• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Comic Book Cravings (Wolverine/Batman/Joker/X-Men/etc)

BakedBeans 1up

Voice of the Voiceless
Hello!

I think I've got enough free time in my strange, busy life to take on another one or two roleplays (famous last words).  I've been writing for 12+ years, and have done all sorts of genres.  My first few stories were X-Men, before moving on to different genres.  Though comics have always been my "go to" if I'm in the mood for writing but don't have concrete ideas.  In fact, check out my Fanfiction profile, which will give you an idea of how I write.

Also, very rarely will I play Canon x OC (or rather, Canon x Mary Sue).  Not really fair that I have to play a canon while my partner doesn't, eh?

Here is a list of shows that I have watched in the last year-or-so.

► 12 Monkeys

► Batman: The Animated Series (1990s)

► Aquarius

► Better Call Saul

► Fargo

► Gotham

► Pokémon (reliving my childhood through Netflix...)

► The Americans

► The Flash

► The Walking Dead

► X-Files

► X-Men (1990s)

NOW! On to the plots.

hugh_jackman_wolverine_by_casanova218.png

WOLVERINE

Pairings: Rogue, Jean Grey, Shadowcat, Mystique and Black Widow

My main craving is a future where the X-Men have been destroyed. Wolverine is one of the few original X-Men still alive, though the constant fighting has taken it's toll on him. His healing factor is slower, his senses aren't as sharp as they used to be -- but as long as he has her, then he will fight to protect her to his final breath.

Or how about a story set in the past.  If it's in the history books (or even if it's not) then Wolverine was no doubt there...

Gambit.jpg

GAMBIT

Pairings: Rogue, Mystique, Belladonna and OCs (again, no super-powered goddesses!).

The Rajin' Cajun has gotten in to trouble. He's pissed a lot of people off. There's a surprise. Suddenly, he's on the run from about a dozen different criminals, gangsters, mutants and villains. Maybe he has something important in his possession. Maybe he beat the wrong guy at poker. Or he's probably slept with the wife/girlfriend/daughter of someone he shouldn't have...

the_walking_dead_saison_1_photos_de_l_episode_3.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD

I've been a fan since episode one, though unfortunately most of my favourite characters are in the earlier seasons. Looking to play as SHANE or THE GOVERNOR. Perhaps Rick never wakes up and Shane remains the leader of the group, or he follows up with his threat to leave with Andrea in season two. Or with The Governor, it would detail his rise to being the man in charge of Woodbury, or a story about his relationship with Andrea or another survivor who stumbles across his town.

MINOR CRAVINGS:

BATMAN: NO MAN'S LAND

Pairings: Catwoman, Batgirl

This is based on the comic book arc where Gotham has been hit with an earthquake which is so devastating, it is declared "No Man's Land". For those more familiar with the films, think the second half of The Dark Knight Rises except it's more populated with criminals. The criminals and gangs have taken over the city, leaving Batman and his allies desperately trying to keep order.

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS

Yeah, I love this film. I'm happy to play as either Archie Hicox (Michael Fassbender's character) or maybe even Hugo Stiglitz at a push. Or we can just go with non-canon characters and have a film where the main characters' mission is to kill as many Nazi soldiers as possible.

WOLFENSTEIN (or any old crazy WW2 adventure)

I've been playing Wolfenstein: The New Order recently and I'd love to brainstorm up some WW2 ideas where Germany wins the war, and it's up to a rag-tag group of resistance fighters to take them on.

A shortlist of pairings without a real storyline:

THE WALKING DEAD

► Shane x Andrea

► Shane x Maggie

► Shane x OC

► The Governor x Andrea

► The Governor x OC

► Rick x Andrea

AVENGERS

Captain America x Peggy Carter

► Captain America x Black Widow

► Bruce Banner x Black Widow

X-MEN/MARVEL (OTHER)

► Iceman x Rogue

► Iceman x Shadowcat

► Colossus x Shadowcat

► Colossus x Black Widow

► Colossus x OC

► Cyclops x Jean Grey

► Cyclops x Emma Frost

BATMAN

► Batman x Catwoman

► Batman x Batgirl

► Jim Gordon x OC

► Joker x Harley Quinn

► Joker x ?

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit late, but if you were ever still looking, I'd be up for Gambit x Rogue, Wolverine x Rogue/Shadowcat, or Shane x Maggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back