• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern compound

acuite

elena alvarez can i get an amen
IT HAS ALREADY BEEN CREATED. LINK HERE.

vWTHP36.png
Listen, the end of the world was bound to happen, but the human race was always too stupid to just grin and bear it. And while they’ve basically brought a nuclear apocalypse upon themselves, there’s a spark of stubborn, innate resistance that drives them to fight for survival, despite the grim outlook.

The Compound was initially an underground resistance organization manned by some of the nation’s top scientists before it was bought out and taken over by the wonderful, not-at-all-corrupt US government. It was a state of the art facility on paper — a huge underground bunker with all the necessary facilities for a small population to sustain themselves — but the government’s rushed building plan has left it lacking in a few areas. But it’s survivable. In fact, it’s probably the only place in the US that stands a fighting chance against the nuclear heat wave that’s already wiped out most of the Southern Hemisphere. That’s why entrance into the compound is so coveted.

If you find you’ve landed a spot in the compound, it’s through one of two ways. Either a spot has been bought for you — or bribed, in the government’s case — by a rich family member, or you’ve actually got something that would be desirable to the rest of the compound’s population. Recruits take on a variety of jobs, which they have auditioned for beforehand. They’re not necessarily geniuses or the most talented in their field — but they’re the most adept for survival and possess a clean bill of health. At least, according to what they disclosed during the audition process.

The thing is, stocking a compound with full-grown adults would prove to be fruitless. The longer human lungs have been accustomed to breathing regular air, the harder it is to survive in the tampered, radiation-ridden ozone that was sure to follow the nuclear heat wave. That’s why the compound’s auditing process focused on only those 21 and under — for they had the best chance of developing immunity to radiation if the aboveground world will ever be truly inhabitable again. It’s been three years since the recruits were sent down to the compound, so at this point, it’s up in the air. No pun intended.

Vz3tnpY.png
~ ✳︎♢ PROTECTION CREW
outdoor venture team (OVT) – as some of the only people allowed to leave, the OVT is one of the most coveted positions in the compound. these brave recruits are sent into the outside world to patrol the area around the compound and check for signs of life. they are the ones who will alert the compound when it is safe to return to life above ground, but until that day they simply patrol, risking their safety to be above ground. the OVT is a thrill seeker’s ideal job. must be over sixteen. two spots left

scavenger – next to the OVT, the scavengers are the second most coveted job by thrill seekers. they are the only other people who can leave the compound, but they are only allowed to go out once a week. they will scavenge for any plants that can be found – though there aren’t many– and will bring them back to the engineers so they can figure out a way to plant them in the gardens. though they don’t always find things, they enjoy the freedom of being above ground. must be over sixteen. two spots left

weapon keeper – the weapon keepers are the recruits who are in charge of arming and equipping the OVT and the scavengers. they have access to the proper equipment required to be above ground, including oxygen and the suits that are worn by the OVT and scavengers. they also have access to guns, knives, and any other weapons. must be over sixteen. two spots left

~ ✳︎♢ SAFETY CREW
engineer – the engineers are the ones in charge of creating new things within the compound. they are in charge of creating and innovating the OVT’s gear for going above ground and the artificial gardens, as well as educating the technicians on how everything works. two spots left

technician – the technicians are second in command to the engineers. they don’t create new equipment, they simply maintain the creations that have already been made. they will fix any damaged pieces of equipment and run diagnostics on things when they stop working. two spots left

air safety monitor – the air safety monitor is the most important job in the compound. they are in charge of monitoring the oxygen levels in the compound and alerting the engineers if there is a problem. they also monitor the air quality above ground to see if it is improving or not. must be over sixteen. two spots left

~ ✳︎♢ HEALTHCARE CREW
doctor/nurse – the doctors and nurses are in charge of keeping the recruits healthy. the only difference between the doctors and nurses is that the doctors can perform surgeries when necessary, and the nurses cannot. both can administer shots and other medications. must be over eighteen.
two spots left

counselor – the counselor is the person who helps with any non-physical ailments. they are the therapist of the compound and will listen to most any problems recruits have, though they cannot give medications. must be over eighteen. two spots left

~ ✳︎♢ POLITICAL CREW
chancellor: basically the president. calls all the big shots and makes all the hard decisions. NPC CHARACTER

credit to the compound on tumblr

Last edited:
OH me mee memeemememememeeee!
I am so indecisive on what spot I want D:
I think I will go with Scavenger :D

Counselor or Air Safety Monitor :closed eyes open smile:

I'd love to go for the doctor/nurse!

Could I possibly be a part of the OVT please?
Hey, everyone! Thanks for the interest. However, it is not first come first serve so when the CS sheet is made whoever has the best CS gets the spot :D

baaaaaabe this sounds so good. what's the character limit?? cause i was gonna lowkey plan three characters for this.

baaaaaabe this sounds so good. what's the character limit?? cause i was gonna lowkey plan three characters for this.
there really is no limit lmao but three is good. you also can't have siblings because more than one child is forbidden in the compound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back