• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Come rp with me friend

Kelpo

Magic Eight Ball
I'm very new to this site and looking for a buddy. I have a thousand world and story ideas we could use but if you have an idea you are super hyped about I'd be down for that too. I have played tabletop games and done written rp through email but never online with a stranger so it may take a little bit for me to get used to the new format I apologise.

Both of those sound great, as a general rule though I tend to lean away from science fiction.
Me too sci Fi is not really my forte.
My most flushed out steampunk world is in a country called aklia. I'll have a much better idea of the details when I get home to my maps but I have several different stories or "campaigns" in cities across the country. The main one takes place in the capital city that has been quarantined due to a plague unleashed by an enemy country as a form of biological warfare. The plague turns people into aggressive crazy monsters with no eyeballs and super enhanced hearing. Another big point is the crystals that have recently been discovered and are being used as a new energy source. These crystals are very bad for the environment and nothing grows in the surrounding area. This one only has humans.

The best fantasy world I have is on a floating city miles above the earth. The goal is to figure out the mystery of the city and find a way off while trying to survive the monsters and tribes that populate it. This one does have a big twist early on in the story so I can't give too much info on it or it would ruin a big aspect of the story. The playable races are three that I made up that I can tell you about if you are interested.

I know these aren't too detailed but I have a lot more written down and drawn out at home but I'm at work right now. If you'd like more details about these two or a couple more ideas I have in a few hours iust let me know!

Me too sci Fi is not really my forte.
My most flushed out steampunk world is in a country called aklia. I'll have a much better idea of the details when I get home to my maps but I have several different stories or "campaigns" in cities across the country. The main one takes place in the capital city that has been quarantined due to a plague unleashed by an enemy country as a form of biological warfare. The plague turns people into aggressive crazy monsters with no eyeballs and super enhanced hearing. Another big point is the crystals that have recently been discovered and are being used as a new energy source. These crystals are very bad for the environment and nothing grows in the surrounding area. This one only has humans.

The best fantasy world I have is on a floating city miles above the earth. The goal is to figure out the mystery of the city and find a way off while trying to survive the monsters and tribes that populate it. This one does have a big twist early on in the story so I can't give too much info on it or it would ruin a big aspect of the story. The playable races are three that I made up that I can tell you about if you are interested.

I know these aren't too detailed but I have a lot more written down and drawn out at home but I'm at work right now. If you'd like more details about these two or a couple more ideas I have in a few hours iust let me know!
I'd love to know more about your fantasy world, I think it sounds really good. What sort of characters did you have in mind?

I don't have any specific character ideas atm but I'll go ahead and copy paste what I have for the races. Just for reference, a cordallo crystal is a crystal that bridlinians are born with next to their heart. It basically acts as an organ for drawing in magical energy from the world around them. They can then channel the energy into spells and such. Also, umanu is basically the word for "man" in this world and sort of refers to any intelligent life.

-Bridlinian
Tall, skinny folk with generally light hair and pointy ears. Skin colors can range from from a very pale blueish-green to a dark blue, depending on the concentration of magic in their cordallo crystal. Think very highly of themselves. Usually about six feet tall fully grown and live around 120-130 years. Unlike the Dregdon and the Ke Kalo, the Bridlinians are not gendered. Any two Bridlinians may choose to have an offspring by combining a part of their cordallo crystal essences. Sometimes children are known to have three or four parents, though this is looked down upon.

-Dregdon
Stalkier and shorter than the Bridlinians, standing around 5'8". Skin colors vary slightly by region but generally is a light brown. Hair comes in a variety of different shades. Renowned for engineering skills as well as melee prowess. Very practical and resourceful. Dregdons cannot perform magic. Usually live to be 70-80.

-Ke Kalo
Depending who you ask, the Ke Kalo might not even be considered Umanu. Widespread debate sweeps the lower land to decide if the Ke Kalo are Umanu. It is no longer legal to keep a Ke Kalo slave in most places in the lower world. However, no such laws exist in Alazafel. Ke Kalo Usually stand about four and a half feet tall with muscular frames. Their skin is light green at birth, but later in life will darken to a darker green or greenish-brown. Ke Kalo are not born with magical abilities, but many Ke Kalo can cast spells while in the presence of a cordallo crystal. This is seen as disgusting by many as the only way to obtain a cordallo crystal is by removing it from a Bridlinian. Ke Kalo spell casting has perplexed Bridlinian scientists for some time and is regarded as impossible by the community. Ke Kalo are masters of group combat. They combine this with their acrobatic abilities to form a very unfamiliar fighting style, jumping off each other’s bodies and flinging each other around. This can be extremely effective if you are unprepared. Ke Kalo live 50-60 years.

I don't have any specific character ideas atm but I'll go ahead and copy paste what I have for the races. Just for reference, a cordallo crystal is a crystal that bridlinians are born with next to their heart. It basically acts as an organ for drawing in magical energy from the world around them. They can then channel the energy into spells and such. Also, umanu is basically the word for "man" in this world and sort of refers to any intelligent life.

-Bridlinian
Tall, skinny folk with generally light hair and pointy ears. Skin colors can range from from a very pale blueish-green to a dark blue, depending on the concentration of magic in their cordallo crystal. Think very highly of themselves. Usually about six feet tall fully grown and live around 120-130 years. Unlike the Dregdon and the Ke Kalo, the Bridlinians are not gendered. Any two Bridlinians may choose to have an offspring by combining a part of their cordallo crystal essences. Sometimes children are known to have three or four parents, though this is looked down upon.

-Dregdon
Stalkier and shorter than the Bridlinians, standing around 5'8". Skin colors vary slightly by region but generally is a light brown. Hair comes in a variety of different shades. Renowned for engineering skills as well as melee prowess. Very practical and resourceful. Dregdons cannot perform magic. Usually live to be 70-80.

-Ke Kalo
Depending who you ask, the Ke Kalo might not even be considered Umanu. Widespread debate sweeps the lower land to decide if the Ke Kalo are Umanu. It is no longer legal to keep a Ke Kalo slave in most places in the lower world. However, no such laws exist in Alazafel. Ke Kalo Usually stand about four and a half feet tall with muscular frames. Their skin is light green at birth, but later in life will darken to a darker green or greenish-brown. Ke Kalo are not born with magical abilities, but many Ke Kalo can cast spells while in the presence of a cordallo crystal. This is seen as disgusting by many as the only way to obtain a cordallo crystal is by removing it from a Bridlinian. Ke Kalo spell casting has perplexed Bridlinian scientists for some time and is regarded as impossible by the community. Ke Kalo are masters of group combat. They combine this with their acrobatic abilities to form a very unfamiliar fighting style, jumping off each other’s bodies and flinging each other around. This can be extremely effective if you are unprepared. Ke Kalo live 50-60 years.
Wow, you've really put a lot of thought into this, I'm impressed.

The Bridinians caught my eye the most, what sort of magical abilities did you have in mind?

Wow, you've really put a lot of thought into this, I'm impressed.

The Bridinians caught my eye the most, what sort of magical abilities did you have in mind?
Well they all naturally have this sort of elemental magic that they are born with and is specific to the region that their ancestors have been evolving in. For example if their tribe has been living on a mountain for thousands of years they would be born with with an instead ability to manipulate rocks and other mountainy things. The same would go for a tribe in the forest being able to control plant life or a tribe near the ocean being able to cast water spells. Those would be the base spells everyone starts with but if they hone their abilities they can cast thousands of other spells that don't have anything to do with elements

Would you be up to a roleplay set in the Victorian era? It has a mystery theme in case you’re wondering.

Well they all naturally have this sort of elemental magic that they are born with and is specific to the region that their ancestors have been evolving in. For example if their tribe has been living on a mountain for thousands of years they would be born with with an instead ability to manipulate rocks and other mountainy things. The same would go for a tribe in the forest being able to control plant life or a tribe near the ocean being able to cast water spells. Those would be the base spells everyone starts with but if they hone their abilities they can cast thousands of other spells that don't have anything to do with elements
Wow, cool idea. How would you like to start?

Wow, cool idea. How would you like to start?
Well just come up with a reason you are in the city. You can be a resident or something, you can be born there or like a merchant going up to trade or whatever. The economy is mostly based on trade with the lower world so there are regular trips back and forth on giant flying instects carrying goods, traders, and tourists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back