People were happy. Now, this history could not be further from the truth.

The rise of the Industrial Empire has shaken the continent to its core. Once upon a time the Empire was a thriving hub of magic, and home to magical creatures. Then rebellion arose and magic was viewed as false. It was just a childhood fairy tale and magic creatures were just beings with impure genetics. All creatures were cast out from the Empire and banned entry ever again. They began searching for the source of power of the magic, dismissing magic as anything more than untapped power.

The magical creatures and rouge magic users were forced to find new homes. The Fire Kingdom and Water Domain opened their doors, but only slightly. The Fire Kingdom took in hard workers with strong backs and good songs. Some giants, centaurs, nymphs, fae, and the such were welcomes. The Water Domain accepted only those who would thrive in the water. Mermaids, sirens, water beings, some dragons. They allowed a select few others to become their mariners. The rest were not welcomed.

So the vampires, werewolves, demons and other ugly and vicious creatures and dark wizards were cast away. They traveled as far from the southern Industrial Empire as they could. They went to the cold north and settled their own land. Many titles were given to it, but the other kingdoms deemed it the Dark Realm. They developed a makeshift sort of community that is shaky at best.

Time has passed, and the continent has grown fearful of the Dark Realm, the Beast Kingdom. The Industrial Empire has grown stronger. The Water Domain and the Fire Kingdom became allies, which did little other than infuriate the other two kingdoms. The states teetered on the edge of an all consuming war and the Gilded Orb grew weaker and weaker. Until a string of unforeseeable events changed the future.

The children of the Dark Kingdom were generations after the original settlers of their kingdom. They couldn’t fathom the hatred against them and dared venture to the lands below in the hopes of changing the minds of the Fire Kingdom and Water Domain. They slipped away in the night and soon reached the Fire Kingdom.

What they couldn’t anticipated was that the Fire Kingdom was the most fearful of them. When the Dark Children stumbled upon the Flame Royalty and attempted to make contact, they sealed their own fates. War was declared on the spot and all royal children were removed from one another before they could speak even one word to each other.

At the same time, just by chance, War was also declared upon the Industrial Empire by the Water Domain. The Water people were always a highly spiritual people who worshiped the magic around them and the Gilded Orb. The Royal Water Children had made a pilgrimage to the Gilded Orb and when they reached the Homeland they found the Industrial Royal Children who were forbidden.

The Gilded Orb had turned from multicolor to pitch black. They say all was heard was a shriek from the Water Children before war was declared. No questions were asked, and no one even knows what the Industrial Children were doing at the Four Oaks. It almost didn’t matter.

The wars were passionate, but short lived. Citizens from all Kingdoms finally concluded upon some fact. This was not the Gilded Continent. These senseless acts were not what had gotten them this far, and it is not what their ancestors would have wanted. This was not the way. It was decided that the catalysts to the wars would also be the ones to put these disputes to bed forever.

Because the Water and Fire Kingdoms were already aligned it was decided that the Fire Kingdom son and daughter would be married to the Dark son and daughter. The Water son and daughter would be married to the Industrial son and daughter. The princesses would be forced to leave their kingdoms and move to a new land, and the princes would become the future rulers, regardless of birth rights.

The wedding preparations are being made in the Homeland for a grand wedding, and a meeting of Kingdoms will finally be made in the name of peace. But as they say, even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...

Last edited:
Iz want in! Is this where I express my intreasting?

Absolutely! Glad to have you on board. If you want to reserve a character, or send me a full character sheet, please do so through PM. After more people join in I'll be adding the character sheet page and the In Character roleplay page.

I love the set up and your enthusiasm.

I'll send a character to you straightaway, but is there any specific criteria you need us to include? I have my bases covered; appearance, specialties, personality, and history. Do you need specific stats or strengths/weaknesses?

I'll send a character to you straightaway, but is there any specific criteria you need us to include? I have my bases covered; appearance, specialties, personality, and history. Do you need specific stats or strengths/weaknesses?

Amazing thank you! You can include whatever you want and whatever feels pertinent to your character. I'm not very picky haha. I like to discover characters along the way.

Bumping for ya ^3^

Fuck it! Count me in!

Absolutely without a doubt interested. Ill have a basic CS pm'd soon.

Sounds awesome!! Super interesting to be a part of this!

Really like this so far, I'm in!

To those of you who do and don't have characters, the OOC and CS pages are up! Keep in mind that the CS page is for accepted characters only, and you can have your character accepted after you send it to me. (I pretty much accept them on the spot haha.) Can't wait to see what those of you who haven't sent in characters come up with, and can't wait to rp with you all!

† Compromise Brings Delusion † OOC Page

Turns out Nation doesn't translate well to mobile and cuts a lot of things off in the forums. I'm gonna bookmark this thread and give it a read when I get home. Probably interested, just can't read all the information yet.

Turns out Nation doesn't translate well to mobile and cuts a lot of things off in the forums. I'm gonna bookmark this thread and give it a read when I get home. Probably interested, just can't read all the information yet.

I realized that it cut off a lot on mobile, but the story part didn't so I figured it might still be passable. I'm still new to this site and not so great at coding hahaha. Hopefully you like what you see and come back for more. We have a great group so far!

To anyone who still wants to join, we are officially open! While all of the main characters are full up, there is unending room for anyone who wants to contribute to this story. YOU decide your importance to the story. We have a great group with us and it's been nothing but fun just organizing it. Don't worry, just join. Trust me there is room for you and you can be whoever/whatever/however important you want to be. If you're unsure, just PM me or post here and we can hash out the details. I'll still be active on this page.

Compromise Brings Delusion (Arranged Marriage) (Open/Always Accepting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back